PDA

View Full Version : Scary Morning!

critter crazy
05-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Well this morning I got my son on the bus, and wanted to get my day going. Had to stop by hubby's work, so he could put my new stickers in the windshield for me, had to go get my hair done, go grocery shopping, and stop and see my In-Laws to check on my FIL.

So I get in my car and head to hubbys work, which is about 5 mins away. The way to hubbys work, is all down hill (we live on a mountain), as I get close to the bottom, (which at the bottom is a set of train tracks, a stop light and a 4 lane highway) I have a car stopped at a stop ligh in front of me, so I step on my brakes, and my foot goes to the floor!!!!:eek: I was dumfounded, so I step on the breaks again, but still nothing! I have to swerve around the car at the light, and put the Emergency break on! Only I still dont stop, i just low down! I make it over the Railroad tracks but am still moving towards the 4 lane highway! Finally just as I am gonna run onto the Highway, the car slows down to a cral, so I slam the car in park, and the car stops. I am shaking like a leaf! My nerves are frazzled! The light turns Green, so I slowly drive the car across the highway, and slowly head to hubbys work, which is only 1/4 mile away. I pull into hubbys work, and have to slam the car in park again. I ran inside and grab hubby, in tears, my whole body shaking. so he looks at the car, and my Break lines Busted, there was break fluid everywhere!

Hubby was mad that I continued to drive to his work,a nd not just pull the car over and call him. But was thankfull that I was okay!

So needless to say I took the truck, and left hubby with the car! I definitely needed to get my hair done!!:rolleyes:

What A Day!!!!!:eek:

Alysser
05-01-2007, 07:04 PM
OMG, that must have been so scary, but I am glad you're ok!! I hope nothing ever happens to you like that again.

Freedom
05-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Thank goodness you are alright! There are just so many places in that short trip where, unable to stop, you could have met disaster. Whew, really had my heart pounding as I was reading.

I do hope he at least hugged you or something? BEFORE he started in about "why didn't you pull over?" MEN!

I am glad you are OKAY and able to tell us the story from your home, nice and comfy and with a new do!

Taz_Zoee
05-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh my goodness!! I got tears in my eyes as I was reading this. Thank goodness you are okay. I can only imagine how scared you must have been.

luckies4me
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't think it's only men. I would have questioned the same thing! If that EVER happens again, PULL OVER. Do not put yourself back into a scary situation. I am glad you are OK. Hopefully you can get them fixed soon. This is one of the reasons I'm still glad I don't drive. Too chicken. :o

Trinityagain
05-02-2007, 06:27 AM
SO very glad you are ok! That is my major fear in relation to driving, losing my brakes....you did good in how you handled it. I have to say I would have probably inched my way there as well as long as there was not another hill in the way....

moosmom
05-02-2007, 06:30 AM
I definitely needed to get my hair done

And a change of underwear. perhaps?? :p

Those kinds of accidents are the worse. Glad you're okay.

pitc9
05-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Thank goD you had the common sence to throw the car into Park!

So glad you're okay!
Instead of just getting your hair done, I think you need a full day spa package!! :D

mruffruff
05-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Boy, what a scare! Glad you can think quickly.

I had the same thing happen many (many, many) years ago. Old Nash lost it's brakes in rush hour traffic. I turned off the key and headed into a parking lot. I ran into a log bumper in front of a cement wall.

Get your hair done, change your drawers and have a drink! :D