PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #211 time to get away

RICHARD
05-09-2007, 04:13 PM
The hills are on fire,
The towns are flooding and
there are tornados and bad weather everywhere..

Let's go the the Bahamas?

-----------

Sun screen and the DOTD? Pina coladas!

Lady's Human
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Boat drinks

Barkeep I need two more boat drinks

then I'm headed south to my dream place (nightmare place, more like it)

everything seems to be wrong......

Killearn Kitties
05-09-2007, 05:58 PM
The Bahamas? How nice! I will take a Pina Colada while I pack my bag, thank you.

Edwina's Secretary
05-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Some of us are already waiting for the bartender to bring us our rum and cokes!

Where is that boy?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pb090424574ae4af4e6e93005b9cffa56/e99d0661.jpg

Don't forget the tiny unbrellas!

cassiesmom
05-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Sorry, I can't go. Could I please have coffee? No, wait - cafe au lait today.

slick
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh the Bahamas....I'm so there. My vacation starts on Friday at 6pm precisely. I'd better get packing and dig out my passport. Only sunblock for me.....I burn in about 15 min.

Sara, you and Debbie look parched!!!!! Hey bartender, get over there and fix those ladies a drink.

In the meantime, I'll take a DOTD in a frosty glass with a little umbrella please. Don't care about the content...just make it a strong one. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I'd love to go but I have to wait on the bug guy to return my call from yesterday. We've had so much rain, I think critters are starting to look for an ARK! :D (do ants fly?)

A cherry vanilla coke and a juicy cheeseburger please!!! :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Oh yeah, Cheeseburger in Paradise, absolutely. Barkeep I'd like a strawberry daquiri please. mmmmm, I have some spf 50 sunblock if anyone needs any. Where's my sun hat and sunglasses.

lbaker
05-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Purrfect day for a slushie.. and what the heck, toss a silly bumbershoot in the glass too! Wee bit early for that cheeseburger in Paradise but let's think ahead. Uh oh, hurricane season starts in two weeks so let's get this show on the road :cool:

smokey the elder
05-10-2007, 10:07 AM
It looks like a mojito kind of day. At Disney I had raspberry ones; you take the standard mojito prep and mix it with pureed raspberries and whole ones. Yum!

DrKym
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I would like a double of anything, can't go to the Bahamas but I will babysit Mario.....

Pawsitive Thinking
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I would like a double of anything, can't go to the Bahamas but I will babysit Mario.....

Have this one on me!

gini
05-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Bahama Pajama - I have no idea what that means but it sounds fun!

Those two lovely ladies are still waiting for their rum and cokes? Barkeep, get busy you have drink orders galore! I'll help serve.

LH - we will be tracking you - and wish you great luck.

A juicy cheeseburger? I'll stop by at lunch for that.

lvpets2002
05-10-2007, 12:16 PM
;) Alright the Bahamas how fun.. Mario Lady's Human said Barkeep for boat drinks && not for you to Bark at the Boat Drinks.. Have you and that Cinco de Myo dog already gotten started on the drinks :rolleyes: :p .. Richard no more drinks for Mario for now && please could I have a LIT floated on the boat over.. Also lets get the TiKi skirt out for Mario ok.. :D
Boat drinks

RedHedd
05-10-2007, 01:56 PM
What the heck, I may as well join in the fun. A boat drink with double umbrellas and a cheeseburger sounds perfect right about now - it's lunchtime!

Lady's Human
05-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay, Barkeep.

How about a redux of the 10 white russians?

I went to work this morning, walked in, and the supervisor was waiting for me at the timeclock with a work order for a machine that had gone down the night prior. Then I helped someone on another machine, and finally, after three hours, got to my own work for the day. (I'd love to be anonymous, but it's just not in the cards)

Then I left, went to the dentist, and they finished a root canal. While at the office, they had a power outage, and I had to help their office staff restart their network..........so I could get my BILL! (I should have asked for a rebate due to technical support assistance)

On second thought, let me do this the easy way:

One tequila

two tequila

three tequila

FLOOR!!!!! :p

Killearn Kitties
05-10-2007, 04:44 PM
:D :D What a day you had LH! Hope the dentist gave you a discount.

