PDA

View Full Version : Sad news. Cornell's famous cat doctor dies.

CatdudeGP
04-26-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.silive.com/newsflash/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-21/117751677013430.xml&storylist=simetro

Renowned Cornell University cat veterinarian James Richards — who was injured when he crashed his motorcycle trying to avoid a cat in the road — has died, the university said Wednesday. He was 58.

catmandu
04-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Thats A Shame That That Wonderful Healer Has Passed On, And He Will Certainly Have A Huge Welcoming Commitee When He Crosses The Rainbow Bridge On This.
His One Fine Day.

kb2yjx
04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Several years ago at a cat show, I was privileged to meet Dr. Richards!!! What a wonderful person and how he LOVED cats!!!! This is a great loss to the cat community. Thank you for starting this thread. Sleep softly, Dr. Richards....I bet there were so many cats waiting for YOU at the Bridge...

Randi
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I never heard about James Richards before, but he must have been a wonderful person. So sorry to hear he died. :( He will surely have a big furry welcoming committee waiting for him. :)

Rest in Peace, James Richards.

Logan
04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't know his name, either, but if he loved and cared for cats, then I love him. I just HATE that he was on a motorcycle. I hate, hate, hate those things. :(

kb2yjx
04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Dr. Richards had a column in the Cornell Feline Institute's monthly Cat booklet(I cannot recall the name right now). There was always a photo of Dr.Richards and his " consulting colleague " Mr. Mew(a very handsome tuxedo). " Together" they wrote articles and answered questions from the readers. Dr. Mew reported about his weight loss and exams. It was funny, but got the point across. Something I have always admired in a good teacher. Both will be missed...For cats and their humans, this is a very sad day...

kt_luvs_kitties
04-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I subscribe to Catnip, it is by Cornell University. I am so sad he passed away; BUT if I had to go, I would want it to be saving a cats life too. I know that was his calling, and he died doing what he loved, saving cats :(