PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers

sirrahbed
05-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Any PT folks here on the WeightWatchers program? I know I have seen weight loss threads before but now wondering if some of you are following that particular program?

I am pretty familiar with WW since I originally got to my goal weight and did the lifetime thing but that was like 25 years ago. I am now heavier than when I started back then, but have restarted it many times along the way. I started up again on my own about two years ago and lost 8 pounds. Then when my daughter Missy was here staying with us, we both went to meetings where I took off another 13 pound or so. Then.....she left and I went to meetings off and on over the past year and managed to lose only 2 more pounds......23 pounds gone and needing to shed 50 more to be at goal.....so now am actually going to the weekly meetings and following program closely. Even though I am overweight, I can tell that I really do know the right way to eat, exercise and all that good stuff - but need to do it consistently as a part of life.

My cholesterol is a worry now. That is especially bad for me because I am a kidney patient and need to keep mine even lower than "normal" for that reason...just last week I began using medication (Prevacol)

Anyway, I had to familiarize myself with the new Flex plan of keeping track of points and that is what we follow. Would love to hear from other WeightWatchers :)

Flatcoatluver
05-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Good luck! I am on weight watchers. I started the first week in feb. and I have lost 36 lbs so far. i am on the flex plan, and it enjoy this plan very much. Havne't really looked at the core plan yet :o !

sirrahbed
05-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Flatcoatluver - 36 pounds is GREAT :D WOW!!! Do you attend the meetings? Do it online? At work? Follow the flex plan on your own?? Do you find it easy or hard to get in the requirements - water, milk, oil? Do you find that you use the weekly points evenly by day or save them for something special? Last year I know that I always forgot to use them unless I wanted a meal out or for treats I was craving. Lots of questions for you :)

I may copy you and put my pounds under my avatar....seems like a public commitment that I could use. I really want to stick with it and get back to goal again - and then stay there. (you know, be an after and all that ;) )

Sirrahsim
05-10-2007, 01:26 PM
I'll be looking for you on the Weight Watchers ads in a few months Mom! :p :D
Be an after, stay an after!

Logan
05-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Debbie, my sister had great success on Weight Watchers. She did it with a group of teachers from her school. I think the "team" approach of Weight Watchers is the right way to go. I did LA Weight Loss and lost a lot of weight, but it is such an individual thing and required so much reporting and such a restrictive diet that both my daughter and I failed at it. If I were to do another formal diet, Weight Watchers would be my choice, for sure.

My stepson faithfully followed Weight Watchers for about a year. He lost over 30 pounds. Unfortunately, he gained it all back and doesn't seem to have the desire to continue, but he is 12 years old. I hate that he has to fight his weight at such a young age.

I konw that a weight loss plan and a plan for healthier living, including regular exercise, is exactly what Scott and I need. My weight fluctuates, and I have lost some weight, recently, but for the wrong reasons. I am one of those who stops eating when depressed or upset about life. My husband is the exact opposite and tends to eat too much when he is stressed. He has recently started the Atkins diet again. He lost almost 30 pounds on this diet, before, right before we got married, but it is easy to fall off of that wagon and gain weight.

There is no easy answer unless we truly dedicate ourselves to losing weight the healthy way and stick with the plan for life. I find that I have not got that dedication yet. If I did, I would lose the 40 pounds that I ought to and stick with it and probably get rid of my blood pressure medication and feel much better!

You're a nurse. You know what you need to do, but I completely understand how hard it is!!!!!

Good luck!

Logan

sirrahbed
05-10-2007, 01:37 PM
:) I will need your help to not cheat too much when we are in Texas. Have to have my mexican food and bbq. Lately I am never very hungry, but I think it because I have been letting myself eat too much junk and not enough whole food.

Yes Missy I really NEED to be an after. The kidney doc kinda scared me last week and I hate being on cholesterol and blood pressure medicine. But I am sure that getting weight off plus eating better will help control both of those problems.

I know I won't be hitting ad "after" ads but you just gave me the idea to take some full digitals for my own comparison. Wish I had done that in the beginning but I doubt I would have been able to get in front of camera. You know me, I will let my face show but usually manage to put something or someone in front of me for pictures :D

catlover4ever
05-10-2007, 03:01 PM
I Debbie, I joined WW the first week of January. I do the flex plan and I am down 36.8 lbs so far and I have a long way to go, but I have set small goals for myself to keep myself motivated. My first goal was 10% (accomplished), my next goal was to jog 1 mile (accomplished), I am currently working on continuing my mile with better times each week and I am working to make it to "one-derland" under 200 lbs by my hubbies b-day in June.

When I joined I took my measurements and a starting picture. The beginning of each month I take my measurements and more pictures and I am amazed at the changes. I have lost 4.5 inches off my hips alone. You can do it....you just have to stick with it and be positive about it. It gets hard, but if you fall off the horse (so to speak) just get back up and move on from that point. You have to be able to forgive yourself and pick right back up from where you started.

I highly recommend reading a book called "Body Clutter, Love Your Body, Love Yourself" it's by Marla Cilley and Leanne Ely....very insightful. There is also a website that she has ..... Body Clutter (http://www.flylady.net/) ...check it out sometime. --- Meg

sirrahbed
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I loved hearing from you Logan & Meg :)

I did take and record measurements <gulp> but still need to ask hubby to take a picture. I hate to even look in a full length mirror so I know that won't be pretty <bigger gulp> I have never done the measurements so I did not even know what mine were so I am hoping I will see something measurable Meg. oh and "one derland" I like that!! I have one pound to get there and then will be close to my usual plump adult weight.

