PDA

View Full Version : Update On Lady - LADY IS GONE.....

Reachoutrescue
05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Well we just got back from Paws Chicago. Lady was tested for Heart Worms. IT WAS NEGATIVE!!!! I am so happy that is was negative...but now we need to go further to see what is exactly going on with her. The vet at Paws said she has a heart murmur. Her skin is a little yellow and her pulse is irregular. The vet believes it is something with her liver or splean, as her stomach is hard and feels like there is a mass there. So the next step is getting her in to my vet for blood work and x-rays. I have a little money saved up in a nest egg, but it is only about $150.00 and I was going to use it for the altering and vaccinating of Lady's puppies. They are all ready to go home, but have to be vetted first. So now I am not sure what to do. I am going to call the vet tomorrow and talk to them about payments or something. I still owe them money so I don't know what they will say. Any suggestions? I know this is going to run us some money...but I have to find out what is wrong with this girl. Thanks for listening everybody.

joycenalex
05-06-2007, 01:02 PM
does your vet know lady and the puppies are rescues? sometimes a vet will give a break if they know that. and BTW, she's a beauty.

Reachoutrescue
05-06-2007, 01:06 PM
does your vet know lady and the puppies are rescues? sometimes a vet will give a break if they know that. and BTW, she's a beauty.
The vet knows they are rescues, but since we do not yet have our 501c3 they will not give us any discounts. They may take payments. Theya re closed today, so I will call and talk to them tomorrow. I am trying to find a way to raise some money for this. Like I said, I have some money saved, but I have to get the pups vetted so they can go to their new homes. That will bring in a little money too.

lizbud
05-06-2007, 04:43 PM
The vet knows they are rescues, but since we do not yet have our 501c3 they will not give us any discounts. They may take payments. Theya re closed today, so I will call and talk to them tomorrow. I am trying to find a way to raise some money for this. Like I said, I have some money saved, but I have to get the pups vetted so they can go to their new homes. That will bring in a little money too.

You are doing a great job with Lady and all the pups. :) This can be
so costly for one person to rescue and vet the animals. :( I know cause
I did it for stray cats in my area, till I had to stop all but feeding. I hope
you manage to get the 501 statis, I know it would help. My vet (retired),
gave me great rates to get shots,spay/neuter, etc. and even placed a
few kittens himself.

I do hope this Vet can at least, give you a payment option.

Reachoutrescue
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
You are doing a great job with Lady and all the pups. :)

I do hope this Vet can at least, give you a payment option.
Thank you Lizbud. It is hard, but worth it. I can only hope the vet will work with me. I will post an update after I talk to the vet in the morning.

Daisy and Delilah
05-06-2007, 08:39 PM
As a Pet Talk group, I hope we can all help this sweetheart. She's such a pretty baby and has never had a good life. I will be willing to help with what I can. Any more helpers out there?

Reachoutrescue
05-07-2007, 09:18 AM
As a Pet Talk group, I hope we can all help this sweetheart. She's such a pretty baby and has never had a good life. I will be willing to help with what I can. Any more helpers out there?
Thank you D & D for offering to help us. Lady really needs it and I know if she understood, she would be thanking you herself!!

I just got off the phone with the vet. He will actually be back in the office tomorrow, so they set up an 11:15 appointment for Lady....I have no idea how I am going to pay for it. I asked them about payments and they said it is up to Doctor Waylan...he is the head doctor and boss of everything. He is who will be seeing Lady tomorrow. They said people are more then welcome to call in and place money on her account just to give them my name and Lady's name as well. They don't care as long as they get paid, right? So now I am going into the vets tomorrow blind. I do not own a checking account, so I can not write a post dated check. I won't have any money til' Friday and the $150.00 I do have has to go towards the balance I already owe Lepar or they will not see her. So there it is. I am going to contact IMOM and see if they can help. If anybody has any other suggestions, please let me know. Do I reschedule the appointment or go in empty handed? I so don't know what to do. Thanks for listening to me complain, sorry for burening you guys with this.

On another note, Lady did very well last night. She seemed so full of energy and her gums looked a little better. She even ate very well. I gave her some chunked raw beef, some raw chicken breast, and a few chicken gizzards and hearts with Missing Link sprinkled on top. I had to feed her by hand for the most part, but she ate. She even played (for like 3 mins) with Benley, one of her pups. Today she is mopey again, her gums are a little lighter then last night, and she spit out almost all the food I tried feeding her this morning. I just don't understand. I was so happy last night and thought maybe it was depression...but I know that is not the case. Prayers are still needed. Thanks PT. Sorry for rambling on and on. I am just so stressed over this, and I am so worried.

Daisy and Delilah
05-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I hope for the best for this girl, Tracy. I am just seeing this post. I hope you decided to take her in with or without the money. Surely we can get some help going for her. Did you contact IMOM yet? I am so hoping the vet told you he would let you make payments. I think it goes without saying, she needs help right away. Are there any other rescues that might help? We need a Pet Talk miracle to happen here. Does anyone have any suggestions? :( Please keep us posted Tracy. :(

I am willing to donate what I can. I PM'd you. I just got your PM. I think ours crossed in the mail ;) Can anyone help this precious girl have a good life?

Reachoutrescue
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I hope for the best for this girl, Tracy. I am just seeing this post. I hope you decided to take her in with or without the money. Surely we can get some help going for her. Did you contact IMOM yet? I am so hoping the vet told you he would let you make payments. I think it goes without saying, she needs help right away. Are there any other rescues that might help? We need a Pet Talk miracle to happen here. Does anyone have any suggestions? :( Please keep us posted Tracy. :(

I am willing to donate what I can. I PM'd you. I just got your PM. I think ours crossed in the mail ;) Can anyone help this precious girl have a good life?
I am still taking her in tomorrow. I am not going to let her sit like this. I have contacted IMOM as well, but with us being a rescue that does not have our 501c3 yet, I am not sure if they are going to help or not.

Lady ate a little bit just now. I gave her some beef chunks, at first she spit them out, but then I gave Dozer one and she saw him eat it....and then she ate it. She had about 10 chunks about 1 inch in size. She drank some water and is now sniffing around and following me everywhere. I am keeping her away from my dogs (Dozer was on one side of our safety gate and she was on the other) just to be sure mine do not get what ever she has. Now she is drinking more water. What a good girl. She goes right in her kennel too....which is where she is now.....okay now she is out. She is moving quite a bit today. This morning scared me, but now she seems a little better. I checked her gums and they look darker too. Can they just go from pale to pink to pale to pink like that? Lady loves the car too. I had to run some water bottles over to Dave (he's working outside today) and she followed me just about out the door, so I took her with. She loved it!

I snapped these pics real quick, couldn't resist.

Here she is in her favorite spot...in front of our front door! (excuse the mess, my boys came home from their dad's and just threw their stuff all over!!)
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Ladyandpups.jpg

In this pic you can actually see how horriblely skinny she really is. She was actually excited in this one....her but was wiggling like crazy...I wish you could see her when she is excited, it is so darn cute!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Ladyandpups072.jpg

And this is my absolute favorite picture of her ever!! I just wish it wasn't so blurred, sorry. She is resting her head on my knee, she does this all the time.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Ladyandpups071.jpg

Well that's it for now. I will post more either later on today, but for sure after the vet's tomorrow. Please continue praying for Lady, she needs it. Thanks PT.

Daisy and Delilah
05-07-2007, 01:37 PM
LOOK AT THAT ADORABLE FACIE!!!!! Who could resist her? She looks happier today, Tracy. What a doll baby!!! I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers :) Please let it be nothing serious-let Lady have a good life for a change :) She wants to be around for her little cute pups :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-07-2007, 01:40 PM

Count me in! Got another pay day coming up...

Reachoutrescue
05-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Thank you so much!! I will update after the vet tomorrow. One day, one paw at a time. Thank you so much guys.

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Poor beautiful Lady. If I had some money I would be sending it in. I hope there is something that can be done for her, and I wish you luck with her at the vet. You really are a wonderful person to take her and her puppies in.

