PDA

View Full Version : Party Invitation - gals only, and a man is now attending..update

Catty1
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Not his fault either.

I have my hysterectomy on May 22nd (three weeks from today :eek: ). A while back, I decided to have a Bye Bye Period party - part of the idea to invite a bunch of gal friends over and have munchies and coffee and fun!

I did individual invitations, which I mailed or delivered by hand. When I emailed reminders, I used BCC. So no one knew who else was coming - and I never SAID 'gals only'. I ASSUMED - and we know how THAT is spelled!

So one friend called up and said that Jim (I'll call him) is coming along too. Now, I knew Jim long before I knew his partner - we performed together as musicians, and he is a real sweetie. I would love to have his support and input.

However - do the rest of the folks coming know a guy will be here? Does it matter, especially since no one knows who is coming, and maybe they didn't all assume "all women" as I did. Should I call everyone else and see if they are ok with this???

These are dear people and I don't want to hurt them. I did reply and say I hoped Jim didn't mind being the only guy there. I wish I had thought it through a little longer. Jim's partner is very with it, but this didn't cross her mind.

Heck I could make party favours out of 'feminine products' and Jim would get a real laugh out of it, and come up with other clever things that could be built from the same materials.

It's ok with me...I don't know how OK it will be all around.

HELP! Any ideas????

Catlady711
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Best thing would have been to put 'gals only' in the invitation if that's what you really wanted all along. Since you didn't do that, I'd say you're safe not having to notify everyone else that's coming that a guy will be there. If he's fine with that theme of the party, and you're comfortable with him there, then just have fun! Good luck.

Catty1
05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks. Yeah, that makes sense - after all, I was the only one with the invitation list! lol

Karen
05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
In fact, if you know he'll be the only guy there, and you know he'll appreciate the humor, you can make him a name badge that says "Honorary Gal for this event only!"

columbine
05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
In fact, if you know he'll be the only guy there, and you know he'll appreciate the humor, you can make him a name badge that says "Honorary Gal for this event only!"Maybe even present him with a ceremonial bottle of nail polish!

Love, Columbine

Prairie Purrs
05-01-2007, 11:12 PM
In fact, if you know he'll be the only guy there, and you know he'll appreciate the humor, you can make him a name badge that says "Honorary Gal for this event only!"

That's what my female friends and I do when any of our male friends shows up for a women's gathering--we don't make him wear a name badge, but we do designate him an honorary woman for the occasion.

Twisterdog
05-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I know lots of cool guys that would think that would be a hoot. I so wouldn't worry about it. As long as he knows he's the only guy, and is cool with it, good for him! Invite a few more of your coolest guy buddies, what the heck. I seriously can't imagine too many guys who don't/didn't have moms, sisters, wives or daughters at some point. Most of them are pretty comfortable with "girl stuff" by mid-adulthood.

Catty1
05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
LOLOL! :D Honorary Girl/Gal! That is PERFECT! He'll love it!

THANKS!!!!!

dukedogsmom
05-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Congrats! That was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It came one day after my birthday and I told my doctor that it was the best present ever! Good luck with your recovery, too. Carry a pillow to hold your stomach when you get up and walk. It works wonders. And the party sounds like lots of fun. Wish I had thought of something like that.

sirrahved
05-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Maybe even present him with a ceremonial bottle of nail polish!

Love, Columbine

Heck with the nail polish. He needs his own extra super absorbant box of tampons!

I think it's great that you turned this into a party, and even greater that you have so many friends (even men!) that support you and want to party with you.

Catty1
05-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Heck with the nail polish. He needs his own extra super absorbant box of tampons!

ROFLMBO!

Gee...I think all I have is leftovers! :p

Pawsitive Thinking
05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
If he's fine with that theme of the party, and you're comfortable with him there, then just have fun! Good luck.

He's sounds like the sort of friend we could all use! Have a great time

Freedom
05-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Just make sure HE knows the theme of the party and all. Since you know him so well, DON'T rely on his partner to tell him.

Then sit back and enjoy.

Catty1
05-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Heck, his partner Laura was all ready to make me slippers and things out of "feminine supplies" lol

slick
05-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I have a few packages of leftover supplies that have not been used in 3 or so years. Should I mail them to you???? :D :D

Catty1
05-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Aw, Slick....what a true friend! :D ROFL

Actually, one woman on Hystersisters who bought this stuff whenever it was on sale, had QUITE a stock.

She donated it all to a women's shelter. Cool!

Catty1
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Back to the party for a moment...a friend of mine said I should talk to Steve himself, in case he didn't know what was really up.

So I called him at his work, and he called back. First, he hadn't HEARD anything about a party! Second, I read him the email from Laura that said "I think I'll bring Steve along."

"Well," he said with dry humour, "I guess I am being brought!"

I assured him he was welcome, but once he knew the whole scoop on the party, he felt more comfy NOT attending. So that solved that.

I'll be at his birthday party the weekend after, so no prob.

Thanks everyone for your input. I guess when all else fails - ask the GUY! lol

smokey the elder
05-03-2007, 09:24 AM
That's funny how he had no clue. :p

Freedom
05-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Exactly what I was worried about. She was gonna stick him with it as a "surprise!"

Doncha feel better now? Yup.

gini
05-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Isn't communication a great concept? Now you don't have to worry and neither does he!

Dorothy39
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Best of Luck with your Surgery and Recovery Catty1!!!

You're party sure does sound like a lot of PHUN!!!!! What a Hoot indeed!!! I wish I'd thought of that!!!!

Bye-Bye Aunt Martha!!! :D