PDA

View Full Version : what do you do with old mobile/cell phones?

vinjashira
05-04-2007, 01:30 PM
a curiosity poll. what do you do with your old mobile/cell phones. do you keep them as back up phones, give them to friends or relatives, recycle them for charity or do you sell them?

I have done all four of them :D

I tend to get a new mobile every few years. I either sell my old one, give it to a member of my family or recycle it for a charity and at the moment I have one that I am keeping as a back up phone but I shall probably be recycling it because I don't really need it and it's quite an old model that I don't think anyone but the charity wants it :p

RedHedd
05-04-2007, 01:33 PM
The cell phone company stores here in San Francisco have recycle bins in all their stores. No questions asked, you just toss it in. As I'm only on my second cell phone (I actually HATE cell phones), the first one was recycled at Cingular when I got my new phone.

P.S. OMG! :eek: I just noticed - I'm a septa-pillar! ZOUNDS!

JenBKR
05-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I usually give mine to a local women's shelter. They give them to the women in there so that they can call 911 in an emergency.

Zippy
05-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Give them away or recylce them.

Freedom
05-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I usually give mine to a local women's shelter. They give them to the women in there so that they can call 911 in an emergency.

Ditto. I usually put the phone, owner manual and any other paper work ina baggie and seal it up so they have everything together.

Whisk_Luva
05-04-2007, 02:46 PM
My last one I gave to my friend coz she loved it! lol!

moosmom
05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I donate mine to the local women's shelter. This last one I got is only 3 months old (used a month). I try to sell it first, and that usually doesn't work so I donate it.

mugsy
05-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I am with Donna...we donate ours to the women's shelter

KittyGurl
05-04-2007, 03:54 PM
My mom usually takes my old cell phones to where you can recycle them, but my dad keeps them. I think he is starting a collection! Too many too count right now! LOL :D

Miss Z
05-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I gave my old one to my little brother, well, partially at least. I needn't have bothered, as soon as he knew it was available he took it anyway. :rolleyes: :p