PDA

View Full Version : Vick INDICTED!

Pages : [1] 2

Lady's Human
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6743208

Maybe Michael Vick IS the same as his punk brother. He just hides it better, evidently.

Jadapit
04-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Oh, that makes me so angry! It really doesn't surprise me, they bet HUGE amounts of money on dog fights. It makes me sick. If he is guilty of dog fighting I hope they throw him in jail and kick his sorry butt off the team. I doubt that happens though, money talks bull sh** walks as they say.

Lady's Human
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
The ESPN story about Vick also had a reference to another player on the Falcons who was arrested for the fatal beating of a dog.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2850545

Maybe the NFL needs to have a chat with the Falcons owners.

Jadapit
04-26-2007, 07:39 PM
The ESPN story about Vick also had a reference to another player on the Falcons who was arrested for the fatal beating of a dog.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2850545

Maybe the NFL needs to have a chat with the Falcons owners.

Good grief, how sad. I agree, the NFL needs to have a chat with the owners. I will never understand how anyone can watch dogs tear each other apart. Did you know pit bull fights can go on for as long as 45 minutes? Those poor dogs do not deserve that.

Let the humans bet each other to a pulp and place bets on who will win!

Maresche
04-27-2007, 07:13 AM
With all the criminals on the Baltimore Ravens team, the NFL will do nothing about this either.

elizabethann
04-27-2007, 07:43 AM
What a sorry excuse for a human being...a piece of trash. It's sad that these athletes are put on pedestals for our kids to admire.

wombat2u2004
04-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Yep....real sicko stuff.
Where I used to live in the Blue Mountains a few years ago, a lot of dogs went missing from their homes......the police found out that a dogfighting ring was involved, and had sent people out to steal dogs to be used as bait in the dogfights. What was happening was they would put these family pets into a cage with a fighting dog to be ripped apart, so that the fighting dog was suitably angered and ready for a real fight with an opponent dog.
By the time the investigation was fully underway, that dogfighting ring just disappeared, simply relocated elsewhere.
Evidently there is big money involved.....that's why they do it.
Wom

RICHARD
04-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Jeez, the Oakland Radiers are getting soft... :rolleyes:

What ticks me off is that they will arrest everyone around the AH, but the AH goes unpunished...

My mom owns another home that she rents.

Now, is the same thing happened to her, the locals and feds would be up her arse and have the property seized.

----------

Nohting will happen to Vick. He'll be fined and spoken to.

The Falcons willl never punch their meal ticket.

----------

And watch all the MV jersey sales go up.. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Looks like the plot thickens (Or sickens, as the case may be)

Evidently there are witnesses who can place Vick at the house during dog fighting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2871625

Lady's Human
05-21-2007, 11:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2878099

Mr Portis needs to buy a clue. He has enough money, he just needs a brain to go with it.

lizbud
05-22-2007, 10:25 AM
LH, the first link (Fox) doesn't work, but I read all the later ones. These
goons don't have a friggin clue. They don't see a problem with dog fighting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/05/22/bc.fbn.vickinvestigatio.ap/?cnn=yes

ratdogg
05-22-2007, 10:43 AM

Mr Portis needs to buy a clue. He has enough money, he just needs a brain to go with it.

I think his brain has slowly been turned to mush by all the hits he's taken in his mediocre career. he's been a total failure with the redskins. he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Lady's Human
05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
And yes, I'm going to keep hammering this as these stories come up.

Evidently (from other stories) dogfighting is seen as ok in the NFL. If I could find an Email address for Roger Goodell (NFL Commish) I'd post it, but there are no league office emails that I can find. There is a snail mail address for Mr. Goodell on the nfl.com home page.

elizabethann
05-22-2007, 12:50 PM
All brawns....no brains. :mad:

JenBKR
05-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Richard, if you happen to find an email address, please let us know.

It's just so sad that people fight their dogs - and I read about the interview with Portis, who seems to think it's ok and should be allowed. Hey, if you own the dog you should be allowed to do whatever you want with it :mad: :(

RICHARD
05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
I saw the interview with POrtis...He was giggling and acting like the AH he must be.

Talk about getting a clue?
I do not think so.

RICHARD
05-22-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199264

From the Washington Redskins 'fan' site.

Morons, one and all.

Lady's Human
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
What a bunch of losers.

RICHARD
05-22-2007, 07:45 PM
What a bunch of losers.

I was tempted to sign on and tie one hand behind my back, but why waste the time?

Portis' time will come.......The commish seems to be taking his job seriously-I expect to see some kind of response from the office.

Lady's Human
05-27-2007, 02:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063

More from ESPN on Vick and Dogfighting.......

ratdogg
05-29-2007, 11:49 AM
wow. This is kinda intense, but espn did an interview with a police informant who places vick at the fights. the video is really interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/ivp/index?id=2884088&cobrand=espnsearch&lpos=srch_c1_r1_mvideo

RICHARD
05-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Apparently ESPN did more reporting last night....

THey also showed a real dog fight with a disclaimer before that clip...

This morning Eric G (the NASCAR TODAY commentator) was filliing in for Dan Patrick and he commented on how it may have been too much to show that clip.

------

He also gave his opinion about what should be Vick's punishment....

Suspension w/pay for one year.

Then let the NFL players union try to defend it...
Interesting....

He also took two calls defending dogfighting.

Both from the southeast and both on Vick's side.

One caller compared DFing to UFC/MMA or boxing.
The other said that those dogs were "BRED TO FIGHT"

Effing morons.`

pitc9
05-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Clinton Portis is an A$$!!

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not," Portis said. "But it's his property; it's his dogs. If that's what he wants to do, do it."

What an uneducated piece of crap!!

pitc9
05-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Apparently ESPN did more reporting last night....

THey also showed a real dog fight with a disclaimer before that clip...

This morning Eric G (the NASCAR TODAY commentator) was filliing in for Dan Patrick and he commented on how it may have been too much to show that clip.

------

Effing morons.`

HELL NO showing a dog fight on TV is NOT going to far, or showing too much...maybe people will see it and finally realize how horrible it is!
I didn't see the clip, and I'm glad I didn't... but I hope that clip opened the eyes of some of these stupid STUPID people.

Jadapit
05-31-2007, 05:58 PM
IDIOTS!! :mad: I'm so angry that I cant see straight. First off, pit bulls were NOT bred to fight each other. The damn human race started that. Its so much about the *money* when it comes to dog fights. As I posted earlier they bet up to 65 thousand dollars on these fights. I'm so mad that I'm at a loss for words. I agree with everything you said Angie.

Amen Richard. Effing morons.` is right!

Lady's Human
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6876192

A REALLY creative column from a sportswriter's dog.

RICHARD
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM

+

I'd like to see MV come back as someone's lower leg/calf..... :D :eek: :cool:

elizabethann
06-04-2007, 07:17 AM

Oh that was good!!

ratdogg
06-05-2007, 09:35 AM
that was cool. nice and edgy but oh so true :)

Jadapit
06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Loved this! For society's sake, shouldn't Michael Vick be neutered?

ratdogg
06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6890316

so that's clinton portis' latest mea culpa. For whatever reason I don't think its that sincere....I think he is trying to get people to just leave him alone. the guy is a tool

Lady's Human
06-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Federal law enforcement agencies now investigating Vick:

Feds take over investigation (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2905920&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1)

RICHARD
06-17-2007, 01:37 AM
I am always clinically amused when I see a "statement" from someone who has their head so far up their rear in the first place..

Common sense would tell you that siding with an AH like Vick will get you into trouble.

Two,
Aside from Pat Haden back in the day, THere are about two current FB players who could write, edit and punctuate an eloquent statement like that.

"I's gots to make a release to get those dog people off my back."

I would love a gig writing lame excuses for famous AHs...

Three,
To release a statement like that is a slap in the face of the people who are following the story,

Four,
I wonder what a PETA wacko looks like at your front door at three A.M.!

Five,
I can guarantee you that there are at least three Dog Loving Defensive Players that ran to look at the '07 schedule after they heard CPs original statement.

--------------

This gives me more reasons to root against the Redskins this year.

moosmom
06-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Suspension w/pay for one year

:confused: :mad: :mad:

Suspension WITH pay??? Oh PUHLEEEEZE!!!

That's like punishing a kid by sending him to his room with tv, phone, gameboy, computer. Real harsh...NOT!!!!!

And the genius that said pitpulls are bred to fight has his head up his butt!!

Idiots!! :mad:

Lady's Human
06-17-2007, 09:27 AM
The reason suspension with pay for one year would be in reality a harsh punishment for Vick is that he couldn't realistically challenge it.

In addition, his FB skills would rust, as he couldn't play or practice, he would be out of the spotlight, and it is highly doubtful that his FB career would ever recover.

crow_noir
06-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Whooo!!!! :D :cool: Thanks for the update!

Federal law enforcement agencies now investigating Vick:
Feds take over investigation (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2905920&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1)

lizbud
06-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the update. I hope this guy gets some serious a** kicking
for this whole thing.

ramanth
06-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Nice to see the Feds doing something right. :D

ratdogg
07-06-2007, 10:37 PM
This is really long and I didn't even read all of it, but I figured this was appropriate for those who are interested :D

Feds return to Vick's property
Agents investigating dog fighting search QB's home
Posted: Friday July 6, 2007 11:58AM; Updated: Friday July 6, 2007 9:12PM

SURRY, Va. (AP) -- A property owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was used as the "main staging area for housing and training the pit bulls involved" in an alleged dogfighting operation, according to court documents.

The papers, filed by federal authorities, give details for the first time about what authorities contend was a long-running dogfighting venture. Vick is not named in the documents.

On Friday, federal agents searched the property for a second time, using a backhoe to dig in an area about 10 feet wide by 20 feet wide. They finished their work at about 4:30 p.m. and declined to answer reporters' questions as they left.

The documents filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Richmond and obtained Friday by The Associated Press contain the address of the Vick property that has been at the center of the investigation.

According to the documents, dog fights have been sponsored by "Bad Newz Kennels" at the property since at least 2002. For the events, participants and dogs traveled from South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, New York, Texas and other states.

Members of the venture also knowingly transported, delivered and received dogs for animal fighting, the documents state.

Fifty-four pit bulls were recovered from the property during searches in April, along with a "rape stand," used to hold dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified for dogs; and a bloodied piece of carpeting, the documents said.

The documents said the fights usually occurred late at night or in the early morning and would last several hours. The winning dog would win from "100's up to 1,000's of dollars," and participants and spectators also bet on the dogfights.

Before fights, the participating dogs of the same sex would be weighed and bathed, according to the filings. Opposing dogs would be washed to remove any poison or narcotic placed on the dog's coat that could affect the other dog's performance. Sometimes participants would not feed a dog before the fight to "make it more hungry for the other dog," the documents said.

Fights would end when one dog died or with the surrender of the losing dog, which was sometimes put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gun shot, electrocution or some other method, according to the documents. The property has an aboveground swimming pool, and investigators were seen looking into the pool Friday.

During a June search of the property, investigators uncovered the graves of seven pit bulls that were killed by members of "Bad Newz Kennels" following sessions to test whether the dogs would be good fighters, the documents said.

Members of "Bad Newz Kennels" also sponsored and exhibited fights in other parts of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey and other states, the filings said.

On Vick's Web site, he lists his birthplace as Newport News, Va., "a.k.a. BadNews."

Friday, federal agents used shovels and heavy equipment to search the Vick property, where an informant told authorities as many as 30 dogs could be buried.

A backhoe-front loader was brought in and used to excavate a cleared area on the property. The material found to be of interest was transferred into numerous large, ice-filled coolers and loaded into a rental truck, which left the property.

Some of the investigators wore T-shirts reading: "Federal Agent USDA-OIG."

An Associated Press reporter and photographer viewing the investigation from a helicopter could not clearly identify the evidence being collected.

Investigators were digging in an area about 50 yards behind the large white house on the property. About 15 people could be seen on the property, which includes several kennels surrounded by pens made of metal fencing, other kennels and outbuildings.

Located in southeast Virginia, the expansive property has a metal gate at the entrance and a white plastic fence around the perimeter. The fence and a large two-story building painted black behind the home obscured the work of investigators.

More than 15 vehicles were on the property, including the rental truck and at least one Virginia State Police evidence collection truck.

