PDA

View Full Version : Kitty in Florida needs a home, ASAP!

Kfamr
04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
A friend of mine received a cat as a gift from his mother when getting his new home (yeah, he still thinks it was a stupid idea.) He takes care of, feeds, etc. his cat, but he does not want her, and never has. She has never been in any danger of being sent to the shelter until now.

Without all of the details, Kitty needs a new home. He will be moving and will not have time for Kitty.

If you know of anyone who can take kitty, or if any PT'er can take her, please let me know.

Here's what I know...
Name: Kitty
Unspayed female
Under 1 year old
Palm Harbor, Florida

She is a sweet cat and very playful. If I didn't have 4 dogs, I'd take her in a heartbeat.

If you know of anyone who can adopt kitty, please let me know. It will be required that she is spayed. Pictures are attached

catmandu
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
I Wish I Could But I Cant .
I Shouldnt Have Taken In The Tubster But I Couldnt Say No.

Catty1
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Kay - do you have a wee spare room you could keep her in with food and box for even a little while?

When is this 'person' moving?

I hope someone can give her a home - she is GORGEOUS! And maybe a new name - she looks like a sweet Magnolia!

PT Prayers going to her.

doolittleky
04-25-2007, 08:11 PM
She is a doll! I wish I could take her but I already have so many. Plus I am in KY
Melissa

Kfamr
04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I cannot keep her in my home.

This 'person', MY FRIEND, is moving sometime in June/July.

Taz_Zoee
04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh, she is adorable!! I hope you can find someone to take her, or even someone to foster her until a furever home can be found for her.

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
She sure is gorgeous.:) I hope that she'll be able to find a foster home or a new permanent loving home very soon. Please continue to keep us updated about her.

Grace
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Oh my, she is beautiful. What on earth is wrong with people these days? Why did this woman not check to see if her son actually wanted a pet before presenting him with one?

Now that gorgeous creature is the one to suffer.

Idiots!!!

Logan
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
I am not in a position to offer a home to her, but I wish I could. Helen and I want another cat so badly, but I have promised my husband that I won't ask for anything for at least six months, after we lost Lilly. I think that Butter is also enjoying being the "only" cat, right now. He is not my concern, but our Bulldog, Mack, is a concern, as he is quite active and overwhelming at times.

I wish I could have them all. :( I do hope and pray that she will find the perfect home, Kay.

Logan

Sevaede
04-25-2007, 11:23 PM
*pets for the kitty* Thank you Kay for caring about your friend and about Kitty! :D

Maybe one of the shelters that posts on Petfinder will do a courtesy listing and help find a foster home? I will do a search on kitty rescues in your area! :)

EDIT: I was having a bit of difficulty finding rescue groups but I did have another idea.

Talk to local vets. After Tier passed away, I learned that some vets keep books of critters that people have lost, found, are in search of, or want to give away/adopt out/etc. If you ask, they might be able to spread the word for you! :)

CultureJunky
04-26-2007, 02:57 AM
Oh what a gorgeous girl, I really hope you can find her a home, I'm praying she gets a good home, she deserves it.

Kfamr
04-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Bump.

Husky_mom
04-27-2007, 03:07 PM
what an adorable face!! hope she finds a great home......

Anikaca77
04-28-2007, 07:47 AM
I wish I could take her as well but I already have 5 babies in a small place that I can't take in another. I hope that you will find Kitty a new home and fast. She is so pretty.

sandragonfly
04-28-2007, 04:18 PM
poor kitty - what a doll face.

do you think I can take her in...? I think I know someone I can ask - otherwise I pray her fpr a good forever home!

Carol Bulger
04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
What a shame, this is a beautiful cat. I just moved from Florida to Tacoma, Washington and I made sure I had my babies with me. We drove,
it was a very long trip {5 days} and the cats took the trip better than I did. I think they were just happy that they were not left behind. Where are these people going?
Carol Bulger

Carol Bulger
04-28-2007, 08:10 PM
What a beautiful cat. I just left the Florida area and moved up close to Seattle, Washington and believe me when I left I made sure I had by babies with me. We drove across country {5} days and my cats took the trip better than I did! I think they were just happy that I did not leave them behind.
Where are these people going that they can't take the cat?
Carol Bulger

Catty1
04-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Carol - this info from the first post should answer your questions:

A friend of mine received a cat as a gift from his mother when getting his new home...but he does not want her, and never has. She has never been in any danger of being sent to the shelter until now. Without all of the details, Kitty needs a new home. He will be moving and will not have time for Kitty.

Kfamr
04-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Honestly, it's no one's business where he is going - that is not the point. The point is that Kitty needs to be rehomed. She is not in danger, he would not let harm come upon her.

No, I cannot take her in.

Scooter's Mom
04-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Honestly, it's no one's business where he is going - that is not the point. The point is that Kitty needs to be rehomed. She is not in danger, he would not let harm come upon her.

I don't think anyone's asked where they're going that they can't take the kitty out of sheer nosiness. I think it was merely concern.

I'd take the kitty but I'm in Arizona and my husband has said no more kitties, as we cannot afford vet bills for additional pets.