View Full Version : O J Bounced

lizbud
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
This gave me a smile. :D

O.J. Booted From Restaurant Before Derby
Simpson Attorney Alleges Racism

POSTED: 8:06 am EDT May 9, 2007
UPDATED: 11:12 am EDT May 9, 2007

CINCINNATI -- Jeff Ruby isn't shy around celebrities.

The restaurateur is known for cultivating friendships with the famous people who visit his steakhouses, a list that includes Kid Rock, Star Jones and Rick Pitino.

But on the eve of Saturday's Kentucky Derby, Ruby drew the line at the infamous when O.J. Simpson walked into his Louisville restaurant without a reservation.

"I just went over the to table (and) I looked at him and said, 'I'm not serving you,' and he just sat there and looked at me," Ruby said. "I said it again, I said, 'I'm not serving you.'"

Simpson, who was acquitted in criminal court in 1995 of the murder of his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman, has eaten at other Ruby steakhouses. In fact, his photo used to be on the wall at one of them.

"His picture was on the wall but I took it down because I believe he murdered those people," Ruby said. "He beheaded the wife, the mother of his children."

Ruby said Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer, was a good sport as he left the Louisville steakhouse, but his date started making a scene, saying it's a free country.

"After she got done, in my face with, 'It's a free country,' I said, 'Listen, you're blonde – if I was you, you better be careful. He might slit your throat,'" Ruby said. "Then she went into the not guilty verdict."

Ruby said patrons gave him a standing ovation after Simpson was booted.

"I was a linebacker in high school and college," Ruby said. "But I never tackled O.J. Simpson."

Ruby said he had no regrets.

"I felt good for the Goldmans and the Brown family," he said.

Ruby said that when Simpson left, Michael Jordan walked in with a party of 30 and took his table.

Simpson attorney Yale Galanter said the incident was about race, and he intends to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

JenBKR
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
woohoo way to go Ruby! Now can we boot him out of the country? :D

Edit: The idiot still thinks that everyone is against him because of a race issue....no....it's a murderer going free issue!

lizbud
05-09-2007, 10:58 AM
It's hardly racism. Michael Jordan was welcomed. :)

"Ruby said that when Simpson left, Michael Jordan walked in with a party of 30 and took his table."

gini
05-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Jeff Ruby should have asked him how the investigation into Nicole's death was coming along.

I believe he promised to find out who killed his wife and Ron Goldman right after the trial.

mugsy
05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
What a moron that lawyer is...OY!

He doesn't have a chance and just like Simpson, he's a lying blowhard.

lady_zana
05-09-2007, 12:16 PM
You all have said everything I was going to - I guess I need to post quicker :p

Seriously, he can sue all he wants too - Michael Jordan coming in afterwards and being served without a problem *proves* it wasn't racism that made the man ask him to leave.

Luvin Labs
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I'd have given him a standing ovation as well.

"race" my azz... especially with giving Jordan a seat.

It was a "we don't like rich famous people getting away with murder" issue.

ratdogg
05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
the main problem i had with that article is that Kid Rock, Star Jones and Rick Pitino were listed as celebrities.....In that case adam carolla, jimmy kimmel and sarah silverman are celebrities too!

elizabethann
05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I for one can't believe the race card is being played.

OJ, you're a murderer who got off scott free. That blonde is going out with you only because you're infamous and you probably have some money hidden away. Other than that, NOBODY LIKES YOU. Probably not even your own kids!

ratdogg
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
awww, c'mon now. OJ was a GREAT football player. He won the heisman in college and had a terrific professional career. He was even with the San Francisco 49ers for awhile! If you really want to be upset at someone, lets blame marcia clark and christopher darden for failing to successfully prosecute a slam dunk case.

edit:
ok, so this is my first day here and if i make a mistake or something just message me and let me know. thanks! :)

Pam
05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
If you really want to be upset at someone, lets blame marcia clark and christopher darden for failing to successfully prosecute a slam dunk case.