Flatcoatluver
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Flatcoatluver - 36 pounds is GREAT :D WOW!!! Do you attend the meetings? Do it online? At work? Follow the flex plan on your own?? Do you find it easy or hard to get in the requirements - water, milk, oil? Do you find that you use the weekly points evenly by day or save them for something special? Last year I know that I always forgot to use them unless I wanted a meal out or for treats I was craving. Lots of questions for you :)

I attend the meeting every week unless I have to show the dogs. I visit online sometimes. To be honest I always forget to right down my points. :o But I keep what I have ate in my mind, so that helps a lot. I don't use all my weekly points, I do use them though if I have a special occasion. I drink a lot of water at night and at work so I don't worry about that, but I do worry about getting in all of the oils and milk products. I was a vegetarion for 2 years before I joined WW. I started eating chicken noodle soup because it was only 4 points for a huge can. I also love healthy choice fudge pops, only 2 points and you can get a huge box at Costco.

cyber-sibes
05-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I joined in mid-Feb. & I've lost 22 lbs. :D
I go to a meeting every week & get weighed in. I track my food on-line & sometimes go into the chat rooms. I also get recipies off their site too. In fact, a friend I used to work with saw me & also joined, so we go together now. My hubby was back in town & was so impressed, he joined too! Before joining, I had about given up on the idea that I would ever lose weight. I hit my 10% a couple weeks ago, I was very happy!

I also took my measurements in the beginning & stuck them away. I re-did them the other day & was overjoyed to see that I had lost like 4" off my hips! Yippee!

Congrats, you 30+ lb loss people, that's impressive!

Pam
05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Debbie, my neighbor lost 100 lbs. on Weight Watchers. She looks terrific and the best part is that she has kept it off for several years. She says the key is to keep going to the meetings even when you have reached your goal weight.

carole
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Debbie i do weight watchers, i cannot afford the meetings so i go it alone, so i could do with a little extra support myself, i am desperately trying to loose 3 kgs I re-gained over xmas about half a stone,but i have managed to keep at least a stone off which is great going for me ,actually maintaining it for once bar the few little extras over the festive season, and then i want to loose another 15-20lbs before my 50th birthday in december, i am really struggling with it, i even do exercise daily with my treadmill and weights and have gained some muscle i never knew i had, but the weight is another story.

I believe WW is the best weight loss plan out there and have done it off and on for years now since having my first child almost 26 yrs ago, i have been battling with weighty issues that long,i am not huge, but i need to keep my weight down to for my health, it is the body fat distribution as you age that bothers me, especially the pre-menopause spread around the middle lol,which some people are lucky enough to avoid, must be genetics i think,both my mother and sister are not big people but tend to carry it there as i do, grrr....

I wish you well on the programme and it is successful, it is just we are all human and have our downfalls, don't we? so good luck and keep at it, i will never give up trying, i reckon i spend 80 per cent of my time eating WW,and i consider myself a reasonably healthy eater because of that, and 20 per cent of the time it goes completely out the window and i binge eat,there is no time limit on that either can last from 2 days to 2 months,not good,it is that 20 per cent that is the problem, I really don't have a good relationship with food,that is something i would dearly love to achieve,as i say when i am good i am really good and when i am bad i am really bad.,almost wicked really. :) :D

Twisterdog
05-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I'd love to do it, but the only meetings here start at 5:30, and I don't get off work until 6:00, plus a thrity minutes drive. :mad:

carole
05-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Twisterdog why don't you see if you can get the plan and do it at home like me, it is harder without the support, but i am more than happy to support you, and help anyway i can, being doing this on and off for years, so think i know a thing or two, just a thought.

sirrahbed
05-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I enjoyed hearing from others on the program :) Hubby and I are doing it together though I am the one to go to the meetings - I come home and tell him what all we talked about. This week was about cravings for certain foods, when they happen, why and what we can do to meet them. This week, we drove to Indiana for our son's graduation from seminary and there was a family dinner out. I stayed on program! At the steakhouse I had liver & onions, doubled my veggies instead of potato, and had nofat dressing on a salad - raspberry! My son had fixed hummus at the house and so I had some of that, too. He uses liquid from the garbanzos instead of olive oil and peanut butter instead of tahini.
Anyway, I lost two more pounds at my midweek meeting and so am down by 26 pounds with 48 more to go. I am in "one-derland" Meg :) Next challenge will be staying with my daughter (Missy - sirrahsim) while she has her new baby. I will try to really watch what I eat, but I can't go to Texas without at least having some old favorites like mexican food and real mesquite barbeque It seems like I have done WW enought that I can follow pretty closely without counting points too closely. We eat pretty well but my weakness is snacking :o

I see that cyber_sibes (Pat) started a fun thread with pictures called I'm Losing It! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=127454) Maybe add to it? ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Way to go, everyone! I bet you all look great! I am going to attempt to loose about 40 or so pounds this summer, wish me luck, please! ;)

sirrahbed
06-04-2007, 05:58 PM
I managed to stay pretty much on program during our stay in Texas and came home two pounds lighter :D My next meeting is Wednesday so will see how the "official" weight goes....

I have started a new beverage for when I go out to eat and I am loving it. I order water and save the $$ and ask for it with lemon. Then, I add a packet of Splenda and it makes the most refreshing water/drink:) I am not sure where I got that idea - either here or at my meeting. Hubby and I have also started splitting meals when we got out. We went to Cracker Barrel in Texas and I had a plate with four side dishes and that was really good - salad, green beans, carrots and then okra (fried but had to have it) We also went out for bbq and I had a brisket sandwich and skipped the potato salad and beans so I feel pretty good about that.

