PDA

View Full Version : HEEEeeeeeeeRE's BOBBY!!

Freedom
04-28-2007, 04:20 PM
This is Bobby, the little 8 month old from the TNRM project who couldn't be released. I have had him here at home since Thursday about 9 PM.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/Bobby.jpg

He has an equilibrium problem which keeps his head tilted, so when he looks up at you it is SO sweet! This photo was taken shortly after we trapped him, over a week ago. He is looking MUCH better now, with good food, warmth and TLC. He is getting used to being in a house. I have him in the smallest room just now, and I bring him out for 20 to 30 minutes 5 times per day. He needs to get used to being touched and held, and to having a roof over his head rather than the blue sky.

The first night, he flew around the room at least 3 different times. He has been ok since then.

He adores Sparkle, and went over to her this afternoon and rubbed up against her. She was a bit taken aback by this, and eventually hissed. He has no idea what a hiss means, hehe! He just kept rubbing and she finally just left the room.

moosmom
04-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Aaaaaaawwwww!! Patience and lots of touching will bring him around. Whisper to him and blink slowly, which is a sign of trust.

You know you've gotten through when he head buts you. It's the best feeling in the world!!

Welcome Bobby!! You are such a beautiful boy!

krazyaboutkatz
04-28-2007, 04:29 PM
He's adorable and I'm so glad that you were able to adopt him and give him the care that he deserves. I hope that eveything will continue to go well.:)

catmandu
04-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Bobby has finally found a home and that will be a great day when he and Sparkle become great friends and we know that Bobby will repay your kidness a million times over for you making him his very special Companion Cat.
Three Cheers for you and Bobby!!!!

Freedom
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks, everyone.

I forgot to explain about the name. In the TNR thread, I had named him 'Little King.' But Dad felt that was too long, and was calling him 'King.' Except that I think of 'King' as a dog name.

So the evening he arrived, Dad and I went through a variety of options and decided to call him Bobby.

Chilli
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Aww! His head tilt reminds me of one of my rats with a neurological problem. SO cute! :D
I'm glad to hear he's adjusting well, and thanks for helping this guy out. I know he certainly is thankful for it!

catfamily
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Geez...another save.Thanks to you and your dad. :)

kb2yjx
04-28-2007, 06:53 PM
St.Francis smiles...

Catty1
04-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Freedom...Medusa said earlier that his ear problem might be a polyp, causing his head to tilt. When he's a little more settled, are you having that checked?

Or did the vet have a really good look and find it was something else?

He is totally CUTE! That incident with Sparkle must have been very funny. :)

Freedom
04-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Catty1, and Mary (Medusa), yes the TNR vet checked his ears out for me. Didn't see a thing that shouldn't be in there :D and he didn't charge me for that extra peek.

He really feels it is from an ear infection which didn't get treated, and is causing imbalance.

For the next month, I am just to work on socilaizing Bobby and getting him stronger. Gee this boy can EAT! Last night (3rd night here), he ate half a 5 ounce can of a/d, half a 5 ounce can of chicken & tuna in gravy, PLUS half a cup of kibble! :eek: So I'm NOT worried about his appetite.

smokey the elder
04-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Could he have cerebellar hypoplasia (CH)? Does he twitch/tremor/wobble when he walks, or does he just have the head tilt? I had a foster, Buddy, which had a head tilt which may have been from an injury. Precious angel Diva was a CH kitty.

Freedom
04-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey Smokey, thanks for thinking of Bobby. Nope he doesn't have any other issues. He can dash around with the best of them, no trouble motoring at all. He jumps on to the cat tree, jumps down, doesn't lose his footing, just keeps going. His first night here, he was all over the room, which is typical of a feral who is brought indoors. So that bit I've seen first hand. :rolleyes:

The only other thing which is a possible, the head tilt MAY give him difficulty drinking water. Since he is still shy, none of us has seen him eat and drink. The vet suggested giving him some canned food regularly until I can see if he is able to drink OK.

He was dehydrated when we trapped him, and had to have IV fluids to boost him up. But we had been withholding food for all of the colony for 3 days except for the bait in the trap. So we don't know for sure how that developed.

Before we started trapping, he was out there doing the rough and tumble with all his littermates.

K & L
04-29-2007, 08:18 AM
He's adorable and I'm so happy you were able to adopt him! You could've called him Elvis since he was the King! :D He's in good hands now!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-29-2007, 09:10 AM
What an adorable little blackie!! Bobby is a very lucky boy now!!

CultureJunky
04-30-2007, 03:58 AM
Bobby is gorgeous and I can't wait to see more pics of him in his new home when he's settled!