PDA

View Full Version : a media rant..

RICHARD
04-27-2007, 09:40 AM
A few weeks ago Geraldo and Bill O'reilly got into a huff about a drunk driver, an illiegal alien, plowied into a car and killed two women. No license--

Yesterday, a car wash worker was killed when an illegal alien lost control of a car he was moving. From my experience- once- the bulk of the carwash guys are Mexican-I suspect that the media would have run with this story had the man killed "someone" else.

now, I can bet you that not one word of this story makes it on to the news.

This is not an political/immigration thread....It's only a media thread-
And the selective story reporting they put out there.

wombat2u2004
04-27-2007, 11:20 AM
A few weeks ago Geraldo and Bill O'reilly got into a huff about a drunk driver, an illiegal alien, plowied into a car and killed two women. No license--

Yesterday, a car wash worker was killed when an illegal alien lost control of a car he was moving. From my experience- once- the bulk of the carwash guys are Mexican-I suspect that the media would have run with this story had the man killed "someone" else.

now, I can bet you that not one word of this story makes it on to the news.

This is not an political/immigration thread....It's only a media thread-
And the selective story reporting they put out there.

They are very good at that !!!!
Wom

Marigold2
04-27-2007, 05:02 PM
They have no right to be in this country. I am sick of these illegal immigrants. The whole lot makes me ill.

Babyboonie
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
They have no right to be in this country. I am sick of these illegal immigrants. The whole lot makes me ill.

Ouch! Sounds like you've got some strong opinions on that topic Marigold!

wombat2u2004
04-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Hmmmm.....sounds to me like another group here on PT could have the answer to that.
Cull them.
A well aimed blow with an icepick should do the trick :eek:
Wom

Sophist
04-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Hmmmm.....sounds to me like another group here on PT could have the answer to that.
Cull them.
Wom

Nah, I'm from Cali :rolleyes: .It's mostly the Texans you see out with guns trying to to that.

RICHARD
04-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Wom

OWWWWW!!!

Where?

----------------

Nary a mention on any news channel, yet....

RICHARD
06-26-2007, 07:24 PM
More media stupidity...

I want to apologize to the rest of America for the stupid anchors/reporters/experts and other media "personalities" who have started in Cah lee fuh nee ah - and make it to the national news.

I want to apologize for Keith Olberman, loudmouth and former sports reporter at KTLA, Pat Lalama- media whore and reporter, Gloria Allred and her evil spawn, Lisa Bloom, Mark Fuhrman, ex-cop and clown..and the idiot, Harvey Levin....former KNBC reporter and moron...

These are rare instances of idiots that report and comment on the news-and I apologize for them... :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Gosh RICHARD...I didn't realize you have personal responsibility for the whole state of California... :D ;)

You REALLY need to shut that tv off! Or maybe turn on PBS?

RICHARD
06-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Gosh RICHARD...I didn't realize you have personal responsibility for the whole state of California... :D ;)

You REALLY need to shut that tv off! Or maybe turn on PBS?

STOP IT!

I am easily amused and remember, "Knowledge is power".

I watch Rosemary and Thyme and Antiques Roadshow and the guy that cooks Mexican....I love America's Test Kitchen...

I don't like that Smiley guy!

My TV watching is concentrated on History, Discovery, games show-Triva- not the "pick the winning briefcase" stuff, I am smarter than a fifth grader, don't qualify for MENSA (Or MENSO, LOLOLOLOLOL, Little hispanic humnor there), I can read a map, know a little about quantum physics and know which end is up....

I read like I breath and can do the Sunday L.A. Times puzzle to about 70-80%-Only finished it once....on the same day......

Hence, I don't like the Big Mouth TV personalities I mentioned....I watch them when I need a laugh or really crappy reporting! :eek:

Hellow
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I agree, lets bring out the M16's and the old Panzers and run the illegal aliens out of this country. Illegal Aliens, NOT the Mexicans that are allowed or supposed to be here.

LOCK AND LOAD!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

dogzr#1
06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Thank you for clearing that up Reggie! xD I am an LEGAL Mexican.

However, I can totally relate to the whole illegal aliens thing. I live very close to the border. I can go on and on with stories, but that is for another thread.

Okay, carry on with your media ranting. Sorry for (kinca)hijacking the thread.

RICHARD
06-27-2007, 01:33 AM
I forgot to mention Jane Velez Mitchell- another entertainment reporter and Media Whore, late of KCAL 9.

lizbud
06-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Don't know where Rick Sanchez (CNN weekend anchor) is from, but I
wish he would go back or just disappear.He gets on my last nerve. :mad:

lvpets2002
06-27-2007, 09:46 AM
:o Oh My my Richard.. Did you just use the Word Wh?? I will admitt reading all the post has made me understand the topic lots better.. :p
I forgot to mention Jane Velez Mitchell- another entertainment reporter and Media Whore, late of KCAL 9.

RICHARD
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM
:o Oh My my Richard.. Did you just use the Word Wh?? I will admitt reading all the post has made me understand the topic lots better.. :p

Hokay,
Media HO..... JVM looks like she gets turned on about the bad mouthing everyone that is covering the PH story...but she goes on and on and on...
You should have seen her during the local murders stories when she did the evening news. :eek:
The other thing that bothers me is the "Dorian Gray" syndrome-The broads looked haggard while they were here in LA and then get younger by wearing bangs in their new hairdo-to cover the face life scars..

Liz,
There....See how good you feel now!

Dogz,

No problem about the hijack, as long as we don't fly to a third world country!

lizbud
06-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Liz,
There....See how good you feel now!

Oh, he's not the only TV commentator that I hate to watch, just never
thought it was worth my time to talk about them. No big deal, don't like
them, & don't watch them.

I do like the Sunday morning talk shows. (politics) All the anchors are old
school journalists and ask relevant questions of political leaders, etc.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Now Pa-lease!!! how can you possibly expect them to report that story when there is so much Paris Hilton crap to bore us to tears with? :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
07-02-2007, 07:05 PM
LOLOL,

When I heard that "the scooter" skated from jail, I just had to turn to Keith Oldturdman to see him rant and maybe watch his head explode!

No dice..... :rolleyes:

But he's almost ready to choke! :D

cassiesmom
07-02-2007, 07:17 PM
As i read this thread I was thinking of the situation here in the Chicago area where unqualified drivers paid bribes to obtain commercial driving licenses. One of the first accidents that brought the whole thing to light occurred when a driver who spoke only Spanish had a CDL - but the test was offered only in English - so the media had a field day with that, wanting to know how he could have possibly managed the written test. But I don't know if the driver was in the U.S. legally or not. that could be 10 or 12 years ago already.

Similar story in the Reader's Digest ... http://www.rd.com/content/illegal-truck-drivers-given-a-license-to-kill-/