PDA

View Full Version : *updated**Prayers needed* for sassy. I think it may be over..

Alysser
05-04-2007, 07:43 PM
My dog is getting worse and worse. Today, was bad. She was crawling, using only her front legs. Nothing is working, at least nothing over-the-counter, and I don't know where to turn. There is no possible way I am making my dog suffer, and I may have to make the decision of putting her to sleep. My parents are very sad about this, they are going to call the vet, and maybe get our options. It may not be her back legs, but I was thinking her spine. Hopefully, she isn't too old for surgery. She's only NINE.

I am not here for harsh comments and critisim on how I take care of my dog. I know what is best for her, and if I am lead down the road of putting her out of her misery, then so be it. I refuse, to let any animal suffer, and even though this may be my baby, I may have to say good-bye.

Sorry, if I did sound a bit cross, but I have gotten some unwanted comments before on other forums, and I am just saying I will delete this thread if a rude comment is posted.

Thanks,
Alyssa

PS I know PT prayers often work wonders, so this is why I am requesting them.

Lady's Human
05-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Prayers sent. :(

Give her some scritches for Lady.

caseysmom
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Was this sudden? I can't remember, did I miss previous problems? If she got injured she may just need to recover. Nine years is pretty young for a small dog, I hope she gets better soon.

Dorothy39
05-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Prayers for Sassy~ :(

cyber-sibes
05-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Paws crossed & prayers said for Sassy. I know you'll make your decision based on what's best for her. (((hugs)))

chocolatepuppy
05-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm so sorry Alyssa that Sassy isn't doing well. :( I hope there is some help for Sassy. Prayers on the way.{hugs}

buttercup132
05-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I sure hope noone would bash you as there is no need to. If they do don't listen to them. I know Sassy has been having problems for a while hopefully the vet will be able to tell you some good news. Nine isn't very old especially for a small dog but maye she has some bad breeding genetics (if you got her from a bad place). Please keep us updated.

I saw a German shepherd mix today at work and she could barley walk, I couldn't understand why her owners were keeping her alive. I'm sorry but if my dog was constantly limping around and barley walking I would have it put to sleep no questions asked.

caseysmom
05-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think anyone is going to bash you, you have been on here a long time and everyone knows you want the best for sassy.

sparks19
05-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Awwww I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the vet has some good suggestions for you.

It is always a tough decision but I respect you greatly for being able to put your own wants aside and do what might be in the best interest of Sassy. Sometimes it is just not fair to the dog to keep them going when they are in so much pain and it can't be aleviated.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

prayers to Sassy and your family.

joycenalex
05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
prayers for sassy, and kindest thoughts for you and your family.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I had no idea about poor Sassy. I'm so sorry- my thoughts go out to you and Sassy.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-04-2007, 09:06 PM
:( Oh no, Alyssa! Oh god, please don't let it be over!

Alyssa, I know how much you love Sassy, and you take wonderful care of her. I am not here to criticize you. I am here to send you and Sassy my love, and prayers. I hope everything turns around very soon for Sassy... keep us updated.

Daisy and Delilah
05-04-2007, 09:31 PM
I know you've been dreading this, Alyssa. I am hoping and praying very hard that the vet will find a way for Sassy to get better. Maybe it's arthritis and some pain medication will help her.

I certainly hope no one would bash you over this. Nobody wants to hear of a beloved family member suffering. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Please give Sassy some kisses from us. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Chilli
05-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Positive vibes headed that way for Sassy.
I hadn't known of any health problems with her prior to reading this. Poor girl.
She'll be in my thoughts, and I'm hoping some options will come up!
((((hugs)))) to you, and give Sassy a gentle hug from me, will ya? =]

BaileysMom
05-04-2007, 10:40 PM
What happened exactly? It sounds like what happened with Bailey and he's fine.

shais_mom
05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
any news?
thinking of you.....

Taz_Zoee
05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Oh no!! Sassy (and family) will be in my thoughts. 9 is VERY young for such a small dog. My mom's min-pin is 17!!! She just has to get better. Positive thoughts coming from California!! :D :D

luvofallhorses
05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Oh no I had no idea she was sick! :( I will pray that she will be okay.
((((BIG Hugs))))) to you Alyssa!