My day has been very uneventful, leaving me more time to enjoy partying in the Bahamas.

slick
05-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Huh??? What???? **rubs eyes**

Oh my gosh, the sun is so warm that I fell asleep in my lounge chair. How long have I been "out"???? Hope I wasn't snoring. :o :o

Dr. G...so sorry for your loss. :(

Boy, an afternoon nap can leave you parched. I'll take an ice cold beer in a frosty glass please. Can someone help me pick up LH?? :D

Dorothy39
05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh, Lord knows I need a Vacation~ :o Yes Sir Ree I am So There~ :cool:

Ahhhh, That's the Ticket~~~~ (Leans back and admires the Sunset)

Yeah, I'll take an Ice Cold Beer too, and you can slap a cute Umbrella in it!!

:D

Lady's Human
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
What in hell I guess Takillya and novacaine don't mix well.

Thanks for the hand, slick. my head feels like someone hit me in the head with a gold brick wrapped in lime.

A beer with an umbrella in it?

That's wrong in sooooooooooo many ways, but what the heck, It's Thursday.

DONE! (quietly)

cassiesmom
05-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Wait, wait LH - if you're putting little umbrellas into drinks that don't usually get them, I'll have another cafe au lait. WITH an umbrella.

Lady's Human
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM
One Umbrella-laden cafe au lait. :confused:

DONE!

Okay, what's Mario been putting into the water around here? :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
05-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Still waiting....and getting rather warm....guess we will go sit under that palm tree.....

Lady's Human
05-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Mario, bring the Ladies their Rum and Cokes, willya?

(And no drinking them on the way over. )

Did anyone check the L+F for the barkeep? Heck, I'm still waiting for my white russians.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Gosh, first time in weeks I've visited Thursdays and by golly it looks like I'm already here! :eek:

Durn cabana boy never did show up that day.....or the day after.....or the day after that....no wonder we're both parched, Sara!

Slick....what's that funny tan line you have? Gotta be careful when you fall asleep in the sun lke that. ;)

Slushie with a 'brella sounds extremely wonderful to me if that durn cabana boy ever shows up!

Oh, and we're now in the Denver area for about a week. Just spent 3 days in motorhome repair hell, but everything is working better than ever now and we're back to our permanent vacation. So.....bring on the slushies!!! (and hopefully they're on sale these days because the pocket book needs a little break after all the repairs :rolleyes: )

Oh, and one more Oh. I guess I'll have to update my siggy and avatar one of these days so Robin doesn't start feeling left out. Daddy's little nut case. :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Oh, and we're now in the Denver area for about a week.
Just spent 3 days in motorhome repair hell,
but everything is working better than ever now
and we're back to our permanent vacation.

Psssst!

Are you planning on FINDLAY for the 27th of MAY, this year???

;)

RICHARD
05-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Boat drinks

Two drinks and godspeed!

DONe!

KK,
One Pc and loaded bag!

DONE!

T&p and ES...

One giant PC and two straws?

DONE!

CM,
It's virtual travel!

Cafe au lait?

DONE!

Slick,

SPF 400
and a triple DOTD!
DONE!

MOFF

CVC and a greasy sheeseburger on onion roll!
DONE!

STE,
Raspberry Mijito ?

Sounds good to me!
DONE!

Dr g and BM,

Double PC for your table!

DONE!

Ms,. G

Done for the ladies and a juicy CB for you!
DONE!

LP, YOU tell Matio 'no drinks for him!'

ONe LIT and a grass skirt!
DONE!

Redd

ONE CB and a Double umbrella!
DONE

LH,

LOLOLOL, sorry but you should have boogied, All bills will catch up, eventually!

ONE, TWo THREE.....FLOOR!

Hey while you are down there you wanna look at the ice maker? :eek:

NOT!

