PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been on in a loooooong time

clara4457
05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I haven't been on this site for a very long time, but I just happened on today and was thrilled to still see some people that I still know. So I thought I would pop in and say hello and update everyone on my life happenings.

Our rescue is still alive and well, although we have gone through a name change. We are now called Buffalo Humane and continue to rescue dogs and cats and find new homes for them. We are working closely with some shelters in Ontario to rescue some innocent victims of the breed ban. Sweet, lovable dogs whose only crime is they are labeled "pit mixes". Most that we bring down are less than six months old, and a few don't look like they have any "bully breed" in them at all. It is so sad, but I'm happy we can do a little something to help. We just adopted out the sweetest 3 year old Amstaff from Ontario named Jarhead (now called Dozer) that is probably one of the sweetest and most even tempered dogs I have ever met. Isn't he beautiful and such a lovebug. He had been at the Ontario shelter since October and they were getting a great deal of pressure to either move him out or euthanize him. I know it breaks their hearts to be forced to euthanize such sweet dogs and Jarhead especially touched their hearts.
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/NY549/NY549.8095345-3-x.jpg

Leo and Penny are doing very well - Leo is the same goofy guy he always was (although he has a little more grey on his chin). Penny is now 11 years old and going through her second puppyhood - running, playing, having a great time. Barney, on the other hand, is struggling these days. He doesn't move very well these days and spends most of his time sleeping and lounging - but he is still eating well and still gives great kisses.

I foster mostly cats now, as I don't really want young dogs around Barney - his arthritis is pretty painful these days and I don't want them accidentally hurting him. I still work with some of the fosters homes and adoptive homes with training and behavior consults, but for now I want to focus on Barney.

Anyway, I'll try to get on more often. My life has been pretty crazy this last year, but things are finally settling down.

Clara

Kfamr
05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the update, Clara, like I said I'm glad to see you checking in.

Dozer is absolutely beautiful. It's so sad that no one wanted him. Glad you guys stepped in and gave him another chance. :)

Any Leo pics? You know I love that boy. ;)

Cincy'sMom
05-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Good to see you Clara!!! Sorry to hear Barney is having some bad days. He is such a handsome boy!

buttercup132
05-08-2007, 10:06 PM
:confused: Dose luvofallhorses work there cause Jarhead (I'm pritty sure) was on her works site.

Anyways welcome back:)

luvofallhorses
05-08-2007, 10:23 PM
welcome back! :D Jarhead is gorgeous :)

:confused: Dose luvofallhorses work there cause Jarhead (I'm pritty sure) was on her works site.

Anyways welcome back:)

:confused: you have me mixed up with someone else. ;) I don't know who Jarhead is.

Karen
05-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Welcome back, Clara! Good to hear things are going well, and Dozer is just adorable - good for you all, getting him a good home!

anna_66
05-09-2007, 06:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/wave2.gifHi Clara! So nice to see your still around.

Dozer is awesome! I'm so glad to hear that he's went to a loving forever home:)
Sounds like your rescue is doing great, so nice to hear.

It's nice to hear that your furries are doing fine (but sorry to hear Barney is having pain). Give them all a big HUG from me!

Hope to hear from you again soon.

pitc9
05-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Howdy!! Glad you stopped by! It sure has been a while since you've been here huh! :D
Glad to hear all is well!
Dozer looks like a sweetie!