K9karen
05-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Sometimes we have to do the unthinkable. But I'm praying that the vet can help Sassy. I feel your heartache. Whatever happens, I know your decision will be unselfish.

Karen
05-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Hopefully she will be okay. If it's a simple spinal injury, emember that doggie wheelie carts can help. If she's sick, though, and the vet says so, you'll know what's best.

You and pretty Sassy, dog-of-your-heart, will be in our prayers.

Alysser
05-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Thank you everyone for the ongoing prayers, and thoughts to Sas and my family. We're all just really saddened that this is happening so soon. Thank you for not bashing me, I knew PT wouldn't do that but I just felt I needed to post it, because of some other forums..

Anyway, I don't really have any news besides we talked last night, and I honestly had no clue my parents would go so far to keep her alive. If it is her spine, and like Karen said it is minor we will try the dog wheel chair for walks and such. It may look a bit funny, but I don't care. Plus, it's super cute and if it helps then that will be good. My parents don't really want to do surgery because Sassy may be too old, and the risks could be dangerous.

My mom has been using baby asprins for Sassy ever since this arthritis started. She put it in her food and it worked at first, she would run around endlessly. Now, it doesn't even make her want to walk, so it's useless.

As far as I know, she hasn't had any other problems, no bladder problems, no blood in the poop, no NOTHING. I just don't get why she has to be in so much pain, it's really hard to watch.. :(

For those who didn't know about her arthritis, well I really didn't make a thread about it. My option right now is to wait for my parents to call the vet. Hopefully today or tommorow.

Alicia, my parents said the same thing, she must be from a bad breeder. We didn't pick the breeder, so it wasn't really our place to judge. From now on, whenever I get a dog it will MOST LIKELY be from a shelter. I don't want to go through this sadness and problem again. It's heart breaking to watch.

I have also ditched my idea of getting another dog, I can't get a hyper dog for the fear it will bother her and make her be in pain, so I have put it to the side for now. All that matters is Sassy's well-being.

Lori Jordan
05-05-2007, 06:55 AM
You are all in my Prayers.

Hang in there Sassy!

As Karen said there is a few different options,And they do so well in the carts!

It is always hard when are pets start getting older!I know all will turn out for you all,Sassy is a fighter!

Do you have an appointment set up for her to be seen?

Keep us updated!

Daisy and Delilah
05-05-2007, 08:23 AM
I'll keep praying for all of you, Alyssa. We know you love her with all your heart and you will do what's best for her. Take care hon. :(

Please give her more kisses from me, Daisy and Delilah.

JenBKR
05-05-2007, 08:27 AM
((((hugs)))) I am so sorry that Sassy is having problems. Lots of prayers for Sassy coming your way.

Ginger's Mom
05-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Hope that Sassy is feeling better today, and that the vet can suggest something that works better than the aspirin for the pain.

Zippy
05-05-2007, 08:53 AM
(((HUGS))))
Poor Sassy.I will keep Sassy and you and your family in my prayers.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-05-2007, 11:24 AM
((((HUGS)))) Thinking of you....

jayda
05-05-2007, 11:28 AM
payer sent!!!
my friend had a lab that was only 5 and she ruptured a disk in her back and they had to put her to sleep, but they do make wheelchairs for dogs but they are pretty costly!
look them up on google.
some dog breed have history of back problems and hip problem you migh want to look that up too!
get well soon!

Kalei
05-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Poor Sassy, I hope everything goes well and that the vet can help her out. Many prayers coming your way!

Vela
05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
She honestly isn't too old for surgery, small dogs often live to be 14 or even more years old, often into the high teens. I am so terribly sorry to hear about Sassy. My dog Ginger was much the same, and I also contemplated putting her to sleep too, so I do know how you feel. If you want to talk about what I did to help Ginger then please PM me. I'd be happy to talk to you about it.

If it comes down to the worst then please know I am so so sorry. Nobody here is going to bash you, we all have to make tough decisions with our pets sometimes.

