PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

jamalucy
05-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi, I am mom slave to 5 basset hounds, 1 mini doxie and 1 mixed rottie.
All the bassets are rescues from Basset Hound Rescue of Alabama. www.bhra.org The rottie mix was rescued from a bad side of the city and taken to a vet where i adopted her. The mini doxie was about to be moved off and left so we got him too and instead of sending him to a rescue, we took him to the vet and got him all fixed up and kept him too. That makes us have 7 dogs.
We also have 3 cats, and one horse. All the cats are rescues from my work. The horse was born into my lap and she has been with me all her life. She is now 20 years old.
I work with law enforcement as animal control officer. It is quite often an interesting job work with the police.

Freedom
05-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Good morning, and welcome to Pet Talk! This site is a lot of fun, with many folks from all over USA and Canada. This site "can" be addictive! We just LOVE photos (hint hint). You certainly have a full house.

I am Sandra, I have a busy household as well. Nine cats and a dog. Most are either from the city shelter or foundlings. Best wishes!

Kfamr
05-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Welcome!

I am mom of 4 rescued dogs, so I appreciate it when I see other rescues. :)

I'm going to second the photo comment, I'd especially like to see your Rottie mix! :) I am a sucker for black and tan dogs. ;)

Flatcoatluver
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to pt! Wow you are doing my dream job! We would love to see pictures here! :)

buttercup132
05-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Wow what a cool job! I'd love to do that aswell except I think I'd go balistic on the on the people who abuse their pets. Sounds like you have a house full. Picture please!:D

Muddy4paws
05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
:D You will fit in so well here with your mini zoo :p Cant wait for photos!

lute
05-02-2007, 04:32 PM
WELCOME TO PT!!! :D

Thanks for rescueing! Your pups sound adorable! Any pics of them?

lvpets2002
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
:) Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pictures..