PDA

View Full Version : Some Pet talk prayers, please. *NEW photo update*

jenluckenbach
05-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I am asking for prayers for 3 little kittens. There were originally 5 but the person bottle feeding them OBVIOUSLY was NOT doing a good job, as she lost 2 of them. :(

They went to our (1by1) vet today and are suffering from malnutrition (they were not being fed enough). 2 little calicos and a tabby. One of the calicos was thought to have a broken leg, but it is only underdeveloped. She is very fragile at this time.

I will be fostering them, but not until Sunday (they are with our adoption coodinator right now). She is afraid the smallest one may not make it. :(

Their names are Maybeline (the tiny one), Spring (the other calico) and Rain (the tabby, not even sure of its sex yet).

These kids are only 4 to 5 weeks old. The STOOOOOPID lady trying to HELP ( :rolleyes: ) them never even took them to the vet to see why they were dying or why the one's leg seemed broken. How sad.

I think we might need a miracle.

catmandu
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Those Two Angels Are With The Momma Cat Angels At The Rainbow Bridge Where They Will Be Nursed Until They Are Old Enough To Be Eternal Kitten Angels.
If There Anyone Who Can Nurse Those Babies To Health Its You Jen And We Here Are Sending Our Prayers That You Can Pull Them Through.
Pet Angel Mommas Are Coming To Help In Any Way They Can.

moosmom
05-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Jen,

I'm probably gonna get yelled at for this, but here goes anyway:

First of all little babies, RIP. :(

While I would be angry at this woman's unknowledge of this sort of thing, she did the best she thought she was doing at the time. I am so very sorry to have lost such beautiful babies. But we all must remember, WE TOO WERE IN THAT EXACT SAME POSITION at one time in our lives. So give her a LITTLE credit.

Jen,

You've got my thoughts and prayers on this one, girl.

jenluckenbach
05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Jen,

While I would be angry at this woman's unknowledge of this sort of thing, she did the best she thought she was doing at the time. I am so very sorry to have lost such beautiful babies. But we all must remember, WE TOO WERE IN THAT EXACT SAME POSITION at one time in our lives. So give her a LITTLE credit.

I guess I am less angry about her lack of knowledge than I am angry at her being told (by close friends/family) to TAKE THEM TO THE VET, and she still refused to do so. I don't deny that I myself have lost kittens. :( Sometimes it is inevitable.

I appologize for sounding so harsh.

Prairie Purrs
05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
I do hope the three little ones overcome their rough start and pull through. C'mon, Maybeline, Spring, and Rain!

jennielynn1970
05-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Don't be so quick to yell at Jen L. for being angry... she has every right to be. Let me shed a little more light on this topic, because the person who knew about this situation emailed me about it yesterday, and that's when I put her in touch with the shelter.

First off... the chickie who emailed me had adopted a cat from me last year. His name was Mac, and he was was 14yrs old and FIV+. She and her husband were in love with him she said. Three months after adoption, she emails me and says "Can you come and pick up Mac ASAP" because apparently she had allergies and they had Mac living in the BASEMENT for 1 month. This is a boy that I loved with all my heart... he was in our shelter for 10 YEARS!!! To banish him to the basement was unforgivable. If there was an issue, she should have contacted me immediately. We tell all adopters that.

So, fast forward one year, because I hadn't heard from her after I picked Mac back up that very night (it wasn't convenient for her, but I told her too bad, that he was leaving with me and would not be confined to a basement).

I get the email from her, and she said that the Mother in Law found these babies. Here's her email from yesterday...

Hi Jennie,
The reason for my email is I need some help. Forgive me for targeting you, but I wasn't sure where else I could go. Allow me to explain.
About a month ago, Brian came across some kittens while doing landscaping at his parents house. The kittens were approximately two weeks old and after watching for a few days, we realized the mother was not coming back. Since that time, Brian's mom has been caring for the kittens. She feeds them regularly (kitten formula), keeps them warm (in the house of course), and keeps them as clean as possible. There were five kittens originally, but we lost one (the runt) due to under development a week ago.
I don't feel Brian's mom is able to care for these kittens long term, and I was wondering if One by One had any room for them. I would say they are about 5 weeks old right now. Two calicos, one gray and white tabby, and one all gray kitten with white paws. The reason I say she is unable to care for them is I found out recently that she has not taken them to the vet at all over the past month (which she promised to do), and now one of the kittens has a broken leg (I can only assume she was stepped on by one of the other kittens).
Brian and I visited his parents on Sunday, and were able to interact with the kittens. We noticed the broken leg, and mentioned she needed to go to the vet immediately. Brian's mom promised she would take the kitten the next day. That was four days ago, so you can understand my urgency. Brian's parents are going out of town tomorrow, and we have been asked to kitten sit. I was hoping we could drop them off at One by One instead so they can receive the proper care. I can't let this poor kitten suffer any longer, and I'm sure the other three are in need of a check up as well.
Do you think One by One can help? Brian's mom apparently called the shelter earlier this week and left a message, but I'm honestly not sure she did. Any advice??
Thank you in advance for your time.

