PDA

View Full Version : Little Madeleine - she could be anywhere

Pawsitive Thinking
05-08-2007, 04:10 AM
Spare a thought for this little one and her family. Pray that she is safe and well and will soon be back where she belongs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6633687.stm

Daisy and Delilah
05-08-2007, 06:49 AM
I can't imagine what that Mom is going through. Poor little kid and her Mom. How awful. I have added her to my prayer list, Denise. Let's hope and pray she's found safe and sound. :(

elizabethann
05-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Poor little girl. I hope they find her safe & sound.

Vela
05-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Ugh my worst nightmare. I always feel SO horrible for parents whose children are truly kidnapped, and the kids as well. Prayers that she is found alive and well and unharmed. So horribly sad.

AdoreMyDogs
05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I can't imagine how horrible this would be to go threw...I just can't imagine the terror. I have that little girl and her parents in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-09-2007, 03:28 AM
bump

Pawsitive Thinking
05-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Another article with an email address if anyone wants to send support to the family

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=25756

Daisy and Delilah
05-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks Denise. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-11-2007, 03:41 AM
After 8 days the search for little Madeleine is being scaled down :( Please keep her and her family in your prayers - tomorrow is her 4th birthday

JenBKR
05-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Prayers going out for little Maddy. I can't even imagine what her mom is going through... :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-11-2007, 09:18 AM
OMG, this is HORRIBLE ....... :eek: . I feel so sorry for that sweet little girl, and for her family....! I hope the abductors didn't harm that sweetheart.... :( :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-11-2007, 09:32 AM
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=3345528

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I saw on CNN today that there are some big stars rallying around to support the effort to find her. Her poor family remains in my thoughts and prayers. BE SAFE MADDY!!! :(

jackie
05-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I feel so sad for her and her family.

I hope this makes people more aware not to leave their children unattended.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Its been 11 days now and still no nearer to finding Maddy. Please keep her and her family in your prayers

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-14-2007, 04:44 AM
This is really hearthbraking..... ; I feel so sorry for that little girl, and for her family :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Going to *bump* this until that little sweetheart is found

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2007, 03:27 AM
The latest on Maddy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6656451.stm

and spare a thought for Ben too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Needham

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Pretty please, can today be the day she is found safe and well???

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Still nothing :(

wombat2u2004
05-16-2007, 07:19 AM
OMG......11 days.
I sure wish she is safe and well wherever she is, and be returned home.
Wom

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I know I keep posting about this but a fund has now been launched for anyone who wishes to help with the search for this little girl.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Jods
05-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Just wanted to add the parents have asked that she be called madeleine because she wont answer to maddie. I guess they just fear someone will see her and if they call her maddie they might loose the chance at getting her back :( Poor lil thing...

Pawsitive Thinking
05-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Just wanted to add the parents have asked that she be called madeleine because she wont answer to maddie. I guess they just fear someone will see her and if they call her maddie they might loose the chance at getting her back :( Poor lil thing...

Good point - note change to title thread ;)

Kirsten
05-17-2007, 06:00 AM
It's on the news here all the time, and she has touched many hearts here, too. We all hope she will be found and soon be back with her family.

Kirsten

jackmilliesmom
05-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Are there any further updates on the case?

Pawsitive Thinking
05-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Still no closer to finding her :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6664271.stm

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2007, 03:28 AM
Her family think she may have been taken out of Portugal now :( Please spare a moment to go to www.findmadeleine.com and make the search for her worldwide

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Keep that darling girl in your prayers

http://chatroom.gm.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=9481#post9481

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
**bump** because this is important

JenBKR
05-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Poor little girl still in my prayers

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Latest is that she may have been sighted in Morocco....if that's the case then the poor little mite is still alive

jackie
05-19-2007, 11:32 AM
bump.

Babyboonie
05-20-2007, 05:18 AM
My heart is breaking for dearest Madeleine and her family, I can't imagine what they are going through. I pray that she is returned safe and sound.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2007, 03:30 AM
*another bump*

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2007, 03:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/0800555111

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Is she destined to be tomorrow's chip paper?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6668801.stm

Pawsitive Thinking
05-23-2007, 03:33 AM
Madeleine's parents have pledged to travel through all of Europe in the hope of finding their daughter.

If you have the time could you please go to www.findmadeleine.com and print out a poster or two. The more people who are looking for her the more chance we stand of finding her. If you could pass the website details to everyone you know, so much the better :D

She could be anywhere by now :(

JenBKR
05-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh no, that poor little girl. More prayers for her safe return on the way.

pitc9
05-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I pray for her safe return.
:(

Kirsten
05-23-2007, 11:56 AM
It is so sad that there's still no news... I can't even try to image what her parents are going through!! :(

Kirsten

Miss Z
05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I feel terrible for the family, how devastating. It's frightening to think that there are child-snatchers everywhere you go, sends chills down your spine. I'm sure Madeline's parents are regretting leaving their kids in the room whilst they went out for dinner. :(

I really hope they can find her, it's going to be like finding a needle in a haystack though. I can't remember exactly how many years ago it was, but I remember another little blue-eyed, blond-haired little toddler going missing in Greece, I don't think he was ever found....we can only hope that Madeline will be a lucky one.

We live in a sad, sad world that such tragedies can happen at the hand of humanity. :( :(

Whisk_Luva
05-23-2007, 12:31 PM
What makes me so angry :mad: is when she was supposedly seen in Morroco it was on the news etc! If it was her the man would kno someone had spotted them and flee 2 a diffe country if he didnt want 2 b caught :mad:

Babyboonie
05-23-2007, 02:29 PM
It amazes me how this family are coping...although i'm sure that underneath those brave faces they are falling apart.

I can't believe how long Madeleine has been gone now.....i hope whoever has her is looking after her. It's hard not to think that the unthinkable has happened, or is happening. Everyone needs to do all they can to help this family - please visit the website Brody's Mum posted.

There's been a lot on the news about the little boy called Ben who was snatched at 18 months old in Greece - he was never found, yet his family haven't given up hope. I feel for them at this time too, as this must be bringing back horrible memories for them.

Muddy4paws
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Its such a shame, normally shes all in the newspapers and now its kind of dying down because of no news. I really hope she is found, the poor girl must be so scared right now. Her family are so strong, it really does show.
:( Fingers crossed for some good news asap.

Alysser
05-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Although I do feel bad for the parents, when I first heard the story it said that Madeleine was alone in the apartment with no one, and her parents would check on her every 30 mins. I can't imagine leaving a 3 yr old child alone like that. They must be so regretting this now. This is such a sad, sad story. I feel so sorry for her parents and herself. She has been gone for so long, and I hope she is OK and alive and well. :(

I was thinking, do you think someone from the Hotel snatched her?? I wouldn't think someone could get in unless they had a room key, and all hotel workers would have a key for every room to clean, etc. They should ask around the hotel for any workers missing or something..just a thought.

I'll be praying for this poor family. :(

lizbud
05-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I've been seeing many articles & blogs with comments & prayers for
this little girl & her family. There is a lot of comments criticziing the parents
for not useing the sitting service offered at the hotel.I feel so sad for them.

carole
05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
The thought crossed my mind, perhaps they were not keen on using a sitting service in a strange country, they thought this was a safer option, i would not have left my kids either, but i guess they thought it was going to be ok, checking up on them,whatever they must be going through hell right now, and we all make bad decisions sometimes, sadly they are going to suffer for it for the rest of their lives, let us hope they find their wee girl and soon, this is so tragic.