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Poor beautiful Lady. If I had some money I would be sending it in. I hope there is something that can be done for her, and I wish you luck with her at the vet. You really are a wonderful person to take her and her puppies in.
Thank you for the kind words. I really apprecite it. Don't worry about not being able to help Lady finacially, just please say lots and lots of prayers that everything goes well at the vet tomorrow.

Daisy and Delilah
05-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Just wanted to wish you well on the vet visit, Tracy. I'll be checking back for updates. I hope the vet finds that Lady can be easily cured of anything that might be wrong. She deserves to be happy and I would love to hear that she's eating good and smiling. :D Wouldn't it be great if she could play with those adorable roly poly babies? Again, Bless You for trying to save her and help her. Lots of people would have given up by now. We need a PT miracle!!! I'm keeping Lady and you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good work!! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Vela
05-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Poor baby. You know, after looking at her pics and her pups, she honestly looks like a Boxer/Pit mix to me. Some of her pups look more boxerish and she has a boxer shaped head, although a longer muzzle. What a pretty girl she is. Please PM me the information, I will donate some to her care. She deserves a good life.

pitc9
05-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Thinking about you and Lady this morning!

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Poor baby. You know, after looking at her pics and her pups, she honestly looks like a Boxer/Pit mix to me. Some of her pups look more boxerish and she has a boxer shaped head, although a longer muzzle. What a pretty girl she is. Please PM me the information, I will donate some to her care. She deserves a good life.
T thought the same thing when I first met Lady and her babes, but the vet at Lepar they said the pups looked like they were mixed at first, but after they examined them, the believe they are pure pits. The vet at paws said Lady is a pure pittie, she has no doubt of that. I think the pups are mixed though! Vela, I am going to PM you. Thank you.

Thinking about you and Lady this morning!
Thank you very much.

I will post when I get back. Thank you everybody so much.

Daisy and Delilah
05-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Just checking in before I go to work. All fingers and paws crossed here. Hoping for encouraging news!! :)

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, we are home. Dr. Whalen was so nice. He did a fecal on her and found round and whip worms and Coccidea. The worms are being treated by Panacur and the Coccidea will be treated with Albon in a few days. Dr. Whalen felt her stomach and shook his had in dissappointment. Lady has a tumor on her spleen. This is why she does not eat very much and why she is anemic (blood was taken and results come in tomorrow). She needs surgery, it is set up for tomorrow. With out it, she will die with in a couple of weeks. The vet gave me an estimate. The surgery will cost $933.50, but they are contributing $100.00 out of a fund they have called The Lobo Fund. So that brings our estimate to $833.50, providing everything goes well. Dr. Whalen said she has a 50/50 chance of it being cancer, but there is no way to tell until the the biopsy comes back five days after surgery. I have to come up with at least half by tomorrow. I told him I get paid Friday and he said I can come in on Friday with the $185.00 that I still owe him, but he needs something up front for the surgery then he will work with me for the rest. He said after surgery and she recovers they will do x-rays to see if there is anything in her chest, but surgery is the top priority. I have put a request into Pit Bull Rescue Central. They donate up to $250.00. I am also getting things together for IMOM, but since I am a rescue and do not have our 501c3 I may not be approved for that.

Well, I just wanted to let everybody know about Lady. Please say lots of prayers. Right now my head is spinning trying to find ways to pay for this, but it needs to be done. Thanks for listening. I will post more when I know more.

Catty1
05-08-2007, 01:49 PM
IMOM.ORG

I think there is a phone # if it is urgent. Give them a try!

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 01:52 PM
IMOM.ORG

I think there is a phone # if it is urgent. Give them a try!
I just PM'd you.

Vela
05-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Why is he doing x-rays after the surgery? If it IS cancer, and has spread, wouldn't it be better to do x-rays before surgery? If it has spread then it seems that surgery wouldn't do much good anyway. I guess that seems backwards to me, did he give you a reason for doing that?

Poor Lady, I hope it's not cancer.

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Why is he doing x-rays after the surgery? If it IS cancer, and has spread, wouldn't it be better to do x-rays before surgery? If it has spread then it seems that surgery wouldn't do much good anyway. I guess that seems backwards to me, did he give you a reason for doing that?

Poor Lady, I hope it's not cancer.
I did ask him about x-rays and he said he is trying to help me save money on waiting for the x-rays. He said that the mass feels very large and she whimpered in pain when he pressed on it, so he is worried her time is limited. He said if it is not cancer, then x-rays do not need to be done and it will save us money. I agree with you though. That was the only thing I did not like about the visit. I just want to know if it spread. He said "one thing at a time". I guess he knows best, he is the doctor. :confused:

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I spoke with the vet a little bit ago. A few people have called in and we have a total of $210.00 towards her vet bill now. We now need $623.50. I posted a thread on my petfinder and myspace page as well as on Craig's List and a friend posted a thread in Yahoo Groups under Rescue_Pets. I emailed IMOM as well. I am still waiting to hear from Pit Bull Rescue Central. This is a start. I just hope she does not have cancer. Thank you everybody for your support on this.

Daisy and Delilah
05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Just checking in from work. Poor baby :( I'm taking this to mean that he says the tumor has to go asap to increase her chances. Right Tracy? Does he say she has a good chance of survival if the tumor is not cancerous? Sorry for the questions-I'm medically illiterate. I sure hope she makes it. If she can recover, she'll experience a happy life.

With what I'm reading about people contributing and what he said, it sounds optimistic, doesn't it? I'll be donating tonight after I get home.

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Just checking in from work. Poor baby :( I'm taking this to mean that he says the tumor has to go asap to increase her chances. Right Tracy? Does he say she has a good chance of survival if the tumor is not cancerous? Sorry for the questions-I'm medically illiterate. I sure hope she makes it. If she can recover, she'll experience a happy life.

With what I'm reading about people contributing and what he said, it sounds optimistic, doesn't it? I'll be donating tonight after I get home.
Don't be sorry about asking questions. Lady needs surgery no matter what. If she does not get it, she will die with in a couple of weeks because her spleen will rupture. I had no choice but to make the appointment. If it is not cancer, she will be fine he said. He also said there can be two different types of cancer, I can't remember the names though, sorry. One is just in the mass in her spleen and one is worse causing little tumors all over her abdomen, it that is the case, she will be put down. I am staying positive, I have to. I pray to the dear lord....or whoever is up there, that it is not cancer. I wish he did x-rays. Now it is just a waiting game after surgery. She goes in to the vet's at 8:20 am. I will find out what time he is going to do the surgery. I do know she will be there over night. He is hopeful, but he said it can go either way and he just wanted to be sure I was prepared for it. I'm not, but this is part of rescue. No matter how many times death enters my house, I am never prepared. Prayers are needed, that is all we can do. I am a tad closer to the amount we need, we are up to $310.00 last time I called the vet. They are closed now, so I am hoping more people call and donate tomorrow and the next day. Thanks everybody.

Daisy and Delilah
05-08-2007, 09:35 PM
GET WELL LADY!!!

We're really pulling for you sweetheart. Thank you Tracy for being such an angel and trying to save this girl. You're one in a million!!

WELOVESPUPPIES
05-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Dear Lord,

I know you listen to all our prayers, right now we are asking that you lay a healing hand on Lady. Help the vet to remove the tumor completely without any complications. Heal her body fast and allow her to be cancer free. We will never know Lady's whole past but now she has a chance at a wonderful future. We pray all these things in Jesus' name. AMEN

GIANT ((HUGS)) for LADY.

Daisy and Delilah
05-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Still praying as hard as I can here in Florida. Please let us know as soon as you can how she is, Tracy. Bless You :)

Reachoutrescue
05-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Dear Lord,

I know you listen to all our prayers, right now we are asking that you lay a healing hand on Lady. Help the vet to remove the tumor completely without any complications. Heal her body fast and allow her to be cancer free. We will never know Lady's whole past but now she has a chance at a wonderful future. We pray all these things in Jesus' name. AMEN

GIANT ((HUGS)) for LADY.
Amen. Thank you so much for that wonderful prayer.