I couldn't disagree with you more. That case fell flat because the jurors were not happy that Mark Fuhrman used the *N* word. The whole trial was about race and celebrity.

Just reading anything about Simpson makes me mad. :mad: He is an arrogant murderer.

sparks19
05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I CAN believe it was made into a race issue.... and unfortunately, as ridiculous as it seems to the rest of us..... they probably have a good chance of winning this baloney case. If someone says it's a race issue.... then it must be... and they won't call it otherwise because they might offend someone.

I, however, find it pathetic that this kind of crap is clogging up our courts. Although I guess if people can sue for $65,000,000 for a pair of lost pants.... and a burn on the crotch from coffee that was *GASP* HOT.... you can sue for anything.... there is always a lawyer willing to take any case.

moosmom
05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
He did it, period. I think anyone that owns a restaurant has the right to turn people away. It's called freedom of speech. This guy was simply making a statement. He didn't want a murderer patronizing his establishment. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with racism and is not a matter of black vs white. It was a matter of a man brutally bludgeoning his wife to death.

Oh and, OJ can sue all he wants. Any winnings in a civil case goes directly into the funds for familities of murdered victims.

ratdogg
05-09-2007, 08:40 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more. That case fell flat because the jurors were not happy that Mark Fuhrman used the *N* word. The whole trial was about race and celebrity.

the case fell flat cause the jury was almost all black....black females. the prosecutors and defense work together to pick the jury members....the prosecution screwed up by picking black females....so again, EVERYONE knows OJ did it, but the incompetent prosecution is the only reason OJ was aquitted. period.

Catty1
05-09-2007, 09:12 PM
OK.

In the civil case, OJ was found "criminally responsible". That says he did it.

Him being found Not Guilty of First Degree Murder does not prove his innocence. In First Degree, you have to prove premeditation.

There are different ways to charge someone with murder. If he had been charged with Second Degree, or manslaughter, I believe they would have had a criminal conviction, as different standards are used in those charges.

He is guilty of killing them. He is not guilty of First Degree Murder.

PS - In spite of the civil case findings, he has not paid a penny to the Goldman or Brown families.

ratdogg
05-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I totally agree that he is a murderer. I don't like the guy at all as a human being, but he was a great football player. I think he should be in jail and I am glad the restaurant refused him service. I just HAD to play devil's advocate cause well.....I love football!

In a way I hope he sues cause the money would indeed go to the goldman's, but I hope that if the goldman's get money from this case they give it right back to the restaurant owner :)

Catty1
05-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, ratdogg1 - the last I read, OJ was refusing to pay any money to the Browns or Goldmans...kept tying it up in legal stuff. Unless he sues, and the restaurant owner wins, and gets money, and decides to send it to the families, that ain't gonna happen.

The restaurant owner shouldn't pay the families, anyway - OJ owes them! And he ain't paying up! :(

critter crazy
05-09-2007, 10:50 PM
OJ is a useless pile of dog doo! And a Murdere to Boot! http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/1.gif

ratdogg
05-09-2007, 10:52 PM
i was trying to say that if OJ sues and gets money the dinero comes from the restaurant owner. That money would then be sent to the goldmans. Since the restaurant owner was cool and disrespected OJ i really dont think the goldmans would want to accept money that came from the restaurant owner ...lets not forget the goldmans are rich.....it would be a slap in the face to OJ if the goldmans gave the money BACK to the restaurant owner....thats all i was trying to say.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Let's hope he accepts a lift from Paris Hilton very soon ;)

wombat2u2004
05-10-2007, 08:59 AM
OJ is a useless pile of dog doo! And a Murdere to Boot! http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/1.gif

LOLOL

smokey the elder
05-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Buried in the story is the fact he didn't have a reservation! A restaurant owner has the right to not admit people without reservations if the place is booked.