Corinne Geller, a spokeswoman for the Virginia State Police, said state authorities were working with federal investigators in an "assistance capacity."

Vick has said he rarely visited the property. No charges have been filed.

During an April 25 raid at the property, about half the dogs were tethered to car axles with heavy chains that allowed them to get close to each other, but not to have contact, an arrangement typical for fighting dogs, according to an affidavit.

Later, Surry County officials secured a search warrant based on an informant's information about dogs being buried on the property, but never acted on it because prosecutor Gerald G. Poindexter said he had concerns with the wording of the document.

On June 7, the day that warrant expired, federal officials executed their own with the help of state police investigators.

Poindexter publicly questioned the federal government's interest in a dogfighting case. He suggested Vick's celebrity was the draw and raised race as a possible motivation. Poindexter and Vick are black, as is Sheriff Harold Brown.

Poindexter, on vacation in Louisiana, said by telephone he was unaware of Friday's search and was still pursuing what he called a parallel investigation. He said he assumed Surry County and federal officials eventually will share their evidence.

Vick initially said he had no idea the property might have been used in a criminal enterprise and blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity. He also put the house up for sale and reportedly sold it quickly, although there is no record that the sale has closed. Vick has since declined to talk about the investigation.

crow_noir
07-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Thank you for the update.

Lady's Human
07-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks for posting this, Ratdog. You beat me to it.

For anyone interested, the article is on Sports Illustrated.

RICHARD
07-08-2007, 12:13 PM
THe thing that bugs me is that "Vick was not named".

So why bother? Everyone goes down with the ship EXCEPT the captain.

Cinder & Smoke
07-17-2007, 05:08 PM
:cool:

TUESDAY, July 17, 2007 ...

RICHMOND, Va. - Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury on charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Vick and three others were charged with violating federal laws against competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

:D

/s/ :) Phred

Jadapit
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I hope the jerk does jail time. I'm so glad he was indicted. He didn't know what was going on, yea right. :rolleyes:

lizbud
07-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Score one for these poor dogs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/17/vick.indicted.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

RICHARD
07-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Good,

He'll still play because he can afford the lawyers.

He'll gp tp rehab and everything will be hunky dory. :rolleyes:

lizbud
07-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Another big blow to dog fighters & take down of a breeding/training
operation lately. There is one paragraph in this article describes the cruel
"traning process" that the animals go through. :(

Cops say dogs bred to kill
--------------------

Raid shuts down major dog-fighting operation

By Matthew Walberg, Tribune staff reporter. Freelance reporter Wendy E.
Normandy contributed to this report

July 14, 2007

Dozens of fighting dogs -- many of them scarred, starved and scared --
were removed from a barn in South Holland on Friday in what officials
described as a major bust of a high-end breeding and training operation.

"Today we made the largest seizure of dogs in the history of the state
of Illinois," Cook County Sheriff Thomas Dart said at a news conference
outside the home of the dogs' owner, a 29-year-old man now facing
felony charges related to dog fighting and animal cruelty.

Thirty-seven dogs -- from puppies to adults in top fighting condition
to broken, wounded older animals -- were removed from cages stacked
three high in a dark room in the barn behind the suspect's home.

Most appeared to be pit bulls, but one -- a urine-soaked dog, larger
than the pit bulls, and whose hair was falling out -- was thought to be a
"bait dog," used to train the pit bulls to fight, investigators said.

Treadmills to increase the animals' stamina and amphetamines to make
them fight harder and stronger also were recovered, Dart said.

The suspect was taken to the sheriff's police headquarters in Maywood.
Charges won't be filed before Saturday, spokeswoman Penny Mateck said.
It would not be the first time the man has faced charges in connection
with dog fighting, Dart said.

"This is an individual who was just recently convicted of attending a
dog fight in Livingston County, by Pontiac, Illinois," he said. "We were
involved in that arrest as well. That was a large outdoor dog-fighting
event that went on about a year and a half ago."

Investigators have not found any evidence dog fights took place at the
South Holland barn. Authorities said the suspect bred and trained the
dogs to sell or rent to individuals who entered them in fights
elsewhere. The dogs typically sold for about $500 each, an investigator said.

The property in the 15900 block of Cottage Grove Avenue, surrounded by
homes, seemed an unlikely location to house, breed and train fighting
dogs.

With the doors to the barn open, the pungent odor of dog urine and
feces wafted through the neighborhood, and the sound of the dogs could be
heard a block away.

"It's one of the things that I found astounding when I came here, both
from the aroma and the noise, that more people did not know about it,"
Dart said. "But there is a level of insulation inside the barn that
keeps you from hearing things inside and out, and there also was a
mechanism in the ventilation, where it kicked in radios as well to try to
drown out the sound [of the dogs]."

Operation hidden

It appeared to work. Neighbors gathered throughout the morning and
afternoon, incredulous when they learned of the dogs.

"This is going to come as a shock to everybody," said Charles Dixon,
53, of the 15900 block of South Drexel Avenue, about a block from where
the dogs were discovered. "We knew he had dogs. You could open your
window last summer and the stench would knock you out. We went to him and
asked him to clean it up, and he did."

Dixon said he never suspected his neighbor was raising dogs to fight.

"He seemed like a real nice guy," he said. "But then, they say John
Wayne Gacy was a hell of a nice neighbor, too."

Call began scrutiny

Dart said a concerned citizen contacted South Holland police and his
office in May. He declined to identify the person, but two workers for
animal shelters who were watching the bust said they tipped off police.
Officials close to the investigation confirmed their role.

One of the workers, who did not wish to be identified for fear of
reprisal, said she and her colleague went to the suspect's home May 14 and
told him he was breaking the law. The police were called, and the
workers said the officers told them they had to leave the suspect's property.

The two workers told reporters they believed police did not take their
suspicions seriously. But an investigator at the scene said that as a
result of the May 14 incident, officers with the sheriff's police
special operations unit and the South Holland department began trying to
develop evidence for a search warrant.

A neighbor who lives across the street said he began seeing police in
unmarked cars watching the home the last several weeks, and one
investigator interviewed him about a week ago.

"I told him that the place was like a gas station -- people coming and
going constantly at night," said the man, who did not wish to be
identified. "I thought maybe he was dealing drugs."

A horrific process

Dart and investigators said the process by which a happy puppy is
transformed into a brutal fighter is simple: First, break the animal's will
by keeping it in the dark, in a cramped cage without adequate food or
water, and, on occasion, batter it with loud music. Then, once the
animal is reduced to a shell, rebuild it physically and mentally through
better feeding, strength training and beatings and torture to make it
angry. Then, take it out and bet money on what essentially are death
matches.

The sheriff said it was too soon to know whether any of the dogs would
be put to death.

Dart said the investigation is ongoing.

He lamented the cachet dog fighting has garnered, both in bragging
points for gang members and as a lucrative moneymaker.

"That's one of the things that's really so troubling," Dart said. "They
become status symbols within the gangs, and it's also used as a way of
making money. It's not anything like what somebody might say is a
harmless offense. This is incredibly serious -- the amount of cruelty
toward the animals is unbelievable."

----------

Lady's Human
07-17-2007, 07:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940065

Maybe it's time for Mikey to take a season-long leave of absence to ensure his legal issues are taken care of and he's not a distraction to the team.

Hellow
07-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I liek Vick because he is a awsome QB but thats all that i knew about him was that he played football, not that he fought dogs.

Queen of Poop
07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Michael Vick and all his cronies need to go directly to jail. Where the jailers are all dog lovers.

Cataholic
07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
I read this this morning, and while the graphic writing disturbed me greatly, I offered up a prayer!

moosmom
07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm so glad they finally arrested this punk that thinks nothing of contributing to an already obnoxious so called "sport". I saw this on the news last night and was overjoyed. Unfortunately, he'll probably only get off with a slap on the wrist.

Daisy and Delilah
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I just went to the Atlanta Falcon website and sent them an email for Mr. Vick that I can imagine will curl someone's hair. I doubt that he will ever read it but I hope someone get's something out of it.

I was amazed at how clever I could be after hearing the latest on CNN. I didn't think I had it in me. In the email, in conclusion, I invited him to please come to Florida and spend a week with me and I would show him a really good time.

What a stupid jerk!!! :( :( :mad: :mad:

gemini9961
07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
He disgusts me! :mad: I hope he gets more than a slap on the wrist. I don't want to say what I wish for him as it's not very nice.

RICHARD
07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Remember that the Altlanta Falcons are just his employer, we have to wait until they make a judgement as to what they are going to do with him.

Daisy and Delilah
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Remember that the Altlanta Falcons are just his employer, we have to wait until they make a judgement as to what they are going to do with him.

I see he has his own website with message boards. However, I couldn't find a "contact" link on there to go directly to him or his people. I didn't know what else to do to get my frustrations out. I am so incredibly sickened by this story, I can't get over it. If he is in fact found guilty of this crime, I hope he gets as much punishment that the law allows. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kfamr
07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
My thoughts on this are not allowed to be expressed on PT. :mad: :mad: Oh how I'd love to take all of my stress and anger out on this poor excuse of a man. :mad:

Lady's Human
07-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Pardon while I interrupt my thread for a minute....

Vick has been indicted. This does not equal guilt.

That is for a jury to decide, based on the evidence that will be presented to them at the time of the trial.

Do I think Vick is a punk?

Yes, but I thought he was a punk long before these charges were being investigated.

lizbud
07-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Pardon while I interrupt my thread for a minute....

Vick has been indicted. This does not equal guilt.

That is for a jury to decide, based on the evidence that will be presented to them at the time of the trial.

Do I think Vick is a punk?

Yes, but I thought he was a punk long before these charges were being investigated.

Do you think that there is a chance in hell that he will get off on any of
each separate count in the Indictment? The evidence, shown only publicly,
would prove overwhelming guilt on all charges. Who knows how many witnesses can be produced for Trial against him. In fact it shows his
involvement in all phases of the dog fighting business. He's a freak &
deserves all the time he gets.

Lady's Human
07-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Again, there hasn't been a trial yet, and we only know what's in the grand jury indictment. Who knows what it will look like when the lawyers get done with it?

I have sincere doubts about his innocence, but with some of the emails I've received I felt that some people could do with a reminder that there IS a constitutional right to trial by jury, as opposed to lynching via public opinion.

ratdogg
07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
OOH OOH! Vick's court date is set for the first day of practice. That doesn't mean a whole lot except it'll add to the media frenzy. I'm sure that coincidence will help fuel much discussion and add to the distraction. I don't like the falcons cause back in 1997 the 49ers played them in the playoffs and garrison hearst shattered his ankle. He never was the same player again and he was an amazing RB before getting hurt. Thus i despise the falcons to this day. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2941014

elizabethann
07-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Why is this jerk still in the NFL? I just don't get it. The NFL has sworn to clean up the league and hold its employees (the players) to higher standards. This is embarassing to the game! Get that SOB out! :mad:

Jadapit
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Why is this jerk still in the NFL? I just don't get it. The NFL has sworn to clean up the league and hold its employees (the players) to higher standards. This is embarassing to the game! Get that SOB out! :mad:

I totally agree with you! The more I read on Vick and his cronies the sicker I become. The things they did to those dogs should be done to them!!!!
I was thinking about all the young kids that look up to that jerk as a role model. That’s all the pit bull needs is kids thinking dog fighting is cool because one of their so called football heroes thought the same. Vick is a total waste of space. The guy must have a heart made of coal, or no heart at all.

I received this in my email from the Humane Society. I signed for getting Vick kicked out of the NFL. Look at the picture of the poor pit bull. He is so scarred from fighting. The Humane Society has all the pit bulls that were taken from Vick's home. Thank God, they are out of the hands of the monsters that owned them.

https://community.hsus.org/humane/notice-description.tcl?newsletter_id=11740930

elizabethann
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM
I just went to the website you mentioned and sent an email to the commissioner. I basically said what I said in my previous post.

On another note, I went to the Michael Vick website (yes, I wasted my valuable time & oxygen on this pig). It has his NIKE sneakers on the main page. Why is NIKE still supporting him? They should cut his contract and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Some of the things people wrote on his website are very nasty. Little kids shouldn't read them.

Jadapit
07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I just went to the website you mentioned and sent an email to the commissioner. I basically said what I said in my previous post.