Still praying as hard as I can here in Florida. Please let us know as soon as you can how she is, Tracy. Bless You :)
Thank you so much D & D.

I just came home from dropping Lady off at the vet. Her surgery is scheduled for 1pm. The vet assistant said Dr. Whalen will call me any time after 3pm. He will then go over all her blood work with me and everything else. We are up to $350.00 in donations towards her account, and D & D is sending $50.00 more....thank you so much. The balance is now $483.50. I have contacted Pit Bull Rescue Central and they are going to try to help as well as the Chicagoland Bully Breed. They are working on helping us too, since I pulled Lady and the pups because they had no room. I will post an update after I hear from the vet. Thank you for all your prayers and support.

pitc9
05-09-2007, 12:11 PM
:( Oh the poor thing! :(
She sure did a great job staying healthy as long as her puppies needed her!
:( Now it's her turn to take care of herself and get healthy so she can see her pups find wonderful Fur-Ever homes!!!
LES.... :(

I would like to donate money, could you please give me the name and Phone # to your vet??
Thanks!

mruffruff
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Ditto!

cassiesmom
05-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Yupper

Reachoutrescue
05-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Thank you everybody. I will PM everybody that has requested the vet's info. You guys are wonderful.

I just got off the phone with the vet. Lady is out of surgery, there were no complications, and she is waking up. Her blood work came back and she is severely anemic. Her blood count was 16 where it should be at least 36. Upon opening her up, they expected to find internal bleeding, a large tumor, and an enlarged spleen. They found her spleen enormously enlarge, but no tumor. There was no internal bleeding either. Therefore, the Dr. is sure it is not cancer. So, now we are trying to find out why she is so anemic and what to do to make her better. Dr. thinks one of two things. One: she was so full of parasites and now that she is being treated her blood count will go up. Two: she has something called Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia. Here is what I found about the disease:

Autoimmune hemolytic anemia
Anemia is a clinical sign, not a disease, and is defined as a decrease in the number of red blood cells (RBCs) or the amount of hemoglobin, resulting in a decrease in the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood. Anemia can be caused by blood loss, decreased production of new RBCs, or an increase in the rate of their destruction, known as hemolytic anemia.

In hemolytic anemia, the RBCs become "defective" in the eyes of the immune system by acquiring markers on the cell surface that are recognized as "non-self."These markers can be true autoantibodies, as in primary AIHA, or can be secondary to drugs, infectious disease, cancer, blood parasites, or heavy metals. Levamisole, certain antibiotics, Dilantin (phenytoin), lead, and zinc have all been implicated as potential causes of hemolytic anemia.

When the spleen and the rest of the immune system is working to rid the body of old, diseased, or damaged RBCs, it is doing its job appropriately. When a large percentage of cells are affected, and they are removed faster then they can be replaced, AIHA results and the animal shows external signs of the disease.

The clinical signs of AIHA are usually gradual and progressive, but occasionally an apparently healthy pet suddenly collapses in an acute hemolytic crisis. The signs are usually related to lack of oxygen: weakness, lethargy, anorexia, and an increase in the heart rate and respirations. Heart murmurs and pale mucous membranes (gums, eyelids, etc.) may also be present. More severe cases also have a fever and "icterus" (jaundice), a yellow discoloration of the gums, eyes, and skin. This is due to a buildup of bilirubin, one of the breakdown products of hemoglobin.

The diagnosis is usually made on these clinical signs as well as a CBC documenting anemia, often with misshapen or abnormally-clumped RBCs. A Coomb's test may be done to confirm the diagnosis. Corticosteroids are the primary drugs used to treat any autoimmune disease. Very high immunosuppressive doses are used initially to induce a remission, and then the dose is very slowly tapered over many weeks or months to a low maintenance dose. Most affected dogs must be kept on steroids the rest of their lives and are susceptible to relapses.

If steroids alone are insufficient, more potent immunosuppressive drugs such as Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) or Imuran (azathioprine) may be added. These chemotherapeutics are very effective, but the dog must be monitored closely for side effects, including a decreased white blood count.

Splenectomy, the surgical removal of the spleen, has also been recommended for nonresponsive cases. This benefits the dog in two ways: less antibodies are made against the RBCs, and the primary organ responsible for their destruction is removed. An animal can live quite normally without a spleen.

Blood transfusions are rarely used. Adding foreign protein can actually intensify the crisis state, increase the amount of bilirubin and other breakdown products the liver must process, and suppress the bone marrow's natural response to anemia. In a life-threatening anemia, cross-matched blood may be transfused along with immunosuppressive therapy.

So our next steps are to get the Coombs test done and hope her blood count goes up. Please pray for Lady, though it is not cancer, it is still very serious. Thank you everybody.

cassiesmom
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh, boy! Let's hope her anemia is due to parasitic infections and not to autoimmune HA. Reachoutrescue I'll mail you a check tonight so it will go out in the a.m. mail. Give her a skritch for me when you see her again.

Reachoutrescue
05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh, boy! Let's hope her anemia is due to parasitic infections and not to autoimmune HA. Reachoutrescue I'll mail you a check tonight so it will go out in the a.m. mail. Give her a skritch for me when you see her again.
That is what the vet and I are hoping for. Thank you so much Cassiesmom. I am going to visit her tomorrow, the vet said to not come in today, just to let her rest. Hopefully, if her blood count goes up and she eats, she can come home tomorrow anyway. I will definetly give her a lot of pets for you!!

cassiesmom
05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
REachoutrescue, I have another question for you. On your Web site there is a Paypal button. I am a 100% Paypal novice. Does your organization incur a fee to process Paypal transactions? I can either Paypal or send you a check, but I don't want you to pay a fee to receive the donation. It doesn't seem right to me that they would charge a 501C3 eligible organization transaction fees to receive donations, but then again, I'm not the person in charge of Paypal. Over and out for now. Hugs and prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
05-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I am so glad there's hope for her, Tracy!!! I am, again, no medical expert, but I think this sounds a bit better. Poor thing has been neglected and mistreated for so long, no wonder she's not well. Thank goodness it's not cancer. It sounds like you have a great vet too. I just have a feeling that this pretty girl is going to be okay!! I've been thinking about you guys all day. Thank God for people like you. I can't say it enough!! :) GET WELL SWEET GIRL!!! :)

pitc9
05-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Yippee!
Great News!

Lets keep our paws crossed that her being anemic has everything to do with her worms!!!

I'll call the vet today with my donation.

{hugs} to you and Lady!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Have sent donation via Paypal - good luck little Lady :D

Reachoutrescue
05-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Have sent donation via Paypal - good luck little Lady :D
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I just called to check on Lady. Dr. Fisher is in the office today and she just got in when I called, so she gave me the medical terms that were on file from last night. Lady ate and drank on her own last night. Dr. Whalen gave her a steroid shot last night as well. They did another blood test before they went home, and her blood count was at 25...which is great. Dr. Fisher is hoping that it turns out to be just because of the parasites. Everybody at the vet's office is just in love with Lady, they all said she is a sweet as ever and in good spirits. She may be coming home today. Dr. Fisher will call me after they do another blood test, around 1pm or so. Let's just hope she is okay. I am feeling alot better now.

I am not sure where we are finacially because they had just opened when I called, Dr. Fisher said she will let me know when I talk to her this afternoon. I know last night we were close to $400.00. I will post an update after I talk to the vet. Lots of prayers please!! Thanks PT, you guys are awesome!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-10-2007, 09:40 AM
sending some positive healing energy your way Lady :D

Daisy and Delilah
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Let's have another PT miracle!! If it's parasites, she will have a great chance. I'm so happy her blood count is up so much today and she ate on her own!! YIPEEEEEEE!!! I'm just ecstatic!! GET WELL LADY!!!!

pitc9
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Great news!!!

pitc9
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I just sent a donation via pay pal to you!

Reachoutrescue
05-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi Everybody.