Aren't the prices of buying fresh produce expensive?? I paid 99 cents for a green pepper! Strawberries and grapes also seem to be high priced. Oh well, I think it does cost more to eat healthier.

My clothing is starting to fit more comfortably. At how much loss until some of you start noticing changes and when do others start seeing a difference? Missy told me I looked thinner when I was there but I can't really see it on myself yet.

Any meal ideas out there? Do any of you have trouble getting your milks in? How about oils? Water?

cassiesmom
06-04-2007, 06:05 PM
There are about 6 of us in the office counting points with Weight Watchers. When they see me drinking a pop they will say, "Shouldn't you be drinking water instead?" I bought a new 32-ounce plastic cup from the dollar store to keep at work. That way, one cup before lunch and one after.

sirrahbed
06-15-2007, 12:18 PM
How are the PT Weight Watchers doing? Hubby and I are still working at it - he has lost about 15 pounds now and his clothes are all falling off. He seems to lose so quickly and easily!! I am still losing gradually.

Yesterday we bought me a bike!! I took about a 15 minute ride and am so sore today! That bike seat feels like a brick :o I used to be a hiker and in very good shape but the last years I have gone to ZERO exercise. Hopefully I can build back up. I go back to my Nephrology appointment in two weeks and am hoping my medications can soon be adjusted down :)

Any interesting supper/dinner ideas for summer? We have grilled out a few times and I love how squash tastes off the grill. The nice selection of fruits is wonderful, too :)

Flatcoatluver
06-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Congrats!

I have been having a hard time. I've lost 40. But I end up loosing a little and gaining a lot. So I need to re-adjust my food and excersize.

sirrahbed
06-15-2007, 12:25 PM
flatcoatlover - I know that feeling of losing really well and then being tempted to slack off. I am bad about actually writing down and counting points because I have done WW so long that it seems unnecessary - but it really does help me. So, this week so far I have written down every single thing. Are you able to make meetings in between showing the doggies? 40 pounds is amazing!! - bet you can see lots of difference? I picked up a code for a free trial at the WW Online and plan to check it out and see if it is something I would use - supposed to be software to keep track of points....Keep trying, OK? :)

Oh yes and I bookmarked and use a couple sites that are unofficial weightwatcher recipes and ideas. Hungry Girl (http://www.hungry-girl.com/index.php) is a nice site. I am trying to find a great site I used to have that listed restaurant and fastfood meals and points - anyone have something like this??

edit: Found what I was looking for!! Dotti's Weight Loss Zone (http://www.dwlz.com/) Lots of restaurant foods already calculated :D :D

Flatcoatluver
06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I used to be able to attend every meeting, but now I have to work Saterday mournings so I can only go to 2 meetings every month. I can't see the difference in my body, but my family said they can. I finally went down two pant sizes, so I can finally wear pants I wore three years ago. I don't really write my points, down. :o Kind of keep it in my head, I know it's so bad. But my hardest part is trying to drink all of the water.

sirrahbed
06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
....hardest part is trying to drink all of the water.

oh YES I have trouble with the water too. I did find a drink I like and it is bottles of green tea - Lipton's Diet Green Tea in citrus flavor and I love that one. The white tea with raspberry is also good to me - so I keep these in the fridge and have a couple each day so that gets me 36 ounces - seldom drink plain water and I know I should :cool: I tend to drink bottled water from the fridge pretty well. I have thought of getting one of those quart pitchers with a straw and keeping ice water in there and maybe I would drink more, then. My daughter Missy brought one home from the hospital and something like that would be good to keep around.

sammy101
06-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I started Weight Watchers not too long ago. I just started my 2nd week on Wednesday and I lost 4.8 lbs on my first week! I'm doing pretty good! :D And since my last weigh in i've lost a couple more pounds. I'm on the flex plan and i really like it. It's really helping me eat a lot more fruits and vegetables than what i was before.
Congrats to everyone who has lost!

Flatcoatluver
06-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I started Weight Watchers not too long ago. I just started my 2nd week on Wednesday and I lost 4.8 lbs on my first week! I'm doing pretty good! :D And since my last weigh in i've lost a couple more pounds. I'm on the flex plan and i really like it. It's really helping me eat a lot more fruits and vegetables than what i was before.
Congrats to everyone who has lost!
Congrats Sam! The first couple weeks were the hardest for me. The flex plan is my favorite. Haven't tried core, but it confuses me. :p

cyber-sibes
06-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah everybody! Sticking with it really pays off. If you feel discouraged, go to WW online & go into the chat rooms. People are really supportive & you'll see you're not the only one struggling. You can create a user acct. even if you aren't a member of WW.

Can I share my WW success with you? I've lost 31 lbs. :eek: No wonder nothing fits anymore! Just before moving i went back to the sister store (smaller sizes) to the one I worked in (plus sizes) & bought jeans & a couple shirts. I was amazed, before I used to buy mostly 16's & some 18's....my new size? 12! And regular Med.- shirts instead of plus sizes!

My husband's lost 25 lbs. so far, too. He's lookin' good!

sammy101
06-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Congrats Sam! The first couple weeks were the hardest for me. The flex plan is my favorite. Haven't tried core, but it confuses me. :p

Thanks!
Haha me too. The flex plan made the most sense to me and i didn't really bother reading up on the core plan :o

Congrats to you and your husband Cyber-Sibes! :)

cassiesmom
06-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Update. I'm into my third week. 3 pounds down, 27 to go on the first goal, 97 on the overall goal. I'm craving ice cream because it is scorching hot out tonight.

