PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a dog, but...

Scooter's Mom
05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
I always post here, since I'm such a cat lover. My hubby is the dog lover in the family. Don't get me wrong, I love all animals. Kitties just steal my heart!

After my hubby has said forever "No more pets!" he's gone and done it. A man he works with has a shih tzu who has been living outdoors for a year or more (yep, in Arizona heat!) and has decided it's time he finally got rid of it. Instead of dumping him somewhere, or taking him to the pound, he asked my hubby if we wanted him. My hubby said yes. We're supposed to pick him up tomorrow evening (Thursday) after work.

He needs a bath and a haircut (scheduled for Saturday already)... but this is OREO!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/Crystal_1972/Pets/Oreo/de7ee0b6.jpg

He's registered, unaltered, and the man who owns him now says he is "2 or 3" but like all men doesn't really remember. Anyway, just wanted to introduce the little guy. We have a lot of work to do - getting him readjusted to indoor living. I will not make him be an outside dog again. They say he's current on his shots, too. So they'll give us his shot records too.

Thanks for looking!

catlady1945
05-03-2007, 06:41 AM
He looks really cute. Congratulations!

catmandu
05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
And quite the Handsome Happy Dog as well.
The Found Cats and I send our greetings and love to Oreo.

Scooter's Mom
05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Oreo is VERY shy. Apparently the people they got Oreo from hurt him - the man did anyway. So now I have a 3rd shadow - my 2 kitties and now Oreo! He's a sweet little guy. Smelly as all get out though. Blech! He's got a vet appt scheduled for next Thursday (earliest we can get in with our work schedule). He hasn't had shots for a year and a half (as long as the other people have had him). I am especially concerned about heartworm since he's been outside that entire time. The vets office says it should be no problem to keep him with Jadie, as she IS current on all of her shots. The vets office did say if there is any sign of vomiting or diarrhea in Oreo, to separate them immediately and call them.

So far, so good.

shais_mom
05-04-2007, 12:11 AM
aaww he looks just like my neighbor's little Zoey! :)
he's adorable!!
welcome to Pet Talk!

Fuzzybuns
05-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Aw, he's awesome! Welcome Oreo...

I have a shizzy. He's in my tag. Oreo looks like the one my mom inlaw had, her name was Sassy and she was the sweetest thing. She pouted if I didn't take a Sassy minute (actually more like 30) to love and play everytime we went over there...she'd avoid my husband like the black plague though. :D

momcat
05-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Welcome Oreo! Wow, you sure are one handsome guy. Once your new furever family gets you groomed and your vet gives you a good look-see, all the little girl doggies will be lining up at your door. Who could possibly resist a sweetie like you?
You found a wonderful new home where you'll be loved, cared for, and safe. PT pets get the very best of everything so you never have to be scared or sad ever again.
Please ask your new parents to let you visit us again on the cat side?

Scooter's Mom
05-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks for looking at Oreo!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/Crystal_1972/Pets/Oreo/d469159a.jpg
there he is after being groomed this morning... his face hair was left a little too long for my taste, but oh well. :) Hubby picked up the little ones at the groomer so I can't complain.

Thanks again for looking.

catmandu
05-05-2007, 05:35 PM
My Dear Bosco the Boston Terrier has come down from the Rainbow Bridge to be Oreos Guardian Angel Dog and to be his friend.
I dont have a photo of Dear Bosco, just think of the Dog in the Buster Brown Shoes.
You fellow Old Timers that is.
Bosco was my Companion about 45 yeras agp and I still remember him with love!!!He was a Great Little Dog who was our Dear Friend and I cant wait to see him again after all these years.
One Fine Day.

Scooter's Mom
05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
The groomer says Oreo has a skin condition... like an allergy type. It can cause him to lose all his hair, and potentially be very expensive.

I am hoping it's nothing serious, and it will go away since he is no longer an outside doggie.

joycenalex
05-06-2007, 01:47 PM
what a cutie! how are the cats doing with him there?

momcat
05-06-2007, 04:29 PM
The groomer says Oreo has a skin condition... like an allergy type. It can cause him to lose all his hair, and potentially be very expensive.
Many years ago I had a Scottish Terrier who had a problem that sounds quite similar. I used to take Haggis outside with me so he could run around and play. In spite of my best grooming efforts he developed an itch and did loose some of his fur, it did grow back though. Our vet at the time said it was some sort of allergy to leaves and grass. Don't remember what we did about it, sorry. You may want to consider asking your vet about it. Oreo looks wonderful post grooming! Please pet him for me?

krazyaboutkatz
05-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats!!! Welcome to your new loving forever home Oreo!!!:) I hope that his skin allergy will clear up soon.

When I was growing up our family dog's skin was also very sensitive and if she even had 1 flea on her she'd go crazy and scratch and roll around. She'd get hot spots and loose some of her fur too. She was a beagle/schnauzer mix and then had to go on pred to help control it.