Glacier
05-05-2007, 01:09 PM
There are some very good pain meds available now for dogs, much more effective than aspirin. My Goldie has chronic pain from an untreated pelvic fracture(broken long before she got to me). She was miserable before we found the right medication. She's been on Meloxicam daily for a couple years now and she's a different dog--happy, playful, and most importantly, comfortable! Talk to your vet about long term medication options.

9 isn't old for a small dog! If she does need surgery, get a full blood panel done first. It will show any problems that might be dangerous during surgery.

I hope you find a way to help Sassy and that she gets more good time with her family!

elizabethann
05-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Oh no! I'm just seeing this thread. I can't believe it. Poor Sassy. I feel your pain & sadness. I am sending you & Sassy a big hug right now. I know you will do what's best for her. Please take care and keep us posted.

Roxyluvsme13
05-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Any updates, Alyssa?

Alysser
05-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Nothin' yet, but my mom is definately getting a vet appt sometime soon. We really don't want this vet any longer. She's very rude to us, she's not bad as a vet but I hate her attitude and she thinks she knows more abouy my dog then me. :rolleyes: Either way, it's too short notice to look for a different vet so this will be the last appt with this piece of work.

After we will be taking a look at some different offices in the area and hopefully will find something better.

Danegirl2208
05-05-2007, 02:28 PM
oh no :( I am so sorry Alyssa...i will be thinking and praying for Sassy ..(((Hugs))....Stay strong sassy, we know you can pull through

Miss Z
05-05-2007, 02:33 PM
First off,

((((((HUGS!!!!)))))

You are being very brave and strong, Alyssa, and you most definitely have Sassy's best interests at heart. I know how much you love her, I love the girl loads and have never even met her, so the bond you two share is unbreakable! I will be thinking of her every minute of every day, hoping that this isn't time with all my heart. Hang in there, Sassy girl.

Give her lots of kisses from me and the gang.

Logan
05-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Seems like the vet is the important key, right now, regardless of her personality (as long as she knows what she is doing). A simple pain reliever and maybe some other meds could really help her, but unfortunately you won't know until you get her there and seen. I hope you guys can take her soon. In the meantime, I will definitely remember her in my prayers.

Get well, Sassy!

sabies
05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Good thoughts heading your way, feel better Sassy!

Alysser
05-05-2007, 03:55 PM
There are some very good pain meds available now for dogs, much more effective than aspirin. My Goldie has chronic pain from an untreated pelvic fracture(broken long before she got to me). She was miserable before we found the right medication. She's been on Meloxicam daily for a couple years now and she's a different dog--happy, playful, and most importantly, comfortable! Talk to your vet about long term medication options.

9 isn't old for a small dog! If she does need surgery, get a full blood panel done first. It will show any problems that might be dangerous during surgery.

I hope you find a way to help Sassy and that she gets more good time with her family!

Glacier, I have a few questions to ask you about these long-term meds. I am pretty sure that is what we will go with...if it is an option. But do they cost monthly?? If so about how much? Sorry, if this is any personal things you don't want to share.

I would also like to thank you all for the amazing amount of support. I now feel sorry that I ever thought anyone at PT would bash me, but it's just that the other forums have in the past few days on this issue

Thank you, again.

elizabethann
05-07-2007, 08:44 AM
How is Sassy doing today?

*LabLoverKEB*
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
How is Sassy doing today?
Yes...how is she?? :)

luvofallhorses
05-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, how is she doing?

Alysser
05-07-2007, 05:10 PM
She hasn't been out of her bed all day. :( But when she did get out for her fodo she wasn't limping at all, so I really don't know if I'd call it progress or not..

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
She hasn't been out of her bed all day. :( But when she did get out for her fodo she wasn't limping at all, so I really don't know if I'd call it progress or not..
Oh, Alyssa.. ((((HUGS))))

Reachoutrescue
05-07-2007, 05:37 PM
I have just saw this thread. I am sorry your poor Sassy is hurting. Any news on when she will see a vet? Please keep us posted. I don't think she is too old for surgery either. Good luck to you, Sassy, and your family.

