PDA

View Full Version : Ya Gotta Hear This One !!!!!

wombat2u2004
04-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Drove out to a farm today, to price some building work for a farmer I know.
This is the story I got from the farmer..............
About two weeks ago he was in Zimbabwe (he has a farm there to), anyway, his wife and daughter are on the farm here in Armidale by themselves and the wife decides to drive to town to buy groceries etc etc.
Her NEW Range Rover vehicle was nearly out of petrol, so she goes to the shed, finds a black container with fluid in it (which she thought was petrol) pours it into the gas tank of her new vehicle (2 weeks old this vehicle is), and drives to town........well...she made it to the front gate....which is like 200 yards from the homestead. The vehicle stops....so she gets out and walks back to her house, phones up the local mechanic who arrives like two hours later. And of course you can imagine EXACTLY what two hours does to a motor that has just been flooded with pool acid !!!! LOL.
Can you believe that ???? She put bloody hydrochloric acid into her gas tank.
Anyway.....the latest on it is.....the motor has to be replaced completely, as every moveable and unmovable part in it has been corroded away.
I'm still shaking my head over this one !!!! :eek: :eek:
Wom

AbbyMom
04-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Please excuse me for asking such a really nosy question...but...is she blonde by any chance?

:D :D

RICHARD
04-29-2007, 08:19 AM
I think we need a new car thread.....

That reminds me of a joke...

Why do men like women to wear leather?
It reminds them of that New Car Smell.... :eek:

wombat2u2004
04-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Please excuse me for asking such a really nosy question...but...is she blonde by any chance?

:D :D

Hehehehe...actually she's not blonde....she's a brunette :eek:
(Better not let Miss Z read this post....or I'm dead meat !!!!) :p
Wom

wombat2u2004
04-29-2007, 08:36 AM
I think we need a new car thread.....

That reminds me of a joke...

Why do men like women to wear leather?
It reminds them of that New Car Smell.... :eek:

Heheheheheeee
Q: Why can't a blonde get a drivers license?
A: Because every time the instructor says "Let's park" she jumps in the back seat !!!! :eek:
Wom

Marigold2
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh my gosh, how horrible. She is going to have to be awful nice to her husband for the next month
Now as for all these blond jokes, what about blond men? I have met some pretty brainless men in my life as well.

Freedom
04-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I worry about doing something similar to the lawn mower. Dad has those plastic gas containers with: gasoline for the mower; gasoline and oil for the chain saw; different gasoline and oil mix for the snow blower. I don't know HOW he keeps them straight, but he knows exactly which is which. I won't use any until he comes over and points to which one I am to use for the mower. :rolleyes: I don't think insurance covers it when you do that, huh?

Roxyluvsme13
04-29-2007, 06:50 PM
lmao. Maybe she's not a natural brunette. :D

Karen
04-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Has she NO sense of smell? Gasoline and HCl both have quite distinct smells ...

Hair color is never an excuse. I can say that with impunity, having been blonde for the first four years of life and brunette since!

Lady's Human
04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
That would make one of my dad's acquaintances feel a little less stupid. He put diesel into a corvette by accident.

Cinder & Smoke
04-29-2007, 11:09 PM
That would make one of my dad's acquaintances feel a little less stupid.
He put diesel into a corvette by accident.

The Fiur Guys have done that, too!!! :o

For years all the Fire Stuff was GASOLINE powered.
Then the Diesels arrived, and I lost a lotta sleep *worrying* about a miss-fuel accident. :eek:

It eventually happened - but not with a Diesel being "gassed" ...
The poor ole Water Tanker was powered by a big bore GASOLINE engine -
and had TWO big 50 gallon saddle tanks for fuel ...
complete with "GASOLINE ONLY" labels beside the filler caps.

In looking back on the incident, the poor soul who pumped in about 50 gallons of DIESEL Fuel
said it didn't run "too bad" returning to the station.
A week later, after the Diesel had very thoroughly mixed with the gasoline in both tanks -
we fired 'er up to go out on a training drill.
:eek:

When it eventually did start - tha BLACK CLOUDS that billowed out the exhaust
filled the station in an instant ... and the poor engine sounded like it was firing on
a maximum of three of its eight cylinders.

WHADDA MESS! :(
Ever try to pump out 100 gallons of "mixed" gas/diesel - and then find some place
to get rid of it?

That poor Tanker "ran rough" for months after that!

And NO, neither one of the two Fiur Guys was "blonde"! :p

/s/ Phred

wombat2u2004
04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Has she NO sense of smell? Gasoline and HCl both have quite distinct smells ...

Hair color is never an excuse. I can say that with impunity, having been blonde for the first four years of life and brunette since!

I know mate....I was wondering that myself. But evidently not, she just grabbed the container which she THOUGHT had petrol in it, and poured away.
Wom

wombat2u2004
04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
The same place.........yet another whammy....lol.
This lady has me working at her farm like part time....because I am so busy with building contracts, I only go there now and again, as time permits.
The lady's brother lives next door to me.....Rob....he is really who I am doing this favour for, by working for his sister who's husband is away most of the time in Zimbabwe.
Anyway.....the day before yesterday Rob was working at his sisters, removing some windows in preparation for me to install new windows later this week (I told her to let ME take those windows out on the day, but she went ahead and did it herself with Rob). A well aimed blow with an ungloved hand by Rob onto one of those window paines sent glass breaking in all directions......the result ???? Rob has just been released from hospital with right arm fully bandaged after an operation to sew together TWO severed finger tendons. It almost cut has right hand in two !!!!!
I'm still shaking my head here !!!!! This job is starting to become a bigger production that "Ben Hur".
I know there is a big shortage of builders here......but they have to WAIT !!!!! People are always in such a HURRY !!!!
Wom

wombat2u2004
04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh......on another note....I have to go out to that very same farm today at 10.30 am, to measure up for some more work.
If any of you here on PT have any crosses, crucifixes or rosary beads, could you get them out and say a prayer for me....so that I may be protected from harm whilst I am there and return safely ??? :eek: :eek:
Wom

Cinder & Smoke
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Say a prayer for me ...
so that I may be protected from harm whilst I am there and return safely ??? :eek: :eek:

Poor Womby! :(

Just make sure they don't offer to "help" you! :p