PDA

View Full Version : Hubby turned 50.....

carole
05-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Yep my beloved turned the big 50 yesterday, today in the US of A,we had a small celebration at home with the family, my son and his partner Amber came down from Auckland, and my parents, all went well.

I had playfully suggested hubby shave off his moustache, he has had this all the time we have been married, coming up 16yrs and i have only ever seen him in a photo without when he was young, well come sunday he did the deed. OH DEAR what a huge mistake that was,honestly if he came knocking at my door in different attire i would not have known him, i may have thought he was familiar but that is all, i cannot believe a bit of facial hair can make that much of a difference, but it has, it is like a stranger looking at me with the same voice and mannerisms, hence to say Yip he is growing it back, and fast i hope,then i can have my old steve back again lol. :) :D

Marigold2
05-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh my gosh. I remember when my husband turned 50, so old I thought. Now that I am 48 it seems kinda young. Happy Birthday to him.

Logan
05-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Carole, it sounds like you guys had a great celebration.

My husband has always had a moustache and goatee since I met him. One day he shaved them off and it took Helen and me a whole day to notice! :o

carole
05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh my gosh really Logan, I simply would not have recognised my hubby, he looks so different, amazing what a bit of hair can do for your appearance, he is way cuter with one,just have to put up with those bristles when he kisses me lol. :)

joycenalex
05-08-2007, 09:02 PM
hey 50 is young! happy birthday!