PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here anemic?

PJ's Mom
04-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I haven't been to the doctor yet but I think I'm anemic again. The last time was 20 years again when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I'm starting to feel the symptoms. I'm lethargic, dizzy and am losing a little weight.

Do any of you know any quick tricks to get some energy back while I wait for the iron to build back up in my body? I hate feeling this way. :(

buttercup132
04-29-2007, 02:14 PM
I think I am too. When it's that lovley time of the month I get really light headed dizzy and really tired and sometimes feels sick. My friend dose too and thats what the doctor said she was so I'm thinking I am too.

kittycats_delight
04-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I am anemic and have been for years. The doctors have tried everything to get my iron levels to normal. And nothing works. I have been on high iron diets. Had to eat liver and equine. ( I hated that) also been on several iron suppliments and pills. My levels are always super low. The last time I was checked it was a 38 which is pretty high for me. LOL It is suppose to be between 50-170 ug/dL. They wanted to get me up to about 75. The highest they have ever managed to get me was 53.

So I wish I had some suggestions for you. Maybe get yourself some multivitamins with iron. Obviously yours can be stabilized so maybe the iron suppliments can help.

Good Luck getting your levels normal again.

Miss Z
04-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I've thought that I've been anaemic for a long time. I started with low blood pressure then got low blood sugar along with that, so it would be fitting that my iron levels would drop too. :rolleyes:

I don't know if it will work for anaemia, but the days I know I'm having funny 'turns' when the blood pressures down, I sit with my head in my hands for about 10-15 mins (not because I'm feeling sorry for myself, LOL, but to help the blood flow around everywhere in my body) then get up really slowly, walk around a bit, and repeat it if I still feel light-headed.

crow_noir
04-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Try Elk Velvet Antler. It helps build new red blood cells.

I am anemic and have been for years. The doctors have tried everything to get my iron levels to normal. And nothing works. I have been on high iron diets. Had to eat liver and equine. ( I hated that) also been on several iron suppliments and pills. My levels are always super low. The last time I was checked it was a 38 which is pretty high for me. LOL It is suppose to be between 50-170 ug/dL. They wanted to get me up to about 75. The highest they have ever managed to get me was 53.

So I wish I had some suggestions for you. Maybe get yourself some multivitamins with iron. Obviously yours can be stabilized so maybe the iron suppliments can help.

Good Luck getting your levels normal again.

kittycats_delight
04-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Try Elk Velvet Antler. It helps build new red blood cells.

Where would I find something like that? I am not ever sure if we could get it here in Italy but if I knew the type of store to get it in then I could certainly see if they have it or see if they could even order it for me.

Lori Jordan
04-30-2007, 08:03 AM
My Grandmother is anemic,She has been on pills for years,And also she gets a B-12?SHot once a month.

Id go to your doctors,Im not trying to scare you but some of those symptoms sound like Diabetes,DOnt panic!

Is there history of this in your family?

Keep us posted.

Daisy and Delilah
04-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I am anemic too. I was/have been severely anemic for years. We seem to have it under control for now. I took iron transfusions for months.

Dawn, if you have CVS there, go and look for some Ferrous Gluconate tablets. Their CVS brand, in a green and white box, usually on a lower shelf-green tablets. They're about $7 a bottle(I think). I take three a day and it keeps me ok. That was the doctor's orders so I know it's ok. Make sure its Ferrous Gluconate because it won't give you the constipation worries. You have to take Vitamin C with it to increase absorption of the iron.

You may want to start out with one or two tablets until you can get to the doctor. You don't want to overdose on iron. I hope you see the doctor soon and get some relief-it's no fun to be anemic. :(

mike001
04-30-2007, 08:20 AM
I get a shot of B-12 every 3 weeks from my doc.

crow_noir
04-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Hmmm... I originally found out about the stuff through out vet. Then i sent for more through mail order.

I'd try either looking online or at a health food store.

I just know that original trials on dogs were done in the U.S. and initial trials on humans were done in Russia.

EVA is still pretty much unregulated. Research your source and fully check out everything about the farmer/rancher/manufacture, etc. I'm still trying to find out more about the company our vet went through because those capsules worked MUCH better than the ones we sent away for. 300mg vs. 250mg should not have made that much of a difference. (/50lbs body weight.)

I do hope that you can eventually find out what is going on and can fix it :) Being ill is no fun.

Where would I find something like that? I am not ever sure if we could get it here in Italy but if I knew the type of store to get it in then I could certainly see if they have it or see if they could even order it for me.