PDA

View Full Version : New Camera!

cmayer31
05-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I've been tossing and turning about purchasing a new camera. I really do love my Canon S3IS, but I've been wanting more and after shooting with my cousins Nikon D40 I knew I had to have a DSLR. I'm using the Utah camping, PT meetup, Strut Your Mutt event as an excuse to rationalize the purchase, but mostly it's just because I really wanted it. ;)

I played with a lot of cameras from many manufactures but as soon as I picked up the Pentax K10 it was like it was meant to be. It feels great in my hands, has shake reduction, a sealed body, and a lot of bang for the buck in my opinion.

Anyhow, here's the first actual picture I took with it:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cmayer31/Pentax/first_pentax.jpg

It's going to take a lot of getting used to, but I welcome the learning curve. Bring it on camera :D

Daisy and Delilah
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
GREAT PICTURE!!! Awesome, as a matter of fact. Congrats on the new camera. I can't wait to see all the new pics of Frankie and Riley :D :D

cloverfdx
05-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Ohh congrats :D. Have fun learning all about the manual stuff.

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Congrats! I want an SLR so badly - just can't afford one at the moment. I can hardly wait to see some new pictures of your girls. :)

Almita
05-07-2007, 10:48 PM
That's great that you got a new camera! Mine's a Canon SD630. I love the picture you took

shais_mom
05-08-2007, 12:08 AM
looking forward to allll the new pics! :)

Vela
05-08-2007, 07:51 AM
LOL I'm lucky if I can pull out my Canon and get any kind of decent shot at all! You guys with your "special" cameras take such great pics hehe. Photog is not my thing, I just don't have time to do it properly or play around with it, but I sure enjoy everyone else's pictures they get with it! Congrats on the new purchase.

Chica
05-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Me too, I am looking forward to more pics. :)