PDA

View Full Version : Foster home for 6 months needed NJ/NY/PA

Lizzie
05-08-2007, 11:11 AM
This is from the Best Friends network:

6 mo. foster needed for 2 cats in NJ/NY/PA area
I am looking for a foster angel to help my neighbor. A recovering alcoholic of 14 years, he had one slip up, which cost him dearly. He now finds himself going to jail for a DWI technicality for 6 months on May 20th.

The issue.... his two tabby cats, brothers, who at 5 years old have led a charmed life. Our neighbor DOES NOT want to surrender his babies and is trying endlessly to find a 6 month long foster home. Not an easy task.

They are sweet but timid, and he feels that life in a shelter, cage or kennel would be too overwhelming for 6 months (and the cots have been $5,000-$6,000 which is beyond his means). He is willing to pay for their food and related costs (on a special diet), etc. and make a donation to the rescue group that would assist him. His main concern is the safety and care of his two strictly indoor cats. He loves these cats tremendously.

With time running out, he is in tears thinking that he may have to put them to sleep as he has no other option.

As his neighbor, and filled with fosters myself, I have tried to find a responsible person to foster . No luck so far.

Anyone in the NJ/PA/NY area willing to assist Buddy and Swirly until they can be home for the holidays? They truly need an angel.

Catty1
05-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Can he get anyone to house-sit for him, someone who likes cats?

A responsible high-school or college student, working a job and needs an inexpensive place to stay? Doesn't even have to be a student....

That way Buddy and Swirly would be in their own home....

Don't put them to sleep, mister....there's gotta be a way.

Lizzie
05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, which makes perfect sense. I've posted it into a response on B.F.

Anikaca77
05-08-2007, 01:13 PM
If I had more room I'd take them in but I just don't. I Pray that he finds someone to watch them and take care of them.

catmandu
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
If he was in Canada and could get them here, the spare bedroom would be thiers no charge.
We hope that these Tabbies can find a safe place to stay.

moosmom
05-08-2007, 06:30 PM
How about asking your vet if he'd be willing to foster them both. It's worth a shot and the worst he can say is no. Perhaps one of the vet techs would be willing to do it. Give it a shot. Ya got nothing to lose!!

Good luck hon