PDA

View Full Version : Well, that freaked me out....

Glacier
05-04-2007, 11:37 PM
A few minutes ago, my dogs started going nuts so I went outside to see what was going on. There was a cop car in my driveway. Now I know that I have not done anything that would warrant a visit from the cops. As I'm walking out to let him in the gate, I was trying to think of something the dogs might have done, but the RCMP don't handle animal complaints around here. Then I thought something had happened to Stuart. He left yesterday to work in a mining camp for the summer. It's very isolated and mining can be dangerous work. It's amazing how far the mind can run a very short time.

So why was the cop here...Remember last March when I witnessed a drunk woman dragging a dog behind her car? The GSD who now lives with my father-in-law? Well, 14 months later, she's finally going to trial on the drunk driving and other driving charges. She had no insurance, plates ect on top of being loaded. She's already been convicted of intentionally causing unneccessary suffering to an animal. She plead to that one so I never got supenoaed. She's fighting the DUI charges as she'll likely get a bigger punishment for that than for what she did to Nytron! The cop thinks she'll end up pleading if all the witnesses show up. I'll be there for sure! May 15 @ 9am. What a lovely way to spend my 8th wedding anniversary!

Taz_Zoee
05-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Oh my! That must have made your heart jump having a cop in the driveway!!
That's great that you can bring justice to what this woman did, and prevent her from doing anything worse to a person, animal or even herself.

crow_noir
Yeah... It's always freaky when the cops show up on your doorstep... No matter how innocent you thought you were.

Glad to hear that you were just asking to be of service! :D

Wow, stuff like that... we just get notices here in the mail.

A few minutes ago, my dogs started going nuts so I went outside to see what was going on. There was a cop car in my driveway. Now I know that I have not done anything that would warrant a visit from the cops. As I'm walking out to let him in the gate, I was trying to think of something the dogs might have done, but the RCMP don't handle animal complaints around here. Then I thought something had happened to Stuart. He left yesterday to work in a mining camp for the summer. It's very isolated and mining can be dangerous work. It's amazing how far the mind can run a very short time.

So why was the cop here...Remember last March when I witnessed a drunk woman dragging a dog behind her car? The GSD who now lives with my father-in-law? Well, 14 months later, she's finally going to trial on the drunk driving and other driving charges. She had no insurance, plates ect on top of being loaded. She's already been convicted of intentionally causing unneccessary suffering to an animal. She plead to that one so I never got supenoaed. She's fighting the DUI charges as she'll likely get a bigger punishment for that than for what she did to Nytron! The cop thinks she'll end up pleading if all the witnesses show up. I'll be there for sure! May 15 @ 9am. What a lovely way to spend my 8th wedding anniversary!

Catty1
GOOD! Will look forward to THIS update!

I hope this woman sobers up one day...hey, the Red Sea parted, anything can happen!

How IS Nytron these days? Any pics? (hint hint)

crow_noir
05-05-2007, 12:02 AM
How is Nytron doing? Any pics? *nudge nudge*

GOOD! Will look forward to THIS update!

I hope this woman sobers up one day...hey, the Red Sea parted, anything can happen!

Glacier
05-05-2007, 12:13 AM

Nytron is doing alright. He's had some problems with his neck, likely a result of being dragged. He had a pinched nerve or something like it. He was limping and weak for several weeks. A long course of prednisone seems to have resolved the issue! He's supposed to limit his ball chasing time, but I don't see that lasting for too long! He's ball obsessed. Nyt is a very happy boy, spoiled and well loved at last. He has my FIL wrapped around his paws! It's a good thing for both of them!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/nite.jpg
This pic is a couple months old now and it's not great. I should go over in the daylight and get some good ones of him!

Ginger's Mom
05-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Wow, that is very scary. Yeah, I am afraid my thought would have been that something happened to Stuart. Glad it wasn't anything like that at all.

Wow, stuff like that... we just get notices here in the mail.
Yes, same thing here. I have to laugh a little. I just cannot imagine the police around here personally going to peoples' houses to invite them to court. :eek: :)

Kalei
05-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Wow I can't believe anyone would ever do something so cruel as to drag an animal behind a car, how terrible! I am very glad that this woman is not getting away from what she is guilty of. Let's hope the courts make the right decision.

Lori Jordan
05-05-2007, 07:06 AM
I just wanted to add that Nytron is a Georgous what a sweet face,How could anyone do that!

My uncle is going through the same thing at the moment but the incident happend over 5 years ago and both the accused have not spent a day in jail and people are fighting it,I hope they get life for what they did.

Same situation,First this dog was in my uncles appt building it was a gsd mix.

They were drinking took the dog to a park beat it and then tied cinder blocks and through the poor dog in the river.