Twisterdog
05-23-2007, 07:15 PM
A complete tragedy beyond words. I honestly don't know how a parent could ever stand this.

And as much as my heart breaks for these parents and this child, I have to say, what were they thinking? When my child was two, or four or six, I would have never left him alone for 30 minutes. Not in my own house, and certainly not in a hotel in a strange city! There is NO excuse. Call room service if you are hungry. One parent could have gone out and brought take-out in and the other watched the children. That is assinine.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Maltese Love: From the start of this I've felt that someone at the holiday complex had a hand in snatching Madeleine. How else would they know when the parents had checked on the children and when they hadn't? This certainly wasn't a random kidnapping.

As for the issue of leaving the children alone - it is a decision they will regret for the rest of their lives isn't it? As far as I can work out they were on holiday in quite a large group so were taking it in turns to check on the children rather than leave them in the care of someone they did not know.

The little boy who went missing in Greece is called Ben Needham and his mum has been interviewed recently. She thinks he was "taken to order" and wherever he is, he is loved and well cared for. He will be 18 soon and she is convinced he will find his way home one day....

Miss Z
05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
I was thinking, do you think someone from the Hotel snatched her?? I wouldn't think someone could get in unless they had a room key, and all hotel workers would have a key for every room to clean, etc. They should ask around the hotel for any workers missing or something..just a thought.

If I remember Portugal correctly, it's pretty easy to open the sliding doors that lead out onto the balcony using a credit card, and some even simply with your hands. Locks aren't always up to standard. It's a frightening situation but not uncommon in any European hotel. I think they showed the apartment that Madeline and her family were staying in on the news and it was a ground floor apartment easily accessible to anyone passing.

The little boy who went missing in Greece is called Ben Needham and his mum has been interviewed recently. She thinks he was "taken to order" and wherever he is, he is loved and well cared for. He will be 18 soon and she is convinced he will find his way home one day....

Ah yes, that was who I was thinking of. Such a tragic story that she still wonders if he'll ever return. There is depth to her 'taken to order' theory. Toddlers, often blue-eyed and blond haired, are targetted because they will forget who their parents were with time and will never know their true identity. My fingers are crossed that Madeline will be found but with each day the chance gets slimmer and slimmer...:(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-25-2007, 03:33 AM
http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=25948

Kirsten
05-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Her parents decided to show Madeleine's last photo to the public. It was taken only 7 hours before she disappeared. Looking into this happy little face, not knowing what's ahead of her is bringing tears to my eyes... :(

http://onnachrichten.t-online.de/c/11/13/43/68/11134368,tid=i.jpg

Hope the picture shows up, if not, you can also see it in this article (http://onnachrichten.t-online.de/c/11/13/39/84/11133984.html).

Kirsten

finn's mom
05-25-2007, 09:07 PM
That whole thing is so tragic. I can't imagine. Her parents will need individual and marriage counseling for years after this. I am absolutely speechless that someone would leave their child alone like that. :(

carole
05-27-2007, 03:55 PM
The saddest part of all is that in this world of ours we cannot leave our children safely, because of creeps like those who took young Madeline,i so feel for those parents, it is hard enough to have this happen, but i am sure all the criticism they are facing makes it that much harder, i myself agree i would not have done what they did either,but no-one can regret that as much as they do,regardless we have to have empathy for them, this is such a tragedy.

Hellow
05-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Oh God. This is terrible. Please bring her home, god.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-29-2007, 04:28 AM
I was really hoping that by now this thread would be history and replaced with a celebration of Madeleine's safe return but sadly, not yet......

Madeleine's parents have now released a video of them all setting off on holiday.

Keep praying people and keep looking for Madeleine

Pawsitive Thinking
05-30-2007, 04:39 AM
Hear parents are meeting the Pope today - let's hope he can "pull a few strings"

Cataholic
05-30-2007, 08:41 AM
I woke up this morning with this poor girl on my mind.

sandragonfly
05-30-2007, 01:16 PM
she has been on my thoughts since I read all about it. and have blogged about it to my friends/families too.

brody, the video you linked gave me goosebumps .. I pray to the stone she'll be found sound and safe. :mad: :( whatever parents shouldn't do or should do, is too late and just please find or return this girl..

Pawsitive Thinking
05-31-2007, 03:37 AM
Think back to all the things you've done during the last 4 weeks.

Then take time out to think of Gerry and Kate McCann.

This is how long it has been since their precious daughter was taken from them - 4 weeks :eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
06-04-2007, 03:54 AM
Sadly, I am still having to **bump** this thread :(

The latest train of thought is that Madeleine was kidnapped for a ransom but the kidnapper has been scared off by all the publicity and is keeping her in hiding until it all dies down a bit.......

Pawsitive Thinking
06-05-2007, 03:27 AM
***bump*** :(

JenBKR
06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Still keeping this little girl in my thoughts and prayers. I really do hope they have some leads soon, sadly it sounds as if there aren't many (good) ones. I saw an interview with the parents on tv, and they are trying to remain positive and still believe that their little girl will be found. They are also in my thoughts and prayers.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-06-2007, 03:56 AM
At the beginning of all this I said I would bump this thread until Madeleine is found so apologies but here it is again

**bump**

I didn't watch the McCann's interview on Crimewatch last night but hope it brings results

Pam
06-06-2007, 06:02 AM
The whole thing is heartbreaking for sure and I imagine the parents are going through a living hell right now. As I see how much attention this is getting in the news, though, it makes me hurt for the many other families who are going through this same situation and their stories are of no interest to the media. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
06-06-2007, 06:13 AM
The whole thing is heartbreaking for sure and I imagine the parents are going through a living hell right now. As I see how much attention this is getting in the news, though, it makes me hurt for the many other families who are going through this same situation and their stories are of no interest to the media. :(

Her parents and all their friends and relatives are the ones keeping the media machine going.

I keep bumping this thread because I said I would and I guess that I'm a bit superstitious about stopping it :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
06-07-2007, 03:59 AM
*bump* sorry

Pawsitive Thinking
06-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Was on the news today that a call had been made to police by someone claiming to know where Madeleine is.........its a sad indictment on the world we live in that this call appears to be a hoax :(

Pawsitive Thinking
06-11-2007, 04:34 AM
As this thread appears to have gone as cold as the trail in the hunt for Madeleine the next time I post will be to say that she has been found

Keeping you in my thoughts, little girl

Kirsten
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
OMG, I hope this (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6705975,00.html) is not true!!!!

:( :( :(

Kirsten

Catty1
06-13-2007, 11:37 AM
The police are treating this seriously. Here is an excerpt from the Guardian, dated 2 hrs ago:

"Officers in Portugal are investigating the letter's claims and are poised to visit Odiaxere. Dutch police said part of the reason the letter was being taken so seriously was because it was similar to one sent to the same newspaper last June following the disappearance from the city of Liege, in Belgium, of two girls: Stacy Lemmens, seven, and Natalie Mahy, 10.

In that case the author claimed to know where the girls had been buried. The children's bodies were found two weeks later in a storm drain near a railway crossing a short distance from the location identified in the letter."