Babyboonie
06-17-2007, 10:12 AM
I've just finished my second week of ww's and have so far lost 7lbs. Haven't had a very good weekend this weekend, but weigh in isn't until Friday so i'll have to SUPER good this week!

I've set myself a mini goal of losing 1stone by the end of June - 7lbs to go.... :eek:
I started an account online and found that the people are really friendly and supportive...bit like the people on pet talk! :D

cyber-sibes
06-17-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm craving ice cream because it is scorching hot out tonight.See if a local ice cream stand carries a new product called Only 8. (there's only 8 natural ingredients) It's only 1 point a serving, 2 points with a cone. We've been going out for it pretty often. It tastes really good.
Congrats on the weight losses!

carole
06-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Congratulations to everyone doing so well, good on you, I am afraid i am really battling with it, i just cannot seem to get it off, I am just maintaining within a kilo or two, and i am sick of it,i watched Dr Oz on oprah, as i a one of those unlucky people who carry it around the middle, which only happened in the last three years or so, i blame those hormones lol,seriously though i think it really has something to do with it, and even though it was interesting i basically am doing most of what he suggested to no avail.

What he had to say really concerned me though, as my waist measurement means i am just as bad as if i had breast cancer, carrying that body fat around there, i am only one inch away from it, that scares the hell out of me,and no matter what i do it seems to not shift from there in a hurry.
Eight years ago i weighed ten kilos heavier than now but i did not have the body fat around my middle as i do now, it was more spread out if you know what i mean, not only does it feel uncomfortable it looks bad,i am not that big elsewhere, but it sucks when you want to wear a nice little top and that bulge is in the way.

I do my exercise now, the weight training and treadmill, and since i had some very severe stomach problems in the last two weeks, i have obviously been eating a lot less and the right stuff, i had no choice really, and i only managed to shift a couple of pounds, my cholestrol is only 3.8 which i think is proof that eighty per cent of the time i eat low fat, which i do, it's that 20 per cent that lets me down.

I am desperate to loose ten kilos by xmas for my 50th birthday, the best gift i can give myself, I am really feel low about it all, but no i won't go binging,my stomach just would not handle it right now, something i would normally do when feeling low about it all, the vicious cycle,any ideas are most welcome.

All you younger ones, take it from me get it off and keep it off now if you can, it is just so hard as you get older, ten years ago, it was a piece of cake to loose, now it is the biggest struggle ever. :(

sirrahbed
06-26-2007, 04:11 PM
My best friend told me about this site;

The Daily Plate (http://www.thedailyplate.com/)

and thought I would post it here for you guys. It is SO COOL and easy to use. It keeps track of everything you eat and looks up things by brands, restaurants, etc. It does not track points but I have been tracking my intake and it very close to points. I entered a desired weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week and is coming out almost exactly the same as my 26 daily point allowance. It also adds credit for exercise - just like WW suggests.

edit: I spent more time on Daily Plate and found that it will also track and chart measurements and BMI. I am using the free stuff but it has a "gold" version as well. This free version seems to do everything I could want and more. I also discoverd that it will generate a pie chart graph of each daily plate. :D

I have a free trial code to try the WW online tools and will see if it does anything that the Daily Plate does not do. Any member can get the free trial code at meetings or through e-mail at the WW website.

Weigh-in is tomorrow night for me. I lost three pounds last week but don't think I lost this week because I did not track my intake well for the first 3 days or so and we have been going out to eat quite a bit. My goal for the coming week is to TRACK and drink my water.

The fruits & vegetables at the grocery store are beautiful right now. I am going to try a fruit salsa (mango) this week to put on grilled meat. I am also wanting some feta cheese so have a new recipe to try. Yes it is fattening but it does not take much at all to add lots of flavor.

I enjoy having graphical tools to help me out. I made a weightloss ticker at:
The Ticker Factory (http://www.tickerfactory.com/)
and pasted it into my signature. That makes it look more like I have actually accomplished something:) They have some cute ones to choose from - I think this is where some folks get their event tickers. Anyone else using any E-Tools??

I hope you guys are continuing to do well :)

cyber-sibes
06-26-2007, 11:29 PM
I use E-tools every day, Deb. I track my points, get recipies, check out restaurants, read stories, and occasionally go into the chat threads. They have good articles. I've looked at some of the exercise videos, too, just haven't gotten that motivated yet :rolleyes: .
I had my weigh-in tonight. I've lost 33.6 lbs. now, and only about 7 to go to my goal. I can hardly believe it! I've been wondering if maybe I should set my goal lower, but I'll be quite happy to reach it just where it is! Anything beyond that will be icing on the cake so to speak. Between my hubby & myself, we've lost 60 lbs. :p My losses have slowed down the past couple weeks, so I'm trying to recommit & follow my plan more carefully. It's so easy to start adding in a bite of this, a bite of that.
I'm going to check out the site you posted, sounds interesting.

sirrahbed
07-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I just noticed that my ticker shows I am roughly HALFWAY to my goal weight! I also see that it has been a month now since anyone posted and I am wondering how you other weight watchers have been doing?? I have missed quite a few meetings but still do the DailyPlate every day. I am down several sizes but nothing too dramatic yet.

Daughter Missy told me about SteamFresh veggies and I have been buying those now and love them!! It is so easy to grab a bag veggies out of the freezer and toss them in the microwave. I also got a free sample of the new Ziploc steam&fresh bags that you can put fresh veggies in to microwave steam. I need to get a variety off the grocery salad bar and try that.

