PDA

View Full Version : Sjöhusgården - Someone burned it down

Ann
07-11-2002, 08:59 AM
There is this old house in Eslöv, where I live, called Sjöhusgården. It's a beautiful old house that's atleast 300 years old. It was moved from another area in Eslöv to save it from some new building being put up there and was moved by a nice lake and made open for the public, making it into a little area where you could sit down and have picnics and feed the ducks and swans. All in all it was one of my favorite places in my town. But Wednesday night someone put fire to it and it burned down to the ground. I can't express how much this upsets me.

This is how it used to look, now only ashes remains.

http://www.eslov.se/pages/turism.och.fritid/byggnader/images/sjohusgarden.jpg

I know this has no place in a pet forum, but I just felt the need to post this. This is one of the oh-so-many things that make me ashamed to be a human being :(

Logan
07-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Oh, Ann. How heartbreaking. What a beautiful place it was, and it is something that can never be replaced. :(

I think this General section of Pet Talk is a perfect place to post things like this. We have all used it for many reasons, and since we're all "cyber friends", we need to be able to share things like this, as well as our pets.

I'm so sorry that your town has suffered the loss of this valuable historical home.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-11-2002, 09:09 AM
Ann, I'm so sorry, I can't believe that a person would burn down a beautiful piece of History. I guess there are bad guys everywhere. This was something that truly could not be replaced.
What a shame.
Jackie

Sudilar
07-11-2002, 09:40 AM
How awful. It's history can never be brought back! :(

anna_66
07-11-2002, 09:47 AM
Ann, I'm so sorry that such an important place in your life is gone. I would also be upset if I were you. It's just amazing how cruel people can be:(

jennifert
07-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about that beautiful house being burned down. That is so tragic! I hope they catch the cowards who would do something like this...

lovemymaltese
07-11-2002, 12:48 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, it is a beautiful place.

sammi
07-11-2002, 01:09 PM
It looks like it was such a beautiful place - so sad.

Randi
07-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Oh Ann! It's really sad that a beautiful place like that has been burned down! :( Could it have been an accident? I really find it hard to believe that anyone could do it on purpose! Well, there's all kinds out there! What a loss!! :(

Sam's My Baby
07-11-2002, 06:00 PM
How horrible!:( :( What kind of a person would do that?!:(

Former User
07-12-2002, 02:27 AM
Oh, this is sad! Such a beautiful place was lost!
I guess someone didn't have better things to do than burn it down :(

Ann
07-12-2002, 09:01 AM
Thanks for your all your responses guys, I'm so glad I can share things like this even though it's not pet related and get such caring responses.

And yeah, it's almost for certain that someone did it on purpose. The roof was made of hay, so it was easily flammable and they found traced of gasoline in it :( Sadly, I don't think they will ever catch the people who did it.

AmberLee
07-12-2002, 10:25 PM
How heartbreaking! It's terrible that one (or a few) people can destroy the joy of many and the wonderful history it represented.:(