PDA

View Full Version : Hair Eating ?????????????

Mandy49202
05-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Why does my cat eat my hair?

we got him from my Aunt and she said that he would push his face into her hair but he is eating my hair some times when i get up i have to pull my hair out of his mouth that can not be good.

the last time he had a hair ball it was more my hair then his! :confused:

please help
mandy

Babyboonie
05-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Gorgeous pictures Mandy....what a furball you have there!!

Sometimes one of my cats licks my hair when i'm asleep to try and wake me up...but luckyily i've never found any of it in a hairball.

Unfortunately i'm not really sure why he does it - have you tried researching on the internet? You might not find much..just a thought?

KittyGurl
05-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Call your vet and see what he thinks.
Mandy is a beautiful cat too! ;)

KitCat
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Are you using Tuna flavored hair products? I don't think hair can hurt your kitty. My cat must have ate some hair of mine he found on the floor because he had really long hair in his poop!

TamanduaGirl
05-26-2007, 06:58 PM
you have long hair? My cat likes to groom people but I'm the only one with long hair. If she grooms me it gets stuck on the spikey bits of her tongue and she then tries to chew it loose. It's not intentionally trying to eat it. there's not much you can do if you don't want to cut your hair shirt but try and keep her from doing it and/or pull your hair from her mouth so it doesn't stay stuck and get chewed. If doing it while your sleeping wear your hair pulled back in a pony tail or other form of protection for it.

Mandy49202
05-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Zepplin is so bad at this that he has pulled out some of the hair ties that i have put in my hair. thank you tho i did not know that he would groom people i know that he grooms himself all the time

DaisyismyBaby
05-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Yes, I have that problem too. I'm sure that the cats are eating it because he doesn't groom me he actually chomps on it. :(