A neighbor told my uncle the story and was actually happy to tell him,My uncle ran to the park middle of the night and dove in the water 3:30 am got the dog out as they through her off the dock so it was not that deep.He got her out with assistance of a park guard(where he was at the time is beyond me)But she was gone offcourse.

This happend in 2001,And the cout date is not till September so all say a prayer that these monsters come to justice and pay for crime they have done(Taking an innicent life)

Sorry i just had to let it be known how cruel people really are for Nytrons sake i do hope this women gets something other than probation she should sit in jail i think.

I believe that if you take a animals life you should be given life in jail,But right now the system is like a slap on the hand,Usually they give probabtion and a period of time where one cannot own an animal ,What does that do?

Kalei
05-05-2007, 07:12 AM
I completely agree, an animals life should be taken as no less than a human's life. That story made me cry and realize how evil people can be. How can anyone ever think of harming such a helpless innocent creature? It's beyond my state of mind.

It just makes me sick just thinking about the harm and abuse that so many animals go through in the world and that probalby don't end up helped:( I hope that the people who drowned this dog are put to jail for life as they should be.

Lori Jordan
05-05-2007, 07:24 AM
I will be standing in the front row with my uncle,Java did not deserve it!

I would love to meet these people in a dark alley!

Or drag them from a car,and drowned them.

I get so mad when i here things like this!

gini
05-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I think that people who do these things to animals should be branded in some way. Perhaps a nice tattoo on the cheek so that everyone would know.

I am so happy that Nytron is living the life he deserves - good care and lots of love.

Sorry that the police gave you a scare.

I think you will have a HAPPY Anniversary if the courts do what they should.

Daisy and Delilah
05-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I think that people who do these things to animals should be branded in some way. Perhaps a nice tattoo on the cheek so that everyone would know.

I am so happy that Nytron is living the life he deserves - good care and lots of love.

Sorry that the police gave you a scare.

I think you will have a HAPPY Anniversary if the courts do what they should.

I love this idea!! Can we try to put this into legislation? All those morons need to be on public display :mad: :( :mad:

dukedogsmom
05-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I do remember that. I can't believe it's taken that long for it to come to trial. That is a fun way to spend your anniversary. I hope she doesn't get less penalties. She deserves all they can throw at her.

lizbud
05-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow, glad it had nothing to do with your husband. :) I do remember
Nytron & I'm so glad he ended up with a great home.Thanks for the new
picture of him. He's a beautiful pup.

Seems like the ones who really know they are guilty just want to keep
putting off their moment of reckoning. :mad:

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I think that people who do these things to animals should be branded in some way.
Perhaps a nice tattoo on the cheek so that everyone would know.

Hey! ~ I'll vote for that!!

Gini for President!!
:D

elizabethann
05-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I remembered when you posted that story - of the woman dragging that dog. I think you're an awesome person to come forward and testify. Many people would just expect somebody else to do. Thank you!!

cyber-sibes
05-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Glad it turned out to be unrelated to your relations! She's fighting the drunk charge? Is she serious?!? Oy-yoi-yoi! she may have sobered up but she sure didn't get any smarter.
It's wonderful that you will be there to stand up for justice for Nytro, she deserves consequences for what she did. If her being drunk means jail time, fines, & community service,(and a few mandantory AA meetings wouldn't hurt either) then I hope she gets the whole works. Had this been a child instead of a dog, she would probably have spent this whole time in jail.

Nytro looks like a very happy boy :)

JuniorxMyxLove
05-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Wow. Glad it was just about the court.

Nytron is BEAUTIFUL! He has such a cute face! :]

uhh...I think I have it figured out, but what is a GSD?

-Melanie

Catty1
05-06-2007, 09:52 AM
German Shepherd Dog. Fewer letters and easier to spell! :D

Bengalz
05-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Tamara - you rock!!! So sorry you had to be startled by this visit ... fortunately this is the good kind :)

Standing by for the outcome....

ramanth
05-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Glad it wasn't anything too bad! Good luck in court and I hope they throw the book at that woman.

jackie
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Glad to see that had a happy ending for the cute doggie, I hope his former owner gets what is coming to her.

cassiesmom
05-07-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry your dogs were upset! I'm really glad nothing was wrong at mining camp. Nytron is gorgeous and I'm so pleased that he is in an appropriate home now! Those are some precious paws to have a human wrapped around! *pet* for Nytron *pet pet pet pet pet pet pet pet pet* for all the other Glacier family dogs and cats

cassiesmom
05-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I think that people who do these things to animals should be branded in some way.
Perhaps a nice tattoo on the cheek so that everyone would know.

Hey! ~ I'll vote for that!!

Gini for President!!

Not a nice tattoo. An unpleasant one. Preferably one with the cruel person's neck twisted at an awkward angle so they experience the same sensation the dog did.

Cataholic
05-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I do remember that story. Poor Nytron. He looks pretty plushy right now, as he should be, after having such an idiot the first time around. Happy Anniversary!