PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean anything?

slleipnir
04-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Zeke has been licking his lips a lot. I just noticed it not long ago, but he keeps doing it over and over. I gave him some fresh cold water and he drank it right now till he didn't want anymore. But he's still doing it...any ideas? Should I be concerned?

slleipnir
04-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I thought his breath smelt sort of fruity too..he just walked by me and I called him to see if he was still doing it...he came up to me with a little pink think in his mouth :O One of those little starburst candys with the wrapper on it. Do you think that will make him sick?

Karen
04-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Nah, I doubt that'd make him sick, it's mostly sugar - but that could be the cause of the lip-licking - they're sticky! Any of the wrapper he ingested will surely "pass" - decorative poop upcoming!

Taz_Zoee
04-30-2007, 08:08 PM
LOL I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh. I doubt one will hurt him. I think our Cocker, DJ, got into candy like that before and ate a bunch of it and he was fine. Well mystery solved on the licking the lips issue. Glad to hear it was nothing serious. :D

Suki Wingy
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
hehe Karen, decorative poop!

Anyway, Niņo licks his lips a lot but it is a nervous thing.

Muddy4paws
05-01-2007, 02:57 PM
:D I cant help but laugh! I seriously doubt one sweet will hurt him :)

LuckyNumber7
05-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Hah! I'm sure that won't hurt him. I bet he was licking his lips, savoring the goodness of starburts :)

Like Karen said, his poop may be a bit rainbow colored.

slleipnir
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
He's been doing it again. I thought maybe it was candy again, but I haven't had any candy. There is nothing in his teeth and his breath doesn't smell like candy. He just keeps licking his lips and he doesn't want to sit still...I decided to repost on this older post instead of making a new post...

Seravieve
02-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I know our Zeke will start licking his lips a lot right before he's going to throw up... He has some kind of stomach problem, where he'll just randomly throw up bile.. Vet cant do much.. other than prescribe tums.. :rolleyes:

So when we see him a-liking.. we grab him and run for the door.

Maybe he has some kind of irritation/cut/spot in his mouth? Not too sure really..

slleipnir
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure...I think he may have stomach problems but he hasn't thrown up. He's going to the vet next week. I guess I'll just ask then unless he doesn't stop doing it, then I may take him tomorrow.