PDA

View Full Version : Wandering dog spray-painted 'Go Home'

critter crazy
05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070502/ap_ … ewU34uQE4F (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070502/ap_on_fe_st/odd_spray_painted_dog;_ylt=AllAWvjXJBr5SfVbkRewU34 uQE4F)

CHUBBUCK, Idaho - Animal control officers had to decide if they were investigating vandalism or animal mistreatment after someone spray-painted a dog. A resident reported that he found the words "Go Home" spray-painted on the sides of his large white dog late last month.

The animal had been allowed to roam freely, Capt. Mike Sanders said.

"An animal like that is domestic property, so technically that's vandalism," Sanders said. "It's really not the dog's fault. He's just doing what dogs do."

It could have been worse, Sanders said. Idaho law requires an unfenced dog to be either on a leash or under supervision of its master. And landowners are allowed to shoot a trespassing dog if that dog is harassing livestock.

Sanders said detectives have not determined who spray-painted the animal. They decided to drop the case, partly because the dog's owner shouldn't have let the dog roam free.

It's both inappropriate and unusual to paint a dog, Sanders said.

"It's a little novel. It's different in the respect that it sends a message," Sanders said. "That's what always appealed to me about this work: It stays interesting."

cyber-sibes
05-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Do you think the owner got the message?

Poor dog, once again the animal pays the price for the stupid human's choice to not care for him properly.

Aspen and Misty
05-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Poor dog, good idea. No really. I feel bad for the doggie for haveing to put up with his owner and for being spray painted.

Honestly though, who hasn't wanted to write a messege to the onwers who allow there dog's to run freely? This person just did it in an artistic way.

Ashley

3muttsandaboston
05-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I can't believe someone spray painted a dog... My sister's jack russel mix got out of the fence one time and a lady attached a note to his collar telling my sister to keep her dog put up.

lute
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Poor dog. I hope the owner keeps better track of the dog now.

Kfamr
05-04-2007, 08:26 AM
I saw this a few days ago. I guess it's a lot better then what they could have done... but sickening still.

mike001
05-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm in favor of the way they decided to send home the message but I have to feel sorry for the dog and hope the paint won't irritate the skin, poor dog.
Owners like that probably wont get the message or the dog will get tied to a chain outside...POOOR dog.

Aspen and Misty
05-04-2007, 11:22 AM
My sister's jack russel mix got out of the fence one time and a lady attached a note to his collar telling my sister to keep her dog put up.

I have considered doing this to 2 dogs in my neighborhood. They are out every day and there owners don't care. I keep thinking if I attached a note maybe there parents would keep a better eye on them and it would help the dog's not meet an unfortunate death because of there owners stupidity.

Ashley

elizabethann
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
If someone had to spray paint a message on Fenway, it would be "stop digging holes".

But serioulsy, I feel bad that the dog had to be spray painted when we all know it's the owner who should have been. Right?

Blue_Frog
05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah, it seems that the dogs always get the raw deal when it comes to stupid owners.

For anyone interested, heres the Smoking Gun link to the actual police report, along with pictures of the spray painted dog

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0503071gohome1.html

cmayer31
05-04-2007, 01:45 PM
How sad for that poor dog. Notice that the responding officer couldn't take pictures of the dog because he had wandered off again. Apparently the owner didn't learn her lesson. :(

Thanks for finding that link Blue Frog