Our Kroger had the Lean Cuisine Paninis on sale at 5/$10 so I enjoy having those around for quick meals. The one with chicken, spinach and mushrooms is my favorite! Anyone else like those? How about other QUICK meal or product ideas?

carole
07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Firstly congratulations on your wonderful progress, i wish i could report the same, i am just maintaining,and i have not been able to eat bad food, or nawtee food anymore as i have some rather bad stomach problems, but i guess it just proves it , even eating good food, if you eat too much you still won't loose the weight,damn it all lol.

We have a product here called chicken lites, i love them, especially on a burger, i eat them quite a lot, and they are only 1 and half points, great value for a dinner,but i have been eating less of them, as i feel they are still processed foods, and eating what i call real chicken, i just put them on my George foreman grill,and meal in minutes.

Keep up the excellent work and you will be there in no time, well done,I hope to become inspired by your amazing efforts, here's hoping . :)

cyber-sibes
07-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey, congratulations - just stick wth it and the weight WILL drop off.
:D I'm now within 3 pounds of my goal! I've lost 37 lbs. since Feb., and my goal was to lose 40 lbs. Seems like the closer I get, though, the harder it is to lose. I've been working on this last 5 lbs. for a month & a half.... It's time to go back to basics for me; no extra points, measure carefully, count points for everything, drink those 8 glasses of water every day. I really hope to make my goal before the end of August.
As far as quick meals, one of my favorites is a pizza-flavored soy burger on a flax pita, with a slice of onion, slice of fat-free cheese, & a couple slices of sauted portabella mushrooms on top. A dollop of salsa or spaghetti sauce is a bonus. I've also done made it on light English muffins, too. The whole sandwich is like 4 ponts.

I still struggle with those late-night snacks, but I try to stick to things that are no more than 2 pts. (WW bars, yogurt, fruit, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (what a treat!), and things like rice cakes.

Look on the weight watchers site, they have a lot of good recipies that are easy & quick. ;)

jazzcat
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Debbie that is awesome! You are doing so great!

cyber-sibes, congrats to you on being so close to your goal! That is great!

Now, would you two stop sending those pounds down here to me?! :eek: :rolleyes:

carole
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Lori i think they are sending them further a field ,down under to be exact lol, then of course they get transformed into kilos,which does not sound quite as bad,lets see twenty pounds or ten kilos, i like the number ten myself,but sadly its all the same.

These two are going great guns,keep at it,it is worth all the effort in the end. :)

cyber-sibes
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
:D *** Aug. 7th *** :D
YIPPEE!!!!
Gosh, was I surprised today when I stepped on that WW scale....
:eek: I made my goal!!!! :)
I've lost 40.2 lbs.!
If I can maintain this weight for 6 weeks, I'll be a lifetime Member - yippee - no more monthly dues!
My hubby has lost 32 lbs. so far, too. The woman sitting across from me also made goal today - she's lost 48 lbs!

catlover4ever
08-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Cyber-sibes - GREAT JOB!!!!

Debbie - keep up the good work!!!

I figured I would also post with an update. I weighed in last week and officially hit 50 lbs lost. I have another 50-60 to go to be at goal, then I would like to become either a receptionist or a leader for WW.

Everyone keep plugging along......you can do it!!!!

cyber-sibes
08-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Cyber-sibes - [SIZE=6]I figured I would also post with an update. I weighed in last week and officially hit 50 lbs lost. I have another 50-60 to go to be at goal, then I would like to become either a receptionist or a leader for WW.Congratulations! And look, you're half-way to your goal! Awesome!
I love the leaders & receptionists, they've all got great success stories & really inspire me to keep going. I was amazed at last night's meeting by everyone whose lost 40, 50, 80, & more lbs. We had several people there for the first time, too, and I know they had to have been inspired. Our WW leader lost 110 lbs. and has kept it off now for 23 years. (She went in & out of WW several times, so she's a great example of not giving up, no matter what). :D

sirrahbed
08-08-2007, 10:49 AM
YAY!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/jumpysmiles.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/jumpysmiles.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/jumpysmiles.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/jumpysmiles.gif

Wonderful news Cyber-sibes!! You must be so excited and I am very proud of you! Only a few weeks of maintenance and you get that LIFETIME!

Meg - FIFTY pounds is terrific!! Bet you are feeling so good :D

.....I can do it! I can do it, too!.....

king2005
08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm not on any program... I was loosing weight, but I got fat again with all the stress Chad was putting on me.. I've been eating better again & I'm far more active with my new friends, so I've been loosing... but I'm still not happy, as I lost so much weight & I finally felt like the old me & then blah...

carole
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Well Done everyone, what awesome results , you are all very inspiring, i have been having a real struggle, but can report some good news at long last, just lost my first 1.7 kgs this week,I am doing WW at home,i have twenty pounds to loose before December, so i am hoping i can continue and keep it up this time.

keep at it everyone,we shall all get there in the end. :)

sirrahbed
08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Carole-I am trying to lose by the end of the year, also - 37 more pounds. You can lose that 20 pounds!! Shall we compete? :D Good for you following the program at home.
Also - I have mentioned this before but a site I now use each day is Daily Plate (http://www.thedailyplate.com/). It tracks calories but is very compatible with WW in that each point is roughly 50 calories. This site has a "gold" pay version but I tried it and found it does not have much more than the FREE version so that is all I use now. It is such a nifty site and easy to use - tracks anything you eat and also will keep track of weight, fat index and charts everything too.

carole
08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
WOW debbie you have achieved so much, i know you will get to your goal by the end of the year, i am hoping i will too,lets go for it!!! :)

K9karen
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM
WOW! Good job all!!!