:( Prayers for Madeleine and her parents.

elizabethann
06-13-2007, 12:10 PM
That would be so sad & tragic. :(

Kirsten
06-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Dutch police said part of the reason the letter was being taken so seriously was because it was similar to one sent to the same newspaper last June following the disappearance from the city of Liege, in Belgium, of two girls: Stacy Lemmens, seven, and Natalie Mahy, 10.

In that case the author claimed to know where the girls had been buried. The children's bodies were found two weeks later in a storm drain near a railway crossing a short distance from the location identified in the letter.

That is the part that makes me fear the worst!! My heart goes out to her parents in these difficult hours.

Kirsten

ramanth
06-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I hope it's not true either Kirsten. :( :( Many prayers for Madeleine and her family.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-14-2007, 04:11 AM
There will be an extensive search of the area today :( :(

As much as I despise hoax letters I pray that this one is exactly that

Thinking of you Madeleine

Pawsitive Thinking
06-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Good(ish) news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6755587.stm

JenBKR
06-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Whew I am glad they haven't found her in that area.....I am still praying that she is out there somewhere, alive and unharmed.

BC_MoM
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I am not blaming the parents, or playing the "it's their fault" game, but WHY would a parent leave their children in a hotel room alone?? :(

Kfamr
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
You mean this little girl still hasn't been found? :( :(

BC_MoM
06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
She's been missing 43 days now.

This just makes me sick. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
06-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow, this is really depressing. How sad. Let's all pray for little Madeline, her parents, and all the people trying so desperatly hard to find her, and that they don't give up until they find her. :( :(

Whisk_Luva
06-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I STILL blame the media for lots of this! If she is alive they are making it harder than it has to be. It like when she was 'seen' in Morocco they publicised (sp) it and if the person who took her was in Morocco then they are obviously going to go to another country! The police should look into it and try and find them before anyone gives it to the Media.

Everytime it seems like we are getting closer we are getting further away. (Sorry to be so negative its my opinion though)

We will do everything we can to find you though Madeleine, and the sicko who did this to you!

I am praying you are alive Madeleine and the sicko isnt hurting you.

Kirsten
06-15-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm glad they did not find her in that area!

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
06-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I HOPE this has a happy ending but it has been to long....

Pawsitive Thinking
06-15-2007, 04:55 PM
You mean this little girl still hasn't been found? :( :(

She hasn't been found either dead or alive :(

lizbud
06-15-2007, 05:06 PM
She hasn't been found either dead or alive :(

I'm beginning to think that this will not have a happy ending. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
06-15-2007, 05:09 PM

Sadly, I am inclined to agree with you - the poor little mite

BC_MoM
06-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Don't lose hope.

AdoreMyDogs
06-18-2007, 12:40 AM
I just am lost for words on this whole thing. I wouldn't leave a child alone for even a second, and I can't understand why she was ever left alone. I am sure her parents are disgusted with themselves. I pitty them. They made a decision that is eating away at them, and will continue to do so for the rest of their lives.

I hope little Madeline is, by some miracle, found safe and sound. Alive and well. :(

finn's mom
06-18-2007, 08:10 AM
I hope they find her. At this point, it's just about that, not about the why she was left alone or who is to blame. It's just about finding her.

I think she's alive, that's just my gut feeling.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-22-2007, 05:59 AM
There have been 5 reported sightings of Madeleine in Malta

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6229150.stm

Fingers, paws, eyes and whiskers crossed.

Would it be wonderful to mark her 50th day missing by finding her!

karyn674
06-23-2007, 05:36 AM
The news is amazing!

In Malta!

Oh my!

She here!!!!!!!!!!???????

Lilith Cherry
06-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Keep your eyes open please Karyn .. maybe you could help to bring the poor little mite home!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-25-2007, 05:06 AM
There have now been at least 11 "sightings"... there could be a happy ending after all

wombat2u2004
06-25-2007, 05:20 AM
There have now been at least 11 "sightings"... there could be a happy ending after all

Hope so mate.
Wom

Pawsitive Thinking
06-28-2007, 05:30 AM
The latest news......

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/11536/Madeleine:+Police+quiz+man+over+kidnap+claim

carole
06-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Gosh i was so angry when i heard this news on the telly this morning, these people are monsters too, how dare they try and take advantage of such a horrible situation,human beings, i think not, i hope they throw the book at them. :mad:

wombat2u2004
06-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Gosh i was so angry when i heard this news on the telly this morning, these people are monsters too, how dare they try and take advantage of such a horrible situation,human beings, i think not, i hope they throw the book at them. :mad:

Nope...no book !!! A rope will be sufficient.
Wom

carole
06-28-2007, 07:39 PM
on i agree totally, i am referring to the monsters who gave these poor parents false hope by trying to extort money from them saying they had Madeline, when they did not even have her, i cannot even find the words to describe what i really think of these monsters.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-29-2007, 04:01 AM
I've got a text alert set up on my phone and when the news came through of their arrests last night I really felt that the police were getting somewhere..........I can't post what I think about these two as I like it here ;)

Hellow
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
BUMP

Any updates?

Pawsitive Thinking
07-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Maybe....just maybe....keep praying folks

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/12840

Hellow
07-13-2007, 09:35 AM
I plan on *bumping* up this thread every week.:)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I plan on *bumping* up this thread every week.:)

Thanks Reggie :D

finn's mom
07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I hope she is found safe. It bothers me that people would send hate mail to a man who hasn't been convicted of anything. That energy should be put towards something more positive than spewing ugliness. That's just my two cents, though.

Hellow
07-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Bump

Hellow
07-15-2007, 10:22 PM
bump

jackmilliesmom
07-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Bump - Going on too long now - hope she is found safe

wombat2u2004
07-17-2007, 01:05 AM
LONDON - J.K. Rowling is asking booksellers around the world to publicize the plight of missing British girl Madeleine McCann when they sell the new Harry Potter book this week.

Rowling's 65 publishers in more than 200 territories will distribute a poster of Madeleine, who has been missing for more than two months, to stores selling "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," public relations firm Colman Getty said Monday.

The book, the seventh and final installment in the schoolboy wizard's adventures, goes on sale Saturday.

In a statement, Rowling said she was asking stores to display the poster, which will include the Web address of the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.

"I fervently hope that posters displayed prominently in shops all over the world when the new book comes out will help find Madeleine McCann and will raise the profile of the many other missing children in different countries," Rowling said.

Madeleine, 4, disappeared on May 3 after her parents left her and her 2-year-old twin siblings alone in their room while they went to a restaurant inside their hotel complex in Praia da Luz, a resort town in Portugal's Algarve region.

Rowling has pledged several hundred thousand dollars to a reward for Madeleine's safe return.

BC_MoM
07-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Good for Rowling! I'm so happy to hear that.
I can't believe she is still missing, but I have to hand it to Madeleine's parents for keeping up hope and courage.

I know I sure haven't been able to. :(

Hellow
07-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Bump

Catty1
08-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Belgium contacts Dutch police after reported Madeleine sighting

Fri Aug 3, 9:07 AM

BRUSSELS (AFP) - Belgian authorities are taking seriously a reported sighting of missing British girl Madeleine McCann and have contacted Dutch police to help with the investigation, a local prosecutor said Friday.
ADVERTISEMENT

DNA test results are expected next week on a bottle taken from a restaurant where a girl resembling four-year-old Madeleine was seen, local prosecutor Katja Van Doren told AFP.

