PDA

View Full Version : I feel a great loss

doolittleky
04-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Last Wednesday at work I had a little bit of extra time so I was browsing on Petfinder under the special needs babies. I do that sometimes and then if I find any that catch my eye Anyway, this 8 weeks old kitten caught my eye, he had deformed back legs. http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8081694 I immediately emailed the addy and said I was interested in adopting him. I didn't hear anything until Friday. This is the response I got

Melissa:
Thanks for your interest in the little guy. Yes he was litter trained, ate
great, but he went in for surgery on Monday or Tuesday, and died in recovery!! I felt so bad, he was a cute little guy,purred all the time, but he was twice as small as his littermates. I tried, but failed.
And this was the second one I received beause in my excitement and impatience when I found him I emailed her twice.

Melissa:
Thanks again, I wish I would have talked to you earlier. Maybe it was
the surgery that did him in, he did have blood work before surgery to
check his kidneys, but like the vet said he was so small (only 1#) and if
I didn't try, I wouldn't have known how he'd ever be, As it turned out, it
wasn't good.

Connie
I read these both at the same time and things she said just didn't seem right to me about it. Why did a 1 lb 8 week old kitten need surgery? I realize his legs were deformed but I can't imagine a vet ever doing major surgery one 1 lb kitten . Him being litterbox trained like she siad he was told me he didn't have any issues with toileting. Plus her statement that said "Melissa, I wished you had talked to you earlier". So I emailed her back and asked why he had surgery. This is the response I received.

Melissa:
Your heart and mine. The vet said that he may not have lived very
long anyway, no matter what was or would be done.
Connie
She didn't say why he had surgery. I think she had never had experience with this medical issue before and didn't know what to do so she put him to sleep. It just doesn't make sense to me. If he really had surgery why wouldn't she tell me what kind of surgery. Anyway, I feel like I have lost one of my own. I had mapuested the drive out and was thinking of names and now I find out he is dead. And after all this , he is still listed on Petfinder.

orangemm
04-29-2007, 04:03 PM
How heartbreaking. Poor little guy, he never had a chance. I can't imagine why a vet would operate on such a tiny kitten unless it was an extreme emergency.

She did talk in riddles, though, didn't she?

Rest easy at the RB, little one................... :(

Freedom
04-29-2007, 05:22 PM
I agree with orange mm, I can't imagine a vet perating on such a wee baby unless it was an emergency. Poor little tyke, he is happy now.

Sorry you had your hopes up.

catmandu
04-29-2007, 06:05 PM
That Little Kittens in India with the Pet Angel Momma Cats and he will soon be a Healthy Happy Eternal Angel who because he passed on so young will have an extra good time in Paradise.
And because you cared doolittleky, you will be his Meowmie when you meet in Paradise. One Fine Day.

Catty1
04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Poor wee one...if he had deformed legs, maybe there was some other deformity inside that needed to be corrected, something more serious than his legs...

RIP dear little one!