I just got back from getting Lady. She is resting nicely in my room. She is on three different medications plus a pain killer. Albon for her Coccidea, Prednisone (steroid), Cimetidine (tagamet) for her stomach (I am thinking for infection), and the pain killer Rimadyl. The vet said her blood count is at 24 now and they are hoping it goes up with the steroids. She is going back in on Monday for another blood test. The bill all together after todays final blood work is $1519.30. There have been $550.00, including the Pit Bull Rescue Central Donation (has not been made yet), in donations bringing the balance to $969.30. I am so over whelmed, I thought it was going to be less. The doctor has not credited the $100.00 from their fund yet, so we are back to where we started...$869.30. Now what? Any ideas?

Reachoutrescue
05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I just sent a donation via pay pal to you!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

cassiesmom
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm a nurse so I have to bust in on this one. Tagamet is for the prednisone and I think also the Rimadyl. Prednisone is hard on the lining of the intestinal tract so you give a patient Tagamet to help protect them from getting an ulcer. I looked up Rimadyl, it is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (like a human patient would use ibuprofen or naproxen) and those too can be hard on the lining of the GI tract so you also use Tagamet for that. Also just the stress of being ill can put a human patient at risk of ulcers - maybe a canine patient too. I didn't know until I read your post that a veterinarian can do that for a dog patient just as a doctor would for a human patient! I am so glad her blood count (I'm assuming it's her hematocrit) is increasing. Lady, please take all your medicine like a trouper and let your guardian give you a skritch for me. Over and out.

Vela
05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Uh I have to say, I think you need a new vet. Unless we aren't understanding or getting the whole story, he "saved" you money by not doing x-rays, then charged you 1500 dollars for a surgery he didnt need to do because he didn't do anything when he got in? It doesn't even cost that much to just have a complete splenectomy. For a vet used by a rescue, you need to find a less expensive one it sounds like. I don't think they did you any "favors".

I am glad she seems to be okay though, but that price seems rediculous to me, especially in light of the presurgical quote he gave you compared to that cost, and that fact that he didnt find anything to have to fix!

Reachoutrescue
05-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Uh I have to say, I think you need a new vet. Unless we aren't understanding or getting the whole story, he "saved" you money by not doing x-rays, then charged you 1500 dollars for a surgery he didnt need to do because he didn't do anything when he got in? It doesn't even cost that much to just have a complete splenectomy. For a vet used by a rescue, you need to find a less expensive one it sounds like. I don't think they did you any "favors".

I am glad she seems to be okay though, but that price seems rediculous to me, especially in light of the presurgical quote he gave you compared to that cost, and that fact that he didnt find anything to have to fix!
I do agree, he is very expensive. The splenectomy needed to be done due to how enlarged it was. They also did spay her. I am upset by the bill, and at a lose of what to do now.

buttercup132
05-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm glad she pulled through ok. Now lets just hope she keeps getting better.

Vela
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Ahh okay I didn't realize he had spayed her and done the splenectomy, I guess I misread, but I do still think it's very high, seems like it should only have been around 500-600 dollars total, maybe a couple more hundred for tests, but not 1500=/ If I am able I can try to send another donation but I can't just yet. Glad she's doing okay. Hope she keeps improving.

Catty1
05-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Can you ask the vet for a breakdown of the costs, say it's for your records as you are going to get your non-profit papers in the mail?

That way, each cost has to be justified.

Or is there a veterinary board you can double-check with?

Ginger's Mom
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I am very sorry that you have learned such an expensive lesson. I hope you can find a doctor that you feel more comfortable talking to and working with in the future if you are going to continue taking in special need dogs. You certainly don't want to find yourself in this position again. Good thoughts and prayers going out for Lady.

Reachoutrescue
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Can you ask the vet for a breakdown of the costs, say it's for your records as you are going to get your non-profit papers in the mail?

That way, each cost has to be justified.

Or is there a veterinary board you can double-check with?
They gave me invoices with the break downs. It cost 933.50 for the surgery, 274.28 for the first day she was there (two fecal, uranalysis, blood work, medication for parasites, and office visit), and 311.52 for yesterday and today (covering the coombs test which was 102.33, 4 PCV, 1 Ecg Pre-Anesthetic, 1 hospitalization, 1 blood drawing, and medication, ie steroids, pain killer, and tummy pills). It does all add up, but they are very expensive, they are very good doctors, but very high priced. So that is it. I have gone over it time and time again....and my head is just spinning. Thanks for the support PT and the kind words for Lady. She is feeling okay as she is barking at the noises outside right now. She is happy to be home I think. :)

Daisy and Delilah
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I am so glad to hear she's doing better, Tracy. Please give that sweet girl some kisses from me. GET BETTER LADY AND BE ALL WELL!!! Don't panic. There has to be a way to get this bill paid. I'm so happy he spayed her while was at it too. Good for him. I know she's going to feel like a new girl soon. :) Thank you so much for taking care of her. You're a great person!! :D

pitc9
05-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Yippee that she's home ... but Booooo for the vet bill!
Wow! That's a lot more money then they told you it would be!

I hope she has a speedy and full recovery!
Smooches to her!! And {{hugs}} to you! Everything witll work itself out!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Glad Lady is home and happy. Mr Vet will just have to wait for his money - what's he going to do - undo the surgery???

I will be able to send a further donation soon as Mr Bank Manager has kindly refunded some of the extortionate fees they have been charging me

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2007, 01:09 PM
How is Lady today, Tracy? I'm still hoping and praying that that sweetheart is going to be as good as new soon. How are the little ones? I sent you a PM to tell you that my paypal drama has been solved. Be on the lookout for another donation :) :) :) :) :)

Reachoutrescue
05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
How is Lady today, Tracy? I'm still hoping and praying that that sweetheart is going to be as good as new soon. How are the little ones? I sent you a PM to tell you that my paypal drama has been solved. Be on the lookout for another donation :) :) :) :) :)
Thank you so much for your donation D & D. You are so awesome!!

Sorry for not updating earlier. I worked last night and with that has been going on, I was more tired then expected. Lady is doing well. She is resting comfortably right now. She ate pretty good this morning. I am about to give her her medicine with her dinner, hopefully she will be as good taking it today as she was yesterday. She has an appointment for 9:30am on Monday for retests. Her pups are doing well. I am bringing a fecal into the vets on Monday so they can check for any parasites or other junk, then we can get them treated.

I just want to say thank you to everybody for helping me with Lady. The bill is just about covered. I am overwhelmed by the response I got regarding Lady. Not by PT, cause I know how great you guys are, but by everybody else that was forward my email. I just wish more people cared and less people didn't. I will keep you guys posted. Thank you again so very much.

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
No problem Tracy. Seeing that girl get well is all I need to break out in gigantic smiles!! Isn't it great that she may be able to live a normal life now? No more abuse and neglect. Maybe someday, she'll be our DOTD!!! YAY!! :D You're awesome!!

Reachoutrescue
05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, I just had to snap a couple of pictures of Lady tonight. She was in such a good mood. I came home from taking my boys to there aunts for the night and she was all butt wiggles....it is good to see her almost back to the way she was the day I met her. She ate well again tonight...two 12 oz cans of Natural Choice! She took her meds well too, I hid them in her food and she had no idea they were there. I watched her eat to be sure she took them and she did. Well it is off to work for me. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I will update more tomorrow.

She hates the camera, can you tell?
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Lady005.jpg

She just finished barking at somebody outside, she is quite the guard dog today!! (excuse the mess)
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Lady001.jpg

In her favorite spot, chewing on her favorite bone. She is so content.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Lady004.jpg

Catty1
05-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Awwww...no more sad face! She is looking a bit puppyish with that bone! :)

SO glad you got the bill covered!

