PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #210.. Yes, you May!

RICHARD
05-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I owe KK and Liz coffee and Bailey's..DONE!

Let's start with the DOTD...Slushies and I'll do some Mexican food?

Carnitas (little meat) pork cooked in a pit and served with cilantro-coriander, onions and salas on warm corn or flour tortillas.

Guacamole, red and green salsa, ceviche and tons of rice and beans.

Fajitas and nachos too!

---------

Cinco de Mayo is the anniversary of the Battle of Puebla in 1862,

LOL,
I have no problem with people 'celebrating' this day..It's just when they do the "Happy Cinco de Mayo"....

War and killing isn't something to celebrate-It was a fight between the Mexican and French government over loans made to the Mexican government.

It's an interesting story and if you get a chance check it out!

Now, without any further ado....

DONE!

davidpizzica
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
RICHARD, I'll be your first customer for a double slushie.I'll also have that first Mexican meal you mentioned (forgot the name).

cassiesmom
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh, good ... since we're eating Mexican food I brought some posole ... Mario, is there any Tecate cerveza in the fridge? If not, I'll have a Red Stripe.

luckies4me
05-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Man o man do I ever need a drink! One non alcoholic slushie for me please! :D

I can't wait to drink real drinks again! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
RICHARD, I'll be your first customer for a double slushie.I'll also have that first Mexican meal you mentioned (forgot the name).

Un plato? (one plate?) Double slushie on the side?

DONE!

CM,

Posole? You got it!..Of course we have Tecate!

Done!

sparks19
05-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey .... we hae Fajitas for dinner tonight :D

Can I have a virgin slushie? :D

RedHedd
05-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Hola! There you are! Fajitas, Taquitos, chimichangas (I love saying that!), flautas, mojitos, margaritas and there goes Mario in a sombrero! Mario es Muy guapo! :D No, Mario, the tortillas are NOT frisbees!

Un plato de nachos y un poco muy caliente salsa verde, por favor :cool:

Lady's Human
05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Frisbee tortillas?

Reminds me of a bad meal from camp when I was a kid.....

Tostadas......cha cha cha cha chaaa....

Let's just say the meal had much more success as implements for suicide frisbee than it did as actual nutrition.

Edwina's Secretary
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Hecho! :D :D :D

DJFyrewolf36
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I owe KK and Liz coffee and Bailey's..DONE!

Let's start with the DOTD...Slushies and I'll do some Mexican food?

Carnitas (little meat) pork cooked in a pit and served with cilantro-coriander, onions and salas on warm corn or flour tortillas.

Guacamole, red and green salsa, ceviche and tons of rice and beans.

Fajitas and nachos too!

---------

Cinco de Mayo is the anniversary of the Battle of Puebla in 1862,

LOL,
I have no problem with people 'celebrating' this day..It's just when they do the "Happy Cinco de Mayo"....

War and killing isn't something to celebrate-It was a fight between the Mexican and French government over loans made to the Mexican government.

It's an interesting story and if you get a chance check it out!

Now, without any further ado....

DONE!

I celebrate it by saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to myself lol. This year I hit the quarter century mark...

Sigh I feel old lol...Ill take a Corona and some bean dip :D

Edit, Im also celebrating my new job, Im back working at the transportation department again as a road striper. Its fun work, oddly enough!

Karen
05-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Not hot enough here for a slushie yet - I'd get brain freeze! Hmmm ... carnitas, please, and here at Thursdays I'm not allergic to anything, so pile on the good stuff! ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-03-2007, 07:55 AM
What a spread! I'll take a really really big plato please, with extra ceviche and a slushy! :D Beautiful day again today, I think I'll sit outside with my lunch.

smokey the elder
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Yum, carnitas. When I was at Disneyworld I got this really good Mexican cookbook, and there are loads of great preps in there from all over Mexico.

Randi
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Uhm, I'm getting hungry here.... I'll have a tortilla (are they the soft ones?) with all kinds of yummy filling, and a bowl of Nacho's con queso. Oh, and some Guacamole for dip, please! To go with that, I think a Sol or Corona would be right.

I'll join you outside, KK! :D

gini
05-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Morning everyone - I brought some taquitos and guacamole.

I make a mean Huevos Rancheros..........anyone want to try it? Great breakfast dish.

Hmmm, a little too early for a beer...........I'll go make some fresh squeezed orange juice.

