PDA

View Full Version : Some pet foods tainted NOT labelled

Freedom
04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I was looking at the web site for the food I use: Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul, and for the Dog Lover.

I'd heard that 2 of their canned varieties were on the recall list for the rice protein, the Diamond Foods recall, not the huge Menu Foods recall with the melamine.

Well, it just infuriates me. Here is what it says:
The products being withdrawn were not formulated or labeled to contain rice protein concentrate. The rice protein concentrate was put into our products without our knowledge. ......... We are appalled that this action was necessary, and will continue to work with the FDA on this issue.

So not only were we, pet owners, duped, but even some of the food manufacturers were! "Appalled" is right!

I am guessing that this came to light as the FDA started investigating and tracking down where all the imported product went. I would imagine a corporate law suit is in the making for this.

The executives and even the production line employees of this company thought all their food was safe and out of the loop on this recall. Imagine how shocked they were to learn of this ingredient being put in their product!

I just had to share yet another twist and turn in this situation.

Here is the web link.
http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/

JenBKR
04-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Oh geez, another twist. And of course that's what I feed! It's still saying that the dry pet food is still good, so I guess I will just watch closely for now. How sad :(

Freedom
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
bump