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2007, 10:24 PM
What a pretty girl you are Lady!! Thanks for posting those pics of her :) It really does my heart good to see her enjoying herself. :D :) :D

Reachoutrescue
05-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Lady is doing extremely well. She is always happy now and her butt never stops wiggling. She is eating well too. She spends a lot of time chewing on bones!! Her poop is watery, but I am hoping it is just from the food change (wet to dry and different type) or due to the medications she is on. She goes in tomorrow for a check up and more blood tests. I am taking her pup Rascall in with her. He has diarrhea, a small cut on his rear paw that I don't know where it came from, and a little pimple thing on his left eye... So he needs to go in. Then he will have a fecal done as well. I sure hope little guys is okay. I will update after the vet.

Daisy and Delilah
05-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well. I'll be praying that all goes well tomorrow at the vet. Get Well Sweetheart!! I hope Rascal gets a great report too. Thanks for updating. I've been wondering about that cute girl. It does my heart good to know that she's loving her life now. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
05-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Great pictures - good to see her looking so happy. Pay day is tomorrow so I will sending another donation as soon as...

Ginger's Mom
05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
I love that last picture of her with the bone. She looks the way all dogs should look. Contented in their home with their own bone. :) Thank you.

pitc9
05-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Glad to see Lady and to know she's feeling much better!
I hope all goes well with Rascall's check up!

Reachoutrescue
05-14-2007, 01:38 PM
This is not good. First let me start by telling you guys what happened last night. Around midnight Lady urinated blood and she had diarrhea...not just mushy but straight brown water. She didn't eat last night or this morning either. So this morning I took her in (and three puppies as well). No sooner then we walked into the exam room did Lady urinate blood and poop water all over the floor. They took a sample off the floor of the urine and tried doing a uranalysis, but there was too much blood in it. The doctor came in and looked at her gums and shook his head. He said he is very concerned about her. She has spots of blood patches on her gums and they are very pale still. He said it may be something (I can't remember the name, I am sorry) that is causing her body to destroy the platelets in her body. The platelets clot the blood, hence the reason she is urintating blood. He said she is basically bleeding internally. He said treatment is usually two days and if the dog makes the treatment, they do well. He said she could go the other way as well, and if she does not progress with treatment in 48 hours it will be best to put her down. I am waiting for him to call me this evening with an update on her. This is very heart breaking. I said my good byes to her, just in case she does not make it and I told her she was a good girl and I loved her. I am in tears just thinking about this. I know this happens with rescue, but it is never easy. Especailly when this girl is so loving and has been through so much. I just hope whatever happens she knows she was loved by many so very much.

As for the pups, the did a fecal and a parvo test. They were very busy this morning and just squeezed the pups in for an exam, so I am waiting for a call from them with the results. They gave the pups Panacur for worms, the Dr. said it will cover all the worms because their belly's are very bloated. Rascall's paw is okay, he said it will heal on it's own, it is just a scrape. The spot on his eye is a stey (spelling?) and should go away on its' own. He said just to watch it. So that's it.

Please pray for Lady. I pray to god that she either makes a full recovery, or as much I don't want it to happen, goes to the Rainbow Bridge peacefully. At least there she will be free.

Catty1
05-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Prayers for Lady.

Sweetie - even if the worst happens - Lady had more happy wiggle butts with you than she probably had in her whole life! And she knows her kids are safe with you.

LOVE - thank you for loving her...

She is a feisty little girl, and I think she just might make this last hurdle yet.

HUGS!

luvofallhorses
05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
I want you and Lady to know I have been following this whole thread, but haven't had time to post. I pray to God Lady makes it. :( If she doesn't,
she had the best days of her life with YOU! thanks so much for loving her. my heart is breaking with you. :( I will pray very hard that she makes it.
((((HUGS))))

Queen of Poop
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Prayers for Lady. Lots and lots of prayers.

Jadapit
05-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I really haven't been on PT much the last couple of weeks. You and precious Lady have been through a lot. My heart breaks for the both of you. You have done so much for that girl, she is lucky you were the one taking care of her and the babies. I feel like crying, I really do. I pray Lady pulls through this. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

WELOVESPUPPIES
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Dear Lord,

We come to you again and ask that you be with Lady as she is having a difficult time getting better. This baby girl has had a taste of the good life since being rescued and has had the opportunity to know what a REAL home is with loving companionship. Maybe Lady's job on this Earth was to finish raising her babies and see that they got off to go homes. Now that she knows they are in good hands maybe she is meant to go to the Rainbow Bridge where she will be free of all ailments. Her new family would love nothing more but to see her get healthy and live out a long life. If this is not meant to be Lord please comfort them in knowing that they have done everything in their power to help this sweet girl and to give her a peaceful ending. She knows that she was loved since being rescued, we have all fallen in love with her, hearing her story and seeing her sweet face on PT. We know Lord that you know what is best. We pray all these things in Jesus' name. AMEN.

critter crazy
05-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh...Poor Lady, she has been through so much already!! And poor you for having to go through all of this, bless your heart! I pray that she gets better!

cassiesmom
05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Dear Lord,

We come to you again and ask that you be with Lady as she is having a difficult time getting better. This baby girl has had a taste of the good life since being rescued and has had the opportunity to know what a REAL home is with loving companionship. Maybe Lady's job on this Earth was to finish raising her babies and see that they got off to go homes. Now that she knows they are in good hands maybe she is meant to go to the Rainbow Bridge where she will be free of all ailments. Her new family would love nothing more but to see her get healthy and live out a long life. If this is not meant to be Lord please comfort them in knowing that they have done everything in their power to help this sweet girl and to give her a peaceful ending. She knows that she was loved since being rescued, we have all fallen in love with her, hearing her story and seeing her sweet face on PT. We know Lord that you know what is best. We pray all these things in Jesus' name. AMEN.

And, God, I just want to add:
Thank You for the caring veterinarian and staff who have seen to Lady's care thus far...
Thank You for Reachoutrescue and her huge heart ... please bless her organization as she gets it off the ground...
Thank You for giving us the dogs, cats and pets who bless our lives.

AMEN again.

kittycats_delight
05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Tracy I want you to know I have been following Lady from the start and I just haven't known what to say. I am so sorry and I hope with every fiber of my being she pulls through. She is such a special girl. I have made a little something for Lady.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/lady.jpg

((((HUGS))))) to you all
Michelle

Roxyluvsme13
05-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh my gosh, Michelle that's beautiful..

I can't believe this is happening to Lady. It's not fair.

((((HUGS)))) and major prayers being sent her way.

Taz_Zoee
05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Major LES here. I am not a religious person, but these prayers have brought tears to my eyes.
Please know that Lady and Tracy will be in my thoughts.

lizbud
05-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I am so sorry that Lady's condition is so dire. :( The next time you see
the Vet, would you please have the Dr. write down the name of her disease
or medical issue? What treatment is he/she going to be giving Lady?

Reachoutrescue
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I have made a little something for Lady.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/lady.jpg

((((HUGS))))) to you all
Michelle
Michelle, thank you. This picture is so beautiful. It means so much more to me then I think you can imagine. That picture made me cry, both tears of sadness and tears of appreciation to all of the PT members that have been her for Lady and myself.

I am so sorry that Lady's condition is so dire. :( The next time you see
the Vet, would you please have the Dr. write down the name of her disease
or medical issue? What treatment is he/she going to be giving Lady?
I will be sure to get the info from him. I just wish he would call. I called already and he was still very busy. The lady said the results for the Parvo test won't be in till tomorrow. I just hope he calls me about Lady. I am just such a nervous reck.

I try so hard not to get attached to these animals, but when you meet some"one" like Lady, it is hard not to. I do love her, dearly, and I want what is best for....whatever that may be.

Thank you everybody for your wonderful words. I will update once I get some answers.

Grace
05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I wonder if she has DIC - Disseminated intravascular coagulation.

I will keep Lady in my prayers for as long as needed.

cassiesmom
05-14-2007, 06:01 PM

I will keep Lady in my prayers for as long as needed.

I was thinking the same thing ... Or if it could be a hemolytic anemia ... But a lot can happen in 48 hours ... Still praying, fingers and paws crossed ...

Reachoutrescue
05-14-2007, 06:13 PM
That does sound familar. He said it so fast that I was not able to catch the medical name.

