PDA

View Full Version : Bad Breath

Taz_Zoee
05-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I need ideas on how to get rid of bad breath. Zoee was skunked last Sunday, and of course she still stinks. But I am noticing her breath reeks like skunk too. She was sprayed dead on in the face (of course), it got in her brown eye and her mouth. Her face and body is not as bad as it was, but her breath is nasty.
Any suggestions?

Taz_Zoee
05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
*bump :confused:

elizabethann
05-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Well I give Fenway "Breathies". They're from dogswell.com. Not sure if they will help. They're just snacks for bad breath. I think they have a bit of mint in them.

IRescue452
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Spike her water bowl with a little non-alcoholic creme de menthe?

Taz_Zoee
05-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I did buy some breath mints at Petsmart yesterday. I can't remember the name of them, and I'm at work right now. I have only given her one so far. And I also bought some toothpaste and a toothbrush. But I'm scared to try it. LOL My niece was going to do it for me last weekend, but we forgot. I will attempt it and if I can't do it, I'll wait to have my niece help me.
I was just curious if anyone knew a specific remedy for skunk breath. :rolleyes:
Thanks again. :D

elizabethann
05-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I did buy some breath mints at Petsmart yesterday. I can't remember the name of them, and I'm at work right now. I have only given her one so far. And I also bought some toothpaste and a toothbrush. But I'm scared to try it. LOL My niece was going to do it for me last weekend, but we forgot. I will attempt it and if I can't do it, I'll wait to have my niece help me.
I was just curious if anyone knew a specific remedy for skunk breath. :rolleyes:
Thanks again. :D

Well since they say a skunked dog should be dipped & washed in tomato juice, why don't you try giving your dog some V-8? :)

Daisy and Delilah
05-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Good luck with this!! Skunky breath. Hmmmmm........it's a mystery to me what to do for it. Maybe some of thise breath control treats? :confused:

Taz_Zoee
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Well I went to Petsmart again today (for kitty litter) and my friend was talking about greenies or something. The girl behind the counter heard and said she used these one treats made by Denta Green called Big Bone. Her pug usually has very bad breath and these make his breath bareable for about 4 days. So I bought a pack. We shall see how it works tonight. :)
As for the tomatoe juice....I did that the morning she was skunked (I had a pink dog for a while :p) but that only masks the smell temporarily, at least on her. I have been bathing her with peroxide, baking soda and soap to get the smell out of her fur. It's working pretty good.
Thank you! :D