On another note, I went to the Michael Vick website (yes, I wasted my valuable time & oxygen on this pig). It has his NIKE sneakers on the main page. Why is NIKE still supporting him? They should cut his contract and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Some of the things people wrote on his website are very nasty. Little kids shouldn't read them.

Its about the all mighty dollar with Nike and the Falcons.

This article is very interesting, also the video is very good. They do have a very strong case against Vick. His cronies will more than likely snitch on him to help with their case.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2941489

Lady's Human
07-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm still waiting for ESPN to respond to my email asking how Golic (one of their morning radio hosts) could dismiss the gravity of the case they have against Vick and compare it to the Duke rape case. I'm not holding my breath.

Jadapit
07-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm still waiting for ESPN to respond to my email asking how Golic (one of their morning radio hosts) could dismiss the gravity of the case they have against Vick and compare it to the Duke rape case. I'm not holding my breath.

Let us know if you hear back from ESPN.

They have these shirts on Cafe Press. I'm going to order one. To bad ALL the Falcon fans dont order one and wear it to the games.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Katogirl/vick.jpg?t=1184874019

Daisy and Delilah
07-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I haven't received a response from my email to the Atlanta Falcons. It's too bad they can't find time to comment. I'm not holding my breath either.

I love the t-shirt!!

Grace
07-19-2007, 04:51 PM
This just in - from ESPN:

ATLANTA -- Michael Vick's legal troubles prompted Nike on Thursday to suspend the release of its latest product line named after the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

Nike has told retailers it will not release a fifth signature shoe, the Air Zoom Vick V, this summer. Nike spokesman Dean Stoyer said the four shoe products and three shirts that currently bear Vick's name will remain in stores. Vick will be arraigned next week in a Richmond, Va., federal courtroom on charges of sponsoring a dogfighting operation.

Stoyer said the company still has a standing contract with Vick but declined to speculate on his future with Nike.

Cinder & Smoke
07-19-2007, 08:24 PM
He'll pay - one way or another!

The fallout of his once numerous Product Endorsement Contracts is fast approaching a
landslide of UN-happy sponsors and companies he USED to represent.
Soon there may be none! ;)

Here's a good aticle from MSNBC.com >>>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19834805/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19834805/)

/s/ Phred

joycenalex
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
his suspension from the falcons, nfl and the termination of his contract with nike won't be soon enough. no reputable company can afford to be affilated with that waste of dna

Zippy
07-20-2007, 11:54 AM
My parents just told me about this and I am so mad :mad: I hope he gets fired and loses all his sponcers.I hope he gets jail time.He should the Sick Wimp. :mad:

RICHARD
07-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Four,
I wonder what a PETA wacko looks like at your front door at three A.M.!

I guess he'll soon find out!

----------

Emmit Smith was quoted regarding the MV charges.

Paraphrased here- "Vick's taking the fall because he's the big name.."

Emmit, I admired you, but hated the Cowboys.

Now I know that can't have any faith in a moron named Emmit.

lizbud
07-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Emmit Smith was quoted regarding the MV charges.

Paraphrased here- "Vick's taking the fall because he's the big name.."

Emmit, I admired you, but hated the Cowboys.

Now I know that can't have any faith in a moron named Emmit.

I'm surprised that he didn't call it a racist move to charge the punk.

RICHARD
07-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm surprised that he didn't call it a racist move to charge the punk.

It's already happened.

Funny,

You are smart enough to earn a ginormous (god, I hate that word) amount of money, and you are too stupid to know right from wrong.

Please, the race card is always played when someone does something stupid.
The _____________ ( fill in the appropriate race ) always blame the "man" when a famous person screws up.

As for the "presumption of guilt" by the public before the trial.

Rarely are people indicted by a GJ if they are innocent. Why?

THe GJ jumps thru hoops to get the info before the indictment-
Not politically correct to say this but, If the AH had nothing to do with it, no problem, I am sure they were very thorough with the evidence.

It has nothing to do with race.

It has to do with brains-Vick and his defenders have none. :confused:

shais_mom
07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Pit Bulls and Stupid Fools
by Doug Giles

It's sad that one of the greatest dog breeds ever to grace the planet,
the
American Pit Bull Terrier, has fallen into the hands of animal abusing
idiots. Guys like Michael Vick, our nation's scurrilous hip hop
hoodlums and
other waste-of-sperm-and-eggs are not even worthy to carry this
canine's
excrement much less superintend their subsistence. The Pit Bulls should
be
walking these boys on the leash, teaching them to fetch, heel and sit
and not
the other way around.

I think I speak for all Pit Bull lovers by saying, "thanks morons for
sullying a substantial animal's rep via dog fighting." Why don't you
Darwinian holdovers get another hobby, huh ladies? I've got something
you
could do. Since you like doing radical stuff ... how about bungee
jumping
without the bungee? Or base jumping without a 'chute? Or trying to
catch
bullets with your teeth? Yeah ... that's it.

Of the many things that suck about Vick's and his vapid gang's Pit Bull

fighting, one particular thing (aside from the obvious abuse) that
ticks me
off is this noble breed gets officially branded, once again, as Satan's

Cerberus.

Read on at...

http://townhall.com/Columnists/DougGiles/2007/07/21/pit_bulls_and_stupid_fools

lizbud
07-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Staci, fantastic article, I love it. :) Thanks to you for posting the link.
I wish that could be reprinted in every paper in the USA.

shais_mom
07-23-2007, 12:14 PM
ANd here's a link - sorry if this is posted already - I didn't read the entire thread....

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_dogfighting_nike/forward/ind8ui82yd3txm7

Lady's Human
07-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Update......

Vick has been banned from training camp by the NFL pending their review of the case.

joycenalex
07-23-2007, 07:34 PM
the key seems to be the nfls' instructions to the falcons not to do anything until the nfl is done. could this mean the nfl is prepared to 'overlook' his in ditement? ..from msnbc.. Michael Vick was ordered by commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday to stay away from the Atlanta Falcons’ training camp until the league reviews the dogfighting charges against him.

“While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy,” Goodell said in a letter to the quarterback.

The NFL said Vick would still get his preseason pay and Goodell told the Falcons to withhold any disciplinary action of their own until the league’s review was completed
Gooddell told Vick the league would complete its review as quickly as possible and that he expected full cooperation.

The Falcons open camp on Thursday, the same day Vick is scheduled to be arraigned in Richmond, Va., on charges of sponsoring a dogfighting operation.

Vick, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2001 draft, last season became the first quarterback ever to rush for more than 1,000 yards.

After his indictment last week, the NFL’s position was that it would monitor developments and allow the legal process to “determine the facts.”

Since then, pressure has been mounting on the league and the Falcons, particularly from animal-rights groups.

PETA — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals — demonstrated at Falcons’ headquarters in Flowery Branch, Ga., on Monday and did the same outside NFL offices in New York last week. At the same time, Goodell was meeting with officials from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The league and the ASPCA are working on a program to educate players about the proper treatment of animals.

Activists also put pressure on companies that have endorsements deals with Vick to sever their ties. Nike said it would not release a fifth signature shoe, the Air Zoom Vick V, this summer. Nike spokesman Dean Stoyer said the four shoe products and three shirts that currently bear Vick’s name will remain in stores.

Lady's Human
07-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Banning him from training camp but telling the Falcons to pay him= the commish getting harsh with Vick. As he is getting paid, there is absolutely NOTHING the player's union can do.

The league telling the team not to take any action is probably due to financial concern for the Falcons on the part of the league. If the Falcons do anything unilaterally, like cut Vick, they still have a salary cap hit against them for Vick's salary. If the league suspends him, however, the Falcons would probably get the cap room back.

crow_noir
07-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Beaverton Oregon Protesters Picket Nike.

http://www.katu.com/news/8631477.html

BEAVERTON, Ore. – The Oregon Humane Society protested outside of Nike world headquarters in Oregon Friday, hoping to convince the Beaverton-based company to drop its sponsorship of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

Vick was indicted Tuesday for his alleged participation in illegal dog fighting and faces charges of animal cruelty.

Since the allegations surfaced, Nike has decided to suspend next month’s scheduled release of its ‘Zoom Vick Five’ shoe.

Around two dozen protest organizers from as far as Seattle gathered to demonstrate outside Nike's headquarters in Beaverton.

One man wearing a pair of Nike athletic shoes said it was going to be the last pair he buys unless Nike severs ties with Vick. Others held signs, many of them showing the gruesome injuries dogs incur from fighting.

While the case brings to mind the dog abuse charges brought against former Trail Blazer Qyntel Woods in 2005, the protests against Vick have intensified after details were released that indicated some of Vick's dogs were tortured or executed.

The Humane Society has said it wants Nike to go further than a postponed shoe release, but Nike said it will neither sever its multi-million dollar endorsement deal with Vick nor recall any merchandise connected with the Falcon’s football star.

Vick's dogs have sometimes appeared in Nike commercials

Logan
07-24-2007, 03:17 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7052768?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10239

The latest news. I hope PETA is not the only reason for the NFL making him sit. I hope.

Lady's Human
07-24-2007, 03:27 PM
No, the NFL has been getting lambasted by pet owners, HSUS, ASPCA, pretty much the whole spectrum.

Peta( :rolleyes: ) is just the most visible piece.

cassiesmom
07-24-2007, 04:03 PM
related humor from today's on line Chicago Tribune ...
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/cartoon/2007-07/31397500.jpg

RICHARD
07-24-2007, 04:05 PM
The Humane Society has said it wants Nike to go further than a postponed shoe release, but Nike said it will neither sever its multi-million dollar endorsement deal with Vick nor recall any merchandise connected with the Falcon’s football star.

LOL, when Kobe Bryant 'raped' the gal in CO they practically ran from him.
I guess killing dogs is OK.

cassiesmom
07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Since the allegations surfaced, Nike has decided to suspend next month’s scheduled release of its ‘Zoom Vick Five’ shoe.

The protests against Vick have intensified after details were released that indicated some of Vick's dogs were tortured or executed.

I wonder why Nike is taking this position? What would they gain, and what would Vick gain?

moosmom
07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I was reading the Hartford Courant this morning and came upon a letter written by one stupid, idiotic pet owner, regarding Michael Vicks being charged. I tried to find it online but it wasn't there. So, I'm typing it word for word from the newspaper.

I feel VERY badly for any animal that is in this jerk's care...

"Dogs Have No Rights"

Michael Vicks should not be charged with anything. Animals have no rights.

I have never seend any reference in any of our Founding Fathers' documents that indicated that all men and animals are created equal.

To put animals on as par with humans from a legal perspective degrates the worth of humanity.

As it is, legal resources are stretched thin dealing with real crimes. To waste law enforcement and court time on proceduting an animal rights violation is absurd.

I have had animals for years and have spent substantial amount of money on their health and well-being. I have done this by choise because I own them and have taken the responsibility to care for them.

Because I am the owner, I also believe I have the option to do anything I want with them - even kill them, like animal shelters do everyday.

Jon F. Connors Sr.
Colchester, CT

The letter infuriated me. The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

joycenalex
07-24-2007, 06:18 PM
my guess is lots and lots of money. the nike lawyers are likely looking for a way to end the contract and vicks' lawyers are looking for ways to force nike to pay off. cynical i know, but that's my guess.

clara4457
07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
--snipped for space--
From the Hartford Courant:
Because I am the owner, I also believe I have the option to do anything I want with them - even kill them, like animal shelters do everyday.
Jon F. Connors Sr.
Colchester, CT

What he doesn't understand (obviously) is that animal fighting is more than just a cruelty to animals issue - it is a people issue also. My rescue is part of an alliance of animal rescues and shelters in the area. We recently sent out a press release about this very issue and how it relates to the people in the community. If your interested in reading it - here is the link:

http://aawny.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29

Jadapit
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I wonder why Nike is taking this position? What would they gain, and what would Vick gain?

The Humane Society has said it wants Nike to go further than a postponed shoe release, but Nike said it will neither sever its multi-million dollar endorsement deal...

Its ALL about the money with Nike and Vick.

Jadapit
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I was reading an article on Vick, I wish I would have saved it. Anyway, he was quoted saying this, "Everybody still gonna love me"! :rolleyes: In his dreams everybody still gonna love him.

