PDA

View Full Version : A Good Article About Cat Friendly Cleaners

krazyaboutkatz
05-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Here's a good article about what to use around cats when cleaning etc. Clean Green For A Cat Safe Home (http://cats.about.com/cs/cleaningmesses/a/cleangreen.htm).

Randi
05-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks KAK, these are good tips. I've always been using winegar for lots of things. Pour a whole bottle of it in your electric kettle every few weeks, then pour it in another container and put your shower nozzle? in it. All chalk will be gone in an hour. You can re-use the winegar several times. ;)

lvpets2002
05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
:) Thanks Tracey that is a good article.. I knew Vinegar had multi use.. But didnt know of the window & floor wash.. thanks

krazyaboutkatz
05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
You're both very welcome. My bathroom sink was becoming clogged and I tried the liquid plumr but it still didn't do the job. This is when I decided to look for something more natural on the internet. I tried the 1 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of hot vinegar. I let it sit for about 1 1/2 hours and then I poured hot water down the drain. It's now finally unclogged. I'll never buy commercial drain uncloggers ever again.:)

Catsnclay
05-07-2007, 12:07 PM
We have switched from using expensive cleaning products to just using vinegar & bleach (although not together!)

I know have a spray bottle with vinegar & water mixture, and when ever Yoshi sprays - :rolleyes: - I clean it up with that instead of a chemical cleaner. Plus it leaves a nice clean smell in the house!

rg_girlca
05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks Tracey for posting this. I found it very informative and have save it to my favorites.

catmandu
05-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Thank You so much.
Now when I eat at a Fast Food Place I will raid the vinegar tray.
I always raid for other condiments not I will be getting a cleaning agent!!
FREEE!!!!!!!

lvpets2002
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
:) Oh I know what you mean Tracey.. I am so so carfull on what is used around the house due to the girls.. I try anything that is NOT TOXIC.. I go for Natural stuff anyday..
You're both very welcome. My bathroom sink was becoming clogged and I tried the liquid plumr but it still didn't do the job. This is when I decided to look for something more natural on the internet. I tried the 1 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of hot vinegar. I let it sit for about 1 1/2 hours and then I poured hot water down the drain. It's now finally unclogged. I'll never buy commercial drain uncloggers ever again.:)