I was thinking the same thing ... Or if it could be a hemolytic anemia ...
I was wondering if that was possible, since that was what they originally thought...they are even treating her for that. I just wish they would call.

chocolatepuppy
05-14-2007, 08:40 PM
I will be praying for Lady.

Vela
05-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I just want to hear some good news about lady!

Daisy and Delilah
05-14-2007, 08:59 PM
I am so upset Tracy. I just got on the computer and I'm so sorry to see this. I'm fighting back the tears. All we can do now is to keep praying as hard as we can for this gentle soul. You've done all you can do for her. Bless you. It's in God's hands now. I can only hope that she'll be okay but if she has to go to the bridge, let it be a safe, swift journey. We love you Lady!!! You gave her the only chance she had for a few good days in her life. If she has to leave us, she'll leave her legacy. Her beautiful little pups will remind us of her.

PLEASE GET WELL LADY!!! You're such a fighter and a survivor girl. We just need one more PT miracle for this sweetheart :(

Phred: We need you please :(
Gary: Can you get the Found Cat Angels to look after Lady?

Reachoutrescue
05-14-2007, 09:37 PM
The vet called, but I was putting my boys' to bed and missed the call. He left a message. He said Lady is doing well. Her blood count is a little lower then earlier (it was 24 this morning, but he did not give me a number of what it is now), but he thinks that is due to the IV fluids she has been getting. He said he will call me before 9:30 am tomorrow and talk to me about her. He also said the Parvo test came back negative. So that is a bit of good news.

I want to take a minute to say thank you everybody. This is very hard. But whatever the outcome is, I want everybody to know how appreciative I am of all of you. You have really helped me through this. If it is Lady's time to leave this world, I will miss her deeply, but I will know she left with a heart filled with love and was loved emensely (sorry for my spelling) in return. Her pups will grow on and thrive because her selflessness. They will grow strong and she will watch over them from the Rainbow Bridge, and she will be with my childhood dogs and they will show her around and give her love and plenty of BONES!! I pray that god will make his decision on her soon and not let her suffer anymore. I would love to see her here with me again and better, but I can not be selfish...she never was. Whatever the next days bring...I am prepared. Deep inside my heart I feel as if it is over. That may be grim to some of you, but there is a reason. You see, Lady never kisses on the face...only the hand. When I said my good bye to her she gave me a small kiss on the chin. Whether it was her just licking her lips or if she meant to kiss me, I will never know. But for some reason I feel like she was saying good bye to me as well. I walked out of the vet's office feeling like that was the last time I would see her.

I am sorry if I am depressing you guys, I just needed to tell that to somebody. I know you will understand and support me. Dave is great, but he doesn't understand, if he does he is not good at showing it. Thanks for listening. I hope my feeling are wrong. I will post an update after I hear from the vet tomorrow. Thank you again PT.

Daisy and Delilah
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Thank you for posting so late, Tracy. I can understand how you felt when she kissed you :( I can't stop crying.

You're so right, Lady was never selfish and we can't be either. I still have to keep the faith that it will be God's will to let her stay with us on this earth for awhile. My heart breaks for you. You're such a good person and you go through so much. Thanks you for everything and {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Just know in your heart that she was able to feel love for the first time when she met you. You're an angel walking among us. :(

I can't get over how pretty she is in the picture of her on the prayer that Michelle made for her. She looks so bright eyed and healthy.

luvofallhorses
05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
BIG ((((HUGS)))) to you!! and you're not depressing me, you're telling how you feel and there's nothing wrong with that. If Lady has to go to the bridge, I know with all my heart she will be there waiting for you since you rescued her and gave her so much love and care that she has never had in her life.
Bless your heart for taking her in. You truly are an inspiration and I mean that. I know Lady is very thankful you found her when you did and her puppies, too. I will keep Lady in my prayers. I believe when she kissed you
it was her way of thanking you for giving her the best days of her life and that you did. I really hope she makes it. :(

buttercup132
05-14-2007, 10:30 PM
:( Oh no Lady. Poor girl, stupid people who did this to you!
I hope you pull through. Stay strong.

Tracy your last post was so sad.I really hope she makes it she has fought so much already.

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi God ~

Do Ya see allua Kandilz <glowin> down here onna ole Durt Ball?
They're fur lil Lady ... da sick Pup and A-1 Momma Dawg!

She's worked pretty hard to get da Kids ready fur New Homes ...
now it otta be HER turn to get sum relief ... Kan You Help her out, God?

Iffin You *NEED* a Momma Dawg up at da Bridge ... I guess we'll unnerstand ...
But we'd be happie to have her stay awhile down here.

Whatever ... Thy Will Be Done.

Please give Miz Tracy a big ole {{{God'sHug}}} ... let her know she's Dunn GOOD!

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

K9karen
05-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Tracy, I was so touched by your beautiful attitude. There are things for which we never will get answers. I'm praying Lady recovers, but if not, may she go peacefully and painlessly. I'm sure she understands all you've done for her in her short life. *Sigh*. Sometimes life sucks.

Flatcoatluver
05-14-2007, 11:51 PM
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry. I am so speechless, but you are in my prayers. LES. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Poor little Lady.......I do hope your suffering stops soon, whatever the outcome may be. I have sent another donation towards the vets bills with all my love

LuckyNumber7
05-15-2007, 04:34 AM
Wow. I am praying that Lady will come through this ok.

As someone else mentioned, if the worst does happen, please know that the time that she has spent with you has likely been the happiest time of her life.

Thank you for providing that for her, and keep us posted!

Alysser
05-15-2007, 05:32 AM
I am sorry I have not replied before to this thread, but I've been following it. I am sorry to hear what you and poor Lady are going through, it must be very hard. I will be keeping the beautiful girl in my prayers. ((Hugs))

Daisy and Delilah
05-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Thank you Phred and the Prayer Pups. Hoping for some good news this morning Tracy. Hang in there. We're all with you. I can only imagine the agony you're going through. {{{{{HUGS FOR YOU AND LADY}}}}}

pitc9
05-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Ahh yes.. there's Phred and the prayer pups!

Oh Tracey... I wish I could be near you right now to give you a big hug!
You've done so much for Lady and her pups and she knows it.
You have a great attitude about this and I praise you for it.
We're all here for you and Lady, whatever the outcome may be.

My prayers and thoughts are with you both this morning.

{{{hugs}}}

kittycats_delight
05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Tracy, I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and lady this morning. I hope there is a good update. But know that no matter what the outcome Lady was shown the true meaning of love by you and your family and she knows it. We are all here for you both.

((((HUGS))))
Michelle

K9soul
05-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Prayers going out for you and sweet Lady :(

Reachoutrescue
05-15-2007, 10:54 AM
First I would like to thank everybody for your wonderful support through all of this. Your posts have brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for loving Lady so very much. Brody's Mum, thank you for your generous donation....yet again. You are an angel.

I spoke to the vet. It is not good. He said her illness is Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia and something else that sounded like Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia, but he (again) said it so fast it was hard to understand. This is what I found out about the illness:

IMT (http://www.vetcentric.com/magazine/magazineArticle.cfm?ARTICLE=Thrombocytopenia%3A%20 When%20Your%20Dog%20Suddenly%20Starts%20Bleeding)

He said she did eat well this morning and she is stable. Her blood count yesterday was at 20 and this morning it was at 18. He is very concerned about that. I told him I do not want her suffering he said she is not, she is just very tired and weak. He upped her dose of Prednisone this morning, he is hoping that helps. Dr. Whalen is going to do another blood test at 3pm. He said if at 3 her count is decreased and not gone up, it is time to make a decision. I asked him if I could be there with her and he said yes. He is going to do another blood test at 3pm. He told me to call him around 3:30, then he changed his mind and said for me just to come in. I am not having a good feeling about that.

I am sorry I do not know more. I will update after I get back from the vet office. Please pray for Lady....I have a feeling this is it...I am prepared. If this is what will be done then I will be there with her until the end and help her see her way "home" as hard as it will be. This will be my first time doing this, please pray for me to be strong too. This hurts so much. I know I only knew her a short time, but I feel like my heart is breaking it two. I am going to try to get her ashes, depending on the price, I hear it could be costly ... but at this point ... I just don't care about money.

