PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Dressage Video

Taz_Zoee
05-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry if this has already been posted. But I've never seen anything like this. It actually brought tears to my eyes while watching it (good tears). Not only is it a beautiful horse, but a very talented one!! :D
(I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, but I thought everyone would enjoy it.)

http://beboframe.com/FlashFrame.jsp?Size=S&FlashBoxId=3309347442

You must have sound to get the full effect.

gini
05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
You are absolutely right! What a performance! And yes, the beauty of it all brought tears to my eyes.

Miss Z
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I love watching that video. It's amazing how the horse performs that perfect passage at the end to the tune of Lady Marmalade, and the crowd joins in! I would love to be that good one day, but I'd have to work HARD. :p

Taz_Zoee
05-09-2007, 01:22 PM
OK, I have a question. While I was watching this I was thinking....How in the world do you train a horse to do this?? I mean, this looked like the rider wasn't doing a darn thing but sitting there. The horse looked like it was listening to the music and literally dancing!! :eek:
Does anyone know how horses are trained to do this?

Suki Wingy
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
If you watch the rider's legs, placement of his weight, arms, and whip.
I got goosebumps the first time I saw this and almost cried. Hors Blue Matine is such a gorgeous mare. I'd also love to do freestyle dressage some day (I can dream, can't I?) but for now I'm focusing on equitation and jumpers.

IrishSetterGurl
05-09-2007, 03:44 PM
OMG that horse was so amarzing I though I was going to cry lol!
The horse is so beautiful and Im very jealous.
They were perfect together and though is was so magical.

Taz_Zoee
05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
If you watch the rider's legs, placement of his weight, arms, and whip.
I got goosebumps the first time I saw this and almost cried. Hors Blue Matine is such a gorgeous mare. I'd also love to do freestyle dressage some day (I can dream, can't I?) but for now I'm focusing on equitation and jumpers.

Thank you. I'm going to have to watch it again and pay more attention to the rider.

I'd love my niece to get into this. I can't wait to see what she thinks of this video. :D

Kalei
05-09-2007, 04:11 PM
OMGosh I'm glad you posted that, its absolutely amazing! I just loved it and I couldn't believe how perfect that horse could do everything!:D

Miss Z
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
OK, I have a question. While I was watching this I was thinking....How in the world do you train a horse to do this?? I mean, this looked like the rider wasn't doing a darn thing but sitting there. The horse looked like it was listening to the music and literally dancing!! :eek:
Does anyone know how horses are trained to do this?

Hehe, right from when I started to learn dressage, I was told:

"If no-one can tell what you're doing, then you're probably doing it right!"

:D ;)

Argranade
05-09-2007, 04:43 PM
LMAO!

Haha! it's a dancing horse.

Sorry .. I found it rather funny .... :o

Freedom
05-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Stunning!

I don't know enough to tell, what is the competition they are in? You knonw, like for dogs, we watch Westminster, or the Nationals. What was it and where - I think by the accents it was held in England somewhere?

Gotta say, a part of me (the part which is dealing with newly diagnosed arthritic knees) kept saying "ouch" on each step!

Tralee
05-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh I love that mare! Andreas Helgstrand is a very talented rider and Blue Hors Matine is wonderful. Her piaffe is so expressive, and her movements are flawless. Personally I think Andreas' ride was much better than Anky van Grusven's ride in the WEG. Even though Anky scored much higher, Salinero looked stiff and tight, obviously due to the use of rollkur.
I was really disappointed that Matine didn't pass the vet exam and consequently couldn't compete in the World Cup in Las Vegas, which I attended.

Tralee
05-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Stunning!

I don't know enough to tell, what is the competition they are in? You knonw, like for dogs, we watch Westminster, or the Nationals. What was it and where - I think by the accents it was held in England somewhere?

This is from the World Equestrian Games in Aachen Germany 2006. :)

Freedom
05-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Thank you!

Randi
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Wow, beautiful!! He really is good and the horse too, of course. Seems he's Danish.

Here's a website with more info: http://www.bluehors.dk/

Some of the links are in English and there are pictures.