PDA

View Full Version : Outside Issues? (Raw)

sandragonfly
05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
hello! :)

several of you know I feed my ark raw diet. sometimes it's funny to feed crayola raw - he always eats outside - you know how messy it can be inside! anyway, it had been snowing until last week - he last ate a mega meat in snow and there are some times where he picks up his frozen meat and bring it to snowbank to sit down, gnaw on it but then lost it down there! I had to laugh watching him being an ostrich! haha.

I had to walk over there and find it for him. :rolleyes: :p thankfully it's not snowing anymore, not sure why he likes to eat on/in snow!

do you have (any other) problems with feeding raw outside too to share?

Kfamr
05-04-2007, 09:27 AM
My dogs seem to like to roll their food around in dirt/leaves and get everything stuck to it!

finn's mom
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Finn's food doesn't ever touch the ground. :) I hold the container out for him and he gets his chicken, and that's all she wrote. He chews it and swallows it and rarely ever does it fall onto the ground. No issues so far with feeding raw indoors or outdoors. Except for maybe eggs, because Finn and Freckles pick out the eggshells. They end up on the floor, but not for long... Dudley ends up eating them all. :)

sandragonfly
05-04-2007, 09:42 AM
quoted by kfamr
My dogs seem to like to roll their food around in dirt/leaves and get everything stuck to it!

oh YEAH. when we moved to here, bigger house - our yard/lawn is all grass now. :D

but but, especially right after the yard is mowed... :rolleyes: green raw!? oh here we go, green eggs green ham... :D :o

finn - wow, does he do that while sitting up?

finn's mom
05-04-2007, 09:54 AM
finn - wow, does he do that while sitting up?

He stands while he eats and just chomps away, throwing his head back and never sitting or laying down. :)