PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

shais_mom
05-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I just realized I have a bag of
CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE CAT LOVER'S SOUL ADULT LIGHT CAT FOOD.
I tried to look online and the only thing that is recalled on their list is the kitten and puppy CANNED foods. This is dry food.
I'm wondering if I should just throw it out - or if I should use it.
I didn't keep my receipt from the pet store so I doubt if I can return it.
I don't want to risk anything but what would YOU do?

luvofallhorses
05-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't take the chance. just throw it out.

Lady's Human
05-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I'd look at the ingredient list, and if there's any gluten products in it at all I'd heave it.

lizbud
05-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't take the chance. just throw it out.

Me too. :( I wouldn't feel right about feeding it.

shais_mom
05-06-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't see any gluten products on the list but I don't think I'll chance it.
This recall STINKS!

joycenalex
05-06-2007, 05:27 PM
out! out! OUT! and it's sad that it's come to that. BTW, how is keegan?

Pam
05-06-2007, 05:36 PM
My point of view is a little different. I actually bought Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul dry after I became worried about Nutro as a result of the recall involving their canned foods. I was feeding Nutro lamb and rice dry. At the time I switched back to Chicken Soup, Diamond Foods (makers of Chicken Soup) was not on the recall list. I believe my daughter still feeds her kitties Chicken Soup for Cat Lover's Soul dry. You are right. This recall is making everyone very edgy. :(

Freedom
05-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I use Chicken Soup - there is NO reason to toss their dry kibbles. They make all the dry stuff themselves, they don't sub it out to Menu, Diamond or anyone else. And they DON"T put that wheat rice or gluten stuff in there.

The only 2 canned products they had to recall, were not even supposed to have the gluten in it. The company that does the canning put it in without telling them; it doesn't even appear on the label.

They seem to be a very good company and their food is excellent quality.
Here is the link to their web site:

http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/

The products being withdrawn were not formulated or labeled to contain rice protein concentrate. The rice protein concentrate was put into our products without our knowledge. It should also be noted that we have not received any notices of pet illnesses. All tests received to date verify the absence of any contaminants. No other Diamond brand or Chicken Soup brand canned or dry pet food formulas are affected by the American Nutrition recall.
We are appalled that this action was necessary, and will continue to work with the FDA on this issue.

shais_mom
05-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone - I always felt CSFTS was a very good brand of food that's why I bought the bag before they were recalled. I thought there was no chance they would be recalled! :( But there are so many "good" foods on that list.
I did find about a half dozen Nutro pouches that were hidden - I didn't know I had - those are in the trash now. There must have been a reason why I didn't see them!
Keegan is doing fine - hopefully she will get the tube out tomorrow....