SOOOOO.... not only did the mother in law not do anything, but neither did the woman who emailed me. She knew about these kittens for 3-4 weeks, but yet didn't make sure that the MIL took them to the vet.

She emailed later and said she thinks the MIL has some mental issues, but she's not sure. Yeah.. ok. I'm sorry, but that doesn't help HER in my eyes, because she knew about them and didn't do anything to help them. That's neglect.

Oh yeah, and the cat she gave back to me because of allergies... her shots were $5.00 a week. She said she couldn't afford that. Not to be judgemental, but they have a gorgeous new house, new furniture, they both work in great businesses. The husband was totally heartbroken about giving up Mac. The wife was not.

jennielynn1970
05-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh, BTW...
Her name is MAYBELLE.

Much nicer than Maybelline, lol.

AbbyMom
05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Prayers on the way for the little ones. Hopefully your loving care will be enough to bring them around and help them get healthy. Give them a healing kiss from me.

jenluckenbach
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh, BTW...
Her name is MAYBELLE.

Much nicer than Maybelline, lol.
:o :o :o I told Kathy I would be calling her Maybeline since 1)we HAD a May Belle (you know, the "don't reuse names" thing?) AND 2) I always wanted to name a girl Maybeline.

And let's not fight, I chose not to post the WHOLE story because the important part was that these babies might not make it. :(

jennielynn1970
05-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Ooops!! Didn't know you chose Mabelline, lol. My bad!! I guess I just think of cosmetics when I hear it, lol. (I'm a L'Oreal and Neutrogena girl myself).

I just figured I'd post the email she sent me yesterday. She annoys the crap out of me.

Freedom
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Okay, Jen and Jenn, now that you BOTH got this woman off your chest, let's start rooting for the little ones! Please keep us advised of ther progress. They are so young . . . .

phesina
05-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Prayers and good wishes and healing vibrations are being sent to and for the babies.

Gentle skritches and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel

catnapper
05-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Glad you took them Jen.... I emailed Kathy, as I was soooo tempted because of the broken leg thing (remembering fondly of my days with flutter, her sisters, and Angel) But we all know the timing is totally wrong for me right now.

Many prayers coming for these three.

BTW, I personally like Maybelline better than May Belle ;) But I DO think of cosmetics when I hear it

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-04-2007, 06:22 AM
HOW terrible!! prayers on the way for these little babies !!! I wish i could give them a big kiss !

jenluckenbach
05-04-2007, 06:59 AM
morning report is in. they are doing well. VERY HUNGRY! I can't wait to get them.

momtomany
05-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Lots of prayers for the babies are going up as we speak. Keep us informed.

Catlady711
05-04-2007, 12:48 PM

First off, I'm not yelling. lol

The lady may in fact have been unknowledgeable about rearing kittens, however common sense dictates reading the lable of the formula mix for amounts and frequency, as well as at least phoning a vet for advice or going to the library for books on hand rearing kittens.

'Nuff said.

Anikaca77
05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
My prays are with you and the little ones.

Donnaj4962
05-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh my... I do hope that the little ones are doing okay and will make it. They sound so adorable. Many prayers for them coming from Indiana.

:::HINT::: looking forward to some pictures! ;)

momcat
05-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Of course you have prayers for the babies coming straight from Trenton! They must be some real cuties and their being so hungry has to be a very good sign. What lucky little babies going to you for fostering. Knowing they'll be getting your love and care is an answer to our prayers already! They couldn't possibly be in better hands!!!
Please keep us up to date on how they're doing. Pictures?

jenluckenbach
05-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Here is a sneak peek at the babies. (VERY MESSY BABIES) remember, I do not get them until Sunday. I'll get better photos then.

They are stilll "holding their own" :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent their way. I'm sure that the kittens will thrive in your care.

Scooter's Mom
05-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Ooops!! Didn't know you chose Mabelline, lol. My bad!! I guess I just think of cosmetics when I hear it, lol. (I'm a L'Oreal and Neutrogena girl myself).

When I hear Maybelline, I think of 50's rock ... Chuck Berry! :) It's spelled Maybellene according to Wikipedia, but I always think of Chuck Berry.

jenluckenbach
05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
New photo!

I get to meet them (and take them home) tomorrow.

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2007, 07:47 PM
AWWWWW!!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!:D The two calico's are so fluffy. I can't wait to see more pictures of them.:)

jennielynn1970
05-05-2007, 08:09 PM
AWEEE!!! They are so sweet!! I can't wait to meet them!!

catmandu
05-06-2007, 04:18 PM
The Found Cats Love All The Kitten Trio.
I Know That Suzie And Karina Momma Cat Angels Are Staying Over To Help These Littles Grow Along With Jens Expert Care And Tender Loving Care!
Thats So Great Of You Jen To Help These Babies When They Needed You The Most!

jenluckenbach
05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
See here......

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1811402#post1811402

moosmom
05-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Jen,

I was by NO MEANS yelling or berating anyone. I was just trying to give this lady a LITTLE credit. I didn't known that she didn't take her family's advice to bring them to the vet.

Glad to hear the survivors are doing well. There IS hope!