Cinder & Smoke
07-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Vick was quoted saying this,
"Everybody still gonna love me ..."! :rolleyes:

Yupper ... he just didn't finish the sentence ...

"Everybody still gonna love me Going to JAIL!" :p

Reachoutrescue
07-24-2007, 07:37 PM
I pray he rots for what he has done. Those poor dogs. This is why Pit Bulls have such bad reps and are immediately put down when brought to shelters. If only we can change things for them.

joycenalex
07-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Yupper ... he just didn't finish the sentence ...

"Everybody still gonna love me Going to JAIL!" :p

in particular those inmates who had/loved a dog, they will be real happy.

joycenalex
07-24-2007, 08:16 PM
can you imagine the "dogkiller ' chants when the falcons go anywhere? the protests? they are gonna have to do something and soon

shais_mom
07-24-2007, 11:28 PM
in particular those inmates who had/loved a dog, they will be real happy.
or the ones that participate in the Prison programs where they train the dogs for adoption...

ratdogg
07-24-2007, 11:49 PM
vick will probably miss the season but i'm sure he'll play again...but until then:

na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey. good bye!

crow_noir
07-25-2007, 02:03 AM
Minor League Baseball Teams Joins Protest Over Vick.

http://itchmo.com/read/minor-league-baseball-team-joins-in-protest-against-michael-vick_20070724#more-1836

The Long Beach Armada, a Golden Baseball League team, is taking part of the fight against Michael Vick.

This Sunday, July 29, the team will be hosting the first ever Michael Vick Awareness Day. Baseball fans are invited to bring their dogs to the game and sit and watch in a special section.

Also, the Long Beach Armada will destroy all Michael Vick jerseys in protest to the inhumane treatment of animals. Any fan who trades in a Michael Vick t-shirt or jersey at the box office will receive free admission to the game and a donation in their name will be made to Justin Rudd’s Community Action Team ( C.A.T.), a 501c3 nonprofit that provides educational outreach and events to help inspire a better understanding of dogs, encourage responsible ownership practices, and offer practical adoption and rescue opportunities.

From press release:

Special events to celebrate “man’s (woman’s) best friend” are being planned for fans and their pets attending the game, including a ceremonial doggie first pitch, doggie beauty contest, skate-boarding bulldogs, wiener dog races, doggie washes, and more. The Armada will have a special entrance for doggies and their owners. In addition to being on a leash, dogs must have their vaccinations current and dog owners must sign a waiver of liability prior to entering Blair Field. In the interest of safety for both fans and dogs, any dog that becomes aggressive will be asked to leave. Dogs will be allowed to visit a designated comfort area throughout the game.

“Armada players, coaches, and staff spend every day working in the professional sports world and many of us are also devoted dog owners. We feel as sports professionals it is necessary to bring awareness to animal abuse, particularly the intolerable injustices associated with dog fighting,” commented Armada President and General Manager Steven Bash. “We hope the entire community of Long Beach comes out to help support the Armada, our partners, and this important event

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.longbeacharmada.com/ArDisplay.aspx?ID=3425&SecID=306

Dog Days Of Summer: Armada Host "Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day"
Fans Invited To Bring Canine Friends; Join in Michael Vick Jersey Bonfire

LONG BEACH, CA - The Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America including Barrow, Alaska have announced that on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 2:05pm the Armada will host the first ever "Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day." On the heels of Michael Vick's indictment, baseball fans and their four-legged friends are invited to bring their pooch and sit in a special section at Blair Field.

Reminiscent of the infamous Disco Demolition over 25 years ago (without the attendant stampede and chaos), the Armada will destroy all Michael Vick jerseys in protest to the inhumane treatment of animals. Any fan who trades in a Michael Vick t-shirt or jersey at the box office will receive free admission to the game and a donation in their name will be made to Justin Rudd's Community Action Team ( C.A.T.), a 501c3 nonprofit that provides educational outreach and events to help inspire a better understanding of dogs, encourage responsible ownership practices, and offer practical adoption and rescue opportunities.

Operation Santa Paws will be on hand to collect donations for abused and abandoned animals currently in shelters and rescues. Fans who bring in pet toys, treats, and/or cleaning supplies will receive a free ticket to a future Armada game courtesy of Operation Santa Paws and the Long Beach Armada. For more information on donations, log on to www.santapaws.info or www.hautedogs.org.

Special events to celebrate "man's (woman's) best friend" are being planned for fans and their pets attending the game, including a ceremonial doggie first pitch, doggie beauty contest, skate-boarding bulldogs, wiener dog races, doggie washes, and more. The Armada will have a special entrance for doggies and their owners. In addition to being on a leash, dogs must have their vaccinations current and dog owners must sign a waiver of liability prior to entering Blair Field. In the interest of safety for both fans and dogs, any dog that becomes aggressive will be asked to leave. Dogs will be allowed to visit a designated comfort area throughout the game.

"Armada players, coaches, and staff spend every day working in the professional sports world and many of us are also devoted dog owners. We feel as sports professionals it is necessary to bring awareness to animal abuse, particularly the intolerable injustices associated with dog fighting," commented Armada President and General Manager Steven Bash. "We hope the entire community of Long Beach comes out to help support the Armada, our partners, and this important event."

Season ticket holders and fans who purchase tickets through the Armada corporate office or participating sponsors will be able to receive a free DOGGIE admission ticket for their canine companion. Free voucher coupons or other complimentary tickets are not eligible for DOGGIE tickets.

For tickets and other event information, contact the Armada ticket office at (562) 434-7161 or visit www.longbeacharmada.com. For more information on DOGGIE ticket eligibility, sponsorship of this event, or other participation in this event, please contact sbash*AT*goldenbaseball*DOT*com .

pitc9
07-25-2007, 07:56 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/cartoon/2007-07/31397500.jpg

Whom ever posted the link to this... this is GREAT!!!! :D

Crow, that's great that they are doing that!

Vick needs to be put in a fighting pit.

cassiesmom
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Reminiscent of the infamous Disco Demolition over 25 years ago (without the attendant stampede and chaos)

I wonder if Steve Dahl (the radio personality behind the July '79 Disco Demolition) is a dog person? He's still on the radio in Chicago. I'll have to listen to his show and see if he has anything to say about this whole thing. The White Sox had a double-header yesterday ... had Vick been there during the intermission they could have re-enacted the Disco Demolition -- using him as a disco record.

Crow_noir, what is Santa Paws? The article says they will receive donations of dog toys from people who bring them to the game that day. Sounds like something good will come out of this.

RICHARD
07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
LIke, Why do they have to make it "MV awareness day"?

The AH gets enough attention as it is! :mad:

Rachel
07-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Its ALL about the money with Nike and Vick.

Well, then we need to show Nike just how much money this *association* with Vick is going to cost them.

Jadapit
07-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, then we need to show Nike just how much money this *association* with Vick is going to cost them.

I agree with you 100%!!

lizbud
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
THis is the first I've heard about this but, other NFL players could also
be involved. I hope they take them all down.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/24/mmqbte/index.html?cnn=yes

RICHARD
07-25-2007, 08:41 PM
THis is the first I've heard about this but, other NFL players could also
be involved. I hope they take them all down.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/24/mmqbte/index.html?cnn=yes

This is a given.
DFing is an very clique-y thing. If he was betting 10-30 gs a fight there are not too many people with ordinary jobs that could do that.

One of the things that was tossed around by the media was a plea deal for MV-He rolls on his friends and he gets a bye.

Catty1
07-25-2007, 08:45 PM
He rolls on his friends and he gets a bye.

He might as well...he'll never be trusted by the public again where animals or anything else is concerned, and turning all the fighters in will save a few dogs, maybe a LOT of dogs.

And if these clowns know of other rings (raid their computers!), this could be a big bust.

crow_noir
07-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I didn't know any more than you do.

Here's what i found looking it up on GoodSearch. http://www.santapaws.info/

Crow_noir, what is Santa Paws? The article says they will receive donations of dog toys from people who bring them to the game that day. Sounds like something good will come out of this.

Sevaede
07-26-2007, 01:22 AM
I am currently watching a show. They were just speaking of Vick and fighting dogs. They were talking about how this is a horrible thing. At the end they aired a sound clip in which someone (not one of their crew) remarked that, "Having a pit bull is like having a crack pipe. There's really only one reason for it."

pitc9
07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I am currently watching a show. They were just speaking of Vick and fighting dogs. They were talking about how this is a horrible thing. At the end they aired a sound clip in which someone (not one of their crew) remarked that, "Having a pit bull is like having a crack pipe. There's really only one reason for it."
:eek: :eek:

I saw the BEST T-Shirt on TV this morning it said:

Ignorance breeds ignorance
Neuter Michael Vick

I LOVE it!!!!

lizbud
07-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Tonight on CNN (Paula Zahn Show), they are supposed to discuss dog
fighting in the USA. Today is also the day Vick has to appear in court to
answer charges, right?

lbaker
07-26-2007, 09:17 AM
In Richmond VA today he is supposed to appear at a bond hearing and enter a plea, dirt-bag piece of evil trash :mad:

Cinder & Smoke
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
:mad:

Vick, and the other three vermin, were allowd to leave Court
with NO BOND required from any of the four. :mad:

The Story >>>
Vick pleads not guilty to dogfighting charges
Falcons QB, 3 others, released conditionally without bond until Nov. 26 trial

RICHMOND, Va. - Michael Vick (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19965019/#) pleaded not guilty Thursday to federal dogfighting accusations and was released conditionally without bond until a Nov. 26 trial.

The Atlanta Falcons (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19965019/#) quarterback and three others entered their pleas in U.S. District Court to conspiracy charges involving competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting, and conducting the enterprise across state lines. Federal prosecutors allege the operation — known as Bad Newz Kennels — operated on Vick’s property in Surry County.

U.S. Magistrate Dennis Dohnal, in releasing the defendants without bond, said the judicial system is grounded on the principle that a defendant is innocent until proven guilt “no matter how heinous the allegations may be.”

WAY to GO (NOT) "Magistrate" Dohnal! :mad:

lbaker
07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Damned Virginians *once again* :mad:

Jadapit
07-26-2007, 03:34 PM
You are so right Phred, it SUCKS the whole thing sucks. :mad:

RICHARD
07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Deion Sanders is another idiot.

----------

Yes Vick is innocent when proven guilty but I love the "high profile" lawyers that come out and make statements like, "We are going to prove that MV is innocent".

LOLOLOLOL,

If MV does go to the can what does the lawyer care? He gets paid, doesn't spend a day in jail and gets more business.

When you lose, you win.. :rolleyes:

Jadapit
07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
The shirt I ordered from Cafe Press came today. I'm going to wear it tomorrow when I walk the fur kids. I love it! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Katogirl/Picture004.jpg?t=1185484757

cassiesmom
07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Thank goodness for this anonymous tipster!

POSTED: 10:07 am CDT July 26, 2007
UPDATED: 1:08 pm CDT July 26, 2007

BURBANK, Ill. -- An anonymous tip led Burbank police to a van full of caged, lethargic dogs stacked atop one another and headed to dog fights across the country, Burbank police said.

The four pit bull terrier pups that were near death and eight emaciated and thirsty adult pit bulls were taken Sunday to the Animal Welfare League in Chicago Ridge, police said.

The two men in the panel van, accused of transporting the dogs, were taken to jail, where they remained Wednesday, unable to post $150,000 bail each, authorities said.

An officer said some of the dogs suffered burns on their paws from standing in their own urine, and some of the dogs were nearly blind.

"The puppies they had to give IVs to right away, or they would have been dead in a few hours," he said.

The dogs never were let out of their cages during transport and were left standing in their own waste, he said.

Brian James Bailey, 48, of Marion, Texas, and Tony Self, 35, of Stone Mountain, Ga., were charged with felony aggravated animal cruelty and dogfighting, police said.

"According to their logs, they travel throughout the country, mostly the east, picking up and dropping off the dogs for fighting," the officer said. "There's no way he's getting them back."

The men had made a stop at a Chicago location prior to stopping to refuel at a Burbank gas station about 8:30 p.m., according to police. It was unclear if the men were going to make other stops in the area.

Elliott Serrano, community outreach specialist with the Anti-Cruelty Society in Chicago, said many gamble on dog fights.