A child psychologist reported seeing the girl with a man and woman in the restaurant in the Dutch-speaking town of Tongeren, near the Dutch border east of Brussels.

The couple were said to have been acting in a suspicious manner.

Belgian police have issued an identikit picture of the man involved, said to be in his 40s with black hair and stubble on his prominent chin.

He was said to speak with a Dutch accent, while the woman spoke to him in English.

Madeleine vanished on May 3 from a hotel room in southern Portugal where she and her two-year-old twin siblings were sleeping while her parents were dining at a nearby restaurant.

The McCanns have launched an international campaign to find their daughter which has drawn the support of celebrities including soccer star David Beckham and Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling.

"We are taking it seriously and we are doing everything we can to investigate," Tongeren acting prosecutor Van Doren said of the reported sighting.

"The local police are investigating to try to see whether it was the girl who disappeared and we are in touch with Dutch police," she added.

The prosecutor's office was also in touch on Thursday with the British embassy in Brussels which is monitoring the situation.

Police collected the bottle that the girl had drunk from at the cafe and were searching for the couple's car.

"We don't know whether there will be enough DNA to make an identification," the Tongeren prosecutor said.

Local magistrate Bruno Coppin voiced caution.

"We want to collaborate with the international enquiry but for the time being... there is no information which could lead us to the girl," he said.

The Belga news agency reported that the girl had blonde hair and striking blue-green eyes. The three people spotted drove away in a black Volvo with Belgian plates.

Portuguese police in charge of the case said they had received no official word of the investigation ongoing in Belgium.

A spokesman for the McCanns, Justine McGuinness, said the parents of the missing girl would have no comment on the latest 'sighting'.

Similar enquiries have been launched in European countries after reported sightings of Madeleine but none proved useful to the search for the missing girl.

Dutch police last month arrested a man who allegedly attempted to defraud the parents of the kidnapped British girl by claiming he knew how to find her.

jackie
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2007, 09:23 PM
There is still hope

Hellow
08-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Fingers, toes, big and small, and paws crossed.

Jods
08-08-2007, 06:50 AM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,91210-1278928,00.html

They found traces of blood in the hotel room and think she may have been killed :(

wombat2u2004
08-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Oh no !!!!
Those parents are so silly to do what they did, and leave those kids alone.
I have NEVER done that with my daughters.....EVER !!!!!
Wom

sirrahved
08-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Amen Wom! If you are travelling with children and want time alone, bring a babysitter!

jackie
08-08-2007, 08:04 AM
While I would love to have be found, safe and unharmed, I doubt that will happen.

If I think about the other things that she could be used for, I would prefer that she be dead. :(

Alysser
08-08-2007, 08:14 AM
My mom just said, and keeps saying since she's been missing that she thinks the poor girl was sold into white slavery. :( I've never heard of it but I guess in those countries they still have that stuff and it's always a possibilty.

I have yet to loose hope. Some children who have been missing for a long time(like years) have been found before. All you need is a miracle.

wombat2u2004
08-08-2007, 08:38 AM
My mom just said, and keeps saying since she's been missing that she thinks the poor girl was sold into white slavery. :( I've never heard of it but I guess in those countries they still have that stuff and it's always a possibilty.

I have yet to loose hope. Some children who have been missing for a long time(like years) have been found before. All you need is a miracle.

Oh boy.....this is all starting to get really depressing.
I just hope this little kid is found maybe sold to a family who has no kids, and theyv'e treated her right etc etc.
I'd hate to think she was sold into slavery.......but the sad facts are, she may have been.
Wom

Catty1
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
DNA tested in Belgium not that of Madeleine

Wed Aug 8, 9:07 AM

BRUSSELS (AFP) - Belgian authorities said Wednesday that DNA taken from a bottle at a Belgian cafe, following a reported sighting of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann, was that of a man, but the investigation continues.

Last week a child psychologist reported to police that she had seen a girl closely resembling the British youngster, who disappeared in Portugal in May, in a cafe in Tongeren, eastern Belgium.

The girl in question was accompanied by a man speaking with a Dutch accent and a women speaking English, in the town near the Dutch border.

Police had taken the bottle and drinking straw for DNA testing believing that the blonde girl seen at the cafe table had drunk from it.

The DNA test results "don't mean that the presence of Maddie can be excluded," the Tongeren prosecutor's office said in a statement announcing the DNA test results.

"It is possible that the man seen with the girl finished the bottle," the statement read, "we continue to investigate all the tips we have received".

The recovered DNA did not correspond with any samples in either the Belgian or Dutch police record banks.

Investigations into the four-year-old's disappearance are now focusing on blood stains recently found in the family's holiday apartment bedroom in the resort of Praia da Luz, southern Portugal.

Madeleine's parents refused to be drawn on the reported discovery of blood stains in their holiday apartment Tuesday, but insisted they believe she is still alive.

wombat2u2004
08-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Mystery of Madeleine parents' secret emails 'intercepted by police'
Friends hit back over whispering campaign against Maddy's parents

By FIONA BARTON - Last updated at 11:12am on 9th August 2007
The friends who were with Madeleine McCann's parents on the night she
disappeared have tried to shake off a growing whispering campaign against them.

They have spoken out after a Portuguese newspaper claimed police had
'intercepted' emails and phone calls between Kate and Gerry McCann and their
friends.
These, the newspaper reported, provided 'decisive proof' that Madeleine was
not kidnapped, but died in the family's holiday apartment in Portugal.
Diario de Noticias, a respected national daily, said 'police sources'
insisted the intercepted 'messages' were key evidence.
Other newspapers have already made a series of lurid and unsubstantiated
claims about the McCanns.
Yesterday, stung by such claims, their friend Rachael Oldfield, a 36-year-
old London recruitment consultant, suggested the police could be 'leaking'
confidential information to the Press.
"I think there are some leaks coming from the police, but a lot of what I
have read recently has been completely untrue," she said.
"Whether a journalist has had a bit of information and made the rest up, or
the police are feeding some truth or untruths I just don't know."
Another of the party, Dr Fiona Payne, said: "You cannot attach any
significance to what is being reported (in the Portuguese press)."
Mrs Oldfield, who is married to doctor Matthew Oldfield and has a
one-year-old daughter, said: "It is very hurtful and it is all rather ludicrous. But it
is difficult to defend because the investigationand everything in it is
confidential. We don't want to jeopardise the investigation in any way or
Madeleine's life. We are a bit stuck, really."
The Oldfields were at dinner with the McCanns and the rest of their party,
Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien from Exeter, Fiona and David Payne from
Leicester and an unnamed woman, when Madeleine vanished from her bed in the holiday
apartments in Praia da Luz on May 3.
The adults told police they had taken it in turns to check on their sleeping
children, including Madeleine and her twoyearold twin brother and sister, in
nearby apartments.
In statements to the Policia Judiciaria investigators, which were leaked to
Sol magazine, Mr McCann said he first checked his three children at 9.05pm and
thought it 'strange' that the bedroom door was ajar. He checked the window
and shutters, which were both closed, and left.
Jane Tanner said she took her turn ten minutes later and saw a darkhaired man
carrying a child in his arms as she came back.
Minutes after her return, according to police statements, Matthew Oldfield
checked the children and noticed nothing unusual.
Mrs McCann went at 10pm and said she found the apartment window open, heavy
metal shutters raised and her daughter missing.
Police say there are discrepancies between the timings given by the McCann
party and staff and other diners in the restaurant that night.
One Portuguese newspaper yesterday, which quoted 'police sources', said: "If
everything happened as the English holidaymakers say, in terms of their
checking the children, it would be almost impossible for a kidnap to have taken
place."
Mrs Oldfield said: "There would only be a small window for somebody to do it
(abduct Madeleine), but presumably if somebody had been watching our
movements then it would have been possible."
The McCanns, who on Tuesday denied stories in the Portuguese press that
implied they had 'accidentally' killed their daughter, spent an hour with
detectives yesterday afternoon.
They learned that a possible sighting of Madeleine in a Belgian cafe had been
largely discounted after tests on a drinking straw used by the little girl
spotted showed the DNA of an adult male.
_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article
_id=473408&in_page_id=1_
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=473408&in_page_id=1)