Dorothy39
05-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Huevoes Rancheros sounds excellent right now~ Let's see if Richard has some more of those "stolen" oranges!!!! :D

slick
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
I make a mean Huevos Rancheros..........anyone want to try it? Bring it on, girlfriend!!!! ;) ;) Morning everyone! Nice to see you all bright-eyed and bushy tailed on this fine day. Not leaving for work just yet so I think I'll have a spanish coffee to give this day a kick-start. Also brought along some of my Baileys. Enjoy!

catland
05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Hola. Huevos Rancheros sound muy delicioso. I'll get a big bucket of ice and start cooling off the Coronas and some Dos Equis for this afternoon. I'd like to slice up some limes, but I can't find the knife. Anyone see it?

RICHARD
05-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Man o man do I ever need a drink! One non alcoholic slushie for me please! :D

I can't wait to drink real drinks again! :rolleyes:

On v-slushie!

DONE!

S19,

Another V-slushie!
DONE!

Redd,

Nachos Y salsa verde!

DONE!

LH,

That is 'industrial mexican' food.
Ewww, sometimes eating out is an experience-what passes for M-food.

A little fun fact about tortillas and SoCal.....

We have a "doo-dah parade" in Pasadena -it's a farce of the Rose Parade.
Some college kids used to take tortillas and use them as frisbees during the event. It got so bad that you can be arrested/or ticketed for tossing tortillas during the event-apparently people were taking hits to the face! :eek:

ES,

Drink or food?

DONE?

DJ,

Corona and BD?
Done...

BTW,

Will someone open the windows?

I got the feeling that once the Orc and Mario start to 'process' the beans we may be in trouble!!

Karen,
One carnitas especial! Tea with your plate?

DONE!

KK,
Un plato...ceviche and slushie! Enjot the weather!

DONE!

STE,

A carnitas Plate! DONE?

Randi,
Soft?, You bet! corn or flour?

Go sit outside with KK and I'll get the Orc to bring you your plate!
DONE!

Gini,

THanks for the huevos....Hey, you go sit, I'll squeeze!
DONE!

D39,
Stolen always taste better!

DONE!

Slick...GOOD MORNING!

Bright eyed and I checked Lady, the orange kitty and Mario.....Bushy tailed alright!

One order of HR......If KK and Randi don't mind we can open up the patio for everyone.....can't waste a day like today!

Catland,

The kniives are in the dishwasher.....

Let me see if I can borrow the Orc-Sword for you? We just have to make sure we clean it off before we give it back.

I borrowed it to do the blueberries last week, He picked it up before I cleaned...He wiped his hands all over a wallpaper in the pantry... :rolleyes:

Done!

------------------

Hey, Mario..

Take that hat off......you cannot put chips in the brim and salsa on top to serve everyone! Sheesh!

We have a special treat later on....A real Mariachi band!!

RedHedd
05-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Hecho! :D :D :D
Gesundheit :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Nachos for me with a cherry limeade, please???

Mario says he'd like a taco and a taste of whatever everyone else is having! :D

lvpets2002
05-03-2007, 04:34 PM
;) :p Oh Hurray Richard your back to open up the bar.. Yum Yum Mexican Food.. Could I get a Long Island Slushie.. :rolleyes: Mario please dont squash the alvacados with your feet.. Yukk.. Mario pay attention & hand out the slushies & dinner plates.. :cool:

gini
05-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Aww, our little Mario. Don't we all love him? (well, most of the time).

Has anyone given him a bowl of cherries recently? He has been good to the orange kitten, hasn't had a fight with Lady and hasn't even beaten the Orc
on the head recently.

Lady's Human
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Mario gets Phred and I stuck in the L+F and you want to give the little fink a bowl of cherries?

Anyway, Barkeep, I'll take an OJ and ginger ale. I think I went back to work a day to early today :( .

RICHARD
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Nachos for me with a cherry limeade, please???

Mario says he'd like a taco and a taste of whatever everyone else is having! :D

Who am I to deny food for Mario?

Nachos and a CLA?

DONE!

A taco and some bottled water for Mario...We have to pace him!

LOL...

LP,
A LIS? DONE! And how's about some hand smashed guacamole?

DONE?

Hey, Gini...

Drink?

LH,

GA and OJ? Dude, Hope ya feel better!
DONE!

Hey, I found a pic of the thing on the ships, I posted on the Deadliest Catch thread. If ya have a minute?
Thanks!

