PDA

View Full Version : The enclosure is open again....

Glacier
05-04-2007, 11:23 PM
The snow has melted enough to let the kitties enjoy their enclosure again! There's still some snow out there, but not too much!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/snowcat.jpg
Felicia has always liked the snow! She'd go out all winter if she was allowed!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/sopbeau.jpg
Sophia wasn't real sure about the whole idea, but she checked it out. I suppose being dumped in the woods has made her a little leary of going outside!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/kingboots.jpg
Boots was king of the old scratching posts! Hopefully the mighty hunter will stick to mice this year and leave the bats alone!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/ivyout.jpg
Ivy got some sun too!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/glacierout.jpg
Glacier will spend much of his time outside now. He loves the enclosure!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202007/beaurays.jpg
I'm trying to learn the tricks of the fully manual mode on my dslr. This was one of my test shots today! I love this picture of Beau. He's always liked to get some fresh air. He even likes the snow, but he wouldn't cooperate for a picture in the snowy part!

Catty1
05-04-2007, 11:28 PM
AWWWW! What lovely pics of lovely cats! So good to see Beau enjoying a sun-soak! Seems to be holding his own pretty well.

Sophia looks like such a round cuddly soft cat-loaf, I want to reach into the picture and just snuggle her up!

But those Glacier eyes....nothing beats those. Very old soul, I think.

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Glacier
05-05-2007, 12:18 AM
So good to see Beau enjoying a sun-soak! Seems to be holding his own pretty well.

Sophia looks like such a round cuddly soft cat-loaf, I want to reach into the picture and just snuggle her up!

:)

Beau is holding his own. I've cut back on his tapazole. He hates being pilled and it doesn't seem to help much anyway. He still gets it, but only every second day now. I think he's actually doing better on the reduced dose. (my vet knows about this and isn't concerned. It's a balancing act between his kidneys and the hyperthyroidism)

Sophia is a snuggly girl. She loves to be held. And she is very, very round! If I didn't know she had been spayed, I would swear she was preggers!

jennielynn1970
05-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Holy cow! You still have snow?!! Where in Canada are you located?

My mom and dad's 3 indoor/outdoor cats are so happy with the warmer weather. The one guy is more of an outdoor cat, but he's getting older, and will stay in more and more, but will get anxious if he feels he "can't" get out. He drives them nuts with the "I want out!" and 3 mins later "I want in!" and it keeps repeating and repeating like that for hours!! He drives me nuts when I visit. :D

catmandu
05-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Now That Would Be Purrfect For The Found Cats In The Back Yard Maybe A Nice 20 X15 Are Where They Could Play In The Sun And Be Safe.
I Know That They Would Have Just As Much Fun As Your Cats Glacier. They Really Look So Happy To Be Out In The Wild At Least A Bit Of The Wild!!!

Glacier
05-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Holy cow! You still have snow?!! Where in Canada are you located?

I live in the Yukon Territory. We'll have snow in shady spots and ice on the lakes for at least a few more weeks.

momcat
05-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I live in the Yukon Territory. We'll have snow in shady spots and ice on the lakes for at least a few more weeks.
My grandfather's brother was a Mountie up in your neck of the woods years ago. I love the cold weather and especially snow, my friends all say it's genetic & I got it from my grand-uncle.
Anyway, those are some beautiful kitties you've got. I must admit being a bit partial to Glacier though...those eyes!!! Could I ask you to give each of your beauties some scritchies and tummy rubs from me?

Husky_mom
05-05-2007, 04:21 PM
oh so lovely!!! I´m head over heels for Felicia!!!........... all are cuties, but her, oh my........*drools*

jennielynn1970
05-05-2007, 04:45 PM

WOW!!! I didn't realize that was above BC. You must have wicked winters. I remember living in Stockholm, Sweden, and that was overwhelming compared to PA, but you're even above Stockholm's line on the map I think. Northern Sweden was outrageous with the amount of snow they got, all the Lapplanders lived up there too.

Glacier
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
WOW!!! I didn't realize that was above BC. You must have wicked winters. I remember living in Stockholm, Sweden, and that was overwhelming compared to PA, but you're even above Stockholm's line on the map I think.

I can get to Alaska much faster than I get to BC! :) I love the winter, but I hear other people don't so much. We had a nasty cold one this year. Lots of -40C and below! I don't mind the cold nearly as much as the dark. The cold you can always dress for. The dark is harder to deal with. Thank goodness for my SAD lamp! I live a couple degrees of latitude higher than Stockholm. So it likely a bit colder and darker here in the winter.

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2007, 08:39 PM
The dark is harder to deal with.

Thank goodness for my SAD lamp!

:confused:

Her what lamp??
So, whas'sa SAD Lamp??

Seasonal Affective Disorder Light Therapy Boxes
for Seasonal Depression and S.A.D.

A SAD lamp is much different than a UV Sunlamp. A Sunlamp is an Ultraviolet Lamp that emits UV rays for tanning and/or treating skin conditions such as psoriasis. A SAD lamp is another type of Light Therapy Box which is a Full Spectrum Bright Light that emits NO Ultraviolet light so you cannot tan from a SAD lamp. SAD Lamps are used for treating S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder - Seasonal Depression & the Winter Blues).

To everyone the seasonal changes of fall and winter are apparent, most obvious are the shorter, colder, and darker days. To most of us, the changes in our body, our energy levels, and changes in our feeling of ‘well-being’ are also apparent. The ‘winter blues’ have been around forever and most of us have just learned to live with it.
Is it harder to get out of bed now that summer has gone?

For decades scientists have been studying S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and Light Therapy Treatment, and in the last decade SAD Lamp – Light Box Therapy has emerged as a very popular and effective method for treating S.A.D.

The change in light exposure is the key. As your light exposure decreases in the fall and winter, the general consensus of the experts is that these changes in light exposure affect the body’s natural rhythm and chemistry and induce Seasonal Affective Disorder. When SAD Lamp – Light Box Therapy is introduced, the majority of us will experience relief from S.A.D.

SAD Lamps - Light Therapy Boxes are not just for winter use. For those who work in poorly lit offices, or have offices or cubicles that have no windows to let in sunlight - you will benefit from a light box. For those who work the night shift and miss out on the daytime sunlight, a light box will help you feel better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Secret of the Yukon is revealed!

:D

joycenalex
05-06-2007, 01:44 PM
boots and bats? did i miss a story?

Glacier
05-06-2007, 01:57 PM
boots and bats? did i miss a story?

From June to September, the window to the cat run is almost never closed and Boots likes to hunt at night! Last fall, while Stuart was away(everything happens when he's away), Boots caught a bat outside and brought into the house. We don't have very many bats around here so that in itself was odd. Then Boots decided it would be more fun to let the bat go in my bedroom! I am not afraid of bats outside. I've even built a couple bat houses to try and attract them. They eat alot of mosquitos! I like bats when they aren't in my house! In my house, I turned into a total girly girl! After about two hours of trying to convince myself that it was a 3 ounce bat and wasn't going to hurt me, I gave up on catching it. I closed off the bedroom and slept on the futon with Pingo! At 7am I called my neighbor and he came over and trapped the bat in a shoe box and released it back into the wild. I haven't left the cat run open at night since!