PDA

View Full Version : More foods recalled today!

fragrancehound
04-26-2007, 10:39 PM
There has been more pet foods recalled today, both cat food and dog food. I hope no one is sick of me posting this but I figure it is important. More info on the recalled food can be found at http://www.itchmo.com.

Natural Balance
Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Lamb Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Beef Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Ocean Fish Formula Canned Cat Food 3 oz & 6 oz

Diamond Brand Manufacturer/Foods
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Kitten Formula cans
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Puppy Formula cans
Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula cans

Costco's brand
Kirkland Signature Super Premium Chicken and Rice Canned food for Dogs
Kirkland Signature Super Premium Lamb and Rice Canned food for Dogs

Chenango Valley
Lick Your Chops Lamb Meal, Rice & Egg Cat Food in packages with a net weight of 4 lbs. and a code date best used by April 29, 2008.

IRescue452
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I was surprised chicken soup was recalled, they claim that they don't use the contaminated ingredients right on the website, but they also claim to be recalling for the melamine. I certainly wouldn't trust their dry food either.

flip195
04-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I am so done with manufactured pet foods, I can't keep up with the recalls.
I have a blog http://flip195.wordpress.com/ (http://flip195.wordpress.com/) which has lots of recipes for home made cat and dog food.
I use these recipes for my own animals and after almost 4 weeks I am amazed at the changes.
If your looking for wholesome recipes for meals and treats check it out.

kallisto4529
04-27-2007, 02:12 AM
This is really getting out of control, i was just thinking the other day of switching Reilly to the chicken soup for the soul food, and now not on your life, I dont care that it is supposedly just in the can food, i would not buy the dry now for anything.

chocolatepuppy
04-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the cat food receipes, I had a few for dogs, needed some for cats. :)

Pam
04-27-2007, 05:08 AM
I can't win. I went back to Chicken Soup (dry) for my dogs and now Diamond Foods is on the recall. :confused: I just heard that pigs have been fed some of the contaminated foods and now there are reports of people who have eaten the contaminated pork. The story didn't mention whether the people had actually gotten sick as a result of eating the pork. :confused: When will this end? :(

elizabethann
04-27-2007, 07:53 AM
I bought Fenway a couple of cans of Chicken Soup for the Soul. The puppy version got recalled but who'se to say the adult version won't be in the future? I'm so mad right now I could throw those cans through a window. :mad:

fragrancehound
04-27-2007, 08:03 AM
There was another recall added today:

Blue Buffalo just announced another expansion of the recall covering:

* All Blue brand can dog foods
* All Spa Select brand can cat foods
* All Blue Health Bar treats.

NO dry foods are affected by this latest recall.