PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm going to be gone for Mother's Day...

Kfamr
05-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Since I am leaving on May 6th and won't be home for Mother's Day, my mom has gotten a gift each day since Sunday.

This is what she got so far/will get:

Sunday: Gardening knee pad (for weeding/dead heading/etc.) She used old towels before.
- I gave it to her while we were in the garden together, and asked what the weeds were doing down there. She said she hadn't got them yet and didn't want to get her towel to do it. So I put the kneepad down, which was behind my back. :p

Monday: Visor CD holder with turtle design
-I put it in her car after she had gone to bed on Sunday. She woke up in the morning, drove to work without noticing it. On the way home she went to get a CD out of her console and they weren't there, so she just continued driving. She finally noticed it after a while on the way home. :p

Tuesday: Turtle candle holder
-I told her it smelt like wet dog in the house (the dogs just got gome from swimming at the island) and asked her if she had a candle I could burn in my candle holder.

Wednesday: Turtle stepping stone for the garden
-I'm going to place it in the garden somewhere, see if she notices it!

Thursday: We're going to the Florida Botanical gardens today, so I'm going to buy here something there.

Friday: Book; "Why daughters need mothers"
- Figured I'd place it in her chair with a bag of her favorite snacks. Friday is always the busiest day at our work.

Saturday:
HOPEFULLY my brother and sister will cooperate and we will get a picture of the three of us before I leave. We were supposed to do it on Sunday last week but they both broke plans on me. If not, I'm just going to print out one of the dogs and I.

Sunday: Breakfast

So, do you think that makes up for being gone on Mother's Day? :p

PJ's Mom
05-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Will you be my daughter? :p

Daisy and Delilah
05-02-2007, 07:47 AM
What could be more thoughtful than that? Clearly, you have a great Mom, Kay. You know how to show her how much she means to you. I know she knows that she has raised a wonderful daughter :) Those gifts would have touched me beyond belief. Great job!! :)

Cataholic
05-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Well, it seems like the circle has completed....she raised her child in a wonderful way, and that child is wonderful to her mother.

You are so sweet and tender-hearted, Kay. I would be honoured to call you my daughter!

Logan
05-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Definitely a winner, Kay!!!! :) I know your mother is thrilled with her daily surprises!!! I think that is a terrific idea!

Taz_Zoee
05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Wow, you are so creative and thoughtful. Those are great ideas!! :D
We always just left the house so mom could have a quiet peaceful day to herself. LOL

jackmilliesmom
05-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Wow guys you are behind aren't you we had our Mothers Day was in March I got mine an orchid and a voucher for massage and also a voucher for her fav restuarant for dinner for 2 for herself and a friend (my dad passed away a long time ago but she has plenty of female friends without children and whose husbands have also passed away and she goes out with them and some of them look on us as their children.)

She enjoyed it thoroughly and has told me to top it next year.... That will be difficult because she has everything so we were thinking of paying for her and a friend to go away for a weekend somewhere.

Ginger's Mom
05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, it seems like the circle has completed....she raised her child in a wonderful way, and that child is wonderful to her mother.

You are so sweet and tender-hearted, Kay. I would be honoured to call you my daughter!
Well said. I agree with this. You and your mother are both special ladies. Happy Mother's Week, Kay's Mom.

cyber-sibes
05-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh Kay, you are so sweet!
Would you give lessons to my boys on Mother's Day ettiquette? I'll send you my sons' e-mail addresses!

caseysmom
05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I am still green with envy over that mosiac bird feeder you got her last year :D

Jadapit
05-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Oh Kay, you are so sweet!
Do you give lessons on Mother's Day ettiquette for boys? I'll send you my sons' e-mail addresses!

Lol! I agree cyber-sibes! ;)

You really are a sweet and thoughtful daughter Kay.