I did WW over 25 years ago when one had to use a scale to measure ounces etc, but honestly, it was wonderful and ALOT of food. I lost 25 but gained it back when I stopped going to meetings. I'm very competitive so I do better in a group.

Of course, i never had kids and that has a lot to do with it, but since life's "special" issues from 1999...I lost all the weight I should have in my 20's. And I joined a gym. But it's so hard. I can't resist Mexican, Indian, italian food so I really have to watch it 'cause it still goes right to my buttski. I love food. Life's so unfair. :rolleyes:

carole
08-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Girl i have seen you on those lovely postcards you send me, and you look fabulous.,what buttski,no can see. :)

Christiansmommy
08-09-2007, 08:30 PM
This doesn't have to do with Weight Watchers, but I was reading in your post that you are a kidney patient? If you don't mind me asking, what kind of issues do you have with your kidneys? The reason I ask, is my youngest, Jeremy, has renal cystic dysplasia of the kidneys. They are functioning normally right now and have been since birth, so far so good, but he is seen regularly by a pediatric neuphrologist...(we found out about it on ultrasound...as they appear dense and have a couple very small cysts in them.) Anyway, if it's too personal, you don't have to reply, and the fact that is has nothing to do with your thread!! LOL, I am just always interested in knowing anyone's story who has a kidney disorder/issue, since my Jeremy does too.

Good luck on the weight loss!! I need to lose a good 10-15 myself!!

K9karen
08-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Girl i have seen you on those lovely postcards you send me, and you look fabulous.,what buttski,no can see. :)

cuz I hide it WELL!!!! :rolleyes:

I still ask, even at my age, all these years..."Do I look fat"? Does my butt look big"? With the folks gone, my poor brother and John have to endure these questions all the time. Their response?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

For those of you wondering why I mention this: in school, since grade 1..I was called horrible names. Verbal child molestation by other kids.

cassiesmom
12-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Well... I was down 20 pounds (80 to go!) but I put two back on between Christmas Eve and day. It was a lot of carbs, too - fettuccine Alfredo after church on Monday, roast pork and bread dumplings yesterday. Today I'm not hungry at all, though.

carole
12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I am back on track today, after the xmas spell, i must admit after a bit of pigging out, i really look forward to eating healthy again, i feel horrible when i am eating high fat, sugary foods, i embrace my healthy eating regime again, i say bring it on. :)

catlover4ever
12-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I'll be back on track tomorrow. This year I managed to drop just over 50 lbs and I completed the Las Vegas Half Marathon on December 2!!! For 2008 I want to drop another 50 - 60 and then I will reach my goal.

cyber-sibes
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
I've maintained my 40 lb. weight loss since August, but I admit I gained a few this week, but I think the trade-off was worth it. I would feel so deprived if I didn't get to have some traditional favorites (especially since I'm doing all the baking), and my son's been here visiting, so we've gone out quite a bit. At least I know HOW to go about losing it again...but I'm not counting points again till my kid leaves (tomorrow)!

kimlovescats
12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Ok, ladies, you've got me wanting to give it a real try this time. I've done the online in the past but quit after about 2 weeks. Not having anyone in "real life" to be accountable to always makes it to easy to just stop everything. I need to look into a meeting place and times here in town and then get really serious!

I need to loose at least 60 pounds if not more. Right now I'd take 20! :p

carole
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
You go girl, believe me when you make the committment and do it, it is well worth all the effort, i wish you all the best of luck with your weight loss journey, i am still on mine, but so far i am back on track and you know what i am enjoying it, the healthy regime agrees with me, and makes me feel so much better about myself, i hate when i am out of control and eating bad, makes me feel lethargic and horrible , so good luck to everyone. :)

sirrahbed
03-20-2008, 09:00 AM
I am at my goal weight! :) It took until March 2008 rather than the end of last year, but it is here.

The chart now tells me I am "normal" body weight, but I do not see that in the mirror - maybe never will. But, I do feel healthier and can get around the block really quickly and not at all tired. I *must* get some sort of exercise going when the weather breaks. I am also wearing many of my old clothes and need to get a few things that really fit :o

Anyway, I wanted to share this victory here - and hope to hear from others who are working at it. :) :)

cyber-sibes
03-20-2008, 11:49 AM
I am at my goal weight! :)
:D :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :) :D

A wonderful victory! Do treat yourself to some new things, you deserve it! It will help you realize how far you've come, & you will look thinner to yourself in your new sizes.

Even if you don't think you look different, believe me, you do to other people! I worked in women's plus size clothes & went next door to our sister store (regular sizes!) last year after losing 40 lbs. & the girls I'd worked next door to for 3 years didn't recognize me right away -- what a hoot!

Sirrahsim
03-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I would just like to say Way to Go Mom!!!!!!!
You look fabulous! I can't believe that you came down here wearing my old jeans that haven't fit me since before Austin :D You have a teeny little waist and a narrow bottom that I would give my right arm for.
Congratulations Mom!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I am at my goal weight! :) It took until March 2008 rather than the end of last year, but it is here.

The chart now tells me I am "normal" body weight, but I do not see that in the mirror - maybe never will. But, I do feel healthier and can get around the block really quickly and not at all tired. I *must* get some sort of exercise going when the weather breaks. I am also wearing many of my old clothes and need to get a few things that really fit :o

Anyway, I wanted to share this victory here - and hope to hear from others who are working at it. :) :)

What a fabulous accomplishment! You should be so very proud of yourself! Did you do it with Weight Watchers?