DONE?

D39,

All the umbrellas uou can take!

DONE!

I have been working..Today I drove about 220 miles...i is tired.

see ya'll in the morning!

Killearn Kitties
05-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Oh there you are!

Working?? hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - how awful! That is best avoided.

lbaker
05-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Where is the music?? This weird computer music station I listen to is great.. dear little Mario, today they featured Elvis Costello singing "Monkey to Man" followed by Rufus Thomas doing "Can Your Monkey Do The Dog" followed by Arrogant Worms singing "The Monkey Song". See? I told you this was a strange and wonderful station!! Happy Mothers Day all you Mothers (Of Invention?) :rolleyes: ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Hey what does a girl have to do to get a drink around here! I ordered a strawberry daquiri and not only was I ignored by my own LH but the barkeep skipped over me as well! Geez, maybe this strawberry shortcake will help me get a drink. Don't worry I left enough strawberries for you Mario and my daquiri.

lvpets2002
05-11-2007, 09:37 AM
:p Mario what the heck are you drinking now?? Is that a can of !!!!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/2788011443.jpg
Stop squashing the strawberries with your feet.. We just now got your feet clean from last weeks alvacadas.. :rolleyes: Lady's Human said the strawberries were for the daquiris.. :D

Lady's Human
05-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Strawberry shortcake?

One daquiri coming right up! :p Make that 4 or 5, you get to spend the next 2 weeks with Axelno.

slick
05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I need a drink....make it a double....no wait, a triple. Gotta chase away these blues :(

Lady's Human
05-11-2007, 02:42 PM
A triple what?

When you decide, you got it!

slick
05-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I really don't care at this point. How about I just lean back and open my mouth. You grab the nearest open bottle of whatever and pour it in. :eek: Then you can show me the way to the nearest beach blanket.

Sheesh.....my only friends live here....why can't I remember that???? :(

Lady's Human
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
One shot of (let's see here.....) tequila coming right at ya!

Orc, can you show the lady to the blanket by the surf? Thanks, I'm sure she appreciates the hand.

MARIO!!!! Put down the remote while he's helping Slick!

Next person to get the remote from Mario hide the batteries please, willya? Orc's starting to twitch again.

lbaker
05-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Want me to sit next to you Slickster? I'll even rub your feet if you want. We can build a drippy castle down by the water :cool: Does anyone remember where I can find the Pet Talkers Map? Couldn't find it with a search. I may be going to another Science meeting next month and of course want to find any Pet Talkers nearby ;)

gini
05-11-2007, 03:29 PM
http://www.frappr.com/ptersacrosstheworld

Here ya go - Miz World Traveler.

Hey, I'll sit with Slick for awhile. Oh good grief, she is already sound asleep on that beach towel. Well when the waves wash up that will wake her up.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Could I have a root beer float? Allergies are acting up big time. My sore throat needs something cold and soothing. AAACHOOOO!!!

Darn another sneeze like that and I'll need to borrow one of Mario's diapers! :D

lbaker
05-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey Gini!! *waves* take care of Slick please, I'm about to have a bite of whatever food we're serving. But I don't see any :eek: Let me make something quick and easy so we can nibble.. hmmm. A grilled cheese with tomato and bacon? Or some of that special cassarp;;e /// oops.. fingers just did a weird thing on the keyboard :o You know. Mary and I PROMISE to dice, not chop the onions ;) I love how we watch out for each other :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2007, 08:59 PM
A grilled cheese with tomato and bacon?

PROMISE to dice, not chop the onions ;)

So, uhhhh, there's a difference between a DICE and a CHOP?? :confused:

Either way (diced or chopped) - do ONIONS fit on a grilled cheese sammich??

