PDA

View Full Version : Today's the start of my vacation andddd....

Kfamr
04-30-2007, 06:55 AM
:mad: I'm sick. :mad: :(

I took April 30th-May 30th off. Amy, Nebo, and Keva will be arriving today and we will be traveling to Utah and camping on the way.

BUT OF COURSE, I get sick! My dad has been sick and he got it from my sister. I started getting a sore throat yesterday but woke up this morning with a full blown earache, sore throat, stuffyness, etc.

Any quick remedies to get rid of a cold? I bought some aireborne lastnight but I'm not sure if it's worked at all lol

Vela
04-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Ugh what a crappy way to start a vacation. I also have similar symptoms and have a raging sinus infecton to go with it. I would say take lots of vitamin C and dayquil/nyquil helps a lot for me. Sorry you got sick!

Lori Jordan
04-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Im sorry this has happend,But isnt this always the way?

It always happens to me too when i have things planned.

This has always worked for me,Tylenol Flu,Cold,It seems to wip everything outta me,There is cough drops here in canada you should have them i cannot remember what they are called but there for sore throat(im alot of help lol not)

Also there is some cough syrups for sore throat,Go to the pharmacy and get whatever you can!

I hope you feel better soon i know you have been looking forward to this trip!

Hugs to you!

Daisy and Delilah
04-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Sorry you're sick Kay. Try gargling with some warm salt water. Spray your throat with Chloraseptic to dull/kill the pain. I know people love Dayquil/Nyquil, Airborne, Mucinex, and Tylenol Sinus. I can't take these but those are some I hear about people taking. Keep a cough drop in your mouth all the time to take care of some of the problems and drink plenty of fluids. Good luck!! :)

Logan
04-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Wish I had a quick fix for you, but I don't. I do hope that you will find something to help you. Your month long adventure sounds marvelous!!!! :) You guys be careful and have fun!!! :D

finn's mom
04-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Well, with the Airborne, if you're already sick, I think you are supposed to take a dose every three hours or something...I've only taken it once as a cure (as opposed to taking one a day as preventative), and it seemed to help. But, I think I took seven doses a day for several days, too. ;)

Can you get ahold of a drink called Synergy? It's made of Kombucha, and the ginger one is great for nipping a starter cold in the bud. I get it at Sprouts Farmers Market, where I work. Maybe see if a specialty store carries it? Maybe even an Asian market or a Whole Foods/Central Market type store... I drink Synergy often and love how it makes me feel. Not the yummiest drinks in the world...I hear the ginger one is pretty gross. :) But, if it works, which I hear it does...you might want to give it a shot. I'll see if I can find a site.

finn's mom
04-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Here's the site...there's a "place to buy" link on the left.

http://www.gtskombucha.com/synergy.html

mike001
04-30-2007, 08:19 AM
1 oz. southern comfort
1 oz hot water
1 tbls.lemon juice
1 tbls. honey

Drink this before you go to bed, when you wake up tomorrow you'll be fine.
You might not know what hit you though so stay in bed all night.

Cinder & Smoke
04-30-2007, 08:30 AM
:(
Mom always said:

Drink FLUIDS!!! Water, Water, and MORE Water!

Drink till you "slosh"! :p
Hope it passes quickly!

(Wonder if they're gonna make you ride "in the back" with the 4-Leggers?)

slleipnir
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I so wish I could have come...*jealous* :rolleyes: ;) I'm sure your cold will pass quickly. I don't really know of any remedies, but if you find a good one let me know! Say hi to Amy and her gang for me

Cataholic
04-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Of course, I have the ONLY sure-fire way to rid you of your illness, and it involves Cincinnati and a blue eyed boy. He he he.

Lots of fluids, lots of gargling with salt water, and, as gross as it sounds, spit! Somehow, swallowing all that stuff you just coughed up seems to be insulting.

Most of the time, the bad part of the cold just lasts a couple of days..so, this is just a slight bump, and the fun you are about to have will make it seem like a distant memory.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh, no Kay! That's a bummer... I hope you are feeling better in no time! :)

Giselle
04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Aww, unfortunately, I think the only "cure" is in your own immune system. If I remember correctly, you'll need a good week to battle it off, but the advice above is good for suppressing the symptoms. Sorry, Kay, hope you feel better! At least you're getting half of the bad part over with right now :)

Taz_Zoee
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
I "never" get sick. That's what I like to say. ;) But if I do feel a slight cold coming on I double up on the vitamin C and get extra sleep. Not sure what to do after it's already hit. Sorry. I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy your vacation.