PDA

View Full Version : My mentor is in the hospital

lute
05-03-2007, 02:59 PM
I got an e-mail this morning that my dog show mentor is in the critical care unit. She had a stroke Monday and it isn't looking good. She has blood on her brain and her blood is thick. Please keep her in your prayers that she makes it through. Also for her husband. He works a full time job and is now the only care giver for 30+ Siberian Huskies.

P.S. Also keep praying for my family. Due to our situation we have lost a lot of business. The electricity is shut off at home and we are about to loose our business.

Catty1
05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Prayers going to your mentor and to you.

I hope you get a lawyer that can help you collect some damages....HUGS!

Are there friends you can stay with? How is your mom?

again, {{{{{hugs}}}}}

dukedogsmom
05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I am so sorry for all of you. It seems everything is happening almost at once. I know how that is as it happened to me last year. I do hope you get a good attorney as what's happened is so wrong. I wish I could do something for you :(

lute
05-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks! Because it's not cold out we'll probably sleep at home and go take showers at a friends house in the morning. We have a meeting with a lawyer tomorrow morning. We are definatly getting back at this guy. My mom is still having cramps and bleeding. We went to the doctor today and she might have to have surgery. She got blood drawn to see if she's lost too much blood to even have the procedure. We'll find out tomorrow.

Because we don't have electricity at home right now a friend is babysitting my new chicks so they can have their heat lamp.

Thanks again.

Alysser
05-03-2007, 07:52 PM
This is so sad. I don't know what to say. I will pray for your poor mentor and her hubby, and also for your family. I am gald you are getting back at him.

Reachoutrescue
05-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Lexie, I really hope everything works out for you. If you need anything, give me a call, anytime.

Reachoutrescue
05-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Lexie, I really hope everything works out for you. If you need anything, give me a call, anytime.

cyber-sibes
05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
The poor woman, of course she'll be in my prayers, along with your family.

lute
05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
My mentor is back at her house now. She has a blood clot on her neck, but with her medication she should do ok.

Another plus is business is back up agian. or atleast it was late yesterday and today. We got our electricity back on too. We spoke with our lawyer and he thinks we have a solid case.

Catty1
05-04-2007, 10:24 PM
OH GOOD NEWS ON ALL FRONTS!

I hope your mom will be ok, too. How is she doing?

Good to hear that your lawyer thinks the case is solid. I hope that creep gets some serious psych ward time. He sounds like a sick person!

HUGS!

lute
05-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I hate to turn this whole thread about my family. Last night started as a downer, but this morning it's looking up. My mom went through another part of the miscarriage last night. She got no sleep what so ever. She is a strong lady.

The downer was there is a local police officer that has it in for us. He has literally told us so. He does not like us because of our business. We own a tattoo shop in a small town. This officer went to the News and made up a lot of what he told them. We contacted the News station and told them this. We also called the mayor and got an apologie from him. He is really helping us. The chief of police is also calling us soon. We are sueing the city. Another plus is we have a great lawyer and great friends to back us up.

Thanks for everyone's support!

Catty1
05-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I guess tattooing still has a lot of leftover 'bad vibes' for some people, because of some of its long-ago history - rough sailors getting them done, handing out with prostitutes, and even the popular rumours that tattoos gave a person VD! But this is loooong ago, and people likely don't remember the details.

Which means some people, like that idiot cop, dislike it and probably can't explain exactly why!

You are quietly standing your ground, which is good - and obviously if business is picking up, most folks are a lot smarter than that cop (which may be waaay too easy to do! :p )

I hope your poor mom is over the worst of it physically now - does her doctor check in on her?

HUGS!

dukedogsmom
05-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm so glad things are better! I hope that officer gets in trouble. I'm glad the mayor and police chief are on your side. It's a shame that tattoos still have that bad stigma attached to them. Makes me want to come visit you and get one done there.

lute
05-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Catty1- Thanks again. The doctor has us call him and give him updates. He's been very kind through this whole thing.

dukedogsmom- You are more than welcome to come get a tat! Of course you'll get the PTer discount...I kid you not...there IS such a thing!LOL :D

Catty1
05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Lute - I had an idea. Maybe you or friends could help you too - put together a PowerPoint or something on the History of Tattooing.

You could maybe show it at your store, or a community or church hall - maybe there is a tattoo artist and pro from another town or city who could come and talk and do a Q & A.

Invite the newspaper, town council.

Education might be the key here - and keep it light and interesting. Is there a tattooers' national organization or something? If they are still fighting the stigma that tattooing has, they might be really willing to help out, especially when they hear some of what you are dealing with.

Just a thought. I hope all is going well. :)

dukedogsmom
05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
dukedogsmom- You are more than welcome to come get a tat! Of course you'll get the PTer discount...I kid you not...there IS such a thing!LOL :D
Now that's funny! I might just take you up on that some day. Maybe if I don't have a Duke one done by then, you can do it. You never know.

Sevaede
05-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Good, good, good deal Lexie! :D I've been following the threads (although, unsure of what, exactly, to say :( ) and am so elated for you with this bout of good news! :D:D

Does your shop have a site, portfolio, or whatnot that I could browse? Maybe I'll stop in and get a tat if I'm ever in the area! :D

lute
05-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Good, good, good deal Lexie! :D I've been following the threads (although, unsure of what, exactly, to say :( ) and am so elated for you with this bout of good news! :D:D

Does your shop have a site, portfolio, or whatnot that I could browse? Maybe I'll stop in and get a tat if I'm ever in the area! :D
Thank you. Yes! We actually have a Myspace page for the tattoo shop. Feel free to check it out! Rockstar Tattoo (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16236277)

Catty1,I mentioned your idea to my parents. They said they tried to put an educational piece in the local paper when we first opened. The paper refuses to let us advertise or put anything good about us in the paper. They say that anyone that steps foot into our shop will go to hell. If you havn't noticed we live in a very God fearing small town. Very backwoodsy. Their way or no way.

Some friends of ours are putting together a rally/BBQ for possibly this weekend. So everyone can come out and show their support and give donations toward our legal fees.(Lordy there are a plenty of fees!) We are so thankful for these people. They are really trying to help. :)

Catty1
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi, Lute - what I meant was - in addition to this great BBQ - is having a separate educational event in a community hall or something, and let the paper know it's going on. Contact their competition too, the next nearest paper! That'll bug them.

Is your myspace address on your building, and brochures or ads you do? Might be an idea.

Try this place and see if they have some help and info: http://www.cctattoo.org/

lute
05-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Oh ic! That's a good idea! I'll give mom the link. Hopefully we can work on something like this.