/s/ Puzzled :p

lbaker
05-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Let me splain about the onions Phred. They are for the potatoe cassarole thing that Gini made for the 4th Annual BBQ in LA, not for the sammiches. She asked Mary and me (mruffruff?) to chop up some onions... when we did she (Gini) said something about wanting them cut up smaller. Mary & I looked at each other and Mary muttered "well if she wanted them diced not chopped she should have said so". We broke up laughing. I guess it was one of those - you had to be there - moments :p ;) Mind you Mary had arrived the night before about 3 in the morning from the plane ride from "H E double hockey sticks" and we were all a bit woozy :rolleyes: Best potatoe cassarole I've ever tasted by the way, ask her for the recipe ~

slick
05-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes Phred, you just had to be there.....keep in mind that when you get certain Pet Talkers together in the same kitchen all they have to do is look at each other in order for the laughter to break out!!! :D Diced....my word!!!

Good morning everyone!! It's a busy weekend for me so I'm off and running again. Weather is superb up here and my patio plants are thriving. Laurie, I'll take one of them there "girled" cheeze sammies to go please! Oh yes, and since this is a bar, I could use a mimosa too!

I'll check in later.

Karen
05-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Okay, I just have to say that every time I see the title of this thread, the song "Tainted Love" (the cover version by Soft Cell, I think) "I've got to .. run away .. I've got to .. get away " starts running through my head.

All right, I'll take a decadent grilled cheese with bacon, thanks, Laurie ...

Okay, Lady, you can have a little piece, stop looking at me like that!

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Ooo good song, Karen. I miss the juke box in here. I think it broke; do you think LH might be able to take a look at it?

Grilled cheese and bacon sounds just perfect thanks! I don't think I have had that since we made it in school *&%%$^ years ago!

Dorothy39
05-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Gosh, Grilled Cheese and Bacon sure sounds good to me too!!! :p Yummy, Yummy.

I've had this song in my head for weeks, and it makes me think of Pet Talk~

The Very thought of you~~~~~ and I forget to do~~~~~ the little ordinary things that everyone ought to do~ :cool:

gee, this Grilled Cheese Sammie sure tastes good!!

Cinder & Smoke
05-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Let me splain about the onions, Phred...

asked to chop up some onions ...
when we did she (Gini) said something about wanting them cut up smaller.

... "well if she wanted them diced not chopped she should have said so".

:o
I nebber knew dat ...

So "diced" is SMALLER than "chopped", huh?

Lemmie write that down ...

:D

lbaker
05-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay, I just have to say that every time I see the title of this thread, the song "Tainted Love" (the cover version by Soft Cell, I think) "I've got to .. run away .. I've got to .. get away " starts running through my head.

All right, I'll take a decadent grilled cheese with bacon, thanks, Laurie ...

Okay, Lady, you can have a little piece, stop looking at me like that!

I was thinking of Lenny Kravitz doing that song! MUSIC MUSIC... don't ya just love it!! Kick the juke box KK, might get it going again (works for me often :rolleyes: ). But don't kick too hard, don't want to wake up Lady and Mario (they look so cute snuggled up together) ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Ooo good song, Karen. I miss the juke box in here. I think it broke; do you think LH might be able to take a look at it?

You'd have to wait til he get's to Oklahoma and get's set up in his room, but I'll pass the request on to him when I talk to him next.

RICHARD
05-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I have to make this fast....

I finally figured out my computer problems...
Once the modem heats up it goes to pot! For the last week I have been able to get online and after 20 minutes or so, ALL the lights on the modem start to blink and I can't get on again.....I fired it up this morning-it's been really cool and voila....

It also helps when you have a cat to help you troubleshoot!

Can I give a 'community done!' for the meantime?

davidpizzica
05-13-2007, 04:01 PM
RICHARD, I guess I took the title of this thursdays too literally last week! I got away to the hospital! I have the details in a thread in General, but now I have an irregular heartbeat. Could I have the biggest slushie you can make? I need to get back to speed both in RL and on thursdays!