carole
08-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Gosh these stories are just coming out of the woodwork everywhere, one does not really know what to believe, i hope the real truth will come out and they will eventually find lil madeline.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Over 100 days and still no closer to finding Madeleine :( Her parents are convinced she is still alive but they seem to be in the minority now :(

Pawsitive Thinking
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?tab=ns&q=madeleine&recipe=all&scope=all&edition=

*LabLoverKEB*
08-13-2007, 04:30 PM
:( Poor, poor little Madeline- she must be scared out of her mind. I can only imagine what her parents are feeling right now, heartbroken, worried, scared, and so much more...
Prayers for little Maddie and her family... May the searchers stay strong, and never give up. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
08-14-2007, 07:42 AM
We haven't forgotten you Madeleine

Pawsitive Thinking
08-16-2007, 03:32 AM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22254157-2,00.html?from=mostpop

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/view.cfm?l=eng&c=4124014

wombat2u2004
08-16-2007, 08:09 AM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22254157-2,00.html?from=mostpop

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/view.cfm?l=eng&c=4124014

Oh dear, this is not looking good.
Wom

Catty1
08-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Oh, no...oh, dear...

If this did happen...at least they will know, the waiting will be over...

I just hope they get their little girl back... :(

Hellow
08-17-2007, 11:06 PM
OH, MY, GOD! They say they find blood stains, then they say they are not maddie's. I just hope that the little girl is found safely and her parents can go on in life.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Pray that this is not the truth

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8144

and some others

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/08/20/new-maddy-evidence-leads-to-raids-89520-19661219/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=476382&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Catty1
08-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I hope it's true that they find the "who" in this - and how and why it happened, whatever "it" was... :(

Whisk_Luva
08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/08/23/spanish-police-probe-madeleine-sighting-89520-19677634/

Catty1
08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I hope this might be true - and not just the parents' wishful thinking.

They gave interviews to a Spanish newspaper, and so people have been keeping an eye out.

Prayers for all... :(

Hellow
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
BUMP. Still praying...

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2007, 06:45 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/06/police-to-re-interview-madeleine-parents-89520-19744509/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/06/madeleline-dna-is-found-89520-19741892/

Hellow
09-06-2007, 08:44 AM
OMG i just wish they would find her...

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Keep an open mind folks - this is just so the police can ask her more probing questions and she has some legal protection

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6982969.stm

Pam
09-07-2007, 05:35 AM
I just heard that on the news. I am not one to rush to judgment but I didn't think she showed a whole lot of emotion right after Maddie went missing. I would have been hysterical and many other moms in the same situation in the past have shown a lot more emotion. I figured she was probably sedated though.

Edit: Just heard that the father has now been called a suspect too. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2007, 06:57 AM
A more in-depth article although who knows how much is truth and how much is just speculation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=480128&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

I refuse to believe that it was them...it just can't be..... :(

Daisy and Delilah
09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I just read the story in the news. This is bizarre. Gosh, I hope it isn't the parents. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Someone is bound to come out with the old "there's no smoke without fire" argument but I can't believe it in this case

jackie
09-07-2007, 08:39 AM
I would like to see Madeleine's body found, even if it turns out her parents did it.

moosmom
09-07-2007, 08:54 AM
I haven't really followed the whole "Madeleine" thread, but realized after watching the news that her parent's are being formally charged with her disappearance.

I hope and pray they find this poor little girl and get to the bottom of it once and for all.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Latest Update - Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 126 - 06/09/2007

Everyone will know that Kate attended for interview as a witness with the Portuguese police today. This is only the second time Kate has been interviewed and although it was a long day, going on past midnight, this was shorter than my second interview which lasted 13 hours! The suggestion that Kate is involved in Madeleines disappearance is ludicrous. Anyone who knows anything about the 3rd May knows that Kate is completely innocent. We will fight this all the way and we will not stop looking for Madeleine.

Jods
09-07-2007, 09:12 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/07/madeleine.mccann/index.html

I'd like him to explain why her blood was found in their rental car they rented 25 days AFTER she disappeared!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2007, 09:31 AM
OMG! Have re-read the articles over here and they say much the same

.....when you think of the outpouring of love and support they have had, not to mention the donations....there has to be some mistake......

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2007, 10:29 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6983604.stm

shais_mom
09-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry but even without really delving into the story I have suspected this from the beginning. I blew myself off at first b/c I just thought I watched too much tv but then I got to thinking about Susan Smith, and any other mother who did the same thing, and it just wouldn't leave my mind.
That said I still hope and pray that Maddie is alive.

lizbud
09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
So sad. :( We don't know what happened so I won't judge the parents,
but I don't think this little girl is still alive. I do wonder what to make of
the blood evidence they found in the rented apartment & car.

Hellow
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
This is how i feel:
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-035.gif

Miss Z
09-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry but even without really delving into the story I have suspected this from the beginning. I blew myself off at first b/c I just thought I watched too much tv but then I got to thinking about Susan Smith, and any other mother who did the same thing, and it just wouldn't leave my mind.
That said I still hope and pray that Maddie is alive.

Same here. At first I believed whole-heartedly Maddie's been kidnapped, now I'm not so sure. Of course, that's not down to press speculation convincing me otherwise, it's just there's something odd about the facts. The twins were left unharmed, blood found in the apartment...

How easy would it have been for a child left alone in a strange environment to fatally injure herself?

And if this is indeed the case, her parents would have been charged with manslaughter. That's a huge ordeal to face. But of course, if she could have disappeared, now that's a different case entirely...

I strongly hope that the above is completely wrong, but I cannot help it cropping up in my mind. The whole situation is very sad and I hope an end to it is found once and for all. :(

shais_mom
09-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Same here. At first I believed whole-heartedly Maddie's been kidnapped, now I'm not so sure. Of course, that's not down to press speculation convincing me otherwise, it's just there's something odd about the facts. The twins were left unharmed, blood found in the apartment...

How easy would it have been for a child left alone in a strange environment to fatally injure herself?

And if this is indeed the case, her parents would have been charged with manslaughter. That's a huge ordeal to face. But of course, if she could have disappeared, now that's a different case entirely...

