PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby?

JuniorxMyxLove
05-06-2007, 09:38 AM
So...does anyone know the order the horses placed in?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense...

Thanks in advance!

-Melanie

Cincy'sMom
05-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Street Sense won.

lizbud
05-06-2007, 11:17 AM
It was Street Sense, Hard Spun, Curlin, & 4th was Iamawildandcrazyguy.

JuniorxMyxLove
05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks. I was wondering where Curlin placed. I watched it on TV, but we were in a resturaunt and there was no sound and it was too far away to see the names. :]

Vela
05-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Curlin will do better in the Preakness, he had a really hard trip, he's a game horse. Street Sense is quick but if a race ever sets up for him with a lot of traffic I don't know if he'll have the oomph to pick himself up after a bad trip. Don't know if he's a "one run" horse or not. He's a good horse, and very fast, but I'm not sold on him yet. Will see how things set up for him in the Preakness. Good race by him though.

buttercup132
05-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I caught the middle of it and didn't get to finish watching it. It looked so good too.

lizbud
05-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Curlin will do better in the Preakness, he had a really hard trip, he's a game horse. Street Sense is quick but if a race ever sets up for him with a lot of traffic I don't know if he'll have the oomph to pick himself up after a bad trip. Don't know if he's a "one run" horse or not. He's a good horse, and very fast, but I'm not sold on him yet. Will see how things set up for him in the Preakness. Good race by him though.

I think Hard Spun had a good run. The jockey let him run far to hard at first
and didn't let the horse save up energy to spurt hard at the last 1/4 of the
race. He ran in the lead the whole time & didn't have the oomph at the end.

RedHedd
05-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I can't believe I forgot to watch! ARRGH!

Vela
05-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I think Hard Spun had a good run. The jockey let him run far to hard at first
and didn't let the horse save up energy to spurt hard at the last 1/4 of the
race. He ran in the lead the whole time & didn't have the oomph at the end.

Yes I have liked Hard Spun all year, I was really proud of him. Lot of people said he'd never do well at all. I am partial to his connections, they also owned Round Pond and Rockport Harbor, so I was very happy to see him do well. He's a front runner though, and if you hold them back too hard at the beginning they wont run well later. Glad I don't have to make those decisions!