PDA

View Full Version : We think it is time....

sparks19
05-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Well we think it is time to start looking for a playmate for Belle. She really needs a doggy friend.... it is hard to get her to play without a doggy playmate... she just doesn't "get" the whole toy thing lol. She's funny that way. She seems lonely for the company of another dog since Teddy's tragic passing. We also want to get another dog soon so that the new dog can get adjusted and we can train it the way we want it before the baby comes.

So.... we are probably going to stop by the shelter this weekend and take a look at who is there.

We have also planted Teddy's memorial tree in our back yard. it is a Royal Star magnolia. right now it kind of looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.... it's just a baby tree. But the leaves are starting to come out and it will grow over time. We buried half of Teddy's ashes in the soil of the tree and the other half is kept in an urn on top of our piano.

We still miss him and hurt so badly everyday.... but we think it is time to start the search for another dog.

Alysser
05-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I wish you all the best of luck in find a new furkid. He/she will never take the pain away, but it will help you heal over the tragic loss. I am still in shock when I read the thread he is really gone..He was my favorite dog on here.

Good luck, and please keep us updated!

It may take time, but Teddy will make sure you find the perfect angel for you both and his sister. :)

Ginger's Mom
05-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Very well said, Alyssa. Good luck in your search, Tonya. I am sure Teddy and Belle are already using their doggie bond to find the perfect new playmate/family member. {{{Hugs}}}

Giselle
05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
*hugs* I haven't had to deal with any deaths of my dogs so I can't even imagine the hurt that still remains. I hope this new dog will bring you much newfound joy and happiness. Nothing can replace Teddy, but I'm sure this new addition will help you to begin a bright, new chapter in your life.

chocolatepuppy
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm sure Belle will love having a new play mate. Good luck in your search. :)

sparks19
05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks everyone

We took Belle over to a friends house last weekend and they have two dogs.... and it was the first time since Teddy's passing that I have REALLY seen her enjoy herself and run around and be playful. I know she misses the company of another dog. With people.... she just wants to cuddle, not play. So I know this will do her some good. As well as for the both of us.

Taz_Zoee
05-02-2007, 09:41 PM
That's great that you are ready. It was up to Bruce when DJ passed as to when we got another dog. DJ passed away on 3/16/05 and we brought Zoee home on 4/8/05. It was very hard to go out in the garage or out one of the doors to the backyard without thinking of DJ and hurting. So getting Zoee helped us focus our attention on something else. (Zoee is an indoor only dog, thanks to DJ)
DJ is right up on a shelf in the family room watching over all of us. Just as Teddy is on the piano. And I'm sure he will guide the perfect dog for you right to you.

K9karen
05-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Teddy will definitely be there to help you choose the perfect pup (speaking from personal experience). I think you're making a sweet decision to comfort Belle. She'll be such a wonderful teacher and role model. Good luck and Happiness always!

critter crazy
05-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Good luck in your search. I am sure that Teddy will guide you along the way. It is alway a tough decision to bring another dog home after one passes. But belle definitely needs someone to hang with, and to love. Teddy will always be with her.

Puckstop31
05-03-2007, 07:09 AM
I miss Teddy everyday. I miss him most both when I have time to think while driving during the day and at night. During the evenings, he would usually cudle up with me on the love seat while Tanya and I were watching TV. I miss that the most. Heck, I am tearing up a bit just writing this...

Ahem... But, I also think it is time for a new doggie. Tanya is right about how Belle needs a friend. When we were over at our friends house she was having a great time. I look forward to adopting a new friend from a shelter soon. There is a hound mix in particular that we saw on PetFinder that we are interested in.

:)

pitc9
05-03-2007, 07:40 AM
{hugs} to you.
I'm sure Teddy will be there with you in your search for the perfect play mate for Belle!

Kfamr
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm sure Teddy will lead you to the "perfect" pup for you & Belle. :)