I strongly hope that the above is completely wrong, but I cannot help it cropping up in my mind. The whole situation is very sad and I hope an end to it is found once and for all. :(
right -
and seriously - why would her parents leave 3 LITTLE kids UNattended in a hotel in a strange land? I mean good grief people get in more trouble leaving their pets in cars!

BC_MoM
09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
I agree, shais_mom. People have told me you can't say that it was their fault. Well, maybe it is. If they had been SENSIBLE, RESPONSIBLE parents, they never would have left their children alone and (assuming Maddie's parents had nothing to do with the disappearance) Madeleine would still be with her family today, and none of this would have happened.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2007, 01:46 PM
One thing that has puzzled me is why the twins never woke up while this was happening.......

What a mess! Like most people I believed the kidnap story from the start

BC_MoM
09-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Apparently, Madeleine's father, Gerry, is now a suspect as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6983604.stm

Hellow
09-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Yes, i was just watching Today & i heard that both of madeleine parents have been declared suspects.:(

Babyboonie
09-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I pray the parents haven't got anything to do wth Madeleine's disappearance, especially considering thousands of people have being doing all they can to raise money for the family so they can continue searching for her....yes some celebrities, but lots of ordinary folk who may have given money when they really couldn't afford it themselves.

Unfortunately I see this going the same way as the little boy Ben. That was years ago and no-one is the wiser as to what happened to him, we all just assume that he was kidnapped too.

There are so many different angles to this whole situation, it's difficult to know who is right, wrong, guilty or innocent anymore.

My thoughts are with Madeleine and Madeleine only. I have given up feeling for the family (i know this may sound harsh and i apologise for those of you offended), I just hope and pray that this sweet little girl is either safe somewhere with people that are looking after her or dead where no-one can hurt her anymore (again, sorry).

Muddy4paws
09-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Ive had a feeling that the parent had something to do with it, I hope its not true but I've always had a feeling that they did.

I hope for the sake of Maddy that the truth does come out and the right people are jailed for life

cloverfdx
09-09-2007, 08:55 AM
My thoughts are with Madeleine and Madeleine only. I have given up feeling for the family (i know this may sound harsh and i apologise for those of you offended), I just hope and pray that this sweet little girl is either safe somewhere with people that are looking after her or dead where no-one can hurt her anymore (again, sorry).
I agree with you 100%.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6985454.stm

The search for Madeleine has to go on

jennielynn1970
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
If they're suspects, why would they allow them to leave the country??? It has taken Portugal so long to add things up here.... now they allow "suspects" to leave the country? That's odd.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-09-2007, 04:09 PM
An interview with Kate

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2007/09/09/kate-tells-of-nightmare-98487-19758451/

lizbud
09-09-2007, 04:16 PM
If they're suspects, why would they allow them to leave the country??? It has taken Portugal so long to add things up here.... now they allow "suspects" to leave the country? That's odd.

They would have to arrest them to keep them there & they are not
ready to charge anyone yet.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Today's ludicrous update :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/11/police-want-kate-charged-with-accidental-homicide-89520-19766517/

jackie
09-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't understand why people feel sorry for the mother. If she did kill her daughter and then drag the WHOLE WORLD into, I hope she rots.

The only person I am concerned about in this whole dilemma is Madeleine.

Pam
09-11-2007, 07:45 AM
I heard something interesting today on the news that I never heard reported before. Maybe others already know this, but I guess I haven't followed the story closely enough. It seems that her first words upon finding her daughter missing were "they've taken her." My question is "who is she referring to?" "Who is they?" These are not the first words I would expect from anyone under these circumstances. :confused:

Pawsitive Thinking
09-11-2007, 08:17 AM
I don't understand why people feel sorry for the mother. If she did kill her daughter and then drag the WHOLE WORLD into, I hope she rots.

Because she may well be innocent

JenBKR
09-11-2007, 08:45 AM

We still don't know that the mother is guilty. While I am not 'technically' a mother yet, I can imagine that it is every mother's worst fear that something would happen to their child. Personally, I do feel bad for the parents as of now, as I can only imagine what they are going through, and I will continue to feel that way unless she is proven guilty.

shais_mom
09-11-2007, 10:13 AM

that is exactly what Susan Smith did, she blamed an African American, had her whole entire town ready to hang the first one, then it turned out she drove the car into the lake with her 2 sons in their car seats.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Please don't turn this thread into a "lets all condemn the McCanns" - take that topic to the doghouse. Trial by media and speculation is not fair to anyone

I started this because, like all of you, I want Madeleine found alive and well and thought updates would be good.

Thank you

carole
09-11-2007, 06:04 PM
This latest media report certainly has one thinking, i like most of you don't believe for one minute the mother did it,it is like when they have exhausted all avenues, let's blame the parents, imagine what they are going through, their life must be absolute agonising,i sure hope none of them are to blame, it does put suspicion in people's minds now and that is a real shame, we must concentrate on finding the monster's who did take her.

I must say that is an odd thing for the mother to say, you would more than likely say, has someone taken her, not they've taken her, i too wonder what she was indeed referring to.

lets us all hope little madeline can be found safe and sound.

sasvermont
09-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry, but aren't we all missing the major point here? They didn't have to leave their children alone - it was their choice. Suppose one of the kids choked on something......or fell out of bed? No monitor around? What the hell were either of the parents thinking? Dinner with friends is more important than hiring a child sitter or bringing along a baby monitor.

I'm sorry that the parents were asleep at the wheel at best. Too sad to think about what really happened to the child.

dukedogsmom
09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
We still don't know that the mother is guilty. While I am not 'technically' a mother yet, I can imagine that it is every mother's worst fear that something would happen to their child. Personally, I do feel bad for the parents as of now, as I can only imagine what they are going through, and I will continue to feel that way unless she is proven guilty.
What if she didn't want them and felt this was her way out? I don't know why people are so slow to doubt that the parents could be the guilty ones. It's happened plenty of times. And probably more than we know, even. I, for one, wouldn't be surprised at all.

carole
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh i agree, it would not be a huge shock if indeed the parents or parent is found guilty, but I think it is easy to jump to conclusions about that, they have not got any actual proof of such as yet, the dna stuff is pretty dubious from what i hear.

I can only imagine how horrific it would be to be thought of that way, if you are completely innocent,there are a lot of doubts in people's minds now, including my own,but i like to think innocent until proven guilty.

Well if she did want out of being a mother as it has been put, then why only madeline?

We can go around in circles debating this idea and that, but they are just ideas, only time will tell, and hopefully whoever has done this will be arrested and punished soon, hopefully with Madeline home safe and sound.

I think we have all discussed the issue raised about their lack of care in regard to leaving these children alone,i could not agree more, it is not something i would ever do ,especially in a foreign country, maybe that is why they did not trust babysitters, but in hindsight i bet they are now wishing they had done so, it was a stupid thing to do on their part in my opinion, one they will regret for the rest of their lives,this is assuming the story of her disappearance is indeed true.

Catty1
09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Often someone will be questioned and offered a 'plea deal' to:

a) get a confession from the person being questioned, OR
b) allow the real crook to let his/her guard down and be more easily caught, OR
c) that the real crook might come forward and admit their guilt rather than let an innocent person be charged. This is NOT likely, IMO, unless it is a first offense.