"The allure of dogfighting is the excitement and the violence," he said. "It triggers off that hormone in the brain that when you see live combat, it gives you a thrill."

Serrano compared dogfighting to a "last man standing match."

"In a fight, the animals are compelled to brutalize each other until their opponent is no longer able to fight," he said.

Dogfighting in Chicago is becoming associated with a culture of drugs and gangs. But the activity has existed for hundreds of years.

"It is a culture. It is a way of life to a lot of these folks," Serrano said. "Some people get into dogfighting because that's their way of exerting power and control and getting what they perceive as respect."

Bailey has been in similar trouble in Texas where he had 88 pit bulls seized at the site of a dog fight on his property in Marion, Texas, in 2005, according to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Texas.

Of those dogs, at least 40 of the adults showed signs that they were used or trained to fight, the news release said, and they were destroyed.

The appropriate fate of pit bulls who have been trained for fighting is a topic for debate among animal rescuers and anti-cruelty advocates, Serrano said.

The Anti-Cruelty Society would never try to adopt out a pit bull used in fighting. But rescuers have taken dogs from fighting situations and tried to find homes for them.

"It's the classic nature versus nurture argument," he said.

Copyright 2007, Sun-Times News Group

Copyright 2007 by NBC5.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

shais_mom
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
The shirt I ordered from Cafe Press came today. I'm going to wear it tomorrow when I walk the fur kids. I love it! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Katogirl/Picture004.jpg?t=1185484757
I LOVE it!

shais_mom
07-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Let's spay Michael Vick and THEN Britney! :eek:

shais_mom
07-26-2007, 06:19 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/michael+vick/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_20911839/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/michael+vick/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_20924772/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

Cinder & Smoke
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/michael+vick/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_20911839/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

http://images.cafepress.com/product/152617686v3_240x240_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/michael+vick/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_20924772/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

Don't think I'll post THIS one ^^^ ... not 'zaktly sure what's on the shirt ...
better you should *click* da link for yourself! :eek:

Hope this gets past the Mayor's eyes. ;)

Jadapit
07-26-2007, 06:58 PM
LOL! I LOVE the bad newz shirt. I may have to order that one also. :)

shais_mom
07-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Hope this gets past the Mayor's eyes. ;)
oh sure- I post the link and you post the shirt and I'll be the one that gets in trubble!!
that's why I posted the link you silly goof!
*THUMPZ*

Cinder & Smoke
07-26-2007, 07:11 PM
oh sure- I post the link and you post the shirt and I'll be the one that gets in trubble!!

that's why I posted the link, you silly goof!
*THUMPZ*

Duhhh ... :p

Nebber happin! ;)

Anyhow - it'll be MY post that gets the Red Ink X ;)

sammy101
07-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Did anyone watch CNN tonight? Paula very much supported Pitties which was wonderful. She interviewed a trainer who basically said its not the breed but they way you treat it. People need to learn that. The trainer also had a gorgeous Pit named John Henry on the show.
I'm glad that the U.S is finally beginning to see how brutal this disgusting sport is. Now hopefully they get more strict and enforce it more now since its very public.

Cinder & Smoke
07-27-2007, 04:11 PM
:)
They're starting to catch on ...
Friday, July 27, 2007 >>>

Reebok suspends sales of Vick football jerseys ...
Dogfighting allegations against QB ‘too disturbing to ignore’ for company.

NEW YORK - Athletic apparel maker Reebok said on Friday it is suspending sales of jerseys of National Football League star Michael Vick (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19999259/#), who has been accused of sponsoring a dog-fighting operation.

“While we respect the legal process, we find the allegations against Mr. Vick too disturbing to ignore,” said Reebok, a division of Germany’s Adidas, in a statement.

Reebok does not have a separate marketing relationship with Vick, but it is the official supplier of all National Football League apparel and equipment, according to the statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if Nike would catch on ...

Freckles
07-27-2007, 04:19 PM
They're starting to catch on ...
Now if Nike would catch on ...
They did! (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19999259/#)

RICHARD
07-27-2007, 04:26 PM
More charges expected in his case...

-------------

Now, why can't this happen when these idiot stars do something stupid?

Why doesn't MADD try to boycott or protest at movie premieres?

Cinder & Smoke
07-27-2007, 04:29 PM

Who's next ??
THANKS, Mr. Nike! ;)

Nike suspends endorsement deal with Vick ...

Move follows Reebok's decision to suspend sales of quarterback’s jerseys.

NEW YORK - Friday, July 27, 2007 -
Nike has suspended its endorsment contract with Michael Vick (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19999259/#), CNBC reported Friday.

"Nike has suspended Michael Vick's contract without pay, and will not sell any more Michael Vick product at Nike owned retail at this time," the company said in a statement.

"As we've said before, Nike is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent. However, we do believe that Michael Vick should be afforded the same due process as any citizen in the United States, therefore, we have not terminated our relationship."

They can CANCEL his contract after he's convicted! ;)

Jadapit
07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for posting the info Phred. It made my day! :D

cassiesmom
07-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Had Vick not been indicted, I wonder if Nike and Reebok would still have taken the actions they did. Money talks.

Edited to ask: Did anyone see the pit bull image with the caption that says, "I'm a lover, not a fighter"? I think I saw it as a magnet on Cafe Press, but I'm not sure.

Cinder & Smoke
07-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey Vick ~
You're a little late now ... :D

Co-defendant doesn't want trial

Taylor to have plea agreement hearing on Monday

Associated Presss article via SI.com:
Posted: Friday July 27, 2007 9:02PM; Updated: Saturday July 28, 2007 12:25AM

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- One of Michael Vick (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/5448)'s co-defendants doesn't want to wait for trial.
Instead, a plea agreement hearing has been scheduled for TonyTaylor at 9 a.m. Monday in the federal dogfighting conspiracy case.

Taylor's hearing was added to U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson's docket Friday, a day after he and the other three defendants pleaded not guilty before the same judge. Vick and the others still are scheduled for trial Nov. 26.

Prosecutors claim Taylor, 34, found the Surry County property purchased by Vick and used it as the site of "Bad Newz Kennels," a dogfighting enterprise. The Hampton man also allegedly helped purchase pit bulls and killed at least two dogs that fared poorly in test fights.

Taylor's lawyer, Stephen Ashton Hudgins of Newport News, did not immediately return a phone message, and federal prosecutors have declined to talk about the case.

An 18-page indictment issued July 17 charged the four men with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities, and conspiring to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. The maximum punishment is five years in prison and fines of up to $250,000.

According to the indictment, the dogfighting ring executed underperforming dogs by drowning, hanging and other brutal means. It alleges that the fights offered purses as high as $26,000.

The gruesome details outlined in the indictment have fueled protests and public outrage against Vick, the star quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has banned Vick from the Falcons' training camp while the league investigates.

Charged along with Vick and Taylor are Purnell A. Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, and Quanis L. Phillips, 28, of Atlanta.

All four remain free without bond. When U.S. Magistrate Dennis Dohnal set the conditions for their release Thursday, he commended Taylor for admitting to using illegal drugs despite never being convicted of a drug offense. He ordered periodic drug testing for Taylor.

Peace and Phillips each have drug convictions and were ordered to submit to testing, as well as an electronic monitoring program. Taylor was spared the electronic monitoring.

Neither drug testing nor monitoring were ordered for Vick.
------------------------------------------------------------

Shudda spoke up a bit quicker, Vick!
;)

Jadapit
07-28-2007, 01:10 PM
I bet you anything Taylor "sings" like a canary about Vick. BAD NEWZ for you Vick. :p

Do you suppose Vick is still thinking "everybody gonna love me?" ;)

Reachoutrescue
07-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I pray Taylor squels like a pig. I can't believe Vick pleaded "Not Guilty". Is he crazy!? If only I had five minutes alone with him. What a time I would have!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM

Vick co-defendant pleads guilty to dogfighting ...

Taylor, 34, says he wasn't promised lighter sentence in exchange for plea.

By the Associated Press via MSNBC.com
RICHMOND, Va. - One of Michael Vick’s (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20035354/#) co-defendants pleaded guilty Monday to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges in a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Tony Taylor, 34, who will be sentenced Dec. 14, said he was not promised any specific sentence in return for his cooperation with the government.

Taylor faces a maximum of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but likely will get less under federal sentencing guidelines. The guideline range will be determined by court officials, and U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson can depart from that range if he finds aggravating or mitigating circumstances.
------------------------------------------

I'll bet he Luvz ya, Mickey! ;)

Can ya Feel the Love?

Cinder & Smoke
07-30-2007, 02:13 PM
:rolleyes:

'Hopefully I'll see y'all again,' Vick tells fans ...

QB gives first interview since being indicted for dogfighting on July 17

Monday, July 30, 2007

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20039188/from/RS.1/#), fighting felony dogfighting charges, thanked the fans who have stuck by his side during the legal ordeal in a radio interview on WVEE-FM Monday, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

"Hopefully I'll see y'all again," Vick said in a taped interview with host Porsche Foxx, who added that she was advised by Vick's legal team not to ask questions about his case. "It remains to be seen, but that's what I'm working on...

Read the rest of the story on MSNBC.com >>>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20039188/from/RS.1/

RICHARD
07-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Dear Mike,

My mom has a joke about crime and criminals.

It goes, "If you are going to do something illegal, It's best to do it alone."

SUCKER!

joycenalex
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
what a schmuck vick is. and i hope the fed pen is equally bad for him. this is from cnn....Vick is really between a rock and a hard place here, because most dogfighting cases end in plea bargains that keep the defendants out of jail, they get them probation. And in normal circumstances certainly I would imagine Vick's lawyers would be looking for that kind of deal.

However Vick is not just concerned about his criminal exposure, he has to deal with his football career. How can he plead guilty and preserve his football career? Does he go to trial in a case that's going to be probably very difficult to defend? Or does he plea and try to salvage some kind of football career? Or does he go to trial and get convicted and have the worst of all possibilities?
and the cries of dog killer every time he suits up.....

cassiesmom
07-31-2007, 11:22 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/cartoon/2007-07/31550808.jpg

lizbud
08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
It's time to buy some new chew toys for my dogs. :)

http://www.vickdogchewtoy.com/

lizbud
08-07-2007, 07:04 PM
SCLC will not honor VICK this year as planned. No honor for Vick sounds
right to me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=6524422&storyNumber=2&MSNHPHMA

joycenalex
08-08-2007, 05:37 AM
this is from fox sports, and is my cut and pasting. as i read the article it seems to me that there is a quiet out of sight battle for support. it seems, also, that vicks and his defense team are doing everything they can, and it's not working all that well. ...There is no award, there is no honor for Mike Vick," SCLC spokesman David Stokes said"... "SCLC President Charles Steele said...The SCLC had reached out to Vick through his mother to invite him to the convention. The group was told he cannot travel outside of Virginia, where he has pleaded not guilty to charges of sponsoring a dogfighting operation....Steele had said his group was "in support of Michael as a human being. ... Right now, he's feeling discarded, ostracized by people who are rushing to judgment. It's our responsibility to save him."

"State Rep. Tyrone Brooks of Atlanta, once an aide to Martin Luther King Jr. in the SCLC, said he told Steele last week that the Vick case was a distraction...."I just don't think it should be discussed at the convention or as part of the black agenda," Brooks said when reached on his cell phone Tuesday. "I'm not trying to make it an issue. I just don't think it ought to be out there."...Instead, Brooks said, the SCLC should concentrate on such issues as violence and the incarceration of young black people across the country...."To talk about a superstar athlete who's got millions and millions in the bank, with the resources available to put together a defense team ... we're mixing up our priorities to the extent that it causes confusion," he said....end quotes here

confusion indeed. SCLC does have more things and better things to do, in my opinion as a previous financial supporter

Cinder & Smoke
08-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Wonder when he'll catch on? :confused:

Two Vick co-defendants set for plea agreements
Peace, Phillips to appear in court this week in federal dogfighting case ...

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Sources/sourceAP.gif Updated: 6:33 p.m. ET Aug. 13, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. - The two remaining co-defendants in Michael Vick’s federal dogfighting case on Monday scheduled hearings to enter plea agreements.

Purnell Peace is set to appear in federal court in Richmond on Thursday and Quanis Phillips on Friday.

