PDA

View Full Version : I really need help

animal_rescue
05-05-2007, 08:41 PM
So things haven't been getting good at all. Infact it's been down right worse, we might risk losing our house soon and this week we're probably going to be getting everything shut off. If so we're leaving and i'm going to go live with a friend. I have another friend willing to take Maggie and i'm taking my guinea pigs but my mom says the other animals can stay there and we'll come back daily to take care of them. Thing is I don't know when we'll have the money to fix things and even afterward if we'll be in the clear. My dad just doesn't care and won't do a thing. I don't want to say anything personal but we think he might be having certain problems and my parents might be splitting up I really don't know yet. So I just don't know what to do. I need to get rid of the animals soon, even if someone can just foster and find a home for them theirselves it would be nice. I'm in Northern Indiana and I really don't have transportation as we can't afford gas... so i'm really kind of stuck. Possibly if I can a friend will drive me but I'd have to ask. Please if anyone can take an animal or knows someone that can I have Emmy(yorkie mix), Roxie(min pin), Alex(poodle), Lily(cat), Baxter(cat), Paulie(bird), and Sunny(bird). But I do have a woman that kind of has a small bird type sanctuary in Michigan who would take them if I can get them both up there. Even if someone could help with that it would be great.

Taz_Zoee
05-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I am sorry you are going through this tough time. I wish I was closer to help.
You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Chilli
05-05-2007, 08:49 PM
If I was closer, we would give your birds a home in a heartbeat! Too bad it can't work out that way, though.
I'm so incredibly sorry that you're having to go through such a rough time.

((((hugs!)))) You'll be in my thoughts. =]

critter crazy
05-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I am so sorry, I wish I could help. But I am so far away. Good luck to you and your critters.

Alysser
05-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Megan, I am so sorry. I can't even think of words to describe the pain and heartache you and your family is suffering. {{{hugs}}} I wish I could help.

I don't have much advice but I must ask...did you contact any rescues?

Catty1
05-05-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.unitedanimalrescuers.org/rescues_and_shelters.htm

Try that link and scroll down to "Indiana". Someone in one of those places will "know someone" I am sure!

HUGS!

Daisy and Delilah
05-05-2007, 10:16 PM
My heart is breaking for you, your Mom, and your pets. It is devastating to have the bottom drop out of your life suddenly like this.

I hope and pray that you can find homes for all the pets and that you and your Mom don't have to suffer anymore either. I wish I could help you-believe me I would if I lived closer to you :( {{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}

Suki Wingy
05-05-2007, 11:10 PM
oh Meg! I'll try really hard to convince my parents we need to foster. I'll be thinking of you and hopefully things will pull through.

animal_rescue
05-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I would contact rescues but I can't hardly get on a computer.. internet is shut off, the only reason i'm on now is because i'm spending the night at my aunt's house. I'll try though.

crow_noir
05-06-2007, 12:40 AM
*sigh*

I posted to those groups that i emailed you about. I still haven't heard anything. Everyone is just so full of animals.

*hugs*

Daisy and Delilah
05-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Can you go to the library? At my library, everybody gets two hours a day now. Best wishes, again, on getting some good in your lives soon. :)

animal_rescue
05-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. Friends from another forum are trying to work out who can take who. Actually two of my friends are interested in getting Emmy and Alex for their mom/grandma. I think that would be nice since they would probably be better off with older people anyways. I'm hoping it'll work. *crosses fingers and tries to look positive*

btw I might be staying with a friend for awhile so I can work more on the animal situation since she has internet/phone access.

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Megan, I just got your text message. ((((((HUGS)))))

If there was any way to get someone here, I'm sure my mom would let me foster or something :/

Alysser
05-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Megan, I just got your text message. ((((((HUGS)))))

If there was any way to get someone here, I'm sure my mom would let me foster or something :/

Oh, bri that would be awesome if you could. I wish I could help with transport.

