PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to adopt a cat..

CouturePup
04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi!
I am wanting to adopt a cat or kitten (preferably adult..or older kitten). I want to get one from a rescue, as I am looking for a personable cat, one who really wants to be in the middle of everything- so I'd like to know of his or her personality before adopting. Only thing is, there are SO many rescues around, I am so overwhelmed as to where to even begin! I also have a Great Dane pup and don't know if that would cause any hesitation for a rescue group? It shouldn't as she is wonderful with our cats we have, but who knows. Is anyone familar with any rescues in the Dallas area?
Thanks so much!

kt_luvs_kitties
04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Congrats! Some rescues might be hesitant with dogs, but with it being kitten season, you should have no problem finding a cat. I am overjoyed with the fact that you chose a older cat, because kittens are always the first to get chosen. The older ones suffer.
Please try the website www.petfinder.com. It has many cats looking for homes. And you can enter what you want and your area. GOOD LUCK!

kt_luvs_kitties
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Wanted to add, welcome to pet talk! Katie and kitties

rosethecopycat
04-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Please try:

siameserescue.org

Texas Center!

Meezers are very personable!!!

Thanks for wanting to rescue. ;)

CultureJunky
05-01-2007, 05:28 AM
Well done on choosing to get a cat from a resue centre. I hope you're successful in finding the right cat.
And also for wanting an older cat or kitten. So many people want kittens but do not realise the benefits of having an adult or grown up cat.
I adopted my two from a shelter and they were both around 9 years old, and they are so funny, full of fun and so loving.
Jack has the wackiest personality you could get, he's loving, and fun, everything I wanted and more.

Please keep us updated on what you find, and we love pics here!
Welcome to PT too, and I hope you like it here.

Logan
05-01-2007, 08:36 AM
If you are going to go the route of a rescue group, rather than going straight to the pound, perhaps finding one that fosters out their rescues is the way to go. That way you can learn more about the cat's tolerance of dogs and other cats.

I wish you the best of luck!!! And thank you for considering rescue.

Logan

CouturePup
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank you so much for your replies, everyone!
I will definantly check out the siamese rescue site, as well as Petfinder. I am going out of town for the rest of the week, but as soon as I return I will seriously begin my search.

Thank you again, and I will definantly keep you posted!
:)

catmandu
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I Get So Sad Going To Petcetra And Seeing All These Wonderful Cats, Two Or Three Years Old Being Ignored As Everyone Wants Kittens.
These Cats Already Have Settled Purrsonalities And Would Make Fantatic Companions.
We Can Hardly Wait To See What Great Companion Cat You Have Chosen To Be Your New Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!