Prayers .... Just prayers now.

Thank you all so much.

Catty1
05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Your Lady loves you...and I am sure no matter what, she will manage a tiny wiggle butt for you.

HUGS to you...If Lady goes to the Bridge, take time to be gentle with yourself. You may be in shock and 'out of it' for a couple of days or more.

Praying for a turnaround, you never know! :)

I am glad she is feeling no pain.

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Daisy and Delilah
05-15-2007, 11:06 AM
{{{{{Hugs For Tracy And Lady}}}}} :( :( :( :( :(

Vela
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I am so sad to hear this. I so wanted her to live and be happy. AHA is what ended the life of my pup's grandpa when he was only 6. It was very hard on them too. My heart goes out to you both, I really wanted Lady to live. This is just so horribly upsetting. What a horrid day so far. I hope to hear better news this afternoon, but yeah. Give her a hug for me, tell her we loved her too.

Grace
05-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Oh Tracy, my heart goes out to you and Lady. This is never an easy decision to make, but there are times when it is the only way to go. You will be sending her off with all your love, and she will know it.

Get her ashes - you will always regret if you don't. Another check to help with this will be going out tomorrow.

kittycats_delight
05-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Tracy I will be there with you in the vet office holding your hand and helping you comfort Lady. Maybe not physically but in my mind and spirit. Lady has touched a special place in my heart. She really is a very special girl and will have the highest honor waiting for her when she does arrive at the bridge. I will hope beyond hope it is not today and that she will shock everyone and turn things around. She is a fighter this we know and so selfless. If anyone can do it she can. You know if she doesn't make it maybe you can keep one of her babies that way you will always have a special piece of her. A piece she gave all of herself to protect and love and nurture. No matter what that girl knows how much you love her and she will be waiting for YOU at the bridge. She loves you and appreciates all you have done for her and if the lost and greatest love you can show her is letting her go and be at peace she will love you all the more.

((((HUGS))))
Michelle

Please give Lady a kiss for me a tell her she is sooo loved by many. And that she is a very special girl who is a queen in so many eyes.

More ((((HUGS))))
Michelle

Queen of Poop
05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I have been following this and was praying that Lady would be able to turn things around. I still pray for that, with all my might.

Should it turn out for the worse though, know that you've gone above and beyond for her and her wiggle butt was your reward. You did well to take her in and give her a decent home. I've had to say good bye to too many pets over the last few years and it does not get any easier with each one. I cried my heart out over all of them. I also have all of their ashes on a special table in my front room, along with a special toy, dish, collar, etc. My memorial to my loved animals that have gone to the bridge. It has made the parting easier to take.

My thoughts will be with you this afternoon.

cassiesmom
05-15-2007, 11:55 AM
please God ... it's noon and I need Lady's complete blood count to improve by 3 PM ... please let it spike in response to the pred, God, I don't want her to cross the Bridge...

pitc9
05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
:( ...LES..
Oh Tracy... I'm so sorry.
She's put up a good fight, but like you said in an earlier post, it's not right to let her suffer any longer if she's not getting better.
You've given her such a Great home, that's all she's ever wanted. In you she found a wonderful forever home.. no matter how long or short her stay will be.
You are a savior to her and her pups, if it hadn't been for you who knows how long her suffering may have gone on.
If goD sees it necessary to take her, then so be it... please take comfort in knowing that she won't be alone in her passing. All of PT will be with her and we'll all be holding your hand as well. I am so upset and sad about this that it feels like she's one of my own. :( We've all been behind her... cheering her on and we've fought for her and we will till the end.
{{hugs}} to you both.

Jadapit
05-15-2007, 12:08 PM
This whole thing has me in *tears* I pray with all my might that Lady makes a turn around. When you go to the vet please give that beautiful pittie girl a hug and kiss for me. Tracy, I'm so sorry about all this. (((hugs)))

luvofallhorses
05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Tracy,

I will pray with all my heart she makes a turn around. If she does have to go to the bridge, I know she is very thankful for you taking her into your care and you will see her again someday. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lady. ((((HUGS)))) Please give the beautiful girl a hug and a kiss for me when you go back to the vet office.

catmandu
05-15-2007, 02:51 PM
The Pet Angels are with Lady Today not only The Cats , But Regis and Bosco My Dog Angels, who Alll want her to be well for her Pups.
We are praying that Lady can recover and go back to her Home where she is so loved.

Freedom
05-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Prayers for Lady, hugs for you.

Roxyluvsme13
05-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Thinking of you and Lady :(

(((HUGS)))

Any news as of now? :/

Reachoutrescue
05-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I walked into the vets office and Dr. Whalen told me to come in back. Lady's blood count had dropped since this morning. He took me to see her. She got up and came to me...butt wiggling. She gave me kisses on my face and arms as I hugged her and told her I was sorry and that I loved her. I told her everybody loves her even though they did not know her. I told her she did good and she was a good girl, that her puppies were safe now and she can go knowing that. The doctor had me sign the consent form. He offered me her ashes, I said yes. He also offered me a little plaque that has her paw print on it, I told him yes. He led me to a room and put a blanket on the table for her. The vet tech brought her in and put her on the table. I gave her kiss after kiss and pet her and told her again I am so sorry and how much I love her. Dr. Whalen asked me if I was ready and I said yes. He injected it into her IV. She looked at me with loving eyes and layed down and fell asleep. I stayed with her for a about 15 minutes telling her she was "home" now and that she was all better. I kissed her good bye and walked out of the office in tears. I am still shaking. I just wish this would not have happened to such a sweet girl. Now she is at peace. I will miss her so much, I already do. I am so saddened, but so angry at her previous "owners". If only they would have cared for her. If only he would have loved her ... even just a little. It's over now and I loved her and I know she loved me. I just wish things could've been different for her. The vet said he will send me the bill ... at point I just don't care about the bill. I just wanted everybody to know. Rest peacefully my sweet Lady Baby.

Jadapit
05-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm sitting here crying my eyes out! I'm so, so sorry! You did everything you could for sweet Lady. Most of all you showed her love and kindness, I doubt she ever got that from her so called owner. I cant type any more I honestly cant see through my tears.

Roxyluvsme13
05-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. Lady is at peace now, and she had a wonderful life while you were with her.

((((HUGS))))

kittycats_delight
05-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh Tracy, My heart is broken and I didn't even know her so I can't imagine how you feel. She was so very special. If prayers and love could have brought that sweet girl through then she would be home with you right now. Atlast her job her on earth was done. She gave all of herself to her puppies to ensure they would thrive. She was a good momma and a wonderful dog. Bless you for showing her not all people are rotten and that she was a good girl and deserved to be loved.

There is gonna be one hell of a welcoming committee for that special girl. What a day this has been so far on PT. Too many wonderful PT babies have passed in these last few days. I think God must be forming a great committee for some wonderful thing.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences and hugs. Give each of those babies of Lady's a hug and kiss for me and tell them their momma was one in a million she sacrificed everything for them to live. They really are little miracles when you think about it.

God Bless you Lady and Godspeed to Rainbow Bridge. We love you sweet girl and you will be missed more than you can imagine. You have touched many many hearts. You are a golden angel now on RB with Golden Wings. We love you.

((((((HUGS))))))) to you and all your family Tracy. You are a very special lady yourself.

Michelle

WELOVESPUPPIES
05-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Lady. I, along with everyone on here, was pulling for her to get better. She sounds like she was an awesome girl that loved you very much for all that you did for her and her babies. She is now at peace having experienced the love that you gave her and now knows that all people aren't bad. She can rest assured knowing that you found her babies the perfect homes where they will not have to experience the mistreatment that she went through herself. Rest is peace sweet Lady, all of us fell in love with you in the short time you were on PT. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge health, happy and forever loved.

critter crazy
05-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Awwww.....I am so sad! Lady is in a better place now, It is just such a hard thing to go through. There has been so much Sadness here lately. I think all the Animals are havig a party and REquired a few more guests!