Alysser
05-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I have just saw this thread. I am sorry your poor Sassy is hurting. Any news on when she will see a vet? Please keep us posted. I don't think she is too old for surgery either. Good luck to you, Sassy, and your family.

Thank you so much. Your encoragement and kind words, by all of you have made me cry. I was surprised that so many people care about Sassy.

My mom is complaining about money but with me, my sister, and my dad pushing her we will get her to a vet VERY soon.

Reachoutrescue
05-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Thank you so much. Your encoragement and kind words, by all of you have made me cry. I was surprised that so many people care about Sassy.

My mom is complaining about money but with me, my sister, and my dad pushing her we will get her to a vet VERY soon.
No need to thank us. And of course we care about Sassy and about you.

Are there any low cost vet clinics by you? That may help with getting her in somewhere sooner if your mom knows it is cheaper. I hope you can get Sassy to a vet soon so she can start feeling better.

sammy101
05-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Oh no! :( Prayers and good thoughts for Sassy!I hope she's ok..

{{hugs}}

Daisy and Delilah
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Still thinking about Sassy, you, and your family, Alyssa. I hope that cute little girl is doing better. Kisses from me please. :)

trayi52
05-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Hope Sassy is doing better. I will be praying for her, and thinking about her. Please keep us updated. Poor little Sassy, I pray for all her pain to be gone.

Willie

cloverfdx
05-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Hopefully poor Sassy will get to the vets soon :(.

Logan
05-08-2007, 12:34 PM

I hope so. Money is always a big deal in regards to our pets, but she might be easily helped with some stronger medication to help her deal with the pain. Please keep us posted.

Logan

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Is there any new news?

gemini9961
05-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Alyssa, I am so sorry to hear about Sassy. My prayers for her and your family. :(

Flatcoatluver
05-08-2007, 03:47 PM
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry Alyssa, I will be keeping Sassy in my prayers. I know how special she is to you.

Alysser
05-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't know what to tell you all. I really don't...today was terrible. She is not making progress, and I feel helpless. I think I am feeling more pain then her watching her suffer, and it makes me think there is no helping. My mom is calling the vet tommorow, as today it is to late. We are waiting for the options but I sadly think I already know what it is.

I am sorry if everyone will be angry with my decision if it is what I choose, which I do not know yet. But in the end, it is really my parents' choice and no matter how much I may want to...I can't change their minds and I am sorry for that.

Here is some sas pics, maybe the last: :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/pics_006-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/Alyssapics313RE.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/Alyssapics316RE.jpg

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh gosh, Alyssa, your post has me in tears. I won't be angry at you for making the best decision for Sassy. If she is suffering, then maybe it is time. I hope whatever you and your parents choose, it is for the best. I'm here if you need me.

(((HUGS))) and Major Prayers that the vet will have something good to say.

Reachoutrescue
05-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh, Alyssa, I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do for you and sweet Sassy. Try to stay strong. Please let us know what the vet says. Please also give Sassy a hug for me. Tell her she is a good girl.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh my goodness.... I am so so so sorry, Alyssa.... and whatever the choice may be, it is for the best. Those pictures of Sassy brought tears to my eyes. :( Give Sassy a kiss for me!

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Alyssa, I know this isn't much, but it's the least I can do.. Anybody else feel free to use it, as well.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/sassylove.jpg

luvofallhorses
05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry Alyssa. :( you both will be in my thoughts. (((HUGS)))

anna_66
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM
LES here:(

I know you and your family will do what's best for your sweet little Sassy.

You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((HUGS)))

K9soul
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Alyssa, I am sorry I am just seeing this. I can't offer much other than many virtual hugs and lots of prayers for you and little Sass. I know you are doing all you can and I know you love her deeply. We love her here at PT too. Praying for the best Alyssa {{hugs}}

Daisy and Delilah
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I am also in tears Alyssa. :( This is so sad. I have always loved Sassy so much. She's an adorable little baby doll. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

pitc9
05-09-2007, 07:09 AM
LES....
{HUGS} to you and Sassy!

Logan
05-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm glad your mom has decided to call the vet. At least then you'll know and Sassy will get relief, one way or the other. It has to be terribly hard to feel so helpless. :( Both of you will be in my prayers.