DONE!

slick
05-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Deadliest Catch??? Sheesh, sounds like my ex....... :eek: **shudders** Boy was that a bad mistake. Funny how little comments can bring back nightmares.... :eek: :rolleyes:

Well here it is coming up to 4pm and the office is dead. Everyone is so busy but most people on my floor have gone home. Yippee....time for an afternoon spot of tea.....NOT!!!! Bring on the booze Richard. I'm counting down the days until my vacation and I'm parched just thinking about it. :D

I'll take one double BM with a twist of lime and a shot of Jose as a chaser. Anyone up for putting on some Mexican music and swinging around the old dance floor??? Mario...how about you? Put on your sombraro let's go!!!!

cassiesmom
05-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Is the mariachi band here yet? Could I please have a club soda with a slice of lime that was cut with the Orc-sword. It smells good in here from the huevos rancheros and the carnitas. I like Mexican food. My dad's "old" neighborhood, where he grew up, has gradually gone from Eastern European to Mexican. It seems like the Mexican families want their children and grandchildren around them for Sunday dinner, just like the Polish families did when they were living there. The languages might be different but the role of the family seems pretty similar. Hey, is that fresh guacamole? Mario, were your feet clean when you mashed the avocado?

gini
05-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh Mario, honey, don't cry! She didn't say your feet smelled - she just asked if they were clean when you stomped on the avocados.Mario - they WERE clean weren't they?

cyber-sibes
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
*sniff *sniff... wow, that Mexican food smells wonderful, boy, am I hungry! Does we happen to have any tamales? They're my favoirte! Here, Mario, I brought you some castinets to play while you dance!

slick
05-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh Mario, I don't care if your feet smell or not. You should smell mine after a long day!!!! :eek: Come on sweetie, let's dance. Olay Olay!!

Edwina's Secretary
05-03-2007, 07:36 PM
ES,

Drink or food?

RICHARD....my momma always told me to say..."I don't drink and I don't chew and I don't go with boys who do!" :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

lvpets2002
05-04-2007, 11:00 AM
:p Here you go Mario a Olay Olay Dancing Partner.. Now Mario take off that TiKi skirt & stop sticking your feet in the dog's nose for smelling.. Slick stated dont worry about the smell.. Enjoy the dance.. :D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/cinco_de_mayo_dog.gif

RedHedd
05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
No no no! It's not a face product! The word is "Ole!" :p Oh wait, Mario, what IS that all over your face? Oil of Olay? :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
WOW! Look at all the avocado footprints on the dance floor!!! Mario, you must have really been busting a move there!!! :D

The sun is actually out here today for the first time in a week!!!
Another cherry limeade to celebrate, please? :D

Babyboonie
05-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Man....I missed Thursday!!!! Happy Friday - is that still the same????

Dorothy39
05-04-2007, 09:56 PM
RICHARD....my momma always told me to say..."I don't drink and I don't chew and I don't go with boys who do!" :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

Laughing~~~ ( stop that Mario, come on fella, :D )

My Dad always said ~ "I don't drink, and I don't chew, and I don't go with girls that do"!

Okay Mario, Let's DANCE !!!

gini
05-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Rise and shine everyone - it's Saturday!! We have been partying so much that this place is really dirty. Grab those scrub buckets and let's do some cleaning up.

I promise you a great lunch! Anyone like a Monte Cristo sandwich? I have some homemade strawberry jam for them too. (remember - no calories here allowed).

lizbud
05-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey, what's a Monte Cristo sandwich? It sounds interesting.
I was just thinking about the tornadoes in the plains states and wondered
if Moff has checked in yet today? Hope all is well for our Oklahoma & Kansas
friends.

cyber-sibes
05-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Anyone like a Monte Cristo sandwich? I have some homemade strawberry jam for them too. (remember - no calories here allowed).Oh gosh, I haven't had one of those in years! Yes, I'd love one, especially since they're calorie-free. ;)
I wore my "scrubby" clothes, lunch first?

*edit - Liz, a Monte Cristo sandwich has ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese between two slices of bread, then it's soaked in an egg-batter and grilled or deep-fried. See why the calorie-free version is so tempting?

*edit again - found a picture:

lizbud
05-05-2007, 12:59 PM
*edit - Liz, a Monte Cristo sandwich has ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese between two slices of bread, then it's soaked in an egg-batter and grilled or deep-fried. See why the calorie-free version is so tempting?

