PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions? UPDATED: Card Cover, Pg. 2!

Roxyluvsme13
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I just realized mother's day is coming up. I didn't really realize how close it was.. so of course, I have to get my mom something. She's done so much for me over the past year, and I'm really at loss for what to get her.

She always says to spend my money on myself and not buy her something, but I hardly ever listen.

The only problem is I'm on a Limited budget. I have $10 to my name. :rolleyes:

So, any ideas? I know I'll definitely make her a card.. but as a present?

angelbow20
05-01-2007, 07:33 PM
How about taking a picture of yourself and siblings if you have any and get a picture frame and wrap it up for her. I have a picture of my 3 yr old son and the frame says "One day I will find the princess of my dreams, But mommy you will always be my queen" and I loved it even though he was to young to get it for me it still means alot to me.

Roxyluvsme13
05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
How about taking a picture of yourself and siblings if you have any and get a picture frame and wrap it up for her. I have a picture of my 3 yr old son and the frame says "One day I will find the princess of my dreams, But mommy you will always be my queen" and I loved it even though he was to young to get it for me it still means alot to me.
That's actually a really good idea. But at the moment I don't have a working camera except my camera phone =/..

angelbow20
05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
just buy a disposable one for like 5 dollars or whatever then once you get them get the picture blown up that you like most at like wal mart or one of those places... you can also make a little booklet with handmade coupns in it saying like 1 free dinner, 1 day of cleaning all dishes etc... haha I dont really know how to help ya but im sure you will find something even if you have to pick her flowers or something.

Catty1
05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Does a friend of yours have a camera and could help you out? If they had a digital one, and could print it out on photo paper, that would be nice!

Frames are really inexpensive. You can get nice ones at dollar stores.

Alysser
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I am having the same problem too. I think me, my sister, and my dad are all pitching in this year to buy a gift, but we aren't sure yet. Maybe a watch, she has always wanted a new one..I don't know.

If she told you that you didn't need to get her something, maybe you can get her something small like a box of chocolates? Just to show you are thinking of her, you know? Sorry, I'm not good with gift ideas.

Roxyluvsme13
05-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Maybe I should paint her something.. I'm sure as heck not an artist though. :o

Well, I have a digital camera.. I just don't have a USB cord.. and I can't take new pictures because the batteries died and I can't find the recharger.

-sigh- I'm really clueless.

I_luv_rusty
05-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Hmm.. maybe the drawing/painting like you said. Or do like coupons like someone said, as all you need is paper,makers, and your time to do whatever they say. :) Maybe, write something for her about how much you care about her/love her then have a cute drawing next to it(sounds kinda corney, like something you'd do when your young)

Roxyluvsme13
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Hmm.. maybe the drawing/painting like you said. Or do like coupons like someone said, as all you need is paper,makers, and your time to do whatever they say. :) Maybe, write something for her about how much you care about her/love her then have a cute drawing next to it(sounds kinda corney, like something you'd do when your young)
Yeah.

I don't think she really cares what she gets, as long as she has me. I mean gifts don't really matter, right? It's the thought that counts.

angelbow20
05-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Im sure whatever you give her she will still enjoy it!!! my son picked me out gifts for mothers day and the first yr I got fake flowers and last yr he picked me out a plain black pen!! He ended up keeping the pen and lost it but it was still cute that he was all excited to get me something... I think if you really dont want to spend money and dont want to do the other idead then maybe pick some flowers and put them in a vase and write her a note with a card telling her how much she means to you..

Catlady711
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't do presents or cards for my mom anymore. She has everything she needs and doesn't want a bunch of sentimental brick-a-brac clogging up her house. However what I have found out is she loves it when I do special things for her instead. One year I waxed her car, another year I took her out to her favorite restaurant (which I hate and she rarely gets to go to), one year I painted a bedroom for her.

I find that she enjoys those much better than any present I've ever gotten her and she makes comments about it to anyone who will listen so I really KNOW she likes my 'gifts' then because mom doesn't do that often. lol

Catty1
05-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Maybe not fun for you, Bri - but yeah, is there a chore you could do that she would really appreciate being done? That would sure be a gift for me! :)

Karen
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Definitely a drawing or painting - even if you aren't an "artist" it will mean more to her than anything store-bought with no thought behind it.

Or, maybe you could buy an inexpensive frame at a dollar store, and decorate it with her favorite colors, etc., and put "photo of your choice to come" in the space ...

Or make a collage to put in the frame of you, all your pets - those she loves most in the world, and if you are feeling creative, write a little poem to go with it ...

Whatever you give her, it will mean the most because it comes from you.

caseysmom
05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
This is making me laugh because we were in Macy's and I saw a bracelet I really liked and I told my daughter that is what I am getting from you for mothers day, I bought it and handed it to her and said now hide it until then :D

One time I got coupons, I thought that was very thoughtful, I also really enjoy poems or things they write that are from the heart.

Daisy and Delilah
05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
No matter what my kids give me, I love. I have everything I need so I always tell them not to get me anything. They never listen.

Bri, a nice card with a heartfelt message will mean the world to her. Or....doing someting nice for her will be great also and it won't cost anything. :) It is indeed the thought that counts.

kittycats_delight
05-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Bri you are really good with photoshop so why not make a nice graphic and add a poem to it. Print it and frame it. I can be a sounding board for you and we can try to come up with a nice concept.

Or Again with photoshop make up a nice 8 x 10 graphic with small frames and put some pics of you as you hve grown up. And maybe add something like I would never have become the person I am without you.

Let me know if you want to bounce some things off me ok. :)

(((HUGS)))
Michelle

Roxyluvsme13
05-02-2007, 02:12 PM
All these ideas are really good.. I think I've decided exactly what I'm going to do..

I'm going to photoshop her up a card with me and possibly Roxy and Lily on it.. and then probably write her a poem. She loves my poetry and is always telling me I should be a writer. :)

Thanks for the suggestions! ^__^

CathyBogart
05-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I dunno if this would work for your mom, but I went to the bookstore and found my mom a book and a nice bookmark for under $10.

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Alright, I finished the front design for the card.. What d'ya think?

carole
05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Being a mother myself, honestly i would prefer my children saved their money and did things for me, like give me a day of pampering, make the dinner, do the housework , those sort of things, maybe you could do that,and if you really want to spend the ten dollars buy her her favourite chocolates or sweets.

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2007, 09:39 PM
I already spent my $10.. :o On a DVD my mom and I both wanted to watch. I think maybe we can watch it together on Mother's day, and I'll give her the card and her poem I'm working on.

luvofallhorses
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
that card is very cute, Bri! She will love it I am sure!

Catty1
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Beautiful card, Bri!

It comes from your own creativity and your own heart...she will love it.

Have fun watching the movie!

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2007, 03:17 PM

Flatcoatluver
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
That is gorgeus! your mom will love it.

Roxyluvsme13
05-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks! :)