Logan

mruffruff
05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Sassy has always been one of my favorite PT dogs. I hope the vet has some good news for you both. Lots of prayers being sent.

Mary

Kfamr
05-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear about Sassy. It's weird to think it's her time to go at 9 years old... she's the same age as Simba. :(

Miss Z
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Oh my...I feel that I can't put what I'm feeling into words. I'm so shocked and upset, I just can't imagine Pet Talk without a regular intake of Sassy pics.

I've been following this thread, and your last post, Alyssa, made me stop what I was doing all together and think solely of you and Sassy for five whole minutes. I can't get her out of my mind.

Please know that we would NEVER be angry at you, you are doing the kindest thing for a pet you love dearly and there is nothing wrong with that. I know how wrong it feels inside, I'm sure all PTers do, but as you say, seeing her suffer is cruel and unnecessary. It takes a strong person to push aside their own desires in such a situation, and do what's right by their faithful companion.

I really can't express how sorry I am, sending you these heartfelt ((hugs)) just to touch lightly upon my emotions.

If you need to talk at any time, I'm just a PM away.

Sassy, we all love you as if you were our own. Take care of Alyssa whilst you remain by her side, she needs some reassuring kisses to tell her that everything will be alright, whatever happens. And I send some kisses for you, sweet Sassy, to reassure you that you are loved all around the world.

Alysser
05-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks all, I haven't been coping well when I'm at home because I see the pain...and I didn't exactly reply right away after my last post because I thought everyone would be mad at me. But my mom just needs to find the vets number and she will call her tonight, and leave a message. So thank you for the prayers, thoughts, etc.

Bri, thanks for the sig, it's really nice thought. I hope you don't mind if I don't use it, the words and the picture of my dog are hard to read in my own siggy.

:(

Alyssa

.sarah
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Alyssa I am so sorry to hear this! Sassy and you are in my thoughts, sweetie.

Roxyluvsme13
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Bri, thanks for the sig, it's really nice thought. I hope you don't mind if I don't use it, the words and the picture of my dog are hard to read in my own siggy.

:(

Alyssa
I understand, Alyssa. I can't imagine possibly what you're going through. It's tearing me to pieces and I've never even met Sassy. But she seems like one of my own sometimes.

(((((HUGS)))))

Is she doing any better?

Sevaede
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh geez... :( I don't even know what to say..

**HUGS** great vibes your and sassy's way. :(

Alysser
05-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I actually have a bit of good news...

Sassy was walking around normally today! Not any sign of the arthritis, no limping, crying, etc. She was walking around more and alot of the day was spent outside her cage and bed for once. Maybe the prayers are working, please keep them coming.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Yay! This is great news, Alyssa! God can do amazing things. More prayers for Sassy on the way.... ;)

Roxyluvsme13
05-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Yay, that's wonderful! I told you, Alyssa, PT prayers work miracles!

pitc9
05-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Great news!!

Taz_Zoee
05-10-2007, 09:11 AM
This is wonderful!! But is she still going to go to the vet?

Reachoutrescue
05-10-2007, 09:30 AM
I am so glad she is feeling better, but I hope your mom gets her to the vet to make sure she is really okay. Please keep us posted.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-10-2007, 09:45 AM
How are you doing today Sassy?

Alysser
05-10-2007, 11:25 AM
She is walking around normally and more often, still today. Yes, she is still going to the vet. She needs her shots anyway, so that's another reason.

Karen
05-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh, that's a good sign. Glad she's still got the vet appointment, too!

Miss Z
05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Whew, that is such a relief to hear that at least there are signs of improvement. I really hope that it continues!

Logan
05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
When is she going to the vet? It would be good to know so we can kick in some extra prayers for wisdom for the vet and for Sassy. I'm glad she seems to be feeling better, though. Perhaps she strained something, a muscle or her back and is starting to recuperate. I hope that is all it was, but it will be good to have the vet's opinion, too.

Logan

Flatcoatluver
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Glad she is doing much better, I will still be keeping her in my prayers.