I don't know if Mrs McCann is guilty or not...I can see an accident happening and the coverup occurring out of sheer panic. But to have it extend to pulling the wool over the eyes of the civilized world???

There is method in the investigators' madness, I suspect - and they aren't making it public, because criminals have TVs and internet too.

I just hope all is solved for the best...

Pawsitive Thinking
09-12-2007, 04:06 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/12/madeleine-police-we-might-not-have-enough-evidence-89520-19777111/

While all this is going on who is searching for Madeleine?

Babyboonie
09-12-2007, 04:33 AM
Quote from the above article:

"Detectives also announced they want to quiz Praia da Luz Catholic priest Jose Manuel Pachico to find out if Kate and Gerry have made any confession to him about their daughter, who vanished from their holiday apartment on May 3 as they had a meal.

A source said: "Police are interested in knowing what he has been told and if the McCanns confided in him." The priest befriended the couple and gave them the keys to his church, which could be searched today."

Surely they are not allowed to do this? Jose is a priest and a church is a sacred place?

It seems to me that the Portugese Police are desperate to plant this whole thing on the parents rather than actually searching for the real criminal.

I don't know what to believe anymore, but I keep hoping and praying it's not the parents, accident or not.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
The article also mentions

The judge told officials he is urgently seeking "an object". It was not clear what it was, but possible items could be Madeleine's cuddle cat and the hire car.

If it is cuddle cat then Kate took it with her to the police station when she was questioned last week :rolleyes: She was seen to leave without it so my guess is that the police have it.....

Pawsitive Thinking
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Maybe, just maybe, all this media attention on Kate and Gerry will mean that Madeleine's abductor will relax a bit more and let her out in the open.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/12/nosplit/nmaddy712.xml

Call me naive but I still do not and will not believe that her parents have anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance

Pawsitive Thinking
09-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Here's what one of our least reputable newspapers has to say about it all today...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,2005320001,00.html

I really don't know what else to say....**shakes head in despair**

carole
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Brody's Mom, i think you are like me, you try to think the best about people, but sadly things are not looking good for the parents, i don't know what to think anymore, the media sure stirs one's mind up, you think one thing, then another, i do have serious doubts now, but honestly i really really hope it is not the mother,even more tragic in a way.,i so wish madeline was safe and hope this is the case still.

Catty1
09-14-2007, 06:36 PM
From the Telegraph in the UK, Sept 14/07....could SOME common sense actually be surfacing? :eek:

Portuguese police appeared to take a step back from charging Madeleine McCann's parents last night after a senior officer said they had "nothing concrete" to implicate them in her disappearance.

Detectives may be depending on Kate and Gerry McCann making a confession, a Portuguese newspaper reported. They were declared formal suspects a week ago, and are now back in Britain.

A "high-ranking" officer in the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) - Portugal's criminal investigation department - said the evidence was not even strong enough to prove whether Madeleine was dead.

The unnamed PJ officer told the 24 Horas newspaper yesterday: "We have nothing concrete. There are a lot of indications, but without more elements it's impossible to determine what happened in those four vital hours [between 6pm and 10pm on the night of May 3, the night Madeleine disappeared].

"Even if the blood and traces gathered in the car or in the apartment were confirmed to correspond 100 per cent to the little girl's DNA, that wouldn't prove anything. . . just that the body had been transferred in the vehicle."

Pawsitive Thinking
09-17-2007, 05:43 PM
I have a horrible feeling that all the allegations that have been thrown at Kate McCann have detracted from the real victim in all this - little Madeleine!

What if she is still alive? What if she was abducted? Where is she?

I, for one, won't stop thinking of that little girl until I have solid reason to celebrate or grieve

Pawsitive Thinking
09-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Seems the all the speculation may be wrong after all :rolleyes: How these two are managing to cope is beyond me

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/18/ray-of-hope-for-maddy-parents-89520-19806577/

Hellow
09-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Bump. Still have high hopes that the little girl will be found...

Pawsitive Thinking
09-24-2007, 04:09 AM
The "case" against Kate and Gerry appears to be falling apart but the police in Portugal are no longer actively searching for Madeleine either....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/24/mccanns-we-ll-find-maddy-ourselves-89520-19836742/

So, keep your eyes peeled folks - she may still be out there somewhere

Pawsitive Thinking
09-25-2007, 06:09 AM
**bump**

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/25/give-mccanns-closure-89520-19842573/

Pawsitive Thinking
09-26-2007, 04:07 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/26/is-madeleine-mccann-in-morocco-89520-19848259/

Karen
09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
No, they found that that was the 5-year-old daughter of an olive farmer.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/26/portugal.missing.girl.photo/index.html

lvpets2002
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
:( Darn & I was hoping it would have been this wittle missing child.. Everyone here at work thinks the girl is dead.. How so horrible..

Hellow
09-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Dang it!!! I don give an dang about her parents anymore, i just care about little Madeleine. I cant imagine how scared she is by now, not seeing her parents for i dunno how long, I just wish the abductors would turn them self(s) in so this little girl can go on in life.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-27-2007, 05:06 AM

Pawsitive Thinking
09-28-2007, 03:44 AM
I heard on the news this morning that the police in Portugal are now working on a theory that the McCann's buried Madeleine's body when they went to Spain to "search" for her..........um.....how exactly.............

There are now fears for the state of Kate's health

xVelvet_FuzzButtx
09-28-2007, 05:55 AM
I guess its happened several times more recently, but after all this time I really doubt she's alive. and I question if they'll even find her body I'm sure part of this is my pessimistic nature, I dunno. one scary thought since she was "abducted" in europe is child slavery(sexual) or human traficing and I personally would rather her have passed away then suffer through that.

I do hope they find out the truth though. dead, alive, cover up, or kidnapped.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-02-2007, 07:54 AM
150 days too many

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEuQn5rWPa0

Pawsitive Thinking
10-03-2007, 05:29 AM
The bungling Portuguese police chief running the Madeleine McCann probe was last night kicked off the case by furious bosses.

Officials demoted boozy chief inspector Goncalo Amaral after he launched an astonishing public attack on parents Kate and Gerry and British detectives.

The 48-year-old accused the McCanns of manipulating the investigation and claimed police here are pandering to the family.

His outburst angered bosses who decided it was the final straw in a series of embarrassing blunders during the investigation to find missing four-year-old Madeleine.

A Policia Judiciaria spokesman said: "Goncalo Amaral has been removed from the DIC (Portugal's CID) in Portimao and all the cases it is dealing with.

"We cannot make any comment on the reasons for his dismissal. But he did not resign, he was removed."

The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "We are aware of what's happened and simply cannot comment.

"However Kate and Gerry have consistently said they are willing to co-operate with Portuguese authorities and will continue to do so, regardless of who is in charge of the hunt for Madeleine."

A source close to the family added: "Things like this are frankly just a distraction, what they want is for people to concentrate on the search for Madeleine.

"The most important thing is that the inquiry is led by someone who can do a professional and good job and help them find their daughter."

Amaral accused doctors Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, of distracting the investigation. And he said of Leicestershire detectives: "British police have only worked on what the McCanns want them to work on, and which is most convenient for them.

"They have only investigated tips and information developed and worked on for the McCanns, forgetting the couple are suspects in the death of their daughter."

