PDA

View Full Version : My heart is breaking right now...UPDATE 5/16/07

moosmom
04-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I went to drop off some paperwork at the rental office. Nancy, one of the rental agents, said that a tenant passed away a week ago, and the family is coming by to feed and care for his cat, Queenie, who is an indoor/outdoor kitty. The rental company is prepping the apartment and let her out when they're around and then close her in, if she's around. If not, she's gotta spend the night outside. :(

I went over and put out a kitty carrier and some canned food. :( She won't let me pet her because she smells my cats. :( I think she's going to have to be an only cat. Me and the girls in the rental office have feelers out.

It just breaks my heart that poor Queenie has lost her human and is forced to sleep outside (sometimes).

Anyone here looking for a 3 year old kitty, spayed and utd on her shots.??

catmandu
04-27-2007, 07:33 PM
If Only We Could.
Of Course I Have Said That Before And Now Tubsters A Found Cat.
We Are Hoping And Praying That Queenie Finds Someone To Love.

Freedom
04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh Donna, I know how you feel; that is how I ended up getting Billy. He lived with an older single woman who died and no one in the family wanted him. They were going to have him PTS!

I hope you can find someone to take Queenie, Donna.

I just can't; "Little King" (new name, 'Bobby') just arrived last evening, just 24 hours ago as I am typing. I have 9 cats and a dog and I just CAN'T take another one, much as I would love to.

Just because she hasn't lived with other cats before doesn't mean she can't adapt. Some can't, but you never know until you try. If someone who already has a cat (or 2) wants to home her, it would be worth trying.

Good Luck to Queenie.

Logan
04-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Donna, I'm just so glad that your leasing company is compassionate enough to try and do something and not such snatch the cat and send her away to the pound or leave her out. I hope Queenie will find another loving home. She is probably very lonely. Poor dear.

Thank you for being so sweet to her.

Randi
04-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Thank you for helping the kitty, Donna. The poor thing don't understand what's going on and must miss her owner very much. :(

I hope you'll be able to find someone who will take her in. Best of luck!

Kirsten
04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Poor kitty. It's very traumatizing what she has been through, she must be heartbroken and confused. :(

Thank you for caring of her; I hope she will find a good home where she can heal and were she'll be an only cat that's spoiled and loved. Please keep us updated on her.

Kirsten

Freedom
04-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Any luck catcing her?

moosmom
04-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I haven't seen her since last night. It doesn't look like she went in the carrier either.

Logan,

All 3 women are cat people. They know I have 3 cats (they NEVER see Shortie) and they never charged me the pet deposit. I hope they find a home for her. :(

catfamily
04-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Donna your so good about getting her to a home.I cannot believe that anyone could throw a cat on the streets after the owner dies.It's very scary.Just the thought of that happening to mine is so scary.
I need to tell you...I know if my BooBoo that died at 17...even when he was young..if I wasn't around..he'd be very unfriendley or super scared of humans and may even growl,also run away hide whatever..But...I also want to tell you he adjusted fine with other cats.It just took time but it was just an ajustment.That's all.An easy one too.
I'm sure right now he or she is upset.
But may be just fine with other cats.
I would never let it sleep outside though.I hope someone gets it.

Freedom
04-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Donna, when we were doing the TNR project, we were told the BEST BAIT is tuna in oil. It is smelly from a distance, and you use oil not water because the water will A) freeze in cold wether, and B) evaporate quickly taking the smell with it, in nicer weather.

Hope this idea helps!

Karen
04-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Hmm, any older, living alone ladies at your local church who might need a kitty friend?

moosmom
04-30-2007, 05:40 PM
I went by the apartment last night when I got out of work and saw the next door neighbor. I asked him if he has seen Queenie and he said yes. They managed to get her in my carrier and took her in. She's hiding under the bed and will scratch and hiss at anyone who looks at her. She hasn't eaten or used the litterbox in 24 hours. He's going to wait and see if she'll take baby food. If not, he's taking her to his vet.

I'm just relieved that she's not outside. I tried to tell him that she's been through a MAJOR change in her life, losing her human so suddenly and having to stay in a strange place with a dog. He poo-pooed the idea so I let it go. He's thinking about adopting her, depending on whether or not she calms down. I guess she scratched both the guy and his girlfriend. I hope this poor little girl finds another human who will take care of her.

Catty1
04-30-2007, 05:57 PM
OMG - are they not keeping her in a room by herself? Poor little girl!

If they could keep her in the bathroom even, till she has a chance to center herself!

If she does go to the vet, I hope they will let you know which one - and you can follow up!

HUGS to you for caring about this kitty! At least she is not on the street...

moosmom
05-16-2007, 09:44 AM
GOOD NEWS!! Queenie was taken in by one of the neighbors until a home can be found. Trish, one of the girls at the rental office, has a friend who will be taking Queenie and giving her a furrrrrever home. I saw her this morning when I was taking a walk and tried petting her. She wouldn't let me near her because I smell of my cats. That's okay, at least I know she has a wonderful home.

Logan
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I love good news! :) I'm so glad it has all worked out for Queenie, Donna.

Logan

ramanth
05-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Great news for Queenie!