Great, thanks Pat. :) I would love one & also a cold draft beer please.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Just popping in for a cherry vanilla coke and to ask everyone who will to spare a thought and/or a prayer for the folks in Greensburg, KS. That poor town was 95% destroyed by a tornado last night. At least 6 are dead. :(

gini
05-05-2007, 01:17 PM
MOFF - good to hear you are alright. Goodness, these tornados are something else! I couldn't believe that it wiped out the entire town. Those poor people.

A cherry vanilla coke for you with a side of onion rings.

A good Monte Cristo (thanks for explaining what they are) also is sprinkled with powdered sugar when it is done - and comes with a side of some type of jam - raspberry - strawberry. See why it doesn't have any calories here at Thursdays?

Lunch is just about ready - and the beer is on ice.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks Gini. I can't but think of the old saying, "there but for the grace of God goes I." :(

I really needed an onion ring break today!!!

Lady's Human
05-05-2007, 04:45 PM
MOFF,

I was thinking of you when I saw that story on the news, hoping you weren't anywhere near it.

No calories? How about no stomach upset? If that's true I'll take a couple sandwiches myself.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
MOFF,

I was thinking of you when I saw that story on the news, hoping you weren't anywhere near it.

No calories? How about no stomach upset? If that's true I'll take a couple sandwiches myself.
Thanks LH. I'm in SE Kansas and Greensburg is in Western Kansas. Poor people are under another tornado watch for tonight.

I just can't imagine going through what they are. It's bad enough to lose your home but to lose not only everything you have but your job too and have to rely on others for your very existense, it just boggles my mind. It would really freak me out not to be able to take care of my cats!!! :(

Lady's Human
05-05-2007, 05:54 PM
MOFF,

You're making me SO thrilled about my drive to OK next week.

:p

momoffuzzyfaces
05-05-2007, 06:26 PM
MOFF,

Sorry about that LH. Just check into the weather channel from time to time. With any luck, the weather will be nice. It is once in a while. :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2007, 06:45 PM

LH:

Didn't you just "return" from Oklahoma a week or two ago?? :confused:

How often do you venture over there?

Lady's Human
05-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Entirely too often, Phred.

RICHARD
05-06-2007, 11:55 PM

hmmmm....

I owe everyone some serious service.

I got into a fight with a fern, Man, does that hurt. I have two thorns, one in each hand...

Amazing how little pieces of veggie matter can give you religion!

Can I start off with making a bunch of MC sandwiches for the group?

done!

cassiesmom
05-07-2007, 11:50 AM
LH, please be careful going to Oklahoma. They have had some nasty weather down there.

MoFF, I was worried about you when I saw the weather reports from Kansas. I'm glad you checked in.

Mario ... do you have Olay on your face and avocado on your feet? That's so attractive... :rolleyes:

RedHedd
05-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Mario ... do you have Olay on your face and avocado on your feet? That's so attractive... :rolleyes:
Oh, but his skin is going to feel oh-so-soft! :D Mario, your tootsies will be ready for a sunny pedicure! Yes! That's the trick! Bright, blingy tootsies! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
LH, please be careful going to Oklahoma. They have had some nasty weather down there.

MoFF, I was worried about you when I saw the weather reports from Kansas. I'm glad you checked in.

We've had quite a string of thunderstorms with lots of lightening. I'm just now able to get on line from yesterday. It's supposed to storm off and on all week!!! LH, take your boots if heading to OK! They get the stuff first then share it with us. Aren't they sweet? :D

RICHARD
05-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm putting the grill on for some hot dogs and burgers and beer...

I ain't cooking-For the last four days I have been trying to dig out some fern thorns I jammed into my hands-right in the joints of both middle fingers :eek:

I had to carve them out with a pair of twezers and a needle....
THe cold beer bottle feels good on my wounds.

DONE! :eek:

Lady's Human
05-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I'll cook whatever ya want on the grill, Barkeep.

Just get me a white russian or 10 while I'm cooking.

RICHARD
05-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I'll cook whatever ya want on the grill, Barkeep.

Just get me a white russian or 10 while I'm cooking.

You got it!

One, two, three , four, five, six.....ten WhiTe Russians.

DONE!

RICHARD
05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I got some shrimp enchiladas, cesar salad, cold beer and a flan for dessert on the manu...anyone intereted? :D

lvpets2002
05-09-2007, 08:52 AM
:) You darn toottnn we are interested.. Yum Yum.. Mario stop throwing the shrimp & get out of that nice crisp salad.. Mario go get us a cold brewskee.. :D
I got some shrimp enchiladas, cesar salad, cold beer and a flan for dessert on the manu...anyone intereted? :D