Just know that you did everything for lady, and she was well loved!

sabies
05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry for all you and Lady went through. At least she found love before she left us and her pups are ok.

Vela
05-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm just crying my eyes out. First Emerson and now Lady. I expected to hear this but actually hearing it breaks my heart. I really identifed with her, my Ginger went through a lot of the same. Abuse before I got her, had a litter of pups freshly weaned the day I picked her up. SHe also got so sick and was in so much pain and almost died on me too, then I look at her now and she is so happy. I wanted that for Lady. I'm just heartbroken.

You did the best you could for her. At least in her last days you gave her love and happiness and she didn't leave this world alone and unloved.

Scooter's Mom
05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I am so proud of you for what you've done, and what I know you will continue to do. You took Lady in and gave her a home and unconditional love. She proved that she loved you too when you went back in today and she wiggled her little butt at you. The bond you together formed in a very short period, but it was there nonetheless. You made her life immensely better. Thank you for doing that. I know you will go on to do that for many more rescues.

Lady will be waiting for you at the bridge. She will have told all the others how special you are, and on the day you arrive, the others will all be so happy for her to be reunited with you.

Sending you love and prayers,
Crystal

ramanth
05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
I am so sorry. :( :(

RIP Lady.

Daisy and Delilah
05-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I am just now able to get on the computer. I actually dreaded logging on tonight. Somehow, I knew it would be the worst possible news.

At least we all got to meet her and we will always love her. Such a sweet, beautiful girl. She isn't suffering anymore Tracy. I think she knew it was time to leave this earth. Thank you so much for being there with her and loving her all the way. I can only imagine what you're going through. I am another person that can't stop crying. Please keep us up to date on her sweet little pups. She has left us something that she would have been so proud of and we can all look forward to hearing of their progress. At least we know they will know a life that she only experienced for a very short time.

Rest in Peace Sweet Baby Girl :( Play hard at the bridge precious Lady :(
I too, will always love you dearly. :( :( :(

Reachoutrescue
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM
I just don't know what to say. I need to say something, but I can't. I feel numb. I mean she was not "my" dog, she was a rescue, so why is this so hard? Why does it hurt so very much. Why do I feel like I lost my best friend? Why can't I stop crying? My son asked me today is Lady was coming home. I had to hold back the tears as I explained to both my boys that she was in heaven with their grandpa, the other pups we lost, and her other two pups. They seemed to understand, but how can they if I don't? I just am so ANGRY and I don't know why.

I sit here and watch her pups...and I am so happy that they are okay, but sad because she is gone. I look at the bone she loved...Dozer grabbed it today and I almost yelled at him for taking it, then I realized I can't take it away from him because she is gone. She always shared it with him, so it only felt right to let him have it. God, I miss her so.

Thanks for listening. I needed to just let loose. There is more, but I just can't say anything else right now. Thank you for all your support PT.

Alysser
05-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I posted in the other thread..but

I am bawling my eyes out right now. I can't believe how much PT babies are leaving us during this hard time. Alot of pets are sick as well. I feel so sad for them all.

Tracy, she will always be grateful that you tried to give her a happier life. You were the only person there for her and her puppies when you rescued her, and you fought with her so long and hard through this whole thing. You remained strong with her and for her. Lady, of course, fought hard to, but it obviously was her time to play at the bridge. She is finally happy and pain free now, along with her PT pals.

(((hugs)))

RIP sweet girl!! Godspeed. :(

cyber-sibes
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
You gave Lady the greatest gift anyone could give her - you gave her love, and accepted her love with open arms. Even though it was for such a short time, she knew someone cared. She had her very own person, and I think that means the world to every dog. God bless you & your family, and may Lady play happy & free at the Bridge. No more suffering.

Queen of Poop
05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Major LES here. So very sad that you had to let Lady go. I hope she's met my RB doggie Sami, they'd be good pals. Hugs for you dearest. You did a very good thing in bringing her into your life. She will never forget that and you will never forget her.

K9karen
05-16-2007, 12:04 AM
You gave Lady the greatest gift anyone could give her - you gave her love, and accepted her love with open arms. Even though it was for such a short time, she knew someone cared. She had her very own person, and I think that means the world to every dog. God bless you & your family, and may Lady play happy & free at the Bridge. No more suffering.

This is the perfect sentiment..exactly what went through my mind as well.

Remember I was told that my Cody's job was watching over everyone at the Bridge. I've sent him a message to take special care of Lady and I know he will.

Sevaede
05-16-2007, 12:32 AM
**HUGS**

The tears are filling my eyes and I don't quite know what to say. It's so hard to convey.. :(

R.I.P. Lady

Kfamr
05-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm so sorry.

This is too heartbreaking. So many PT RB kids.... :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2007, 03:52 AM
I am so sorry that Lady lost her brave fight :( She is at the Bridge now looking down and smiling because she knows her pups will be safe with you. Thank you for all you did for her

cloverfdx
05-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Sorry for your loss :(.

pitc9
05-16-2007, 07:05 AM
I just got into work and this was the first thing I checked.... I'm bawling like a little baby right now. Co workers are starting to stare... I have to come back to post more later.
Tracy, You are an angel. {{HUGS}}

Rest easy now Lady.

Jods
05-16-2007, 07:19 AM
I am so sorry... :(

sasvermont
05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I just read this thread. Let me know if I can help with the bill. You are truly an angel.

((((((((((((Lady)))))))))))))

mruffruff
05-16-2007, 08:08 AM
My heart goes out to you. Lady was a special dog.

She gave you the ultimate gift, to trust you with her babies.

I'll let Samson know she's on her way. He'd love a sweet girl like Lady.

Reachoutrescue
05-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Thank you everybody. Your words mean so much to me and I know they mean a lot to Lady. I know she is better now, free of pain, and no human can EVER hurt her again. I just wish she could've stayed with me longer. I keep asking myself what if I got a second opinion, what if this, what if that. But I know in my heart....I knew since yesterday that this was meant to be. I have had dogs euthanized before for human aggression, but never for this. I never sat with a dog while they passed to the bridge. It was very hard, but I think it helped me too. I know she did not go alone, I was with her and so were all of you.

I just want you all to know how much you all have done for me. Your words and prayers and thoughts have touched me so much. I never knew there were people like you guys and I am forever grateful for PT. Thank you all so very much. I will update on the pups with some pictures in few days. I just need some time to kind of soak this in, sorry if that doesn't make sense. Thank you all very very much.

Daisy and Delilah
05-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Take as much time as you need Tracy. We all know what you're going through and we know how hard it is.

Let me add....I never knew there were people like you. You're very very special. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Take as much time as you need Tracy. We all know what you're going through and we know how hard it is.

Let me add....I never knew there were people like you. You're very very special. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I second that - if there were more people like you the world would be a better place

gemini9961
05-16-2007, 10:11 AM
RIP Lady. I am so sorry Tracy. She is watching over all of us and her babies. :(

cassiesmom
05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
I never knew there were people like you. You're very very special. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I Agree 1,000%!

First thing this morning I looked at this thread and now I have to figure out how to explain what's wrong to the people around me. How do I explain I'm grieving the loss of a dog I never met, to someone I know only through the pet forum?

Please hug your boys and Dozer and the pups for me.

pitc9
05-16-2007, 10:47 AM
now I have to figure out how to explain what's wrong to the people around me. How do I explain I'm grieving the loss of a dog I never met, to someone I know only through the pet forum?

Ditto :(

Outside of PT no one understands that when one of us suffers a loss we all grieve.

pitc9
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I just need some time to kind of soak this in, sorry if that doesn't make sense. Thank you all very very much.

It makes perfect sense to us all.
:(

{{hugs}}

moosmom
05-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Tracy,

I just got finished reading this entire thread and I am in tears. Poor Lady was a beautiful, kind soul with a very difficult past.

You are an amazing person, Tracy. I am in awe of you and the wonderful work you did with Lady.

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Donna