Last month, another original co-defendant, Tony Taylor, pleaded guilty to his role in a dogfighting conspiracy he says was financed almost entirely by the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

Rest of the Story at >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20253462/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20253462/)

Cinder & Smoke
08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
:rolleyes:

Vick contemplating plea deal, report says ...

MSNBC News Services on Monday, August 13, 2007

With the two remaining co-defendants in Michael Vick’s federal dogfighting case scheduling hearings to enter plea agreements, the controversial Atlanta Falcons quarterback reportedly was weighing his options Monday concerning a plea bargain.
Two of Vick's attorneys, Larry Woodward and Billy Martin, met with federal prosecutor Michael Gill and the investigators on Monday afternoon, ESPN reported Monday. The attorneys planned to speak with the quarterback in the evening to see what direction he wants to go in, ESPN reported.

A source close to the investigation told ESPN that Vick has until Friday to make up his mind whether to accept a plea agreement. Otherwise a superseding indictment will be filed and Vick will face at least two more federal dogfighting charges.

Lady's Human
08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Hmmmm, how about $100 million in donations to animal welfare groups and a year in jail for every dog corpse found on his property?

That sound like a fair plea deal?

RICHARD
08-14-2007, 02:49 AM
A real friend will help you bury the body.

Then rat you out for a lesser sentence! :o

joycenalex
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
What's next? Can it get any worse for Vick?
Yes, it could get worse in a hurry. The federal prosecutors in Richmond are preparing a new set of charges, known in legal terms as a superseding indictment. The new charges could come any day. The new charges might include a racketeering allegation under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (known as RICO). RICO originally was designed as a weapon against organized-crime hoodlums but has been used frequently in other prosecutions. A charge under RICO would make Vick's situation significantly worse. It would make the government's case against him easier to prove, and it would increase the prison sentence Vick would face if convicted.
hurray!(mine, not from espn)

lizbud
08-14-2007, 04:32 PM
What's next? Can it get any worse for Vick?
Yes, it could get worse in a hurry. The federal prosecutors in Richmond are preparing a new set of charges, known in legal terms as a superseding indictment. The new charges could come any day. The new charges might include a racketeering allegation under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (known as RICO). RICO originally was designed as a weapon against organized-crime hoodlums but has been used frequently in other prosecutions. A charge under RICO would make Vick's situation significantly worse. It would make the government's case against him easier to prove, and it would increase the prison sentence Vick would face if convicted.
hurray!

This was hinted at from the beginning & I'm so glad these investigaters
managed to amass so much damaging evidence in this case.Most dogfighters
hide in the shadows of society, but this Vick case was so blatant. :mad:

RICHARD
08-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Just In....

Vick's looking for a deal - Guilty and one year in the pokey.

Now I want to hear all the 'pundits' talk about his innocence.

Wah, Wah, Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Just In....
Vick's looking for a deal - Guilty and one year in the pokey.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif
I can't find this report on the news sites.

A ONE year sentence means he can slip out in about 3 or 4 MONTHS -
not nearly enough Time in the Pokey for what he's done! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

I'd sure HOPE the Feds hold out for MORE Pokey Time, some really BIG $$$s,
and that he plead guilty to the FELONY charges.

Now, tell us one more time, Mikey, how "innocent" you are. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

GO, US Attorneys!!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

RICHARD
08-14-2007, 07:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2972161

dukedogsmom
08-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Got this in an email. Was entitled "Good Dog!"
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/vickdog.jpg

lizbud
08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif
I can't find this report on the news sites.

A ONE year sentence means he can slip out in about 3 or 4 MONTHS -
not nearly enough Time in the Pokey for what he's done! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

I'd sure HOPE the Feds hold out for MORE Pokey Time, some really BIG $$$s,
and that he plead guilty to the FELONY charges.

Now, tell us one more time, Mikey, how "innocent" you are. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

GO, US Attorneys!!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I hope Vick doesn't cave for a plea. He'll get buried at trial. :mad:

One lousy year is not nearly enough for this scumbag.

Cinder & Smoke
08-17-2007, 08:43 PM

Hey Mikey ~~ Did'ja read THIS?

"Vick's problems don't end with the federal case.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper reported that Virginia state
officials plan to prosecute the star for animal cruelty and dogfighting.

"The execution of these animals — and the manner in which they were executed — is startlingly offensive and demanding of prosecution," Virginia Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter said."

Above from MSNBC.com / Associated Press on 8/17/2007
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20253462/

And if the Feds follow through on their rumored addition of Federal Racketeering charges;
ole Mikey may be be looking at 20 years in the slammer!

WOOF! ;)

Grace
08-17-2007, 10:20 PM
From the WSBTV -

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Humane Society said they are receiving donations from across the country -- and you’ll never guess what people are sending.

More than a dozen Michael Vick jerseys have been sent to AHS, and they are putting them to good use.

“When I first saw them, I was kind of shocked. I was like, ‘Why do they have Vick jerseys here,’ said Julie Sentner.

Vick is innocent until proven guilty, but his association when men pleading guilty to federal dog fighting charges makes the number 7 jersey an unexpected find at the Atlanta Humane Society.
“At first we were like, ‘I wonder what we’re going to use this for,” said P.J. Smith with AHS.

And the jerseys kept coming. About a dozen or so jerseys were sent from people wanting to make good from a bad situation. In fact, the Humane Society is getting flooded with e-mails about Vick.

So what are volunteers doing with the jerseys?

“We discovered like any donation we get, any shirt or towel, we put it to good use here at Atlanta Humane Society. We’re always using things to clean kennels, use for bedding and stuff like that,” said Smith.
Did she say cleaning kennels?

“We’re not showing any favoritism to these jerseys, they go into our general rotation of towels,” Smith said.

One dog is using his Vick jersey as a pillow.

“As long as they’re being used for good, then that’s great. If they’re using them to make dogs more comfortable or to clean up after them, then that’s fine,” said Sentner.

Of course, the Vick jerseys being donated mean a lot more to the people than to the puppies -- they’re just loving all the attention.

elizabethann
08-20-2007, 02:09 PM
This just in from CNN:
-- NFL star Michael Vick will plead guilty to federal conspiracy charges involving illegal dogfighting, one of his attorneys confirms to CNN.

RICHARD
08-20-2007, 02:19 PM
buh bye!

pitc9
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Na Na Na Naaa
Na Na Na Naaaaa
Hey Jack A$$ Goodbye!!

RICHARD
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I just got it....

Chris Rock can play him in the movie.

A quote from his high school coach-
"I don't worry about MV on the field, I worry about him when he closes the door."

A quote from MV about three things people do not know about him....

"One, I love animals....."

smokey the elder
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
I had a feeling that weasel (with apologies to ferret fans! ;) ) would cop a plea.

joycenalex
08-20-2007, 03:51 PM
....from espn....Michael Vick's lawyer said Monday the NFL star will plead guilty to charges relating to a federal dogfighting case, putting the Atlanta Falcons quarterback's career in jeopardy and leaving him subject to a prison term.

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, although federal sentencing guidelines most likely would call for less.

Prosecutors, who were seeking a prison term of 12 to 18 months, have yet to formally agree to the plea, a source told ESPN's Kelly Naqi.

"After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him," lead defense attorney Billy Martin said in a statement.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Vick is charged with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.
i left work happy today, 3 co-workers came up to me to tell me this... :D

lizbud
08-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Quote from the article........

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Does that include the dogs he personally killed ? What about the ones only
scared for life?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

RICHARD
08-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Quote from the article........

Does that include the dogs he personally killed ? What about the ones only
scared for life?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Probably not, During the news they discussed the what he has to admit to- the only things that he has to say "yes" to are the federal charges he's getting hung for.

---------

Ray Buchanan got on ESPN and gave his POV-What a friggin moron!

joycenalex
08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
this guy?...from wikipedia... Raymond Louis Buchanan (born September 29, 1971 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American football player, currently a free agent in the NFL. He plays the defensive back position. He graduated from the University of Louisville. He was drafted in 1993 by the Indianapolis Colts in the 3rd round (65th overall). He has also played for the Atlanta Falcons and the Oakland Raiders. He was arrested in Miami on February 1, 2007 on three counts of writing checks without sufficient funds from Nevada
bad checks are the same as dog fighting? and was he the only one at espn with good clothes on for an interview on tv?

RICHARD
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
He was arrested in Miami on February 1, 2007 on three counts of writing checks without sufficient funds from Nevada
bad checks are the same as dog fighting? and was he the only one at espn with good clothes on for an interview on tv?

LOL,

NO, He was a teammate of Vick's.
He did the interview over the phone.

He alluded to other NFL stars who were involved/associated with DFs-He said that other players had been 'caught' in some kind of investigation but were never charged. He claims that MV was used as a scapegoat.

ESPN is re running the afternoon's coverage.

Buchanan should keep his mouth shut-he's the poster boy for people who go to school, college, mind you, and still cannot speak "good english" or formulate a clear concise thought.

cassiesmom
08-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Vick has pleaded guilty - will that make Nike and his other corporate endorsements disappear, too?

RICHARD
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
NIKE and everyone else with a contract with Vick will probably (quietly) cancel
all contracts with him.

-----------------------

Holy Smokes,

Most of the announcers/ex-players are real idiots.

Keyshaun Johnson (Who thinks up these names?) said that Vick will not get the medical help he needs in jail.

ratdogg
08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
i wonder if anyone remembers clinton portis' ridiculous comments..

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog," Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis told WAVY-TV in Virginia. "If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business."

adios vick!

Catty1
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Posted by RICHARD
Keyshaun Johnson (Who thinks up these names?) said that Vick will not get the medical help he needs in jail.

Heck, there's more and more of the mobile Spay-Neuter clinics all the time! :D

RICHARD
08-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Another stupid athlete?

Stephon Marbury gave an interview to some sports writers.....

Paraphrasing here...... 'We kill animals to eat them....'

Another college educated moron with no common sense. :eek:

Lady's Human
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
You're calling someone who went to college on an athletic scholarship college educated? (Okay, I know there are exceptions, but the Bob Hope All American skit sticks in my mind........I play football. Football is my life. If it were not for football, I would not be playing football today.)

RICHARD
08-21-2007, 04:58 PM
You're calling someone who went to college on an athletic scholarship college educated? (Okay, I know there are exceptions, but the Bob Hope All American skit sticks in my mind........I play football. Football is my life. If it were not for football, I would not be playing football today.)

Okay, you busted me,

I just went to a community college and played a little volleyball.... :eek: :confused:

lbaker
08-21-2007, 06:12 PM
To paraphrase SNL skit (I think) "futball bin beddy beddy gud to me"

RICHARD
08-21-2007, 06:36 PM
To paraphrase SNL skit (I think) "futball bin beddy beddy gud to me"

Laurie! :eek: :D

That's Chico Escuela (Little School) played by Garret Morris!

"Beisbol been bery, bery gud to me!

cassiesmom
08-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Lady's Human, have you seen the bit by comedian Bob Nelson acting out a football team being introduced? It's on YouTube. I think it's hysterical but just to warn you, if it were a movie it would probably get NC-13 because of language and a couple of the characters he acts out.

ratdogg
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
that made me laugh. :)

joycenalex
08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
another schmuck weighs in...from yahoo sports....Marbury defends Michael Vick, calls dogfighting a sport

August 22, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down," Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation
sometimes it seems the morons are winning

pitc9
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
That is so #*&($ STUPID!!!!
OMG!
Comparing dog fighting to hunting!!!!
What an ASS!!!!!!! :mad:

RICHARD
08-23-2007, 12:51 PM
The thing that really makes me laugh is the 'culture' defense.

Many idiots have stated that the reason that Vick thinks DFing is "O.K." is the fact that he was raised poor and it was common in poor areas.

Instead of going after the AHs that promote the fights, the idiots use that as an excuse.

Also, why isn't the black community upset at those comments? Portraying poor black neighborhoods as hot zones for DFing is really stupid and offensive.

------------------

Now that I think about it, you can use that defense for any famous, infamous and unknown person who commits a crime.

Just like the "twinkie defense" from the Milk assasination in San Francisco.

-------------

I guess Steve Martin said in best in "The Jerk".

"I was born a poor, black child." :confused:

Lady's Human
08-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Marbury's just another spoiled overpaid been handed everything on a platter and never been told no since someone found out he had talent jackass.

