PDA

View Full Version : Hey Logan!!!

Cookiebaker
05-10-2007, 12:49 PM
How are your precious baby birds???? Please update when you get a moment 'cause we are itching to hear how they are doing!! :)

Logan
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I owe pictures, I know! All 5 are doing terrific, Anna. I need to take some new pictures, but not until we do a good cage cleaning! :o All 5 of them have their eyes open now and Roger and Milly are allowing me to handfeed the one baby with the splayed leg. I feed him once or twice/ day and as soon as I put him back in the nest, they are all over him, offering even more food! :eek: This morning, one baby was out of the nest, so I don't think it will be long before they are climbing everywhere!

Pictures tonight, I promise.

Logan

Vermontcat
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Logan, I would also love to see some new photos of the little baby birdies.
I'm happy to hear that they are all doing well and that they all have their eyes open now. :)

popcornbird
05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm waiting to see the little ones too! :D

Logan
05-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I just sent one of the babies to the bridge. :( I have been trying to handfeed, but the little fellow didn't eat much and even with Roger and Milly feeding him, he couldn't lift his head to help them at all. He was underdeveloped and both legs were splayed, not just one. We didn't see that until today. Thank goodness for Dr. Robinson, who is not a bird vet, but was willing to give him the small injection to relieve his suffering. Dr. Fernandez, who I have used for my birds, didn't have any afternoon appointments and I knew what needed to happen without seeing him, anyway. :( Such a sad, sad thing.

On a positive note, the remaining 4 babies are doing great, bless their hearts. :) I will get pictures, soon, I promise.

Logan

My Peanuts
05-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Aw poor little guy. Bless you for stopping his suffering.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Aw, bless his little heart. At least he went to the Bridge knowing he was loved. I bet he is bragging about it even now.

Roxyluvsme13
05-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Poor little birdie. RIP. :(

Can't wait for pictures :).

Vermontcat
05-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Aww, Logan I'm so sorry to hear that one of the babies went to the RB. :(
How are the other babies doing now?
I bet they are growing fast, I would love to see some more photos when you have time to post them.

sandragonfly
05-15-2007, 12:17 AM
I was waiting for an update and almost missed this!

I'm sorry, fly free & sleep softly now, little birdie. :(

looking furrward to new pictures! do they grow their feathers pretty much yet?? opening eyes must be cute.. :D

Cookiebaker
05-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Logan, I'm so sorry to hear about baby #5. :( I'm so excited to hear that the other 4 are thriving, though! :)