RICHARD
05-13-2007, 04:31 PM
RICHARD, I guess I took the title of this thursdays too literally last week! I got away to the hospital! I have the details in a thread in General, but now I have an irregular heartbeat. Could I have the biggest slushie you can make? I need to get back to speed both in RL and on thursdays!
DONE!

get better, OK?

davidpizzica
05-13-2007, 04:40 PM
RICHARD, I'm going to do what the doctor says and get through this latest roadblock. Besides you'll need me for back-up bartender duty!

lizbud
05-13-2007, 06:25 PM
I have to make this fast....

I finally figured out my computer problems...
Once the modem heats up it goes to pot! For the last week I have been able to get online and after 20 minutes or so, ALL the lights on the modem start to blink and I can't get on again.....I fired it up this morning-it's been really cool and voila....

It also helps when you have a cat to help you troubleshoot!

Richard, most modems have a reset spot on the back of it.Ever try that
when it acts funky?

Lady's Human
05-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Richard, if it quits working from overheating it probably has a flawed board. I'd call the ISP and get a new one.

Jukebox repairs? How'd I get roped into this one?

David, there's a 500 gallon slushie waiting for ya out back. You might want to make sure Mario's not swimming in it before you take a drink.

RICHARD
05-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Richard, most modems have a reset spot on the back of it.Ever try that
when it acts funky?

This one is the "volks" model....nothing fancy!

I have to unplug it wait and then plug it back in!

LH.

For the last week the 'good' lights flicker then they all go on steadily and
fade in and out.

David.

No Mario ahoy!

Sip On!

Karen,

LOLOLOLOL,
I was surfing the TV and stopped at VH1...They were counting down the One Hit wonder songs....The Number two or three song was.........

That's right! :D

Lady's Human
05-14-2007, 10:59 AM
BTW, guys, I traded in the Stainless Steel Seement mixer we had for slushies and got a new one. we won't have any issues with a lack of slushies now. The electric bill for the 10 hp mixer motor might be an issue, but we have slushies!

lbaker
05-14-2007, 11:33 AM
It's a good thing we installed those solar panals up on Marios roof last year!! Electric bills?? We don't need no stinkin 'lectric bills :cool: So let's break in that seement mixer (go put-y-put-y) and start a-mixing ;)

RICHARD
05-14-2007, 03:11 PM
The ultimate difference between dice and chop.

You dice veggies, chop off fingers?

One extra large seement slushie tank?

Filled!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Went to the dr today. Thanks to all the rotten rainy weather; I have bronchitis. So, hot tea with honey for me. Please? :)

RICHARD
05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Went to the dr today. Thanks to all the rotten rainy weather; I have bronchitis. So, hot tea with honey for me. Please? :)

Hot tea and honey?

DONE!

Come on, let's put a blanket out on the sand and enjoy one more day of the beach? :D

davidpizzica
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll go along with THAT, RICHARD! I can use a lot of relaxation after what me and my body has gone through.

gini
05-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey everyone, bang those pots and pans - let's make a racket - it is Lady's Human's birthday.

Now I am going to bake him a cake -wonder what kind he would like?

And let's decorate this place - oh oh, Mario, you already have, haven't you?

cassiesmom
05-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Is Thursday's open yet? I would like a strong coffee, please. So much sadness on Pet Talk these days. I need some fortification.

Karen
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey everyone, bang those pots and pans - let's make a racket - it is Lady's Human's birthday.

Gini, you make a chocolate cake, and I'll get started on a coffee ring - traditional birthday fare for either of my brothers ... and maybe we can move this party to Thursdays 212 when it opens ...

Edwina's Secretary
05-16-2007, 11:01 AM

Do you know how to make one of the red ribbon cakes? The kind they have at southern weddings?..... :D :D ;) :rolleyes: ;)

davidpizzica
05-16-2007, 11:13 AM

Gini, I'll have Orc bang on a huge kettle. That'll make noise!! A new job for Mario. Interior decorator!

Killearn Kitties
05-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I think LH would like some whisky cake too! I hope he managed to fix that juke box, otherwise we will all have to sing to him! :eek:

cassiesmom
05-16-2007, 04:17 PM
#212 now open http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=127304