Congratulations and here's to many healthy years!

carole
03-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Well Done, congratulations, you should be patting yourself on the back and treating yourself to something special (not food) of course, but maybe a day at the spa or some new clothes etc,how about posting some before and after photos, they always inspire me, i am still battling on, i gained 2kgs over the xmas period and i still have not lost it, i need to loose that first then get on with loosing the rest, so i am in awe of you, and you have made me decide to get back on the wagon again, and get stuck in,thanks for that, and again awesome. :)

Rachel
03-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Congratulations are in order. I know it is not an easy thing to do. No matter how many times I try to get on a regime of eating less, I can't seem to execute the plan. Actually I do eat a healthy diet and even not excessive until after dinner when I have to have one or two treats - which are enough to foil the best intentions.

Also what about your cholesterol level? Have you seen a reduction since your weight loss?

cassiesmom
05-26-2008, 08:50 PM
There is a ticker in sirrahbed's signature that says 85.8 POUNDS LOST! Wowie, WOW! Congratulations and way to go, Sirrahbed!

AmberLee
05-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Whoooohoooo, Sirrahbed!!! You go, girl! HaPpY DaNcInG FoR YoU!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-27-2008, 09:28 AM

WOW Debbie!!! What a major achievement!! How many pounds did you get rid of in total??

I am on WW too now, since January. I have to loose at least 20 kg, doctors orders! I weigh far to much for my back :rolleyes::(. At first I kept going down and back up. But now it starts working: I have lost 4 kg in total now!
Still lots of work here:D

kittycats_delight
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Good Job Debbie. I have just about 10 days ago started a program here with a dietologist. I have to lose about 30 kgs in her opinion but for me I would like to lose About what you had to loss. I am doing pretty well so far and have lost 5 kg or 11 lbs. Not bad for 10 days. I was told the first 10kg maybe even 15 kg will fall away quick then things will get much slower.

How long in total did it take you to lose yours? My dietologist said it could take upto 2 years to take it all off. How are you doing now with maintaining? Has it been difficult?

Great job...you go girl!!!!

Michelle

moosmom
05-27-2008, 02:05 PM
I got on the scale the other day and almost fell over, although I wasn't surprised considering my awful eating habits lately.

I've decided to go back to WW. I lost 30 lbs last time years ago (before I moved to MI). I had been on Jenny Craig, and while I lost 40 lbs on it, I put the weight back on fairly quickly.

I believe in WW. It shows you how to eat the right foods and portions and lose weight without being hungry (especially if you love veggies as much as I do) I sound like a TV commercial, but it's true.

I may need support this time cuz I'm older and it's more difficult to lose weight the older you get (keep that in mind you young things!!!;);)

sirrahbed
05-27-2008, 07:46 PM
:) somebody brought back my old thread:)

ES, I followed Weight Watchers and went to meetings for the first year and this last year stayed WW essentially out of habit and added on charting everything I eat at Dailyplate just for the ease of it. Lut & Michelle, I have lost a good 85 pounds now and it took me almost two years.

Yes I am pretty proud of getting it off and so far I am losing a bit more while adding back some things like chocolate and peanut butter that have set me back in the past.

The best thing I notice is how easy it is to roll over in bed:p I also discovered that I can both run and hop. Well not real spectacular but I do know there was a time when even hurrying was impossible and I absolutely could not clear the ground with a bounce. My running is something of - as in - a few steps but I would still call it running. For whatever reason, I tried the hop on the way in to Lowes a week or so ago and was stunned:eek:So, I tried it a few more times right there in the parking lot. Must have been a sight!

My wardrobe is still jammies, sleep pants, tee shirts, capris and jeans. One of these days I will get out and treat myself to something new and cute.

Reading about the progress of others here has been so encouraging to me!! And yes, I will have to be brave and post some pictures (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1831123#post1831123).

A few weeks ago somebody posted a thread about paninis and since then I have been experimenting with them on the Foreman grill. Today I filled my bread with leftover grilled chicken, a slice of swiss and a handful of spinach (raw) leaves. I sprayed the bread with cooking spray and wow was it ever good!! Tasted much like the lean cuisine ones I love to buy.

carole
05-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Your story truly inspires me ,but i still have not managed to move, i am stuck on this weight gain of 2 kilos, which i gained just before xmas, i still need to get that off and then work really hard to get another ten off which is my goal, i keep thinking in time for summer, but i never seem to get there, i always want to eat more in the winter and i think my sub conscience say's i can hide the weight with my hoodie's and jackets, and i allow myself to eat more, but then summer comes around and i panic, eat more and the end result is i have lost a big fat zero excuse the pun, i just have to motivate myself and let the programme and lifestyle kick in, i have not much to loose really, and i know i can do it, it was good to read your last post as it does help me think about getting my butt into gear and just doing it , once and for all.

You really should go for that shopping treat, you have well earned it, go on i dare you, treat yourself to something really different and cute that you would not normally wear, and i look forward to seeing your pics. keep at it, i promise i will endeavour to get back on track and do it to, nothing would give me more pleasure than to head up a thread, I HAVE DONE IT AT LAST, and post pics too. cheers.:love:

cyber-sibes
05-28-2008, 07:02 PM
:D Congratulations on your perseverance - the result is wonderful! (That's YOU, Deb!)

carole
05-28-2008, 09:57 PM
oh my gosh debbie i missed the pictures first time i posted, i am so in awe of you, YOU look fantastic, what a great job you have done, you have lost so much weight,WELL DONE, now go and treat yourself, you can wear anything, you look fabulous.:love:

sirrahbed
09-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Checking in here again! Amazingly the weight is OFF! It took two years but it is off and I still can't appreciate it fully:) I am tempted to lose a few more to round it to an even 100 but think I should resist that. I am still round but good enough.