Dance, monkey, dance. (And no, there is nothing racial intended about that comment) Don't need to hear ya, we just want to watch you.

BTW, Marbury, if you're a part of dogfighting, I'd step away. Quickly. Never know what the plea agreements are going to say.

lbaker
08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Vick did not "fall into" a bad situation, he mucked about willingly, with both feet and encouraged others to do the same - not just one foolish time but over and over and over. If he would have gotten away with it with just a slap HE would be the moron that would have won :mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Meanwhile they say the dogs on his property will have to be put down because they would be unadoptable because they are trained to fight. :(

RICHARD
08-23-2007, 05:46 PM
LOL,

Stephon Marbury recanted his statements from a few days ago....
"Vick is 100% wrong."

FREAKING MORON!

slick
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
OK, don't shoot the messenger.
I'm just posting this for lbaker......... :o
I can't be bothered uploading it to imagestation so here it is as an attachment.

Cinder & Smoke
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/mad.gif

Vick's plea won't include killing dogs, gambling

QB reportedly to admit guilt to interstate commerce in dogfighting case

Via: MSNBC staff and news service reports
When Michael Vick (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20417707/#) pleads guilty to dogfighting charges on Monday, he reportedly won't admit any guilt to killing dogs or gambling on dogfighting as detailed in his federal indictment, ESPN reported Thursday.
Instead, the ex-Atlanta Falcons quarterback will admit to one count of interstate commerce for the purpose of taking dogs across state lines for dogfighting.

All three of Vick’s co-defendants have pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate in the government’s case against him, including testifying against him if the case had gone to trial in November as scheduled.

The co-defendants said Vick bankrolled virtually the entire “Bad Newz Kennels (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20417707/#)” operation in rural southeastern Virginia, including providing gambling funds, an act that could trigger a lifetime ban from the NFL under the league’s personal conduct policy.

Two of them also said Vick participated in the brutal executions of at least eight underperforming dogs.

Boy, does This Deal SUCK Big Time! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/mad.gif

Who agreed to this - and WHY?

Let's slap his wrist and had him back his footsyball!

American JUSTICE ?
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/mad.gif

/s/ http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred

Lady's Human
08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Phred, it might have something to do with the VA da going forward with their case.

elizabethann
08-24-2007, 07:10 AM
That cartoon is funny.

I feel bad for the dogs that are being put to sleep. But I would be very afraid to adopt them out to anybody under the conditions they were living in.

Vick is a pig and if he continues to play pro ball, the NFL is just as guilty as he is.

:mad:

columbine
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Chomped in effigy! (http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2007/08/24/vick_cards_chewed_by_dogs_are_on_ebay/)

Ebayer selling dog-chewed Vick football cards for big bucks to be donated to the winner's choice of humane society! Click on the link for article with cute photo of Weimaraner chewing a card.

Love, Columbine

Cataholic
08-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Frankly, the NAACP lost what teeny, tiny shred of respect that they had, when they backed, and continue to back, Vick.

This is racially motivated? The ONLY thing this is is inhumane, and that cuts across all racial lines.

If I were AA, I would be ashamed of anyone claiming this was cultural, racial, etc.

elizabethann
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Latest from CNN.com:

-- Michael Vick admits funding a dogfighting operation and that "collective efforts" by him and two others caused the deaths of at least six dogs, his plea agreement states.

Jessika
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
The link in the original post "can not be found" :(

cassiesmom
08-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Chomped in effigy! (http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2007/08/24/vick_cards_chewed_by_dogs_are_on_ebay/)

Ebayer selling dog-chewed Vick football cards for big bucks to be donated to the winner's choice of humane society! Click on the link for article with cute photo of Weimaraner chewing a card.

Love, Columbine

Right on! What a pretty dog!

lizbud
08-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Frankly, the NAACP lost what teeny, tiny shred of respect that they had, when they backed, and continue to back, Vick.

This is racially motivated? The ONLY thing this is is inhumane, and that cuts across all racial lines.

If I were AA, I would be ashamed of anyone claiming this was cultural, racial, etc.

I agree totally. The NAACP has outlived it's usefullness, if this Vick dog
fighting case is the only case they can find to champion. There are tons
of other issues they could be working to promote & things that need to be
changed, but supporting this lying piece of crap is not one of them. :mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Let's slap his wrist and had him back his footsyball
That's it exactly! Don't want to kill the cash man cow!!! :rolleyes: :D

JenBKR
08-24-2007, 02:53 PM

Whoa....I didn't hear that the NAACP was backing Vick! I admit I haven't been keeping up with this thread the whole, so maybe I missed that somewhere. I was already sick about what was going on.....but for the NAACP to back him?? Racially motivated?? Do they really have nothing else better to do with their time??

joycenalex
08-24-2007, 05:01 PM
from nfl.com, today .... Vick suspended indefinitely

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."

» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."

» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."

joycenalex
08-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Phred, it might have something to do with the VA da going forward with their case.
from lester munson at espn.com,The local prosecutor in Surry County, Va., where Vick built his dogfighting compound, says he will now take action against Vick. What can he do to Vick that the federal authorities haven't already done?

Gerald Poindexter, the local prosecutor, can huff and puff and seek attention, but that's about it. Vick need not worry much about Poindexter. The federal authorities have the seven witnesses, the financial records, the e-mails and all the other evidence. Poindexter can charge Vick with dogfighting under a Virginia law that makes it a felony, but any punishment the player might serve on that charge would be done at the same time Vick is serving his federal sentence. Poindexter appears to be a bit embarrassed that the feds took over an investigation that he had started, and so whatever action he ultimately takes might be motivated, at least in part, by a desire to save face.

Lady's Human
08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
The prison sentences would have to be served concurrently, but if the VA prosecutor can get jail time over and above that brought by the federal court system he would have to serve that time out. (for example, Vick gets 12 months from the feds in his plea deal, but gets convicted by VA and gets a term of 36 months, he still has 24 months to serve on his state conviction when released from fed prison)

joycenalex
08-24-2007, 05:29 PM
so LH is this specific mention from the nfl a hint to the Va DA to go for 24-48 months? this would keep vick from coming back to the NFL any time soon?

Lady's Human
08-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Regardless of what the VA DA does, I doubt you'll be seeing Vick in an NFL uni anytime soon, probably never again.

sasvermont
08-24-2007, 05:44 PM
link (http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/sports/usvick82407sof.html) :rolleyes:

This statement of facts makes me ill. I hope they get all the folks involved in this mess. I feel so sick to my stomach. What pond scum.

lizbud
08-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Interesting article from the sports world. seems this plea is open to
interpretation depending on who reads it.Vick's lawyers tryed to distance
Vick from the gambling charges which could bring a 5yr sentence in federal
prison & get a lifetime ban from the NFL.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/george_dohrmann/08/24/vick.plea/index.html

Lady's Human
08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Goodell's letter to Vick.....

I don't think this piece of pond scum will be back.....

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/070824/michaelvickletter.pdf

Cinder & Smoke
08-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Good letter, Mr. Goodell!

;)

Jessika
08-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Goodell's letter to Vick.....

I don't think this piece of pond scum will be back.....

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/070824/michaelvickletter.pdf
/cheer!!!

cyber-sibes
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Been following along on this.... that letter shows that someone in authority actually has a heart for animals. Yeah!

I was appalled when I heard that some people were actually claiming Vick's conduct was because in the culture he grew up in, dogfighting is acceptable. :mad: If so, then shame on everyone he grew up with. Disgusting.

Karen
08-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Been following along on this.... that letter shows that someone in authority actually has a heart for animals. Yeah!

I was appalled when I heard that some people were actually claiming Vick's conduct was because in the culture he grew up in, dogfighting is acceptable. :mad: If so, then shame on everyone he grew up with. Disgusting.

Actually, his father tried to talk him out of dog-fighting years ago, allegedly.

I am glad the NFL has suspended him "indefinitely" and that his team may be able to get some of the money back.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/24/michael.vick/index.html

Lady's Human
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
That's not quite what Vick's father said.......

Michael Vick's father said he pushed his son to quit dogfighting years ago or, at least, put property used for the fights in the name of friends to avoid being implicated some day.

Story about Vick's dad (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/23/vickdad_0824.html?imw=Y)

kb2yjx
08-25-2007, 07:56 AM
I am wondering if he was into dog fighting when he played college football. Whatever happens to him, he still has a much HIGHER AUTHORITY to answer to...and I think that will be far worse punishment for eternity. Just look at his eyes, no soul shows, just like the nurse Cullen that killed people at the hospital where I work. Once a psychopath, always a psychopath...

lizbud
08-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I was trying to think of something good that could come out of this Vick
case & there are some. One big positive is the public exposure of dogfighting
in this country. It does exist & it needs to be exposed & eradicated wherever
it is found. An article from the Washington Post about this cruel "sport".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/21/AR2007082101997.html

moosmom
08-25-2007, 11:49 AM
I read in the paper that Nike has dropped Vicks. The NFL has suspended him without pay and are taking this thing very seriously. I hope he gets the book thrown at him!!! :mad:

cyber-sibes
08-25-2007, 12:30 PM
One big positive is the public exposure of dogfighting
in this country. I've been following this story along, avoiding reading anything too graphic. But I just watched a report on Fox interiviewing the guy from the ASPCA re: dog fighting. That's exactly what he said, too. They also showed film of dogs fighting, and some grisly stills. How anyone can consider that a sport is beyond me. :eek:

The interviewer asked "On a scale of 1-10, how bad would you say the Vick situation was?" and he answered "10." He said that the Vick case had an extra degree of sadism (because of how the dogs were killed) far beyond what is already a grisly practice. I wanted to puke when he talked in detail about how these poor dogs were killed. :( :( :(

He also said that dogfighting is becoming more widespread in urban gangs.

RICHARD
08-25-2007, 01:18 PM
NIKE terminated Vick's contract saying something like "we do not condone the mistreatment of animals".

They should have added, "But paying poor people one dollar a day to make our shoes is perfectly OK".

-----------

DMX is in trouble, DMX is in trouble.

Anoter AH turned into the authorities. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-25-2007, 01:47 PM
He also said that dogfighting is becoming more widespread in urban gangs.
Yea, because jerks like him who some people look up to, promote it. :(

phesina
08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
What medical help does he need? To be neutered? To be lobotomized?

Too bad they won't do to him what he did to those dogs that didn't perform up (or down) to his standards.

RICHARD
08-26-2007, 12:43 AM
What medical help does he need? To be neutered? To be lobotomized?

Too bad they won't do to him what he did to those dogs that didn't perform up (or down) to his standards.

Don't ask me!

That's what THAT fool said! :eek:

crow_noir
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I wish more people would realize that. That this case is doing some good. It's about a lot more than just Vick.

Good for you for looking on the bright side of life. :)

I was trying to think of something good that could come out of this Vick case & there are some. One big positive is the public exposure of dogfighting in this country. It does exist & it needs to be exposed & eradicated wherever it is found. An article from the Washington Post about this cruel "sport".

cassiesmom
08-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Lizbud, that is so true and I wish the issue of dogfighting was getting even more media time than it is. I heard on the news this morning that Michael Vick will be appearing in court to enter a plea but it is just a formality to set a date for a sentencing hearing. And that he is on indefinite suspension by the NFL. I wonder if this will send his football career down the tubes. He'll probably make another fortune off of endorsements like Michael Jordan did.

pitc9
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13980417/detail.html

"I take full responsibility for my actions,"

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting charge and awaited a Dec. 10 sentencing date that could send the NFL star to prison.

Moments later he spoke publicly about his case for the first time.

"I take full responsibility for my actions," Vick said during a news conference. "I'm totally responsible. Those things just didn't need to happen."

Saying that he was speaking "from the heart," the suspended quarterback apologized for being dishonest about his role in the dogfighting case with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Falcons owner Arthur Blank and his Falcons teammates.

He also apologized to his young fans around the world, saying that he hopes all of the children who viewed him as a role model will use him as an example of how to use better judgement and make better decisions.

The suspended quarterback admitted he needed "to grow up" and is ready to use his time off from football to better himself.

"In a sense it will help me as a person," Vick said. "I've got a lot to think about over the next year or so."

In the court room earlier, Vick's plea was accepted by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who asked: "Are you entering the plea of guilty to a conspiracy charge because you are in fact guilty?"

