PDA

View Full Version : free tank :)

IRescue452
04-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I live in the suburbs and we only have one day of the month where we can put out large items for garbage pickup. So today some guy down the road put out a 55 gallon tank. I went and asked if I could take it, and now its sitting in my driveway filled with water. No leaks-although he already told me that. I love free stuff. Hmmm, moving day for some of my smaller goldfish? Then maybe the 30 gallon for brichardi cichlids? I just got done moving my 30 gallon into my room as well. I had to put on a swimsuit top while I was decorating and planting because I was soaked.

Chilli
04-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Aww, you're so lucky!
That kind of stuff never happens around here. The only free tanks I've gotten have had leaks in them.

I really think that you should get some Brichardi cichlids! They're so pretty, and mine colored up pretty nicely. Too bad they don't carry better quality fish around here, though.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/Neww04.png
{Excuse the nipped fin. O: My socolofi took a chunk out of it one day. Its all healed up now, though!}

chocolatepuppy
04-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow! How lucky you are! :D

IRescue452
04-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Gorgeous cichlid. Our local store has 4 for $5 sales on tropicals including birchardis once a month, so I've got to wait a few weeks for the next one. I'll probably get all females so they don't get territorial.

Kalei
04-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow! You are so so so lucky! When it was all said and done I had payed 500 dollars for my 55 gallon including the filter. But I'm not complaining cause I love it very much!

Make the best out of your free tank, that's so awesome, can't wait to see the fishies in it:D

Blue_Frog
04-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Ahhh... spring! The time for cheap tanks to be found at Garage Sales and out by the curb :) I've found 2 working 25gal setups, including hoods and lights out at the curb in the past, and ended up cleaning them up for friends that wanted fish as well. Never run across a tank quite that large before by the curb tho -- great find!