When I first started recording my foods, I did it at a site called dailyplate and attended ww for a time. Anyway - I was looking back over at the info questions from when I started and there is a section where you write down golas. One thing I wrote is that I wanted to play with my grandchildren. It occured to me that now I have!! This week was my birthday and we went to a local shopping area that has a nice grassy fountain area and it amazed me that I was able to play. I swung my granddaughters around the way I used to like when I was little. Then, my oldest son put me up on his shoulders!!:eek: I don't think I have been up on shoulders since I was a little girl - maybe never I am not sure. Anyway, it was nice:) I now have a few pictures of "Meemaw" playing!! I am so thrilled:D:D In fact I think my daughter-in-love took a pic of that will have to ask her.

There are benefits to losing that I will hopefully still see. I have always struggled with weight and hidden from pictures and behind big clothes. I still like my big clothes and tend to hide from pictures - but I know I really don't have to:)

Healthwise, I had hoped to keep my cholesterol under control better because I am kidney patient with moderate to higher CRF (related to childhood stuff) and some kidney stones last fall, but able to put off needing cholesterol medication for now. Still on blood pressure meds, increase dose in fact but that is also kidney related though hopefully the nutrition helps with that too. But I feel pretty good most of the time! It disappoints me that the weightloss has not improved those numbers - but then I have to wonder what would the numbers be if I did not try to get them better?

How is the weight control doing with some of you out there? I know that there are lots of us who have to work at it, fail and then get up and try again. I love reading both positive and struggle stories and so thankful I have a few of my own now. Please share will you? I still write everything down because I know I will probably always have to observe what I eat. Oh and I had CAKE this week - my very favorite bakery BIRTHDAY cake!! A big piece with extra icing too:D Lets hear from you as it helps me too. OK? :D

ok found a few pics hope you enjoy - Tyler sure did I think!

Cookiebaker
09-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Debbie, you look *perfect*! Congratulations, and you are such an inspiration to me! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-20-2008, 06:41 AM
That's so great Debbie. You look amazing!
I gained way too much weight while pregnant (and I wasn't exactly small to begin with). WW really helped me pull that pregnancy weight off!

cyber-sibes
09-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Congratulations - what a great goal to have set & achieved. You've probably added years to your life for enjoying those grankids!:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Wow, how impressive!!
I am going to WW too, and I am so happy to see that my weight finally dropped below 90 kg!(198 pounds); this is still far to heigh, but I am working on it :)! It will be so much better for my back & joints:)

sirrahbed
10-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Daughter Chris took some pictures this past birthday and I wanted to share this one new of me. I don't think I have EVER been on the shoulders of anyone before;) This is my oldest son. (The first was taken four years ago, same mom and son)

cyber-sibes
10-08-2008, 09:00 AM
You look fantastic! :D:D:D

caseysmom
10-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Daughter Chris took some pictures this past birthday and I wanted to share this one new of me. I don't think I have EVER been on the shoulders of anyone before;) This is my oldest son. (The first was taken four years ago, same mom and son)

You look great and think how much healthier you are...do you have a lot more energy? You are my inspiration!

jazzcat
10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
WOW WOW WOW Debbie! You look great!!!!! I am totally blow away with how much weight you've lost. Congratulations and you go girl!!!

moosmom
10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Debbie,

Wow girl, I am IMPRESSED!!!! I got on the scale and I'm down 13 lbs. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm having fun swimming and going to the gym. It's amusing to watch the much older guys trying to look like their in their 20's. And the noises they make while lifting weights is like something out of the wild.:rolleyes::p

I need to look perty at my niece's wedding next year.:p

carole
10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I am in awe of you both, well done girls, just shows you us older girls can still do it, now if only i could get around to it, lol,just cannot seem to get motivated, even though the dreaded summer is nearly upon us,i will keep trying.:):)

shepgirl
10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm not in WW but some of their recipes are so delicious that I make a lot of them - I'm actually trying to put on a few pounds.

carole
10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
yes shepgirl trouble with WW recipes are they are too darn delicious and you cannot stop at one serving,don't be telling us you want to put on a few pounds in this thread,you are liable to have a virtual book thrown at you, you know i am only kidding, sweetie i wish i could give you a few pounds of my own lol.:):D

moosmom
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a WW cookbook packed away somewhere. The best recipe is scallops with a little (very little) butter drizzled over them broiled and served over rice. I wish I could remember where the book is. Probably in a box somewhere in Michigan.

jennielynn1970
10-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Debbie, you, Lut and Donna are doing fantastic! You look amazing, and I don't think Lut ever looked heavy on her pics. Donna hasn't posted newer pics yet, so we're going to have to wait to see her (I think David will be waiting to see those pics as well ;)).

I'm such a weight loss flunkie. I could drink water for a month, and I'd probably still gain weight. :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
10-09-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm not in WW but some of their recipes are so delicious that I make a lot of them - I'm actually trying to put on a few pounds.

You sound like my mom. I can't believe I'm even her daughter. She's 5'10" tall and weighs a whopping 118lbs. She's really really skinny and has trouble gaining weight. :rolleyes: