PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for breakfast?

sirrahbed
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Since I love the dinner thread - I thought it might be fun to share some breakfasts too :) Breakfast tends to get old since we almost always eat oatmeal (trying to keep cholesterol down) I try to make it intersting by adding dried fruits and a few nuts. My favorite combo is walnut and dates.

This morning - I fixed a pretty high :o cholesterol breakfast but it sure was yummy!! I soft scrambled eggs in some margarine and then added some sharp cheddar at the last minute. We were out of bread but I think this would have been terrific served with a soft tortilla.

I think the Sirrahs enjoy food :D

cloverfdx
05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
It is currently 2.30am and i am hungry so i am thinking about having breakfast now LOL. It will probably be toast or porrige (cooked oats), milk and brown sugar..yum.

Jamieejo85
05-09-2007, 11:40 AM
peaches and cream oatmeal, banana, and skim milk hmm it was so good.. :)

Sirrahsim
05-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I made homemade cinnamon rolls this morning. They are SO easy to make out of a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls!

elizabethann
05-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Those are all very impressive breakfasts. I feel very guilty and bad. I had 3 jaw breakers for breakfast.

I don't normally eat jaw breakers for breakfast but that's all I had at home (haven't gone grocery shopping) and I didn't feel like stopping.

:(

If anybody has ideas on quick & healthy breakfasts, that would be great!

king2005
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't eat breakfast 99% of the time.

Taz_Zoee
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
This morning I had a plain bagel with fat free cream cheese. (boring, I know)
Usually I have oatmeal and put (too much) butter and brown sugar in it. LOL

Husky_mom
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't eat breakfast 99% of the time.

same here LOL.....

when I do itīs weird...... most times I have a quesadilla which is a tortilla and cheese (if you heard anything else itīs not, it SHOULD be just cheese), I can also have the same but in bread LOL.....

another *tasty* is a tortilla with these meat (not sure how you call it) but itīs like in strands (hair like thick) and then with some (red "chile", not like chilli beans another type of spice) then some beans (spreaded) and cheese.....*yuuuummy*

I can ocassionally have hotcakes, but without syrup (yeah iīm weird) but mostly on weekends (whe i have more time)

I donīt do cereal as I donīt do milk...... I can eat it without but not so appealing.....
I donīt do eggs as Iīm allergic.......

Iīm a little cutdown on options thatīs why I almost never breakfast.... :rolleyes:

Husky_mom
05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
This morning I had a plain bagel with fat free cream cheese. (boring, I know)

BORING??!!...... what do you mean I LOOOOOOVE BAGELS........ adn that creamy cheese........*drools*......... now you made me hungry!! :D

Whisk_Luva
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Dont tell Jade (-Pickle-) about the cream cheese bagel.... she LOVES them! :D

I have pain au chocolat for breakfast most days :D

Glacier
05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Eating when I first get up makes me nauseous. I take a bagel to work with me and usually eat about 9am. Today I had peanut butter on it.

When I was kid, I hated breakfast. My Mom insisted we eat something before we went to school and for a long time my Mom was hospitalized and Dad cooked for us. As a result, I don't associate "normal" breakfast food with that meal. When Dad was cooking we often at eggs, pancakes ect for dinner. Mom would make me anything I wanted as long as I ate before school...So I think pizza, kraft dinner ect is breakfast food!

Maresche
05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
On weekdays, we have english muffins, bagels or some other treat I can make the night before.

On weekends I get a little more creative. Pancakes, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, crepes (they are NOT difficult but do take practice), waffles, things that take more time but are always yummy.

Mimi has developed a taste for eggs so I make them fairly often on weekends in attempts to fatten her up a bit.

petslover
05-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Since I have the day off, I ate CoCo Pebbles! haha.

k9krazee
05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I had a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Mmmm

Kfamr
05-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I made scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes today. :)

buckner
05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I had a banana with peanut butter and a bowl of Lucky Charms.. yummo.

PJ's Mom
05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I had a cucumber. :rolleyes:

slick
05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Eating when I first get up makes me nauseous. Same here. Even on weekends, I have to be up for at least a couple of hours before eating anything.

On weekdays I don't eat breakfast at all. Depending on what I'm doing on the weekend I might have a scrambled egg on toast or if I'm on the run, I won't eat anything until Noon'ish or so.

I don't do cold or hot cereal. Pancakes rarely.....

carole
05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I always have the same breakfast every day, 30grms of cereal with low fat milk, i vary what i have, at the moment i am having weetbix ,but it is often wwatchers cereal,Tropicana.

Slick do you know when i was younger i never ate breakfast, like in my twenties, as i felt just like you do nauseous, honestly it is just habit and what your body gets used to , it takes a while for the adjustment, but now i could never ever go without brekky, i believe it is the most important meal of the day, after all i compare it to your car that needs gas to get it going, a healthy brekky, clears the brain, gets the body up and going,now just wish i could get my hubby to eat it lol. :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I would be very happy to eat breakfast every day...and that holds me for just about the whole day! I love breakfast and most breakfast goods. Eggs, bacon, pancakes (also without syrup), cereal....

However, most days I have a bagel with cheddar cheese melted on it.

Today I had macaroni and cheese with bacon in it.

Sirrahsim
05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Just wanted to add that pancakes are my weakness!! I make pancakes at least a few times a week and keep a good stash in the freezer for when I don't feel like cooking them. I almost always make half a batch of regular pancakes and the other half of chocolate chip pancakes. I'm the only one who likes chocolate chip pancakes so that works out GREAT for me :D

lute
05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
This morning I made a grilled cheese. I normally put bacon on it, but we were out.

I normally don't stop to eat. I usually get up and start taking care of the animals. I don't eat breakfest until about 2pm when the tattoo shop opens and I take a breather.

Glacier
05-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't do cold or hot cereal. Pancakes rarely.....

Cold ceral is not a breakfast food. It's a bedtime snack! At least that's what my Dad taught me. I have many fond memories of talks with my Dad at 9pm over a bowl of Cornflakes! :D

Daisy and Delilah
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Kashi cereal with fresh strawberries and banana :)

petslover
05-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I am different. I have to eat breakfast. If I don't I will be sick the entire day.

luvofallhorses
05-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I always have cereal for breakfast or a bagel with cream cheese. :) sometimes bacon. it depends on my mood, really. Cocoa wheats (hot cereal) are good, too. :D I usually put milk, syrup, and lots of sugar in them :o

BC_MoM
05-09-2007, 10:28 PM
MMMMMM... Multigrain bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam! MY FAVOURITE.

dogzr#1
05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
I HAVE to eat breakfast or the entire day *up till Lunch that is* I will feel sick. I normally eat many meals a day (around 6) so skipping one for me takes quite a big toll...

Since I have school in the morning, I normally eat something quick and easy. Today I had waffles; the ones you just plop in the toaster that is. Most of the time I'll have whatever cereal there is. I also enjoy eating oatmeal with cinnamon and lots of brown sugar...mmmm.

sirrahbed
05-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Oatmeal again :D Today I added brown sugar, pecans and raisins so it was a nice filling and yummy meal. I used to have instant but have now gone to the quicking (3 minute) stovetop variety and like that so much better because it is more chewy and I like the texture. Oh and I now want to try the brown sugar and cinnamon after reading it here. hmmmm bet some fresh or dried apple would be good in that, too.

Hubby and I are on Weight Watchers so that breakfast uses up a good amount of the daily points - but we only eat twice a day most days :)

It is interesting to read that many of you feel nauseated when eating quickly after getting up...I am the opposite and wake feeling so empty that I feel sick if I don't eat within the first hour or so.

Sirrahsim
05-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I pulled a loaf of Banana Bread out of the freezer a couple of days ago and had that this morning :D It was SO good :) I always make two loaves when I make banana bread but this is the first time I have frozen and later defrosted a loaf. It wasn't quite as wonderful as when it was first made but a few seconds in the microwave and a smear of butter and it was ALMOST as good :)

critter crazy
05-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Breakfast makes me Nauseous!! I cant eat first thing in the morning, Usually around 10-11 am I have a bowl of cereal, usually Honey Bunches of Oats, or I have toast. But most day, I dont eat breakfast, and just have lunch.

Cookiebaker
05-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I have oatmeal every morning. (It's because it is supposed to be a good breastmilk booster!! :o ) I hated it at first, but now I enjoy it. I use one package of the pre-made stuff (like blueberries & cream, cinnamon & spice etc etc) and then add about 1/2 a cup of instant regular. Then I pour boiling water over it, and add some raisins and milk. Yumm!!

Sirrahsim
05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I have oatmeal every morning. (It's because it is supposed to be a good breastmilk booster!! :o )

It WORKS!! Seriously the difference is crazy if you skip a few days :p :p

slleipnir
05-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Sometimes I make eggs, bacon and toast. Most of the time I just have toast (sometimes toast and scambled) or nothing. If I'm working late shifts then I usually sleep through bfast :o

carole
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
The one thing i loved about my visit to america was being able to get pancakes for breakfast, it is more a dessert here in NZ, although now you probably can purchase them for brekky, because we have a lot of all day brekky cafes now, i must admit i have a real craving right now for them, and i saw sugar free maple syrup the other day in the supermarket, they are my favourite dessert for sure, but i can eat them any time of the day. :)

Sirrahbed i am like you feel sick if i don't eat breakfast, honestly i strongly believe it is just what you get your body used to,it reacts differently, if you are used to eating it, it desires it and if you are not makes you feel sick if you do.

If i did not eat brekky i would feel lightheaded and get a headache, have done it by accident once or twice ,being really busy and going out shopping and realised oops forgot my brekky, but my body soons tell me so. LOL :)

Rachel
05-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Breakfast tends to get old since we almost always eat oatmeal (trying to keep cholesterol down) I try to make it intersting by adding dried fruits and a few nuts. My favorite combo is walnut and dates.
:D

I often have oatmeal for breakfast and my favorite addition is dried cherries and sprinkled with cinnamon which is supposed to be good for the cholesterol too.

We have breakfast out on Saturday (frequently) and I just finished the most delicious vegetarian omelet, with lots of mushrooms, spinach, green pepper, tomato, onion and just a sprinkle of feta cheese. Had an English muffin and some fruit too. It was soooo good.

wolfsoul
05-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I try to have something different for breakfast every day. Cereal is the greatest food in existence but fo the past few months I've been eating healthy which means I only get the organic puffed grains cereal with no sugars or sweeteneers -- I just add some sliced banana and it tastes quite good.

Right now I'm having some Amy's Organic No-Cheese Vegetable pizza and some Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai Green Tea Soy Milk.

lisalee
05-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I just love breakfast! I never miss having my breakfast, which usually consists of a bagel with butter and jelly, sometimes I'll have waffles or pancakes. Today it was Rice Krispie Treats cereal with a bagel. When I have breakfast out I love cheese omelets and hasbrowns. Once a week I treat myself to an egg and cheese sandwich on a muffin, mcgriddle or bagel at McD's or Dunkin Donuts. Yum! :D

Kalei
05-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I never eat breakfast, although I know I should and that it is suppose to be the best meal of the day, I just never feel like I have time to get anything in the morning, but if anyone has any ideas to make a breakfast for yummy I may try it:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-13-2007, 10:43 AM
2 slices of bread with minarine, some chocolate paste, and a glass of homemade orangejuice

ChrisH
05-14-2007, 04:09 AM
6 days a week I have cereal (current one is oat clusters, maple syrup & pecans - yum!) but Sunday we, my grandaughter & I, have to have a bacon and egg toastie/sandwich each - two pieces of bread toasted on just one side with bacon & egg in-between, it's become a kind of tradition. :D

Randi
12-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Chris, is that the "Jordans four combo" you have? I'm SO envious! I brought some packages back from England, and when I had emptied them, took them to a few select supermarkets, begging them to get these. Still can't get them, not even in the British shop! I'm seriously thinking of writing to Jordans to ask them to introduce them here - I' even open a shop and sell them! :p

I can't imagine anyone having breakfast without a kind of cereal to begin with - or fruit if it's summer.

I do enjoy a full English breakfast though, if someone will serve it for me - or if I have time to make it. ;)

mustlovedogs
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I made cinnamon rolls this morning! mmm....one of my favorite breakfasts. :)
My mom and I made homemade ones once. They are SOOOOOO yummy. Way better than the store-bought kind!

joycenalex
12-06-2008, 05:34 PM
i plan the menus for a week at a time ( i'm thrifty....okay tight :D). sunday b-fast is the big one here, tomorrow we'll have cinnamon pumpkin pancakes and low salt bacon and orange juice. the rest of the week is oatmeal or yogurt & fiber bars and coffee. i get up at 5:30ish, drink 2 mugs of strong coffee between wake up and 7 when i leave for work. my 'lunch pail' often has yogurt, fruit for b-fast and lunch stuff for the lunch break. my boss isn't difficult about us eating between patients, so i often have b-fast foods between 8 and 9 am.

sirrahbed
12-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Fun to see this thread pop back up - this YEAR I think I have had the same b'fast every single day. Last year was oatmeal and this year has been Kashi GoLean, a banana and a carton of Boston Cream Pie yogurt. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE this combo and it fills me up until dinner:)

Suki Wingy
12-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I am different. I have to eat breakfast. If I don't I will be sick the entire day.

I am the same way. The first thing I want to do after getting out of bed is eat something. Today it was garden veggie flavour Sunchips.

When I have to go to school it's usually Mountain Dew and and a poptart.

jennielynn1970
12-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Yesterday and today I wanted comfort food, so I made home made Creamed Chipped Beef on toast. I know what some people call it (S.O.S.), but it's one of my favorite comfort foods, plus I make it pretty good, and it doesn't taste bad or funny, lol. Sometimes the diners around here tend to put chicken stock in the base adn that just ruins the dish all together.

Still have one more packet of dried beef, so I think I'll save that to make next weekend.

Casper
12-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Breakfast is the most important meal for me. It is the only big meal of the day and is always chocked full of fresh veggies and such.

Yesterday I had a meatless chikn burger with broccoli, rice, steamed corn, zucchini bread, and sweet potato pie. (Usually I don't have sweets in the morning but I couldn't help myself.... it was calling my name.) As for my liquid consumption I had goat milk as always.

Today I had Ethiopian Ful. I couldn't find the right kind of bread I wanted in the house so I settled for eating it with yeast rolls. On the side I had part of a sliced orange bell pepper and baby carrots. :)

chocolatepuppy
12-07-2008, 09:07 AM
I had hot cocoa and marshmallows with toast. I usually eat that every day it snows. ;)

jennielynn1970
12-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Yesterday I had a meatless chikn burger with broccoli, rice, steamed corn, zucchini bread, and sweet potato pie. (Usually I don't have sweets in the morning but I couldn't help myself.... it was calling my name.) As for my liquid consumption I had goat milk as always.

Today I had Ethiopian Ful. I couldn't find the right kind of bread I wanted in the house so I settled for eating it with yeast rolls. On the side I had part of a sliced orange bell pepper and baby carrots. :)

Sounds like you enjoy savory stuff for breakfast! It does sound yummy, that's for sure! I checked out the Ethiopian Ful, and that sounds really yummy, although I'd probably eat it for lunch. Do you make your own, or do you buy it locally? We have really good local ethnic foods around here, so many of the Syrian, Egyptian, Arabic food I get is from local markets. If I want African or Caribbean foods, I go to Philadelphia for them. We need more of that in my area!

carole
12-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Same thing every day, two healthy weetbix with a sliced banana and low fat milk, and cup of black de caffinated Bell Tea.

Suki Wingy, you should try and eat a more healthier brekky, you young uns need good nutrition so you can live to a ripe old age lol.:) Chips,poptarts and soft drinks :(Sorry hun just the mother coming out in me.:love:

Suki Wingy
12-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, that is something I need to work on. I eat junk food and drink way too much pop. I do have eggs every once and a while and I have nice home grown food when my dad and step-mom have me for dinner because they have a huge garden full or fruits and veggies.

Now, I'm very, very bad at waking up in the morning, and so I just got up out of bed (2 pm) :o I was stupid and went to bed about 3:30 am. I think I'll take a shower and then go to Panera and have some creamy tomato soup and bring a book.

RipplingWaves55
12-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't like eating things IMMEDIATELY, about maybe a hour or 30 minutes after I get up. Today I had scrambled eggs & toast spread with honey. I usually have toast spread with honey & sausages with eggs in the morning but today it was different.

Casper
12-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Do you make your own, or do you buy it locally? We have really good local ethnic foods around here, so many of the Syrian, Egyptian, Arabic food I get is from local markets. If I want African or Caribbean foods, I go to Philadelphia for them. We need more of that in my area!

It really is yummy! I made it myself. :) Unfortunately the town I live in has next to nothing in it. If I want a particular type of produce it isn't unusual for me to have to drive an hour away to a larger city in an attempt to find it. I would love to live somewhere where I could get my hands on more ethnic foods; I love trying new things!