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, bri that would be awesome if you could. I wish I could help with transport.
It would. I bet my mom would let us take in Roxie for a while. I could ask her if you don't have any place for her yet, Megan?

buttercup132
05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Aww Meg I didn't think it would get this bad. I've been wondering where you were. I was going to say if you need to talk just go on msn but I guess that's not really possible. I don't know how long you can text for but I THINK I have your number. Pm me if you want mine to talk. I hope you can find homes for your babies. I can't belive your dad is acting this way.
I hope things get better:( You know I'm terrible with advice so I don't really know what to say. But at least if your moving in with a friend your moved out.

king2005
05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news :(

Try to stay positive, sounds like you have a lot of people who will do their best to support you. I wish you, your family & pets the best

Reachoutrescue
05-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I am sorry for what you are going through. I wish I could help. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. You, your family, and your pets are in our thoughts and prayers.

mugsy
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I am in Fort Wayne and have contacts with rescues here in town. If you want me to ask about the dogs I will...what kind of birds are they? We have bird rescue people come in to the store and I could contact them if you would like me to. What can you tell us about the animals...it will make it easier to find places for them to go.

rg_girlca
05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh gosh, what a sad situation. My heart goes out to you. I will pray that things will turn around for the better for you and your family.
I'm also wishing the best for your pets.

Take care and try to stay strong and positive.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

dukedogsmom
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm so sorry. I wish I could help, too. I can't imagine how hard it must be on everyone. I hope things work out to where you can be reunited with your animals. That would be devastating to me, to be separated from them like that.

animal_rescue
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
I am in Fort Wayne and have contacts with rescues here in town. If you want me to ask about the dogs I will...what kind of birds are they? We have bird rescue people come in to the store and I could contact them if you would like me to. What can you tell us about the animals...it will make it easier to find places for them to go.

Well Sunny is a 13 year old Blue-Fronted Amazon. Both her old owners died and she was given to us.. She should be good with anyone that know large parrots. She is quite a grumbler and sometimes will yell cuss words(we didn't teach her that though, I swear) she doesn't do it much now though. She likes to scream when she hears really loud things, like people fighting or bells ringing. She doesn't usually bite but then again no one tries to mess with her unless she's away from her cage(like if my mom has her on the couch) or giving her food. Only my mom, dad, and neighbor woman can pick her up, but most of the time my sister and I will go to her cage and sing to her, she likes that a lot.

Paulie is "dominant" boy who's almost 2. He only likes me and will bite everyone else, he is a biter. He's a quaker parrot. Very cuddly and sweet to me, so he'll be a one person bird. I'm sure he'll adjust quick since he's so young. I suggest no kids with him because he has jumped off his cage and chased kids on the ground before then attacked their feet. He is work. But I really love him and I don't want to see anything happen to him.

Suki Wingy
05-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I've been thinking about you, Megan, and I just don't know what I can do to help. I wish there was more I could do. :( I'm pretty sure my parents aren't going to change their mind about fostering any time soon, but I still try.

petslover
05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I am really sorry to hear that its getting worse for you. Just try to remember you are doing the best for your pets. I really wished I could help, but I am to far away. I wish you and your family the best in whatever happens.

animal_rescue
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that my aunt paid for our phone and internet bill. We still aren't in the clear, water might be turned off tomorrow. So I still don't know what's going on but I'm hoping things get better. Sadly though I'm still rehoming the pets. I honestly believe it's what's best for them and I think I have a place for the dogs now, I need to figure out about the birds and cats though. If I can't find a place soon we'll be carrying gallons of water to our house daily I guess until we can turn it back on.

jackie
05-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Bumping this up for you.

sirrahved
05-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm in northern Indiana, and I'd like to know if you found Sunny a home.

animal_rescue
05-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm in northern Indiana, and I'd like to know if you found Sunny a home.

Actually my mom and I were talking about her the other day. We would like to give her to the woman that took Marty. She has parrots as well and when she came here she really seemed to click with her too. We think she might be good for Sunny.