But a source close to the couple, both 39, said: "It's wrong. Leicestershire police are not doing anything at Gerry and Kate's behest. They are there for liaison."

Amaral was number three in the investigation but in charge of running it on a day-to-day basis from Portimao.

He works as little as four and a half hours a day and takes boozy three-hour lunches despite a mountain of Madeleine leads to investigate.

The inspector also vented his anger that Leicestershire police were following a wild tip emailed to Prince Charles's website.

It suggested a disgruntled maid at the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz where Madeleine vanished from on May 3 may have kidnapped her.

Amaral, who will be moved to Faro, ranted: "The lead has no credibility. This story about kidnapping for revenge is another lead worked on by the McCanns.

"Everything said by employees, current or former, has already been investigated by the Policia Judiciaria."

But the McCann family source said: "The lead was passed by Clarence House to the Met Police and they took it seriously because it was from a real woman and she had left the Ocean Club in bad circumstances."

Amaral has probed just two child murders in his 26-year career.

He is under investigation for allegedly helping cover up a police beating to extract a confession from Leonor Cipriano, 36, the mother of a missing girl.

She is serving 16 years for the murder of her eight-year-old daughter Joana, even though the body has never been found and she has retracted her statement.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-12-2007, 05:49 AM
**gentle bump**

Please don't forget about her

Gerry's Blog/Diary
Day 160 - 10/10/2007

After a few days of ridiculous newspaper coverage in the UK and Portugal it was heartening to hear of the statement this evening from Mr Ripeiro, the National Director of the Judicial Police in Portugal. He has again emphasised that all lines of the investigation, not only Madeleine’s death, are open and that much of what has been written is pure speculation and in some cases misinformation. Scientific reports that we drugged our children clearly fall in to the latter category.

In the coming days and weeks we hope that only factual material is reported, allowing everyone to focus on finding Madeleine and who took her.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-15-2007, 09:42 AM
It seems inevitable that this little girl is dead.....still hoping for a miracle though

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/10/15/is-madeleine-mccann-in-reservoir-89520-19952559/

Pawsitive Thinking
10-17-2007, 08:19 AM
No news and it all appears to be losing momentum. Will still post from time to time for anyone who may be interested

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
This must be sooooo hard for her parents...! After all, they have 2 more children, and life goes on... :(

Catty1
10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/10/27/if-shes-alive-lets-find-madeleine-mccann-with-34902300213/

If She’s Alive: let’s find Madeleine McCann with +34.902.300.213
October 27th, 2007 by Daniel
In Sections: News

Madeleine McCann

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2007/10/madeleine-mccann-phone.jpg

I am sure everyone wants Madeleine McCann found if she’s alive, no matter what their beliefs are on who kidnapped her.

So lets find Madeleine McCann by letting the world know there is an anonymous phone line that can be reached on +34.902.300.213

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been told that she is most likely in the Iberian Peninsula; this area includes Spain, North Africa, Andorra and Portugal.

The McCanns are hoping that the private investigators they have hired in Spain, find their missing daughter.

If Madeleine McCann is alive, then it will help a lot if the world new that there is an anonymous phone line, so if you feel like helping in anyway then at least write down that number and pass it on (+34.902.300.213).

Hellow
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Bump. I just wish they would fnd the poor little girl, even if she is dead.

G535
12-14-2007, 03:05 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22919647-2,00.html

Saw this today.

Hellow
01-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Aww, i feel bad for the parents for not being able to spend christmas and new years with their little girl. Sad :(. I hope they find her soon! How long ago was it when she went missing?

Pawsitive Thinking
01-03-2008, 04:44 AM
I hope they find her soon! How long ago was it when she went missing?

245 days ago

Hellow
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
245 days ago

365 - 245 = 120 days until she has been gone a full year :(.

KittyGurl
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
It is so sad why someone would want to kidnap a little girl. :( I can't help but blame the parents too cause they shouldn't of left their kids all alone in an unlocked aparment where someone could easily break in. I hope Maddie gets found soon. She looks like a sweet little girl. :(

Hellow
03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Huuge bump cause this thread deserves it! I found a CNN website that has all the recent news about Madeleine. Link: http://topics.edition.cnn.com/topics/madeleine_mccann

Pawsitive Thinking
03-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Thanks Reggie!

Catty1
03-14-2008, 02:12 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=534130&in_page_id=1770

Catty1
03-16-2008, 04:16 PM
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_15596.shtml

The Portuguese lawyer who had been financing the search of a reserviour says he can no longer afford to continue.
The Spanish detective agency Método 3 has said that some bones found in a plastic bag at the bottom of a lake in Portugal are not those of the missing British youngster Madeleine McCann. The Portuguese Judicial Police confirmed that the bones are from a small animal.

for more, click on link

Hellow
04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
HUGE bump!

Catty1
04-18-2008, 10:05 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/16/nmaddy116.xml

Madeleine McCann mystery will be solved, say police

By Bonnie Malkin and agencies
Last Updated: 3:23am BST 18/04/2008

Portuguese police have insisted they will solve the mystery of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.
# In full: The Madeleine McCann investigation

Faro police chief Guilhermino Encarnacao, who is in charge of coordinating the investigation into the missing girl, has brushed off criticism of his force.
advertisement
Click to learn more...

He insisted the to insist the case was moving forward.

Madeleine McCann investigators have been locked in a war of words with the four-year-old's parents and their press spokesman Clarence Mitchell following the leaking of the couple's police statements.

Last week Mr Mitchell demanded an inquiry into how the McCanns' witness statements - given shortly after their daughter vanished - had been leaked and claimed it was another attempt to smear the couple.

In a rare public statement, the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) then criticised Mr Mitchell for his "baseless intervention".

Dr Encarnacao, speaking after a meeting between public prosecutors and police who travelled to Britain for fresh interviews with the McCanns' holiday friends, said: "Everything's going well.

"The inquiries carried out in the UK are progressing in the best way possible."

He said the police were not "vulnerable to pressure" from any party involved.

"The investigation will bring its results, whoever they hurt."

The pledge came as a clairvoyant claimed Madeleine McCann died in an accident.

Last week it emerged that Robert Murat, the British expatriate made a formal suspect over the disappearance of Madeleine, has begun one of the largest libel claims in the history of British media.

The 34-year-old, who lived close to the Portugal apartment where the missing girl was last seen, has launched libel proceedings against 11 newspapers and one television network.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-19-2008, 04:30 AM
It will be a whole year next month :(

Catty1
04-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I have a feeling that it is one of those cases that will be solved in 10 years...maybe someone will feel safer in coming forward at that time...

Or it will be a feature in an "Unsolved Cases" broadcast many decades from now...

He** to not have closure, or have evidence to charge someone.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-19-2008, 02:17 PM
After this length of time I wonder how the poor little mite would re-adjust to being back home........I dread to think what horrors she has endured

Catty1
04-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Denise...sadly, I don't think being back home will ever be an option...not alive anyway.

Someone could have gotten a ton of money to give her back. And...nothing. :(

I hope I am wrong...

Pawsitive Thinking
04-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Would be wonderful to be 100% wrong in this case.......we can only pray for Madeleine and her parents

Pawsitive Thinking
04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
With the 1 year anniversary looming Kate and Gerry have posted a message on their website

Keep them in your thoughts