Vick replied, "Yes, sir."

Hudson emphasized he is not bound by sentencing guidelines and can impose the maximum sentence of up to five years in prison. The judge told the suspended passer that he was taking his chances and that he'll have to live with whatever decision he makes.

In Vick's written plea agreement filed in federal court Friday, he admitted helping kill six to eight pit bulls and supplying money for gambling on the fights. He said he did not personally place any bets or share in any winnings.

The plea agreement calls for a sentencing range of 12 to 18 months. But Hudson could sentence Vick to as much as five years in prison.

With Vick's sentencing date pending, the Atlanta Falcons commented on their team's situation Monday.

Blank said the team will not yet cut Vick from its roster, that it wasn't in the best interest of the franchise. But the team will discuss its options, and it will pursue getting repaid for bonuses that were given to Vick.

The owner's main focus was moving forward.

"I recognize this situation has tarnished our team," Blank said. "We cannot undo what is done. But we can recover from this."

The NFL on Friday suspended him indefinitely.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Vick's behavior was illegal, cruel and reprehensible, and violated his contract.

"Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player," Goodell said in a statement.

It's good that he admits his guilt now and says he's sorry to the little kids that looked up to him.. blah blah... but he never said he was sorry for killing those dogs or for sending countless dogs to their death in the pit. :mad:

RICHARD
08-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Already there are cases in the news where DFing rings are being busted up.
A few days ago there was a story in the news about these guys use kittens to get the dogs to fight.

If DFing was underground before, it's going to the core of the earth now.

--------------

I gots the feeling that there are going to be a few more famous casualties in this war against animal abuse.

-------------

Just a little side thought.

Lately there is a commercial about drunk drivers that is getting heavy airplay.

It shows a drunk in a car and he's up to his neck in booze. When he gets pulled over by a cop he rolls down the window and the booze pours out.

With the news that there will be public service announcements about animal abuse-how effective will they be when Hollywood skanks get a slap on the wrist and if the Vickster gets the same?

----------

Thank goodness that he found Jesus, too.

It's great how the Big Man steps in when we need him, AFTER THE FACT!

Jessika
08-27-2007, 01:16 PM
http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah6563.shtml

Jamie Foxx SUPPORTS Vick's dog fighting (or supports it by giving him excuses for his behavior) by basically stating

It’s a cultural thing, I think,” Jamie said. “Most brothers didn’t know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn’t know that was Fed time. So, mike probably just didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star."

UMMMMM WHAT?!?!

Since when is cruelty to animals a CULTURAL thing?!?!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

cyber-sibes
08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
giving him excuses for his behavior
I was appalled when I heard that some people were actually claiming Vick's conduct was because in the culture he grew up in, dogfighting is acceptable. :mad: If so, then shame on everyone he grew up with. Disgusting.Like I said before.

Catty1
08-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I am sure many many members of the black community would NOT want to be lumped into the same 'culture' as Vick and these other 'social commentators'...sheesh...

joycenalex
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]...If DFing was underground before, it's going to the core of the earth now......
and may those flames be very very hot

lizbud
08-27-2007, 05:14 PM
It strange how convicted felons get religion once the hammer drops. :rolleyes: I was very disappointed that the Falcons said they want
to wait & see about having to cut him from the team. That should have been
their first move on conviction.

RICHARD
08-27-2007, 05:40 PM
It strange how convicted felons get religion once the hammer drops. :rolleyes: I was very disappointed that the Falcons said they want
to wait & see about having to cut him from the team. That should have been
their first move on conviction.

If they cancel the contract they have no way to get the money back from the contract that Vick will default on because of the case.

If Vick don't play, he violates his part of the deal.

-----------------

This thought comes from a letter I say in the local fishwrap.

Let vick play!

Any "underperformance" by Vick in a game will be dealt with in the same manner he treated those dogs.

lizbud
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I liked what this guy had to say about muzzling Vick & his view of Vick's
use of the word immature as an excuse for his behavior.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ratdogg
08-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I am sad about this whole situation. I think it is sad that Michael Vick let down so many people. From my understanding, after becomming filthy rich he stayed in touch with his old friends from a bad area and they were the ones running the dog fighting ring. If thats how it happened, i'm disappointed he wasn't able to know right from wrong.

I'm sad that a professional NFL athlete is once again being sent to prison. It makes the league look bad. I'm sad dogs are used like this. I know for sure there are amateur dog fights every night in this country. Not all sponsored by millionaires, but definitely small ones run by small time street gangs. Its a shame.

dukedogsmom
08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.ceosmack.com/2007/08/27/arthur-blank-says-he-cant-cut-michael-vick-until-he-pays-back-22-million-bonus/

It's all about the Benjamin's, don't you know?

RICHARD
08-28-2007, 02:53 AM
http://www.ceosmack.com/2007/08/27/arthur-blank-says-he-cant-cut-michael-vick-until-he-pays-back-22-million-bonus/

It's all about the Benjamin's, don't you know?

You have to remember that Blank invested more than 100 mil on Vick.

This sounds stupid but a contract is a promise that you will perform a service for the person that invests in you.

Vick signed a contract saying that he would play for the Falcons for the time of the contract. There are conditions in that contract that he must abide by.

For example.

You get a contractor to roof your house and pay him a deposit.

Your roof is stripped and he splits without finishing the job.

Football isn't a roofing job, but you do expect a contract to be honored.

Dead president run the world! :eek:
----------------

Stephen A. Smith, a sports writer who is black, made a comment about how Vick will get screwed because he is being tried in Virginia....

When another commentator asked him is his comments were race based, he said, "Yes."

Then he said he never mentioned race.

------------

If you listen to more than the 'news' you'll see that Vick's dad told him to cool it, then suggested if he was to continue, that he get a property in someone else's name to deflect any blame should his DFing be found out.
Also there are reports that when he was still in college, his goal was to get a place where he could raise and fight dogs.

All this was reported on ESPN radio.

cassiesmom
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/cartoon/2007-08/32036845.jpg

lizbud
08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I liked this editorial comment on Vick too.

How about never?

August 28, 2007

The National Football League has seen its share of bad behavior over the years. Paul Hornung and Alex Karras were suspended in 1963 for betting on games. Rae Carruth was found guilty in 2001 of conspiring to kill his girlfriend.

Tank Johnson's former neighbors in Gurnee have had more peace since the one-time Chicago Bear pleaded guilty to a weapons charge. Police raided his home and took two assault-style rifles, a .50-caliber handgun, three other guns and more than 500 rounds of ammunition.

O.J. Simpson, well, let's just note that he was retired from the NFL long before he took to racing Ford Broncos on California freeways.

And now there's Michael Vick, the Atlanta Falcons quarterback who formally pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge. Vick apologized on Monday ... for everything and anything, it seemed. "First I want to apologize for all the things that I've done and that I have allowed to happen," he said.

Pretty sweeping, as mea culpas go. So maybe that was intended to cover the time last year when he gave the hometown Atlanta fans the finger when they booed him. Maybe it included the mysterious water bottle with a hidden compartment that was taken from Vick at Miami International Airport in January. They could fall under "all the things ..."

Aside from the vile operation of a dogfighting business, the thing that might come back to haunt Vick the most is that he lied when NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell asked him in April if there were any truth to the allegations. No, he told Goodell. "I love dogs." Now he admits that he lied to Goodell.

Vick faces 1 to 5 years in prison. He will be sentenced on Dec. 10. Already there is speculation about when he might return to professional football. How about never?

RICHARD
08-28-2007, 01:43 PM
I think his apology was heartfelt.

Bull crap.

Are sports reporters that stupid to believe that Vick's apology sans scripted words was heartfelt?

He lied to the NFL commish, Falcon's owner and the court without a script, so what makes you think he was telling the truth this time?

For me, the only difference between a 'scripted' and 'heartfelt' apology is I'd need the my glasses to read the BS that I wrote down.

I'll start to believe his sorry arse when I hear he has donated some time to a shelter, a few bucks and shows up in church-without a camera crew in tow, and even then I'd have a hard time swallowing that.

--------------------

Charles Barkley, former NBA player and current announcer for the Turner Network did criticize Vick for his problems.

Kudos to the "Round Mound of Rebound" - Usually he is on the side of the athletes and always has had a barbed tongue. I never liked him before, but now I have to say that I admire him for his stance on Vick!

kb2yjx
08-28-2007, 02:13 PM
When I saw Vick give his statement, I could not get over how flat his affect was!!! No emotion at all!!! Eyes empty!!! Words empty!!! You tend to notice things like this after you have worked on a psyck unit....

Jadapit
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
I think the only reason the bastard is sorry is because he got caught.

cyber-sibes
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
I think the only reason the bastard is sorry is because he got caught.I agree!

cassiesmom
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I hope he never plays football again. I think he should do a MASSIVE amount of community service working with animal shelters and give an equally massive donation to a good dog rescue program. Just like Tank Johnson he tried to hide behind the "I'm young and I can't handle my wealth and fame" defense.

Edited to add: I just had a thought - I vote we have him neutered. With no anesthesia.

RICHARD
08-28-2007, 04:22 PM
MV cancelled a talk show appearance today.

His handlers thought that it was a bad idea.

---------

On another sports talk show it was suggested that MV should get on the Oprah show, "sit on the couch, cry and ask for forgiveness".

Wanna bet that it comes to pass?

pitc9
08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I think the only reason the bastard is sorry is because he got caught.

I agree 100%!!

I want to hear him say "I'm sorry for killing those dogs and sending countless others to their death in the fighting pit"

But that will never happen because the low life worthless piece of CRAP isn't sorry and if he knew he wouldn't be caught, he'd do it again!

lizbud
08-28-2007, 04:35 PM
---------

On another sports talk show it was suggested that MV should get on the Oprah show, "sit on the couch, cry and ask for forgiveness".

Wanna bet that it comes to pass?

I wouldn't want to bet on that but, Oprah is a huge dog fan. She loves
them. Don't think she would have him as a guest.

RICHARD
08-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Notice that Vick found Jesus....

He didn't find God because God spelled backwards is...... :eek:

lbaker
08-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Heard on the news this morning that David Letterman was commenting on Leona Helmsey leaving 12 million to her dog. DL said the dog was going to use it to sponsor fights between NFL players :p

cyber-sibes
08-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Heard on the news this morning that David Letterman was commenting on Leona Helmsey leaving 12 million to her dog. DL said the dog was going to use it to sponsor fights between NFL players :pOh, good for her! Are the dogs going to kill the ones that aren't good enough?

kb2yjx
08-30-2007, 07:59 AM
In March of 2005 a complaint for damages and demand for a jury trial was filed against him for giving a woman genital herpes, which he KNEW he had but did not know how to tell her and he did not like to talk about!!!! I think I read some posts saying he should be neutered, I think a bit MORE than a neuter needs to be done!!!!

elizabethann
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Okay...so Whoopie is getting into the action:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14040573/detail.html (http://)

shais_mom
09-04-2007, 12:34 PM
what little respect I had for Goldburg just whoopied out the window.
I'm so sick of celebrities PUSHING their views down the throats of people. Alec Baldwin, Kim Bassinger, Daryl Hannah, Tom Cruise, Whoopi, Rosie. ack
disgusting.
I wonder if this will be the downfall of Whoopie's tour of duty on the view??

Jessika
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Okay...so Whoopie is getting into the action:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14040573/detail.html (http://)
UGH, you have GOT to be joking!! How can they POSSIBLY think they can justify his actions by saying its "part of his cultural upbringing"?! So you're saying if part of my cultural upbringing was being racist and having blacks as slaves, and I was caught having a black slave, that would be ok?!?!?!

lizbud
09-04-2007, 12:42 PM
UGH, you have GOT to be joking!! How can they POSSIBLY think they can justify his actions by saying its "part of his cultural upbringing"?! So you're saying if part of my cultural upbringing was being racist and having blacks as slaves, and I was caught having a black slave, that would be ok?!?!?!

The link given doesn't work for me.Did she try to excuse Vicks behavior?

elizabethann
09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
The link given doesn't work for me.Did she try to excuse Vicks behavior?

She tries to justify his behaviour. It's how Vick was brought up...that part of the country.

I hope The View's ratings plummet and they fire her a$$.