Alysser
05-10-2007, 03:36 PM
We have to make the vet appointment next weekend, or just next week. This weekend is hectic with my sisters dance competition on Saturday and some mother's day dinner on sunday, so I can't really make it this week. I am pretty sure it's next weekend.

Thanks for the continuing prayers.

Alysser
06-21-2007, 08:27 PM
*UPDATE*

I haven't updated on this thread in awhile, so I just wanted to.

Sassy has been doing GREAT for a long time now. She's acting like her old puppy self used to before the arthritis. She barley limps any longer and she's so happy all the time. She actually CRIES to go outside now and she walks around most of the day. The only time she limps is when she gets out of bed and she starts walking. It's only because her leg is stiff. My mom never made a vet appt. She wanted to wait till Sas got a grooming first, which she did. So the vet will definately be coming soon...I hope. :rolleyes: My mom DID call the vet though. The vet said just keep giving her the baby asprins and such, since they are obviously working.

We also have a special *treat* for everyone :D

The maltie went SWIMMING today! She wasn't to happy but she dealt with it. I didn't get any pics of her swimming but only on the boogie board.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/IMGP3171.jpg
"Uhh, what the heck are you doin'? WHY ARE you puttin' me in the water mom!?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/IMGP3173.jpg
"OK maybe I'm just dreaming, I'll just sit here till I wake up!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/IMGP3175.jpg
"Ok, maybe this ISN'T a dream! That water does look pretty real"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/IMGP3176.jpg
"MOM, when I get over there, I'm gonna....GR"(such a little dork)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/IMGP3178.jpg
"Uh, I don't like this at all!" :eek:

That's all for now!

From,
Alyssa

Roxyluvsme13
06-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Aw, I'm so glad Sassy is doing great :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
She's adorable. I'm glad to hear she's doing so well. :)

Daisy and Delilah
06-22-2007, 07:23 AM
I hope this little baby doll continues to do well, Alyssa. She looks so cute on the boogie board. Kisses to that little girly from us. :)

pitc9
06-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Yippee! GREAT news and great pictures too!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Alyssa I am THRILLED to hear that Sassy is doing so much better! Loved the pics, very cute! :) ;)

Miss Z
06-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Alyssa, this is great news! I am SO thrilled for you, what a huge relief *wipes sweat from brow*.

Sassy, may you continue to always be full of good surprises! :D

Anita Cholaine
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Allyssa, I'm sooooo glad to know Sassy's doing so well! These are really such awesome news :D

She looks so cute in those pics, please give hers some kisses from me, ok?

Alysser
09-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Haven't updated this thread in a few months but I have a very good update.

Sassy is doing very well! We still haven't called a vet yet since she is doing good but my mom has promised me soon. Our days have been hectic and my parents are holding off, for one reason I've found out today. I heard them talking, nope wasn't supposed to be listening ;) , but they said they can't bear the thought of not having her around. I've realized through this entire ordeal, that although Sassy isn't MY "heart and soul" dog, she is the only dog suited for our family. She is so funny, weird, and adorable all rolled into one. Basically, she is my family's "heart and soul dog", not mine alone. She is definitely not a dog I connected greatly with but I feel my whole family is connected with that bond to her. We certainly ended up with the perfect dog! OK, enough with the corniness.

My mom found the start of an ear infection in her ear, and she used corn starch everyday to dry out the ear canal. The vet told us to do this. She also ordered none-prescription ear cleanser, medication, etc from Petmeds. Hopefully, sometime next week we can order Prescription medication for the arthritis when we get the vet to come. I personally think she doesn't need it anymore, she is really opening up and starting to play again. She actually jumped in the pool the other day and started SWIMMING! I was stunned lol..

Thanks for the concern(now time to get the little furbutt attacking my feet away lol)
Alyssa :)

chocolatepuppy
09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
It's good to hear Sassy is doing well! :)

Vela
09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
So glad to hear she's doing so well! Keep it up Sassy!

elizabethann
09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
My heart dropped when I saw this thread had been active again. I thought something bad had happened. But I'm so glad she is doing okay. I think it's so sweet that she's your "heart & soul" dog. Give her a hug from Fenway, okay?